A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance employee handbook? - readytoretire

Posted: Jan 13, 2012

Has anyone every received an employee handbook for Nuance?  I am specifically looking for info regarding accumulating PTO, how it is accrued and how much can be carried over. 

As far as I can remember, I have never received any handbook. 

Thanks!

Nuance employee handbook - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There is something called a Hunter team info document. It should have been emailed to you.

Look in your new hire paperwork..there should be a link... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to get it....otherwise, email HR or your team lead.

Nuance employee handbook - anom

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked about this a few weeks ago and was told that there would be one released later this month. It would be nice to know the terms of our employment, something which seems to always come a little too late with Nuance. We were asked to choose our benefit level before we were told of the huge reduction in our pay. We were informed we would be giving up holiday pay a few days before the holidays, and there was some other mention of PTO, but in the myriad of emails and promises of a bright future with our new employer, Nuance somehow forgot we are real people who rely on our jobs to live and would really like to know the terms of our employment. I had been an employee with Webmedx over 5 years and I remember thinking I would now accumulate 1 day less with Nuance, but I do not remember the specifics. Maybe some day this too will be revealed, but I can almost guarantee, it too will not make us smile.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Employee Handbook And Webclock Question
Aug 20, 2013

Seems like I was told there is such a thing, but where can it be found?  How do you put in time for taking a day off with pay on Webclock?  I can't find instructions or a category for this on the Webclock page. ...

Where Is The Employee Handbook????
Jul 30, 2012

Is there even one? ...

Employee Handbook
May 30, 2013

Does anybody know where were can find the "employee handbook" for Nuance? ...

Webmedx Employee Handbook
Jun 28, 2010

I was recently terminated from Webmedx; unfortunately, I never downloaded the employee manual because I figured I could get to it if I needed it.  I am considering filing a wrongful termination, but would like to confirm the disciplinary steps as outlined in the Webmedx handbook.  Would a current or recent employee have that information and be willing to email it to me, either the entire handbook or just the section related to corrective action leading up to termination. Before I conta ...

Speaking Of The Employee Handbook
Apr 03, 2013

When you sign for the employee handbook, it says something about no employee or manager can make up rules that contradict it. ...

Employee Handbook Link
Jan 07, 2014

Does anyone know the link to Nuance employee handbook?   If there is one, I can't find it.  ...

Oh Happy Day, After Years We Get An Employee Handbook. NM
Feb 01, 2013

XX ...

Employee Handbook - Anyone Else Having Trouble With Link?
Feb 03, 2013

The link supplied in last week's email regarding the Employee Handbook and the required e-signature isn't working for me.  I click on it and nothing.  I e-mailed HR and they sent another one and that didn't work either.  E-mailed them again but no answer.  Of course, it's the week-end.  Anyone else having this problem? ...

Does Anyone Know Site For Employee Handbook/policy?
Apr 12, 2013

nm ...

Can't Remember Where The Employee Handbook Can Be Found
Dec 12, 2013

Or if someone knows what the rate of earning PTO is, that's what I'm trying to find out.  Thanks. ...

OOOOH, An Actual Employee Handbook In The Next Few Weeks???
Dec 11, 2012

I have been here almost 2 years and have been asking for one the entire time.  Does it actually exist?? ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

Former Nuance Employee As Well
Aug 12, 2013

I left Nuance over a year ago (was actually termiated), due to the fact that I had  physical disabily that no matter how hard I tried, I could not achieve their required LPH requirements for VR  -- this was even after talking to several higher ups and explaining to them the diffculty I had with using the keyboard to be able to try to work on VR -- they didn't care.  Since then, I have woked for other companies that do both VR and straight and not one of them has had the line ...

Former Nuance Employee - W2
Jan 21, 2014

I do not work for Nuance anymore. Anyone know if they mail the W2 or is it paperless? ...

Transition To Nuance Employee
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

Former Nuance Employee Bullied By Phone
Apr 10, 2015

Really feeling upset – a Nuance recruiter just called me, trying to get me to work there again (I left 2 years ago). She first tried to seduce me with a 2k sign on bonus, refused to email me anything in writing regarding their current line bonuses and rate of pay.  I told her I might contact some former coworkers and ask them if things have truly improved or this was just the usual bait and switch.  She then ended with threats that they won’t stop until they have caused eve ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Current Employee Impressions Of Silent Type And/or Nuance
Jun 06, 2011

I would like feedback from Current employee impressions of Silent Type and/or Nuance  looking for change but chickenforchange ...

Softscript Handbook
Mar 05, 2011

my oh my what a hole they have dug themselves into ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Nuance Uses The "at Will" Employee Status.
May 16, 2015

Has anyone ever been fired under the auspice of "at will" employement?  People come on the board talking about how they get warnings for not meeting their schedule or any of the other things employees get written up for.  I want to know if anyone has ever been fired for no reason at all, just because the company felt like letting them go under their "at will" priviledge.  ...

IC Or Employee?
Jan 18, 2011

Looks like the law is as gray as I've always thought. ...

IC Vs. Employee
Sep 01, 2011

I have only had one long-term position as an employee for an MT company. Left to get some work out in the "real world" but am in a position to return to an at-home job. Can someone explain the differences between an IC and an employee? What can I expect from applying for those jobs, and how does it affect your taxes, etc.? Thanks in advance!  ...

New Employee
Sep 15, 2011

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever post anything friendly, kind, useful, thankful, etc. regarding MedQuist? Iâm a new employee and due to a recent acquisition would be out of a job without their support. Before accepting the offer I researched the company quite a bitâ¦M*Model merger, DocQscribe, stock prices and company growth to name a few. All this enables me to say that Iâm employed by the #1 transcription company in the country and dang proud of itï ...

Possible That I May Be A MQ Employee Soon
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everyone,  It seems the hospital I am employed by may be outsourcing completely to mq. Rumor has it, if this happens then the 20 or so MTs will be going to MQ or not have a job. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at if that happens, trying to figure out if I should be looking for employment elsewhere.  here are my main questions:  1.  Is there a starting pay or is everyone paid differently? 2.  Is there a schedule or is it flexible? 3.  What kind of benefi ...

New Employee Help
Sep 10, 2012

Has anyone out there accepted a job but then not been able to work because of technical issues?  I accepted a FT transcription position, did the necessary paper work and went through the remote set up on my PC.  I trained on the platform for 2 hours and spent another hour or so beginning to learn the account specs and editing a few voice files, all of that went well. The next time I tried to sign in, I could sign in to the VPN but not Ex Editor, it says to contact the system administra ...

As A FT Employee, Do I Have To
Sep 19, 2012

take lunch?  If you say yes, please provide some sort of link/proof. ...

Which Is Better, Employee Or IC?
Dec 16, 2014

I am a part time employee of an MTSO. In California the min wage is $9/hr, which means at 0.85/line for editing my LPH must add up to $9, while MTs in other states may only have to make $7.50 or so to remain employed. My Team Leader said that is somewhat unfortunate for me; as a 1 year out-of-school newbie I'm not as fast as other MTs.  A few years ago I was an IC and I recall they did have a minimum line count per day but I don't recall having to produce more than ...

Statutory Employee ?
Feb 11, 2010

Just exactly what does statutory employee status mean?  I was recently changed from independent contractor to this?  Never was that before, I don't quite understand it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance. ...