A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking at job at Nuance - Current Employee Comments on Company - Kat

Posted: Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale?

You are kidding right? - Funny questions?

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't need to repeat everything that has been said before about Nuance...do some reading of older posts.

I personally am only OKAY with Nuance; however, with the huge pay cut, I have filed bankruptcy and I am on food stamps and Medicaid. I can no longer support my family. We never had a lot, but we always had enough.

If I had know about Fiesa, I would have never come here.

Thank You - Kat

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, that right there has helped me make up my mind....NO..again, Thanks a bunch I appreciate it

If you are a big producer with acute work, it's okay.. otherwise don't bother. - NuanceMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked at Webmedx on a clinic account, making 8.5 cpl straight transcription and 5.5 cpl for VR with a considerable production bonus each week. Nuance took over almost 2 years ago, and immediately chopped line rates to 4 cpl VR across the board (less if you are fresh out of school). It doesn't matter if you are a CMT or not, they pay the same for everyone now.

About 6 months ago, the clinic I was working for switched to EMR and I was forced to take on acute care with a bump in VR pay to 4.5 cpl. The increase in line rate was nice, but I am not making my weekly production bonus on a consistent basis anymore because Nuance also changed the requisites for that as well. If you can produce at least 10,000 lines a week on a mostly VR acute care account, you'll do okay. Otherwise, it's probably not worth it.

ETA: I see so many complaints about Fiesa, but truthfully I have never had a problem. If you produce quality work, you'll be fine.

My dislike - Ruth

[ In Reply To ..]
I only disliked the last sentence - if you produce quality work, you'll be fine.....

I produce quality work - have for 30 years - had a number of companies, many supervisors and even hospital department heads tell me so - while I have worked for various companies in the past. But for Nuance, I have failed to get bonus - not because of quantity - I am a high producer in acute care - and my help is regularly requested on difficult dictators/reports - but somehow Fiesa always finds just enough to keep me from bonus. It's not quality work they want - it's people who are willing to accept minimum wage....

Sorry you're not qualifying for your quartery bonus... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am also a high producer (10,000 to 11,000 lines per week most of the time). I always check Fiesa and if there is even a question of a discrepancy with a correction, I bring it up to my TSM immediately, even on stupid little 0.25-point errors. They really can add up. If you have a good manager, she/he will go for bat for you when needed. QCs also make mistakes, and I have had my fair share of having to get errors reversed or downgraded in order to make sure to get my bonus.

I agree with you 100%, Ruth. - They want perfection for the lowest wages possible

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thank You - Kat

[ In Reply To ..]
That's a big fat NO...thanks a bunch for your reply, really appreciate it

Ask the Nuance Board. That's where they all are. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
????????????

Looking for job - CAM

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you read any former posts?

Looking for a job at Nuance - Run!

[ In Reply To ..]
To quote another post, this is a "cesspool" of a ccompany. Nuff said, look elsewhere; don't give them the satisfaction of working for them. Read these posts, this is a horrible company. I didn't take a position with Nuance based on what I read here and I am so happy I did that. Between M*Modal and this place, they are destroying the world of transcription and making so many MTs actually starve!

Current employee - HKitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm acute care and I like my job at Nuance. Yes, there could be more money, but compared to other places I've worked I think my compensation is better than most. FIESA QA is a joke, I feel. I haven't run out of work. You would have to try it to form an opinion. Not every company is for everyone.

Similar Messages:

Amphion - Current Employee Comments Appreciated
Jul 29, 2014

I was just at the AHDI Conference and talked to Amphion..I know they only pay for black characters on a page, no spaces or headers or footers...looking for comments from Current Amphion employees...how do you like the company and can you make any $$ there? ...

SoftScript Current Employee Info About Company
Feb 23, 2014

Have read lots of negatives. My basic question is about whether there is enough work available and what the benefits are like especially health insurance. Am just really looking for some accurate current info. Thanks. ...

Current Employee Impressions Of Silent Type And/or Nuance
Jun 06, 2011

I would like feedback from Current employee impressions of Silent Type and/or Nuance  looking for change but chickenforchange ...

Any Current Focus Employees? Pros, Cons, Good, Bad Comments?
Nov 17, 2010

Is there work?  Do they pay on time?  Any comments on overall experience there would be appreciated.  ...

Any Comments On Company GTS That Just Posted For MTs?
Aug 28, 2014

a ...

Phoenix MedCom - Comments About This Company?
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone have any comments about this company?  Thinking of applying. ...

I'm Not A Current MM Employee, But Was An Old MedQuister Way Back When...
Mar 22, 2013

so I check out your board occasionally.  I see some mention of Amy again and don't know if you all have already seen this, so pardon if it's a repeat performance, just thought some might be interested if they haven't checked it out yet.  I got the impression that the condescension in her MM videos to you all was quite noteworthy, so I started Google searching her out of curiosity and ran across this.   amy 06-24-12 ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Employee-based Company? Recommendations?
Apr 18, 2012

Anyone have good recommendations on a good employee-based company to work for in terms of good benefits/401k? Thanks!! ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

Former Nuance Employee As Well
Aug 12, 2013

I left Nuance over a year ago (was actually termiated), due to the fact that I had  physical disabily that no matter how hard I tried, I could not achieve their required LPH requirements for VR  -- this was even after talking to several higher ups and explaining to them the diffculty I had with using the keyboard to be able to try to work on VR -- they didn't care.  Since then, I have woked for other companies that do both VR and straight and not one of them has had the line ...

Former Nuance Employee - W2
Jan 21, 2014

I do not work for Nuance anymore. Anyone know if they mail the W2 or is it paperless? ...

Nuance Employee Handbook?
Jan 13, 2012

Has anyone every received an employee handbook for Nuance?  I am specifically looking for info regarding accumulating PTO, how it is accrued and how much can be carried over.  As far as I can remember, I have never received any handbook.  Thanks! ...

Transition To Nuance Employee
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

K&R Consulting - Current Info On This Company?
Mar 30, 2011

Does anyone have current info on this company? Hours, schedule, pay, etc.    I sure would appreciate feedback. Is it typing only?  Thanks! ...

TransTech - Current Info For This Company?
Apr 02, 2012

I looked but do not really find much current info for this company.  They "seem" pretty liget with basic line requirements, decent pay for VR, good benefits, ect.  Has anyone worked there and been disatisfied?  Are there no work issues that mess with maintaining benefits? Just tapping on the walls before rebuilding. Thank you. ...

Former Nuance Employee Bullied By Phone
Apr 10, 2015

Really feeling upset – a Nuance recruiter just called me, trying to get me to work there again (I left 2 years ago). She first tried to seduce me with a 2k sign on bonus, refused to email me anything in writing regarding their current line bonuses and rate of pay.  I told her I might contact some former coworkers and ask them if things have truly improved or this was just the usual bait and switch.  She then ended with threats that they won’t stop until they have caused eve ...

Nuance Employee Handbook And Webclock Question
Aug 20, 2013

Seems like I was told there is such a thing, but where can it be found?  How do you put in time for taking a day off with pay on Webclock?  I can't find instructions or a category for this on the Webclock page. ...

BOS VA (Bureau Of Office Services); Has Anyone Heard From This Company, Or Can Current
Oct 08, 2010

n/m ...

Can Someone Tell Me Current Line Rate For Nuance??
Nov 22, 2012

Just wondering what the current cpl for editing and transcribing is for Nuance.  I know what I make with Transcend and would like to keep it that way.  Hubby is out of work and I cannot afford a pay cut of any kind.  Peanut butter and jelly - it's what's for dinner!!!! :( ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

Current 9 Year Transcend MLS. I Notice Nuance Hiring Ads
Sep 24, 2012

Is this common (the 1 yr exp only requirement).  Transcend has always required at least 3 years.  One has to wonder if the 1 year exp is an easy ploy to offer lower pay.  I worry about this since from what we can summize we will be moved to be in line with Nuance payscale at some point shortly.  Is anyone else make this 1 yr experience connection?  ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Nuance Company:
Jun 22, 2011

Word on the street: Nuance has acquired Webmedx - No official announcement but am hearing this from multiple sources. ...

Nuance And Leaving The Company
Jul 19, 2012

I am looking to soon leave Nuance and was wondering if they were going to try and convince me to stay when I give notice. Thanks ...

Nuance Is The Worst Company Ever
May 08, 2014

I HATE THIS COMPANY!  Just needed to vent.  ...

Is There A Company Worse Than Nuance?
May 29, 2014

But not sure if I should stay with Nuance, a known evil company, or take a chance going to an unknown evil company. ...

Nuance Company Song
Jun 24, 2014

how about ...

Nuance Company Website
May 17, 2015

Has anybody gone to the Nuance website? The site regarding prospective employees that they expect top-notch, quality blah blah and in return, they will "provide financial and professional rewards." What is the financial and professional reward, I wonder? Um, minimal wages. What is the professional reward? There is no raises ever and no career advancement. They got to be more specific and not just empty talk. ...