A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

nuance and leaving the company - whoknows

Posted: Jul 19, 2012

I am looking to soon leave Nuance and was wondering if they were going to try and convince me to stay when I give notice.

Thanks

Don't hold your breath. s/m - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I walked 2 weeks ago. They don't care about anyone other than themselves. People come and go at this company. Worse place I have ever worked in my entire life. Best decision I ever made leaving.

Wonder if they get funding of some kind to retain employees? - just sayin......

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They probably don't even know who you are. - alana

[ In Reply To ..]

Leaving Nuance - mt20years

[ In Reply To ..]
Alana is right. They probably don't even know who you are and furthermore don't really care. They are a revolving door. Soon there will be cashiers doing our jobs for minimum wage, if there are still MT jobs in the United States.

Even brick and mortar... - On stie MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Employers rarely try to talk people into staying and the question here is would you if they asked? Usually when a person resigns they've found other employment and are ready to move on. A couple of times, I've been asked to stay until they found a replacement. I've never left a job until I had another one in place, though, so for me commitments had already been made. To answer your question, don't expect Nuance to ask you to stay or offer you a better deal to entice you. They have thousands of employees, people probably come and go on a daily basis.

Similar Messages:

Before Leaving Nuance Think Of This...
Jan 29, 2013

I know some peoplea are going to slam me but so be it.   I just ask those talking about leaving to consider the following while making your decision:  1.  Will the next employer guarantee you won't run out of work or pay you for downtime if you do? 2.  Do they give you 401(k) matching at the same level Nuance does or better? 3.  Do they pay you the average hourly wage you make for vacation/sick days or do they limiit your dollar amount, even if you normally earn ...

PTO Balance - After Leaving Nuance
Aug 03, 2012

To those who have recently left Nuance, how long after receiving your last check do you get paid for you PTO balance?  Or do you not get that $$? I'm trying to be patient as I received my last check last pay period and it did not include any $$ for my PTO balance. Thanks! ...

Thinking Of Leaving TT For Nuance
Jul 15, 2011

Would that be a bad move?  At least if I went to Nuance, I wouldn't have to worry about being bought out!  I have worked for TT for three years.  I used to love it there.  So much work and the overtime bonus was awesome.  I work second shift and have for the entire three years and it's really getting to me.  Some days I have only 4 or 5 hours of work, which was never a problem until lately.  My paychecks are shrinking every month.  The rumors goi ...

Former WebmedX CEO Leaving Nuance
Mar 18, 2013

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130313005208/en ...

Nuance Team Leads Leaving
Jun 04, 2013

Anybody heard this?  3 TLs left abruptly?  ...

Leaving Nuance Is The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me.
Aug 08, 2013

Somebody fry these bas****s! Document EVERYTHING! Someone posted about how to save the voice files. Also save your completed document into a Word document so it can be proved that the document was created on a certain date and never modified. Print copies of all correspondence for anything that isn't just a mundane question. Take screen shots or whatever you need to do of FIEFSA or anything else. Challenge all errors. Document dates and times you run out of work. Document it all. Find w ...

Leaving Nuance, Have Computer Question...
Dec 01, 2014

I hope I have posted this on the correct board. As I do not have a good feeling whatsoever about this new pay plan at Nuance, I am preparing to leave this nasty company after the first of the year​ and am trying to get everything in order. The first order of business is to buy a new computer. I believe new computers come with Windows 8. Does anyone know if that is compatible with most transcription needs today, or does one have to have Windows 7 installed? If so, is that commercially availab ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

QC Leaving?? Leaving More Work For MTs?
Jun 14, 2015

Sorry QC was put on the grid and suffering losses (like we have), but from my point of view the more of them leave, the more work left for us.  Isn't that horrible we are reduced to feeling that way about our co-workers??? Some QC say they are not allowed to do MT unless the account is behind, some say they are allowed when they run out of work.   From the length of time we have been suffering from OOW I have to believe they can and do jump in on our work when out of QC ...

Nuance Company:
Jun 22, 2011

Word on the street: Nuance has acquired Webmedx - No official announcement but am hearing this from multiple sources. ...

Nuance Is The Worst Company Ever
May 08, 2014

I HATE THIS COMPANY!  Just needed to vent.  ...

Is There A Company Worse Than Nuance?
May 29, 2014

But not sure if I should stay with Nuance, a known evil company, or take a chance going to an unknown evil company. ...

Nuance Company Song
Jun 24, 2014

how about ...

Nuance Company Website
May 17, 2015

Has anybody gone to the Nuance website? The site regarding prospective employees that they expect top-notch, quality blah blah and in return, they will "provide financial and professional rewards." What is the financial and professional reward, I wonder? Um, minimal wages. What is the professional reward? There is no raises ever and no career advancement. They got to be more specific and not just empty talk. ...

Nuance Transcription Company Info?
Jun 07, 2011

Our facility recently contracted with Nuance and all MT's were "offered" a position with Nuance. What should we expect? Has anyone worked for or currently working for this company? ...

Nuance QA - Can't Wait To Leave This Company!
Sep 10, 2012

Can't wait to leave this company!  Their QA staff are the true pits of hell, I'll tell ya.  ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

Which Company (not MModal) Is The Competition For Nuance?
Jan 13, 2015

I want to work for their biggest competitor and hopefully help in taking contracts away from Nuance and causing them to feel the financial losses that we have been feeling for quite some time. There has to be some company who is growing fast and obtaining some of their clients.  Anyone? ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Goodbye You Crappy Company. You DON'T Want To Work For Nuance
Nov 22, 2013

I've been gone for a month now.  I feel like bricks have been taken off my chest.  I don't feel the vomit rise in my throat when I checked Fiesa.  I work somewhere else for a little bit less money (about $20 day less), but it is so worth it.  There are companies hiring now. The pay might be a little less than Nuance, but take it.  In other small companies, the people you work for are nice and they care like the company I came from before Nuance.  ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Nuance Testing Compared To Other Company Tests, Ie Softscript.
Mar 21, 2012

I have taken so many tests lately with probably dozens of companies.  I am wondering how you feel about Nuance tests and if it is harder or easier than the other companies.  I personally thought Softscript test was kind of hard, compared with Nuance.  Some of the transcription audio files were a little hard with mumbling and fast talking dictators, but really not bad when compared to others.   Hopefully I might be hired with Nuance, so no more testing, I hope.  I ha ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

Poll: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils? MModal Or Nuance? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

POLL: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils, Nuance Or MModal? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

x ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Leaving MQ
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get 401K after leaving MQ.  I have had it.  I believe the dictators I am getting were hand picked for me, I can barely make minimum wage.   I know this has been asked before, but please answer. ...

Leaving MQ?
Jun 14, 2010

I've been sending out resumes almost daily for close to 8 months now.  I've also been on at least 20 interviews but once they actually realize I've been working at home for almost 20 years, I don't get any job offers because they "want office experience."   I've been so depressed with so many medical offices turning up their noses at me because I've been working from home.  I'm quite sure I probably know termin ...