A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Former Nuance employee bullied by phone - Gone and glad

Posted: Apr 10, 2015

Really feeling upset – a Nuance recruiter just called me, trying to get me to work there again (I left 2 years ago). She first tried to seduce me with a 2k sign on bonus, refused to email me anything in writing regarding their current line bonuses and rate of pay.  I told her I might contact some former coworkers and ask them if things have truly improved or this was just the usual bait and switch.  She then ended with threats that they won’t stop until they have caused every single hospital to lay off all their MTs, so I should just give up my current job as an in-house editor and come work for them since they are dedicated to destroyng my current livelihood.. I told her they have already sold Powerscribe to my hospital and with the garbage it turns out, there will ALWAYS be a need for editors.  I am outraged to have this experience today and wanted to warn other former Nuance employees they might be getting a similar phone call.

That recruiter should be fired.... - No ifs, ands or buts. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

This is more proof of fostering an environment of hatred among workers. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]

I guess there is just no depth to the depravity this company will travel to achieve their ultimate goals of greed and hatred.

http://forum.mtstars.com/595983.html

Callbacks - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have gotten the dreaded callback too. Can't understand why they're making these numerous calls without offering anything of value to make us want to come back. The unattainable sign-on bonus is a joke. They have continually proven they have no concept on how to treat their current employees. They simply bury their heads and turn a blind eye to the misery and economic uncertainty displayed on these and other boards. They should know that those of us who were fortunate enough to get out are certainly smart enough to not get sucked back in. Maybe they'll have better luck with some desperate, uninformed new grads.

I would suggest getting a reporter involved in the story - Val

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in shock! They want to "destroy your livelihood" so you should work for them? That kind of crap has sparked revolutions and rolling heads! If you have followed any particular reporter about labor issues (I read the LA Times, and had corresponded briefly with a reporter about the unemployment computer mess), I would get in touch with that person. You know there was a reason why monopolies were made illegal. I'm not sure what the current legal definition of monopoly is but MM and N are basically monopolies and I would not be surprised if they give some cushy kickbacks to the CEO/presidents who fall for their snake oil sales. Thanks for letting us know.

Good idea. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Wow. Someone needs to lose her job. Would you be able to write or sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
to the person who runs human resources for Nuance on the transcription side? That shouldn't go without being reported.

BTW, just the fact she wouldn't put anything in writing is so typical and it's worse than it ever was here.

Initials of recruiter ? LOL they are probably paid - on a grid now too and desparate.

[ In Reply To ..]

recruiter - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I got 2 calls last week. I left after having my vacations cancelled 3 times in a row and causing me to not get to see my mother's remaining sister before she died, handling over 100 accounts on 4 computers, then finding out even though I had been moved to team lead, some QA people were making 4.00 more an hour than me with less experience. I also had team lead coworkers who literally slept on the job and set their clock to wake up to clock out, and then work overtime on another shift; finding out that people with less than 5 years of experience and had never done QA or even all work types were put in team lead positions. It wasn't just our positions either, managers were leaving like crazy. When she called the second time I told her flat out why I left and her response was "so you're not interested?" DUH. They still owe me retirement money too and waiting on that. Last I checked the stock exchange they were in the red as well...this with the upper crusts making millions per year then paying MTs pennies.

calls - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I "video" record (or just audio if I am fast enough to get the machine going) everything from the moment I see who is on my caller ID until hang up. When I answer, if they don't identify their name, I ask them, and then I ask them what the call is about. If they don't give me a name, I hang up!

Similar Messages:

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

I Am Not Going To Be Bullied
Feb 10, 2015

I'm a failure and need "counseling" because I got less than 99.5 on 2 audits.  Ludicrous! Gawd, I hate this place.  ...

Can Someone Give Me A Phone Number For Payroll There At Nuance
Feb 04, 2013

S/l Intracranial *bullied* Mass Lesion??? Thanx. Nm
Nov 15, 2011

nm ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

Former Nuance Employee As Well
Aug 12, 2013

I left Nuance over a year ago (was actually termiated), due to the fact that I had  physical disabily that no matter how hard I tried, I could not achieve their required LPH requirements for VR  -- this was even after talking to several higher ups and explaining to them the diffculty I had with using the keyboard to be able to try to work on VR -- they didn't care.  Since then, I have woked for other companies that do both VR and straight and not one of them has had the line ...

Former Nuance Employee - W2
Jan 21, 2014

I do not work for Nuance anymore. Anyone know if they mail the W2 or is it paperless? ...

Nuance Employee Handbook?
Jan 13, 2012

Has anyone every received an employee handbook for Nuance?  I am specifically looking for info regarding accumulating PTO, how it is accrued and how much can be carried over.  As far as I can remember, I have never received any handbook.  Thanks! ...

Transition To Nuance Employee
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

Nuance Employee Handbook And Webclock Question
Aug 20, 2013

Seems like I was told there is such a thing, but where can it be found?  How do you put in time for taking a day off with pay on Webclock?  I can't find instructions or a category for this on the Webclock page. ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Current Employee Impressions Of Silent Type And/or Nuance
Jun 06, 2011

I would like feedback from Current employee impressions of Silent Type and/or Nuance  looking for change but chickenforchange ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Nuance Uses The "at Will" Employee Status.
May 16, 2015

Has anyone ever been fired under the auspice of "at will" employement?  People come on the board talking about how they get warnings for not meeting their schedule or any of the other things employees get written up for.  I want to know if anyone has ever been fired for no reason at all, just because the company felt like letting them go under their "at will" priviledge.  ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Phone #
Jul 31, 2010

Did anyone get an e-mail from you CCM giving you a phone # to call when you run out of work? Has anybody tried this yet? ...

C Phone
Sep 09, 2010

I am a newbie and have noticed on some of the job postings that they require you to have a c phone. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is used for and if it is common to have to use one and why it seems most are not company supplied ? ...

C-phone Or Dvi Phone
Nov 06, 2010

What is a C-phone and DVI.  If I have high speed internet from cable company and also unlimited phone service from same cable service is that a way I can work with DVI or C-phone??   I appreciate any help!!!!  Thanks, Ava ...

Do You Like Your Phone?
Feb 11, 2011

I need a new phone to replace the Uniden that I had for just over 2 years (grrrr) before it died.  I need a base phone and 3 or 4 handsets.  If you have one like this and like it, can you let me know what kind it is?  ...

What Is A C-phone?
Apr 06, 2011

Not sure I know exactly what this is or what it entails.  Are they easy to obtain and use??  ...

C-phone Help Please
Aug 03, 2011

Anyone know how to adjust the backspace control for how much it rewinds after you lift the pedal? Right now, it goes back about a sentence at a time. I'd like to be able to adjust it to go back just a word or two. On older versions of the phone, there used to be a dial on the bottom of the phone for this, but the one I'm using now doesn't have this feature. ...

C-Phone ?
May 10, 2012

Hi everyone. I need to ask a question, which I realize is dumb but here goes. I see that on the jobs listing part of the site there are a couple of companies who require a C-phone. Can someone tell me what this is ?? At first I thought it meant cell phone but realized that can't be right. Thanks everyone for your patience. I guess it is showing that I am an "old school" transcriptionist and do not know anything about newer technology (if this is new).   Take care all xo ...

Help With C-phone
Jul 18, 2014

Hi, This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not a technical person so need some advice. I need a landline to hook up a C-phone.  I am thinking my house phone is a landline, but hubby says no.  We have charter, and the phone line we have goes into a modem which goes into the computer, and he says what is needed is for it to be able to hook into like a wall jack (or some type of something like a box on the wall).  He did try to hook it up last night, and the ...

C Phone Codes
Oct 13, 2009

Anybody know the codes for C-phone to speed up, slow down, go to end of report, go to beginning etc. I know in MT Stars archives but cannot search to find. Thanks ...

C-Phone Beeping
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know by chance, if possible, how to turn off the "tone" when a button is pressed such as when signing off a report or any function?  ...

C-phone Codes?
Jun 11, 2010

I am working for someone who cannot tell me the codes on her system for speeding up and slowing down the doctor.  She has all the other codes.  I have tried every combination I can think of using the *.  Any combination I try using the # just gives me the job heading.  Any suggestions? Thank you! ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...