A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm not a current MM employee, but was an old MedQuister way back when... - sm

Posted: Mar 22, 2013

so I check out your board occasionally.  I see some mention of Amy again and don't know if you all have already seen this, so pardon if it's a repeat performance, just thought some might be interested if they haven't checked it out yet.  I got the impression that the condescension in her MM videos to you all was quite noteworthy, so I started Google searching her out of curiosity and ran across this.   amy 06-24-12

wow... shes heavy - cute dog, not so much hubby

[ In Reply To ..]
I would have expected someone who made so much money to be very thin and have personal trainers and such.

All I could think of though, was "Wow, must be nice to see the ocean, and get pictures/video done there in my matchy matchy outfits."

I get the digital camera with no zoom, and 9 cent prints from Walmart, if I got a typing job that day, if I edited, no pictures!

She gets props for being a dog lover - Baby is cute

[ In Reply To ..]
Wonder if he had an ear infection, kept tugging at his ears. What was the point to the video, though? Seemed kind of silly. Oh, and we have the same size thighs. *Snort*

Kind of shallow don't ya think. She just had a baby - for goodness sake. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

so what, months before - and still heavy

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess when you have no food to eat, those that eat heavily really stand out!
Meow . . . - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
How about some milk? And you are perfect?
I thought maybe she's preggers with a 2nd one... - Meerkat -n/m-
[ In Reply To ..]

shallow - schmallow

[ In Reply To ..]
nInn

The hubs must make a LOT of money - or have a great sense of humor

[ In Reply To ..]
Cute baby though.

I'm betting that he makes a lot of money - I dont think a great sense

[ In Reply To ..]
of humor would do it for Princess A.

OMG... this is too funny - and nauseating!

[ In Reply To ..]
I expected her to pull it out and start nursing! Now I am more convinced than ever AMIE is a droid! LOL!
Hysterical! - I thought that myself nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I didn't quite make 30 seconds - grits

[ In Reply To ..]
...just long enough to see the dog. I need my lunch to stay put :P

Disbelief, then again maybe not - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's one for you all.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I get that you don't like your company and the people in charge, but frankly, you all are being mean and nasty. What you put out in the world comes back to you. Maybe that's why so many of you have issues.

oh crud, you are right - thats why my MIL treats me so bad

[ In Reply To ..]
I was being pretty nasty!

Sorry!

What a lovely little family! Beautiful landscape, I can almost feel the sea breeze! LOVE IT!

The above applies to all, not just grits - anon nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I didn't take it personally. - grits
[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, in general, I agree with you, but I'm not above a little nastiness every now and again. It keeps things in balance.

Others' mileage, as always, may vary.
Im making her house payment - I can be a little nasty
[ In Reply To ..]
meanwhile, I am losing my house. Go Amy!

Hope your right. Because you do not treat - your employees like crap.

[ In Reply To ..]
How THIS company treats their employees will hopefully come back to them. I hope there is such a thing as Karma and it goes right back to the higher ups who own those million dollar homes while their employees can barely put food on the table.

Sorry, but whoever posted this video was wrong and it has done nothing but stir up disappointment and depression for some of the employees.

Amen. I cannot believe really what small people you all are. - I am not a fan of

[ In Reply To ..]
Amy's position in the company, but she is a person afterall. What makes you all so superior that you can be so mean and nasty.
I know I am not superior, video digusts me. - Should not have been posted.
[ In Reply To ..]
Sure, she is a person and SO AM I! I am trying to put food on the table and feed my kids. I work hard for what I do and yet I get grandfathered in and lose my pay in this company while this PERSON who is supposed to represent MT's does, well, NOTHING to represent us. I didn't think she even still worked for the company. EVERYTHING about this company is nasty. I guess what goes around comes around. Nasty top level employees; nasty sweatshop busy bee workers.
RIght! Where is my PRIMARY AMY??? - You said we would get those back!
[ In Reply To ..]
I could give myself a raise if I didnt have to jump around from account to account. They should all have to jump from office to office as much as I have to jump each day!!!

Oh my goodness, so sorry to have disturbed you by posting it. - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Me, I google the people I work for to find out what I can about those that I'm putting money into the pockets of by my efforts. I've made some job application decisions based on what I've found out about the political donations, e.g., of the higher-ups in companies I've been interested in too. Knowledge is power.
It is okay. Gotta learn - to suck it up.
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually Googled and found out how much their homes were worth. Never did see this video though. It sure does make my blood boil though.
Sounds like you twist the truth to serve .... - none
[ In Reply To ..]
only yourself. I agree, it should not have been posted. Knowledge is power...jeeze, it is also an excuse, apparently.

Feel sorry for the family. Google search, house worth 1M. - Vomit!

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember when she first came aboard and she was pregnant when we had a meeting on line and she stated how she travels all the time and plays tennis and hopes this kid does not bother their travel plans! Really???

I am trying to put food on the table and cannot even own a pet because of the cost of food for the dog let alone for myself and kids.

If you Google her name, you will find out her address and her house is around 1 million. Good for her....very sad for the hard working sweat job employees who struggle to make ends meet.

A professional corporate promotional video of a baby. That's a first. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would assume this is a personal professional - video, not anything corporate. Shees. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

personal professional do not belong in the same sentence - its one or the other

[ In Reply To ..]
X
You are quite wrong. A professional video done - for personal reasons is quite accurate. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
That video was not done for personal reasons - did you watch it?
[ In Reply To ..]
If it were personal, it wouldnt be so cold.
If this was personal, no one else would have access to it. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Hee, thanks. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
There's no one more awkward than me in front of a camera, so I don't have any room to talk in that regard, but there was just something about this whole thing with the semi-pro quality and the sappy music and all, and that's it ... it looks like a commercial for the "good life" rather than something you'd have made for your family to keep and watch. Ugh.

That is what it is! ALL FOR SHOW!!! - ME, ME, ME

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right! It was not for family. It is all for show. Trying to keep up with the corporate world.

So very sad.
It is called being - Prideful.
[ In Reply To ..]
Thought for the day.
You know what they say - "Pride goeth before a - FALL"!
[ In Reply To ..]
These corporate-types probably don't have a clue how to do a personal family video. So they make a corporate one instead. Bleah.

That is it. Done with this board. Makes my - blood boil.

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought Miss Princess was hired to help lowlife MT's and and was to give us back primary accounts, etc. Does she even work for this company?? She must get one heck of a paycheck though for her to have this video done.

I watched probably 20 seconds of this video and it just made my blood boil. I am wondering what to feed my kids next week while the Princess who by the way is to represent us, is making videos???

I am so done with this company. Done! Hope she sleeps well at night knowing her fellow MT's are hard working and trying to make ends meet so we do not live out on the streets.

Respect - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. Can't think another word to cover it. What I am "hearing" in all your posts is jealousy. You are jealous you don't have her job, her house, her ability to travel, etc. So you didn't follow the same path as she did, not many of us ever will.

As for you complaining you can't feed your kids or pay your bills on what you are paid...it is very simple. Leave and find another job that pays what you feel you deserve.

I don't think anyone is forcing you to work there. I find it amazing how many people complain about no work, no pay and continue to stay! Really? Find another job! If being an MT isn't cutting it, do something else.

I dont think I am jealous at all - just down right pissed off

[ In Reply To ..]
I went from making 38,000 a year to 12,000! Im not jealous of the video, I used to be able to do videos.

I am super pissed that a person who was hired to HELP MTs, who wont even listen to anything but positives, has not been heard from in 9 months and has done NOTHING but LIE about what is going on here. ANGRY, yes! Jealous of that? HELL NO!

AMEN! AMEN! - I am angry too!

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes me sick!!!

Reason Hired - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You might have been told that is why she was hired, but she is the COO. They are not hired to be your friend. They are hired to help make the company more efficient and to make the company more money.

If you really think she was hired to be the MTs savior, well, then, I don't know what to tell you.
That is it! Because of these postings - I am quitting.
[ In Reply To ..]
I LOVE my other job. I do not even want to get on and work this for this company. No respect here at all for the employees, yet I am to respect the video princess.
Really? - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You really believe everything that someone tells you that is management in a company? Seriously? You need to get out of the house more often.

You take anything you are told with a grain of salt and never believe anything until it happens. That is how it works in the corporate world.

And if you think you aren't in the corporate world because you work from home, think again.
Out of the house??? I am in college AGAIN and have - another job!
[ In Reply To ..]
Just have 1 more month with this company. You under estimate some of your MT's of what they are capable of really doing in the world.
Maybe you know so much about the Corporate World - because youre one of "them"?
[ In Reply To ..]
?
Quitting - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Let me see, you are quitting because of some posting of a video that was make several months ago, but you don't quit when you don't get work or enough money to take care of your bills?

Yeah, that makes sense.

I have another job which I LOVE! - Respect
[ In Reply To ..]
I am the one who posted below about working for a doctor.

I just need 1 more month of college and I then I am done with this company.

This company sure was great to work for while going to college though.

I do not envy Amy or her family anything, - and maybe she started
[ In Reply To ..]
out with the best intentions, but she did at first come across like she would use whatever influence she had to make the lives of us MTs somewhat better. Some of the messages we used to get from her (not a peep lately) did make her sound like somewhat of a phony, hence the disdain. I would have more respect for her if she had just said from the get go "I'm a millionaire suit and the rest of you working slobs can eat cake!
I like your post. - :) So true. No message
[ In Reply To ..]
P
you have that the wrong way - should read
[ In Reply To ..]
The millionaire suite ate too much cake, and I will make sure you working slobs have no money for food!

Kinda hard when you been at it for 25 years. - Dont ya think??

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you for the newbies. HEY NEWBIES!!! GET OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

What about the MTs ready to retire??

Sure...good luck finding another job who did nothing but gave their all for this company.

Changing fields - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So, you are telling me that instead of looking at other options, you'd rather just stay where you are continue to complain and continue to not make money?

Sorry, would not be my choice. If I wasn't making the money I thought I deserved, I would be gone, period, end of discussion. The company does not care what you gave up for their company. If you think they do, again, not sure what to tell you.

If you all are making as little as you say you are and you are staying there, shame on you.
I am quitting in 1 month. - Done with college soon.
[ In Reply To ..]
Feel sorry for the other MTs who have been at it for years and close to retirement.
Shame on us? - How dare you?
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't you realize if we all quit and left this company high and dry, who would pay your salary? Can our global counterparts pick up the slack when all US MTs are gone? How would this top heavy company continue to function without it's workerbees? We're just trying to get by until we find something better or retire. You have a problem with that? We come here to complain, sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Then leave - another poster
[ In Reply To ..]
Go ahead and quit... leave the company high and dry. So many of you want to see it fail anyway, so why pretend to be offended that someone made a sensible suggestion? I think you're just happy being miserable.

I agree. You need to respect your - employees!

[ In Reply To ..]
But we do not get respect as employees at this comany and SEE WHAT HAPPENS???

Perfect example, but then this company WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.

I work part time for a doctor who treats me and my fellow employees with such respect and gives Starbuck coffee, giftcards, raises, etc.

Because the doctor gives employees respect, it causes the employees to completely respect the boss/doctor/higher up in the office.

The employees will bend over backward for this doctor and do everything to make the doctor look good. By the way, this doctor has one of the highest Yelp and Google reviews in the state which will then in turn make patients want to see this doctor. By showing respect to employees, this puts more money in the doctor's practice and in turn it is a win, win situtation for the doctor, employees and patients involved. IT IS CALLED "RESPECT".

What comes around, goes around. Yes, it is all about respect and that includes the EMPLOYEES!

AND BY THE WAY...... WE ALL LOVE OUR JOBS WORKING FOR THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!! Cannot say I love THIS company. :)

Stated perfectly... and you dont have to be a corporate nimwit - to figure that out

[ In Reply To ..]
or a corporate butt kisser (ANON).
Thank you for posting! Sure wish - corporate knew about respect.
[ In Reply To ..]
But too greedy to understand.
CBKer - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
LOL!! Sorry not a CBKer here. I work for a very large corporation myself in a peon position.

I just know how the big boys roll and plan myself accordingly. I don't assume they are out there looking out for my best interests. I look out for myself.

I then feel sorry for you having to work - in a corporate world.
[ In Reply To ..]
I love my new job. I loathe corporate jobs; always worring about losing your job and trying to be the best in your group. Wake up every morning wondering how the stocks are doing. Hoping you still are making the money to support the lease on the vehicle and the new expensive pad your living in. It can suck after awhile when you find out it really does not make you happy in the long run. It is only a quick happy fix because after awhile you just want more and more. More money you make the more in debt you get.
I reposted more above this post. - which makes me feel
[ In Reply To ..]
thankful where I am at today. I am very happy with myself and my accomplishments and love life and never want to take anything for granted.

Hey- you had a lot of dislikes because.... - changeme

[ In Reply To ..]
the pack of dogs doesn't like to hear the truth. I totally agree with you.

13 dislikes? I am losing faith in the people... - bebe

[ In Reply To ..]
who post here. This post, Respect, got none in return and what was stated could not be any more TRUE. Do really that many people dislike or, is it that they hit the dislike button on multiple computers.

people here just want to hate - dont take it personally

[ In Reply To ..]
no one wants to hear anything that doesn't equal hate toward MM and its executives.

that's a beautiful baby - not fair

[ In Reply To ..]
some people get all the good stuff and most of us just get the crap.

At least you know you try and work hard. - And you can sleep at night

[ In Reply To ..]
knowing how hard you try working at this company.

Won't be for long. It'll probably grow up to be - JUST LIKE HER. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Respect - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why should corporate respect any of you when you obviously don't respect yourselves?

MT is NOT a career. It is a JOB. Something to fill the time and pay the bills. If you think differently, you are deluding yourself.

It was not that way 20 years ago! YOU MTSO - screwed us up!

[ In Reply To ..]
Corporate would never know what RESPECT means. They are too greedy to know. What the heck do you mean we do not respect ourselves? IF WE DIDN'T, THEN WE WOULD NOT BE MAD OR BE POSTING!

Respect - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
People who respect themselves DO something about the situation they're in. They get out! They don't sit around wringing their hands, or complain about how mad they are. People with self-respect DO SOMETHING to CHANGE their situation.

Posting here is not doing something, either. It's fishing for pity and attention.
So what? You've appointed - yourself our savior?
[ In Reply To ..]
You know, I do not fundamentally disagree with a lot of what you post, but geez, do you have to keep ramming it down our throats? Don't you think we have gotten the message by now? Yes we have only ourselves to blame for the situation we are in. Each one of us has to have the strength to look in the mirror and confront that fact. You come on here and continually lecture us like we are a bunch of 10-year-old kids who can't run our own lives, like you are so perfect and have all the answers, and you are never scared, and life is just peaches and cream for you, with no compassion for those you are lecturing to. Why do you feel the need to keep criticizing us? If you don't like the tone of this board, how miserable and unhappy we are, then why do you spend so much time here? Wouldn't your time be better served by bettering your own life, or is your life so perfect you feel you have to come here and criticize those of us who are not so perfect? Me and a few others have tried to explain that because we are unhappy, we are taking action to get out, but action, education, job seeking, takes time. Can't just snap your fingers and a new job appears, but maybe that's how it works in your world. Must be nice to be perfect.
Respect - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am my own savior.

As far as coming on here repeatedly and "lecturing you," feel free to submit links to all those posts I supposedly wrote. I'd love to see them.

I won't be back. I do have better things to do with my time, and better people to talk to. Rest assured though, someone will take my place. I'm not the only one who thinks you all act like whiny, jealous victims.

Re: Your post - Fair Play

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you not aware that posting personal names is a violation of the TOS? Not a mod, but I find this offensive.

report it - it is a pretty nasty thread nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's public record, nothing confidential about it. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not private or privileged in any way. If what you were saying was true, then the mod/s would have to go through and strike every mention of "Amy" on this board since the first mention, as well as any and all other corporate officers who have been named and posted about. How about Kitty Lady's post up above? No criticism of that one?

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&newwindow=1&sclient=psy-ab&q=medquist+OR+m*modal+amy&oq=medquist+OR+m*modal+amy&gs_l=hp.3...6618.10695.2.11033.11.11.0.0.0.3.219.1391.0j10j1.11.0...0.0...1c.1.7.hp.hrr7nYE5Row&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44158598,d.b2I&fp=897ba9997041d6f1&biw=1024&bih=655

How crude most of you are - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This video is a beautiful video of the love of a family for their new little boy. It was very touching to me. To those of you who said Amy is heavy look in the mirror before you throw stones. I think this video shows Amy's heart. Amy is a good person and all the knocking of her on this website is just plain horrible. You all just need to get a life. So she is successful...and has a successful life. If you want one get off your butt and find one and stop your stupid jealousy. I am ashamed to say that I even work with some of you.

You know, claws come out because of - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
jealousy and envy. Let's see pictures of your svelte selves and your handsome husbands, I'm sure we could pick you both apart and find some of your faults!

It is not about jealousy and envy, but about - Respect to your employees.

[ In Reply To ..]
My gosh! GET A CLUE!! Read the post above about the MT working for a doctor's office. That is what respect means to your boss. You treat your employees like crap....YOU GET CRAP BACK!
Sure, so let's make fun of how she looks? - I dont get it
[ In Reply To ..]
I just don't see the connection. We are angry because Amy makes a ton of money as a COO and we get paid minimum wage, so let's make fun of her looks, her weight, her husband, her clothes and her defenseless baby?

Amy is a good person? - you know her?

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know her personally? We MTs here on this board certainly do not. The only thing we know is being disrespected, lied to, ie, the fact that she keeps talking about communication and yet fails to address any of our concerns at these townhall meetings. I agree with you that the remarks about her weight are crude and cross the line, but we do not know her or what kind of a person she is. We can only judge what we see and how little respect she shows us, maybe that is where the vitriol is coming from. Respect and communication are both 2-way streets, earned not entitled.

I don't know what world you live in, - but in my world,

[ In Reply To ..]
poor people have been taking pot shots at rich people since poor people and rich people existed. Amy had this video professionally produced and put it out there for all to see as a commercial for herself and her family (on Vimeo no less, where I have only seen music videos and movie trailers), so it is fair game.

It's doubtful that Amy and hubby are crying into their buckets of money because a few meanies made fun of them on a message board hardly anyone reads anyway. Yes, the baby is adorable. The matching outfits, OI VEY! what where they thinking!!???

I am ashamed how this company treats their - employees! No raises, take our money.

[ In Reply To ..]
Greedy corporate players.

Similar Messages:

SoftScript Current Employee Info About Company
Feb 23, 2014

Have read lots of negatives. My basic question is about whether there is enough work available and what the benefits are like especially health insurance. Am just really looking for some accurate current info. Thanks. ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Amphion - Current Employee Comments Appreciated
Jul 29, 2014

I was just at the AHDI Conference and talked to Amphion..I know they only pay for black characters on a page, no spaces or headers or footers...looking for comments from Current Amphion employees...how do you like the company and can you make any $$ there? ...

Current Employee Impressions Of Silent Type And/or Nuance
Jun 06, 2011

I would like feedback from Current employee impressions of Silent Type and/or Nuance  looking for change but chickenforchange ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

IC Or Employee?
Jan 18, 2011

Looks like the law is as gray as I've always thought. ...

IC Vs. Employee
Sep 01, 2011

I have only had one long-term position as an employee for an MT company. Left to get some work out in the "real world" but am in a position to return to an at-home job. Can someone explain the differences between an IC and an employee? What can I expect from applying for those jobs, and how does it affect your taxes, etc.? Thanks in advance!  ...

New Employee
Sep 15, 2011

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever post anything friendly, kind, useful, thankful, etc. regarding MedQuist? Iâm a new employee and due to a recent acquisition would be out of a job without their support. Before accepting the offer I researched the company quite a bitâ¦M*Model merger, DocQscribe, stock prices and company growth to name a few. All this enables me to say that Iâm employed by the #1 transcription company in the country and dang proud of itï ...

Possible That I May Be A MQ Employee Soon
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everyone,  It seems the hospital I am employed by may be outsourcing completely to mq. Rumor has it, if this happens then the 20 or so MTs will be going to MQ or not have a job. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at if that happens, trying to figure out if I should be looking for employment elsewhere.  here are my main questions:  1.  Is there a starting pay or is everyone paid differently? 2.  Is there a schedule or is it flexible? 3.  What kind of benefi ...

New Employee Help
Sep 10, 2012

Has anyone out there accepted a job but then not been able to work because of technical issues?  I accepted a FT transcription position, did the necessary paper work and went through the remote set up on my PC.  I trained on the platform for 2 hours and spent another hour or so beginning to learn the account specs and editing a few voice files, all of that went well. The next time I tried to sign in, I could sign in to the VPN but not Ex Editor, it says to contact the system administra ...

As A FT Employee, Do I Have To
Sep 19, 2012

take lunch?  If you say yes, please provide some sort of link/proof. ...

Which Is Better, Employee Or IC?
Dec 16, 2014

I am a part time employee of an MTSO. In California the min wage is $9/hr, which means at 0.85/line for editing my LPH must add up to $9, while MTs in other states may only have to make $7.50 or so to remain employed. My Team Leader said that is somewhat unfortunate for me; as a 1 year out-of-school newbie I'm not as fast as other MTs.  A few years ago I was an IC and I recall they did have a minimum line count per day but I don't recall having to produce more than ...

Statutory Employee ?
Feb 11, 2010

Just exactly what does statutory employee status mean?  I was recently changed from independent contractor to this?  Never was that before, I don't quite understand it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance. ...

Medquist Employee
Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone else work for Medquist? I have been working for them for 8 years now and am getting really fed up with their unrealistic policies!! I swear 85% of the executives for that company have never even transcribed one report including my own supervisor. They want to you to maintain 98% accuracy while following every single clients nit-picky policies and then having to translate about 85% of the transcription received from foreign doctors....while maintaining a 150 line per hour production b ...

Sounds Like They Want An Employee, Not An IC
Jun 30, 2010

"Surgical Notes a national provider of transcription services for ambulatory surgery centers has an immediate part time opening for a qualified QA/Proofer.  The independent contractor position will be from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST Monday through Friday. The pay is $17.00 per hour." It's not a bad offer, but considering taxes and insurance.... it's probably closer to 12 bucks an hour, not to mention the hours/days set. ...

Statuatory Employee
Apr 27, 2010

Curious to know if anyone on this board is a statuatory employee with the company they are working for and outside of the company paying your SS tax and FWT, do you get any type of benefit, i.e., PTO, health, etc. Is it strictly just for tax purposes? Would you get a W2? Do you have to adhere to a schedule? I was a "stat" employee many years ago, when I first started and don't remember if it was just for the tax thing or if I got any benefit/s also. Thanks for any info. ...

If The Going Rate For An MT Employee Is (sm)
Sep 09, 2010

8 to 8.5 cpl why in the world are MTSOs only offering 7 to 8.5 cpl for IC status?  Don't they know the cpl is supposed to be higher for IC?  ...

Employee Or IC - The Facts From The Gov't
Jun 22, 2011

Many employers try to save money on taxes and escape liability under employment laws by getting employees to sign Independent Contractor Agreements. There are some advantages to being an independent contractor, but most people labeled as contractors are really employees. Here are the top 11 things you need to know before (or even after) you sign an Independent Contractor Agreement:   1. Intellectual property. If you are creating art, written work, computer programs or other creative w ...

Employee Health
Dec 02, 2010

I am assuming that the phrase "Employee Health" would be capitalized if the doctor says, " The patient is to return to Employee Health in 1 month, sooner if needed." Should it be capitalized? ...

Do We Have Any Employee Rights?
Jan 18, 2011

Can someone please advise on this scenario? You are hired with a company to do specific jobs.  For 9 months you work as hard as you can for this company, and then you are told you will need to do EVERY work type, even those you have absolutely NO experience doing.  You are told 20 minutes before your shift that this is the case, and now all you are getting is not only work types you are not familiar with, but ESL doctors on top of that.  Production PLUMMETS. Just deal with it?&n ...

Employee Status
Mar 29, 2011

I would like some info regarding what companies provide employee status and what are the terms?  how many lines are expected per day or per pay period.  Any info would be appreciated - thanks!   ...

IC Versus Employee
May 14, 2011

This post is not what you probably thought it was going to be.  I am not going to list the pros and cons of being an IC or am employee. It appears that MTSOs are "fudging" on these two classifications of workers to get the advantages. For example, as an IC you make your own hours.  There is no schedule; that is the nature of being an IC.  Yet these MTSOs want you to work a set schedule.  Another example:  You are hired as an employee.   Because you're an employee, you shoul ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

From A Grandfathered Employee Of MQ
Jul 12, 2011

You have successfully cut my pay over a dollar and a quarter.  ALL YOU BOARD OF DIRECTORS have NOT cut your pay, but in fact have gone up in pay with bonuses totaling over over a 1 million and a half in pay.  HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY AND HAVE A SOUND SLEEP DURING THE NIGHTS FOR DOING THIS!!! For this company, in years past, I have been called at all hours in the morning, 03:00 hours to type up YOUR STAT reports.  Never called in sick and loved working for The MRC Group.  Then you ...

IC Versus Employee?
Aug 02, 2011

Would anyone care to share their preference as to IC versus employee? I am curious as to which is best and thinking of switching to employee status.  ...