A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

transition to Nuance employee - weazytom

Posted: Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks

Go to Nuance board and post this question - honest insight will be given

[ In Reply To ..]
As a current Nuance employee, be afraid, be very afraid. It is an underhanded company that does not value MTs. Management sticks together and when bad things happen because of their bad decisions it is always the MTs fault. I have been with Nuance for close to 4 years from a buyout and it is getting worse and worse at Nuance with constant change in work and ever changing rules that are so complex to understand you will scream. Being out of work is pretty constant. And then there is the fiasco Fiesa QA system and a fake incentive bonus system that Fiesa will ensure you will never achieve.

Post your questions on Nuance board and you will get more responses.

SO UNTRUE! - Please get other input.

[ In Reply To ..]
This employee obviously is not telling the truth. The incentive program is very good and the supervisors are very helpful and nice. I have been an MT for this company for about 6-7 years and have been a QC now. There are many teams and accounts. I have found that if I was not doing good on an account, you talk to your supervisor about it and they will help out and put you on something else or limit your work pool to certain WTs or dictators until you feel comfortable. Please do not listen to all the negative!

My objective opinion - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
This job unfortunately is like ALL others these days. It has its good and bad. My experience overall has been positive. I have a great TL (BUT I do know that there are some out there that are terrible and when mine is out, I receive horrible emails from this one and if i were on her team would probably have quit by now or at least reported her to HR) That being said, I LOVE my TL. She always answers my questions and helps me. I have plenty of work and several different accounts which I can go to if need be but not necessary most of the time. The downfall is there auditing. Some of the QA people are great and are constructive in there criticism and also will tell you when you do a good job THEN there are the ones that seem to take great joy in finding things and marking you off for them. When I don't agree which is a lot of the time, I email my TL and every single time have had them reversed. Yes you are doing this on your own time but 15 minutes of my time is well worth me keeping up my score. Making the bonus is not plausible most of the time, there is always going to be one of the 3 things that for whatever reason you don't reach. So NEVER count on their bonuses and don't let them tell you any different. As far as the company goes though overall I have no problem and enjoy my accounts that I am on. You just can't let the QA crap get to you and you will do fine
your suspicious posts - no offence, but...see message
[ In Reply To ..]
your posts are really beginning to reek of management. How is that you are happy when 99% of us are not? I have yet to meet a QA person interested in constructive criticism. I am always OOW. Etc., etc.

Another lying manager? You do not limit your work pool - you grow the pool to unfortunate accounts

[ In Reply To ..]
That is the craziest thing I ever heard - supervisors limiting your workload to only dictators you "feel comfortable" with. You sink or swim with all dictators and if any supervisor is hand-picking easy dictators for newbies that is UNFAIR. I was told the only way to learn an account is get pushed into the pool of dictators. Hand picking dictators for MTs is equivalent to cherry-picking and that is frowned upon by Nuance.

In other words OP, it appears the QC person is spreading an untruth about getting your accounts cherry-picked with only dictators you "feel comfortable" with.
No...Not another lying manager.... - Let me rephrase
[ In Reply To ..]
Worded that incorrectly about dictators...you cannot limit or hand pick those, but the supervisors are very helpful as to getting an MT up to speed on quality and line count. This is one of the reasons I never go to this board but just happened to today, because of hateful people that are very unhappy with their job and make it miserable for everyone else that is trying to find a job. Was just trying to leave some positive feedback about the company to an MT that was nervous about making a transition.
You claim to be QC? Your positive feedback is untrue. - Many MTs do not like Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
You are so filled with misconceptions (or BS) it is sad. MTs are hateful people because they don't like Nuance business practices? That is a RIDICULOUS concept.

BTW fix your sentence structure and English if you want credibility as a QC person. You sound like a manager. What is wrong with your sentence below aside from your ASSumptions?

"This is one of the reasons I never go to this board but just happened to today, because of hateful people that are very unhappy with their job and make it miserable for everyone else that is trying to find a job."

Sure. Get other input - go to the Nuance board on the left

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll get lots of input!

wow - weazytom

[ In Reply To ..]
Holy smokes - I am used to a family environment work situation as an MT for a smaller company. I did not realize there were so many ruthless, negative, and downright nasty MTs out there. I thank the person who answered this question with some positivity. May I ask all of the obviously unhappy MTs out there why they stay with Nuance if it is that bad ? That doesn't make sense to me. I truly want to go into this change with a positive attitude, but you negative MTs scare me. I can't imagine having this job and hating every minute of it like most of you. I don't want to turn into a sarcastic, nasty person putting nothing but negative in a post about my company. Perhaps that's why you have not advanced to QC in the company as the person who replied with some positivity did to my post.
Are you back again - Quit talking to yourself - Nit-picker doing QC is an advancement? LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
LOL QC is an advancement? The QC person should be flipping burgers with their lack of skills and/or command of English "weazytom" You know who scares me? People who change their names to appear to back another poster and calls MTs names like hateful, negative, sarcastic, nasty.

Because a person answers a question truthfully and does not agree with Nuance underhand business practices and treatment of MTs does not make them all the things you and your buddy who claims to also be "QC" correct. It makes you ignorant to call people names and I can tell the frustration you have when you need to defend Nuance against the many people who do not like the company and can give good reasons why not.

And you think QC is an advancement for MTs? In what manner? LOL.
exactly why I'm scared - weazytom
[ In Reply To ..]
You think trying to have a positive attitude about something is sucking up? How can I suck up when I have absolutely no idea who this person is and they have no idea who I am? I don't even work there yet? You are exactly the type of MT I do not want to work with. Negativity will get you nowhere.
Who said anything about sucking up? - You make no sense.
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't want to work with me, an anonymous at home worker? How in the world would I affect you?

By the way, Nuance business practices are negative so you might not want to work for them. They can affect your outlook.

You do know Nuance ships American work to India right? You do know when Americans lose jobs to be done in India, our USA economy is affected right? You do know that our pay is based on being competitive with India right? You do know that India workers do not have the same cost of living American workers do right? You do know that Nuance overstaffs accounts so you may not get all the work you need because the work can be done in India while you sleep right?

Educate yourself before you start calling American MTs names. All the positivity in the world cannot change FACTS and ignoring facts can make one seem delusional not positive.
But... - jmt
[ In Reply To ..]
you were looking for all answers, the good, bad and ugly. If you only wanted positive, perhaps you should have said "I only want positive feedback". You asked for what you're getting and you have the audacity to insult people you don't know for answering YOUR question. People amaze me sometimes.
I think the question was bait to let "another" poster - say how great Nuance is.
[ In Reply To ..]
They are obviously on the same "positive" page IF not the same poster. Good bad and ugly weasytom requests yet turns negative and calls those who give them the truth awful names. Kind of strange coming from someone who claims to be positive. Double talk so to speak.

If you are used to a "family environment - work situation"
[ In Reply To ..]
Your "family" just sold you down the river.
Yes weazytom's family just sold him/her down the river - in a leaky boat without a paddle.
[ In Reply To ..]
What a disingenuous poster.
sorry i asked - weazytom
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, I have to ask why you all still work there if it is SO BAD - perhaps you would be happier elsewhere.
I got sold down the river with Nuance buyout of American company - Nuance has a monopoly
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance is setting the standards for MT work with lower pay, over staffing accounts, and outsourcing American jobs. Many companies have been bought by Nuance leaving no competition and Nuance calling the low level shots for MTs knowing there is no where else for MTs to go for work.
All this negativity vs positivity is - kind of irrelevant with N
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's call it what it is - we have been basically trapped in a low wage job by Nuance because we based our lives on what was a decent job maybe only a year or two ago and now are left with very little in the way of income or opportunity, despite being highly skilled.

All you saying why don't you leave if you hate it so much and feel so abused?

Well, as far as MT goes, because there is nothing much better out there as the pay has been driven down so low by MM and N, what there is pays either lower and/or is less secure (Nuance, whatever else it is, is a huge machine), and most of us are in situations where any other job we could get would NOT involve a pay increase, WOULD involve transportation costs and other costs, in terms of time, clothes, etc.

Nuance uses these reasons to justify why it's okay to pay us low, but in reality they have now virtually trapped us in this low wage miserable existence because we have no choice and many are slowly but surely going bankrupt, relying on govt support, etc.

Heck, let the negativity fly, why not? This situation sucks, you can make the most of it, sure, but the traditional American sucking up and loving your employer garbage are not going to work with this one.

The only way I survive is to come on here once in a while and vent and I have no problem with that or anyone else who does that.

If it drives you crazy I don't quit, too freaking bad, I need this bad job, but I am not going to worship them, they are simply not a good employer, and luckily we have somewhere we can compare notes and complain if we like to, get ready for the next "exciting changes" they decide to pull on us.
You have to make your own decision. sm - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
I started here about 3 years ago. I absolutely HATED this place. I kept looking for a different job, but where I live, there is not much opportunity. I also have a disabled husband so working at home is actually a good fit for me.

So..... after making myself miserable for so long (and my family I'm sure), I decided that I would learn to tolerate this job. I am lucky to have a decent TSM and a pretty good account. (I have a backup account which really sucks.)

And get this - for the past 3 months, I've been making the weekly bonus. Go figure.

I'm not saying I love this place, but I have learned to tolerate it, unless something else comes along or they make drastic changes I can't work with, I'll stick it out here. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Of course, a glass of wine or a cold beer after work doesn't hurt either.
agree with mt2 - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree. Make up your own mind. I am not a plant, I have numerous statements throughout the Nuance page. There is good and bad with everybody. I just think that this page gets more of the disgruntled employees than the happier ones. I am not over the top about Nuance but as far as a job and the pay, I really have no complaints. I am one of the lucky ones I guess where I never run out of work unless maybe around a holiday. I have no problem in requesting time off, ever have I been denied even if it was short notice. Hopefully you will have a good experience but make up your own mind
final something positive - THANKS - weazytom
[ In Reply To ..]
Finally, some kind words. Thank you. I expected to hear bad with the good, but I didn't expect to get my head ripped off by suggesting positivity.
You ASKED for Nuance good, bad and ugly, not positivity - Looks like you were insincere with your request.
[ In Reply To ..]
Quit wasting your time and other posters. It is obvious you do not want reality and want to be delusional without taking certain facts about Nuance seriously.

Just keep lowering your expectations and you will be able tolerate Nuance until they decide they can't tolerate you for multiple different reasons they have built in such as Fiesa scores and complex rules.
I GIVE UP - weazytom
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll do what I have to do and work where I have to work to survive, period. The majority of you replying are a bunch of disgruntled, unhappy MTs. Life is way too short to be as angry as some of you are.
Disgruntled unhappy angry MTs should tell you the answer - to your question.
[ In Reply To ..]
But you go ahead with your delusions that the only reason posters are negative about Nuance has nothing to do with Nuance, it is a personality defect for MTs who face facts about the company.

I now believe you were insincere with your OP and posting bait not wanting to hear anything bad about Nuance. But dude, the truth is in the majority of the answers and not with people who are just making do with Nuance or the crazy QC who was sure your supervisor would cherry-pick dictators who you feel comfortable with. LOL.
whatever - weazytom
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all I'm not a dude. I am a 52-year-old female medical transcriptionist. Obviously you disgruntled, unhappy employees aren't going anywhere, so I'm pretty sure I'll be checking out other options. If something isn't working for you - change it. In other words, if you don't like your job - QUIT
If you read the posts there are multiple reasons - why people do not quit
[ In Reply To ..]
One is that Nuance has created a monopoly and there aren't many jobs out there.

Quit calling MTs who honestly answered your questions names. It is very negative of you doncha know and I suspect shows your true colors.

Take some reading comprehension courses and read the Nuance board as well as this board with answers to your questions to see why people do not just quit and why MTs do not like Nuance.
Like I said - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
most of the people who post on this board are the not so happy ones. I agree with you, why constantly go on and on about how bad everything is. I enjoy my job, my TL and my accounts. Could the money be better??? YES Could the QA be better???? YES Is grass greener with one of the other companies that hire at home???? NO because I have checked, they pay less or the same, I would have to go through the aggravation of learning all new accounts and if you read on any of the other websites they all have negative comments also so where I am is fine, I REPEAT, not great but fine. I am not in a position to work outside of the home due to medical reasons so DO NOT judge those of us who stay and are happy about it. As I said earlier, you may up your own mind and if it works for you --great. If not, look elsewhere but if you spend as much time as some of these other people do with all this negativity then you will get nowhere and just be bitter!!!
Hey newbutold - do not judge. - some MTs see things as they are and are angry
[ In Reply To ..]
Years of experience goes unrewarded. Years of service goes unrewarded. The cost of living goes up, my pay stays the same.

Nuance sending American jobs offshore makes me angry - buying American companies and sending the work to India. Many small businesses that I used to support when I was paid for my experience are going out of business because I can no longer afford to shop there just as other Americans who are losing their jobs to offshore workers.

If you are in a position to make yourself happy in spite of the above so be it. Many people I know settle for less and try to justify it rather than change, staying in bad marriages and relationships. I am just not one of those people who can suck it in and pretend all is well.

I am tired of hearing you and others justify your "positivity" and condemning those who have negative feelings about Nuance. Then you tell us not to judge. What do you think you are doing?

Whatever gets you through the night and if it is Nuance OK. Hope they don't eventually decide to ship all work to India and you put all your eggs in Nuance basket. In the meantime stick your head back in the sand and pretend you are on your own private island where nothing that goes wrong with Nuance will affect you.
I Give up - guess what
[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly what most MTs are doing here; trying to survive. It is easy to stand on the outside looking in thinking it will be different for you. Take these posts serious, people took their time to help you.

Oh my God! You're kidding me! - Just left Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Out of work. Always.
2. They try to bully you into working off your shift, so you spend MORE than your scheduled hours trying to make earnings above minimum wage.
3. Different QA mark you down for different things. You can't win.
4. The incentive program is BS when QA marks you down either way you do something (can we all get on the same page? No, apparently that's not the Nuance QA way).
5. TMs are practically non-existent.
6. FOUR cents a line.
7. Always changing accounts and they always have RIDICULOUS specs.
8. FOUR cents a line.
9. Speech wreck is a joke.

Other input - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You cannot be serious. WE are lying and we are unhappy because we have a bad attitude!! 18 dislikes on your post and YOUR 1 like.

THIS employee is telling the truth. You may be okay for a few months, but once FIESA kicks in, along with all the other BS, you will be wishing that you listened to all the MTs with a "bad attitude."

And yes, I am actively job hunting and I have 25 years in this business (20 at home). So,if N was a good employer,I would be trying to stay at home and work, not pounding the pavement for ANYTHING to get me out of this hellhole.

My experience - dz

[ In Reply To ..]
I came in from a bought-out company. My experience has been not as bad as others. It's been a couple years since the buyout but it's still run pretty much by the same people in the old company but with Nuance policies adopted.

I've had 3 supervisors and one of them was a real witch. Glad that one was very short-lived. I too have a very nice manager and lead now. My questions get answered right away. If you do your work and don't call off or be late you probably won't have any problems. FIESA can be a little hard to swallow sometimes. I just look at it like we're all human. I usually remember my mistakes so my personal goal is to not repeat them.

I only run out of work around the usual slow times like holidays. I usually have plenty to do. I've made the bonus a couple times but I think you're better off not even trying. Might get better treatment or maybe it's more like they just don't pay much attention to you that way.

That's my experience and I'm not management. I've also worked for MM and think Nuance is the better of the 2. They are more honest.

To DZ - weazytom

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the reply - so are you saying if the accounts that are with my company now transition over to Nuance with the company buyout and I my supervisor goes there too, chances are I will be placed under that supervisor on the account that I have been on here for the past 4 years ??

My company buyout supervisor is long gone. - Nuance added extra account and then a third

[ In Reply To ..]
This was a gradual move toward integrating Nuance supervisors and adding more accounts so I did not run out of work. The reason I ran out of work was because my original account was shared with other Nuance MTs.

Nuance is not looking out for the individual MT and will do whatever it takes to get the work done by whoever is available to do it.

I have been through 5 supervisors in 4 years.

weazytom- - you are looking

[ In Reply To ..]
for any little crumb to justify going to N. Do it. Why even ask? Haven't you learned they are going to lie and tell you anything to get you so they have a "ready MT" on those accts at first then they will ship them off to India and you will be like the rest that post here. It is the easy thing to do, transfer with the accts, but brace yourself for the ride.

At least at first - dz

[ In Reply To ..]
I started out with nothing changed for a little while. I'm still under people and working with people that were from the old company now. I volunteered to change accounts. I thought it would be a good move to get on a new one from the start. That way I figured it would last longer.

I'm not going to say this is a dream job. It's far, far from it. Sometimes I wonder if people are exaggerating a bit. Other times I notice that a poster will type something like "then" instead of "than" in their post and then I don't wonder why they get such bad treatment. I know I'm not perfect either. But as I said, I remember my mistakes and try not to repeat them. If I get out of here someday and by that I mean out of this line of work entirely, I doubt I will regret it.

her's some useful information for ya - weasytom

[ In Reply To ..]
from my previous post a few months back.

If you find yourself employed at Nuance through no fault of your own, with no other choice, you need to:

Claim bankruptcy right away because soon you won’t be able to afford debt, and then you won’t be able to afford to file bankruptcy either, and you could lose much more than your self-esteem. You will probably eventually lose that.

Buy a cappuccino maker because you won’t be able to buy fancy coffee anymore. You will know exactly what is in it too.

Keep the basics stocked: rice, beans, taters, nuts, fruit, eggs, flour, sugar, etc, because your food budget will be cut drastically and these will keep you healthier, and you can still whip up a sweet now and then. You’ll be making all your meals at home because if you do go out to eat you might have to tip, and you need that $4. You will lose weight, I assure you.

Get cozy with COZI TV.

Learn how to grow your own vegetables, herbs, etc. Plant a pear tree in your yard too. You will know exactly where they had been before they cross your lips.

Have a big rummage sale now and then and get rid of all that junk you don’t need for a few extra $$ in your pocket. If you can afford pockets, consider yourself lucky.

Its all true, bankruptcy saved me. I only still have a house because I bought a little hovel with a huge yard and I can still afford it, barely.

Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

ATSI - Transition From IC To Employee Confusion
May 06, 2010

A recruiter recently emailed me and stated in her email "After the minimumlines per day is satisfied for 3 consecutive periods as well as the 90 days you will be offered employee status and benefits".  What does that mean?  What does a consecutive period consist of - pay periods?  Annual quarters?  (and please don't tell me to "ask the recruiter" - I have to go through extensive testing before she'll communicate with me again and I want to know if its worth it). I ...

Transition To Nuance
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

Nuance Transition, PTO, Weekly Line Totals, Questions,etc. TIA
Dec 28, 2012

This transition has been stressful!  A few questions....  I read some of the posts below but I have more questions and will appreciate any answers from anyone!  Since I dont have an average quarterly rate yet, how much am I getting paid for PTO?  I took Christmas Eve off and still have no idea how much money I made that day.  Emailed region 4 days ago and no answer yet.  Also, how much PTO do we earn per pay period?  Didnt see that anywhere in the information ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

Former Nuance Employee As Well
Aug 12, 2013

I left Nuance over a year ago (was actually termiated), due to the fact that I had  physical disabily that no matter how hard I tried, I could not achieve their required LPH requirements for VR  -- this was even after talking to several higher ups and explaining to them the diffculty I had with using the keyboard to be able to try to work on VR -- they didn't care.  Since then, I have woked for other companies that do both VR and straight and not one of them has had the line ...

Former Nuance Employee - W2
Jan 21, 2014

I do not work for Nuance anymore. Anyone know if they mail the W2 or is it paperless? ...

Nuance Employee Handbook?
Jan 13, 2012

Has anyone every received an employee handbook for Nuance?  I am specifically looking for info regarding accumulating PTO, how it is accrued and how much can be carried over.  As far as I can remember, I have never received any handbook.  Thanks! ...

Former Nuance Employee Bullied By Phone
Apr 10, 2015

Really feeling upset – a Nuance recruiter just called me, trying to get me to work there again (I left 2 years ago). She first tried to seduce me with a 2k sign on bonus, refused to email me anything in writing regarding their current line bonuses and rate of pay.  I told her I might contact some former coworkers and ask them if things have truly improved or this was just the usual bait and switch.  She then ended with threats that they won’t stop until they have caused eve ...

Nuance Employee Handbook And Webclock Question
Aug 20, 2013

Seems like I was told there is such a thing, but where can it be found?  How do you put in time for taking a day off with pay on Webclock?  I can't find instructions or a category for this on the Webclock page. ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Current Employee Impressions Of Silent Type And/or Nuance
Jun 06, 2011

I would like feedback from Current employee impressions of Silent Type and/or Nuance  looking for change but chickenforchange ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Nuance Uses The "at Will" Employee Status.
May 16, 2015

Has anyone ever been fired under the auspice of "at will" employement?  People come on the board talking about how they get warnings for not meeting their schedule or any of the other things employees get written up for.  I want to know if anyone has ever been fired for no reason at all, just because the company felt like letting them go under their "at will" priviledge.  ...

MT In Transition
Apr 27, 2011

I work for Precyse, and they are now sending the 3rd new account in my region over to India, and we are constantly without work anymore.  I have applied for a job with Transcend Services.  Can anyone tell me about this company please?  First and foremost, do you run out of work very often?  ...

Something To Transition To!!!!
Dec 24, 2011

Is your MT career dead? Don't know what to do? Here's the NEXT BIG THING! And you get to still stay at home! hmmm, I wonder if I can hook my headset up to my phone.... LOL  =]   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/phone-sex-moms_n_1166075.html?1324589894&ncid=webmail19 ...

Transition
Jan 16, 2014

How does one make the transition over to acute care with no acute care experience. All the jobs I see want acute care. I fully understand that. I am willing to make the transition if someone would give me a chance. I ran into this as a new MT back 4 years ago. I have clinic experience, but no acute care experience.  I'm looking for jobs daily as I lost my job 2 weeks ago due to electronic records. I need to work as bills are stacking up.  What companies hire for clinic work, wil ...

Transition To Third Shift
Feb 02, 2011

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone who works or has worked third shift in the past could share with me any advice they might have. I have always worked first shift, but I have been offered a really terrific position working third shift on the weekends, and I am finding myself wanting to give it a try. I know it would be a difficult transition at first, and I would need to focus on taking good care of myself. If anyone has any advice, I would so greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advanc ...

Transition From MT To Coding...
Mar 17, 2011

I'm thinking of making the jump after years (22+) in MT and LT and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to go about doing this.  I have found a couple of prep courses for the CCP exam, but it would be nice if I could hear some actual experiences that people have had with some of the actual courses out there.  It would be great if you could provide links to the places that y'all have gone to.  Feel free to e-mail me if you'd prefer.  Tha ...

Nervous Transition
Oct 21, 2011

I have come into transciption within the past four years. This is something I have always wanted to do and finally found a way to get into the field. There does not seem to be alot of money in straight typing, and less in VR. I have always made incentive, but still - its just not enough and I work very hard to get that. Right now, I work for a company with straight typing only, no VR. I am taking a position with a company that has VR and it sounds to me like the position is pre ...

DSG - Hows The Transition Going?
Mar 07, 2012

Haven't seen any recent threads lately and just wondered how everyone was doing? Are things getting better for everyone? Were you able to get back on original accounts before the change? I read a thread on here a couple weeks back where people had been kinda shuffeled around and was wondering had it gotten any better for you all. ...

CMTs Who Transition
Mar 20, 2012

Will you or have you let your CMT expire? ...

How Long Did Your Transition Take?
Jul 19, 2013

For those of you who worked for a hospital department that went to an MTSO, how long did the transition take? We received the notice the beginning of 11/10 and they're still not fully transitioned. The first MTSO was swallowed up by a 2nd MTSO. It's possible by Sept we'll be on Powerscribe and then my job will end. P-scribe was not supposed to be the platform in the first place either. I was kept on as an IC to help with the transition. There have been countless tech problems ...

Transition From MT To Coding
Sep 19, 2013

A question for anyone. Would you enroll in a community college program for medical coding at 57 knowing it would cost 5 grand to complete the course, and also with the knowledge that there are very few if any entry-level positions available in coding on the west coast. I see positions for in-house MT's and coders alike in other parts of the country all the time, but not so much on the west coast. I'm torn about this question, whether the commitment required would be worth it as I ...

VR Editing Transition
Aug 06, 2014

Need some help here. I'm a small MTSO and have done straight transcription for almost 20 years.  I am in danger of losing my biggest client which will throw most of my subs out of work.  I've been scrambling to come up with ways to keep this account and have emailed the practice manager about ways that we could still help.  They are going to EMR and will be deploying Dragonspeak for the doctors.  Many of the doctors have nasty accents and I can only imagine what th ...

EditScript Transition
Aug 28, 2014

How long does it take for reports to transition from typed to edited when first being introduced to EditScript?  Its been almost 4 weeks and 90% or more of the jobs in my account are still straight typing.  Rarely do I see an edit job in the queue.  No one is saying how long such a transition takes.  Just wondering if anyone here has experience with their account going to editing and how long it took before they were actually doing editing instead of typing.  ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

Career Transition Idea
Jan 21, 2011

I came across this idea when looking for ideas to branch out from doing MT. A local technical school in my area offers a certification degree for a respiratory therapist. In doing some research, this doesn't sound that bad. You basically work with patient's who have trouble breathing, asthma, COPD, etc. Learn how to use all the oxygen breathing equipment and such, learn how to respond to a patient who might be coding and give proper airway support. It sounded a lot harder than it looks ...

MT Transition To Physician Assistant
Mar 05, 2011

I am considering this.  I am interested in biology and medicine, but do not want to be a nurse.  Anyone know about physician assistant's courses, how rigorous they are, how expensive and how much time it takes to complete them?  I am in the middle of getting my associates degree right now in general studies.  The original plan is going for a masters in social work, but biology and medicine is holding my interest at this point, so wondering if I should switch majors.  ...

M-Modal Meeting For DSG Transition
Feb 08, 2012

Well, I see MQ is still touting the fact that we can produce more with ASR.  Some things never change.  If I had had notice that DSG was selling out from under us, I'd have started seriously looking for another job a long time ago.  Not to mention 3 cpl less for QA submissions over 5%.  Same ol' place I left all those years ago that I swore i wouldn't go back to.  Actually, I didn't, I was just sort of "put" there.  Have choices, though, and have ...