A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance Transcription Services is a legitimate company? - typist_123

Posted: Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company?

NTS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes! One if the biggest.

nuance/webmedx - ex-webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
They just gobbled up Webmedx.

NTS is a legitimate company - Nuance MQS

[ In Reply To ..]
It is the company that also purchased Focus Infomatics, OSI, Encompass and just announced that is has purchased Webmedx. I currently work for Nuance, so this is from the "horse's mouth" so to speak.

Can you enlighten us Webbers about PTO, benefits, Holidays,ETC? - We are in the dark

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.

Holidays... - hmmm...

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless they've changed something in the last few months, you don't get paid holidays (that is, pay for not working on 4th of July, Christmas, etc.). You just get paid more if you work them.
How much is the insurance? for 2 adults no kids - Still in the dark
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
If no paid holidays, that's another pay cut suffered. nt - xxx
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Just hired, but I was told... - New to Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was offered a position yesterday, I was told that you start earning PTO on day #1 but couldn't be used until after 90 days. I believe it was 40 hours for the 1st year, 80 hours for the 2nd, 96 for the 3rd, and 112 for the 5th year. I'm looking at my notes but was writing as she was talking so may be a little off. You need to request at least 2 weeks in advance but up to supervisor I guess whether you are granted that time off. You can carry over 40 hours per year/losing anything more than 40 hours. I BELIEVE she said it was an average of your line counts...she told me but can't find it in my notes now.

After 90 days of employment, they offer medical with 75% of it paid by Nuance for employee only (but I did not get the cost for employee/family during the interview), dental, long-term disability, PTO of course, and 401K plan with 50% matched by employer up to 4% of your salary. Open enrollment for 401K is every 3 months.

Full-time is 35 hours per week, transcribing 220 lines per hour (110 lines per hour for part-time) and you have 60 days to reach line count.

Incentive plan kicks in after you reach your 220 lines per hour. I believe they calculate this quarterly, and you receive 10% of your total pay IF you have 98% quality scores with less than 15% of your work going to QA. From what I've read, this is not working for a lot of people...will have to see for myself though, of course. I believe (from what I've read) that the checks are issued separately as bonuses so taxed at the higher "bonus" rate instead of regular pay.

Pay is 8 cents/full transcription and 4 cents/editing. Differential is 1 cents for full transcription and 1/2 cent for editing if working between the hours of 10 pm to 6 am.

Holiday pay is +25% IF YOU WORK the holiday but nothing if you don't work.

I hope this helped.
I started there 3 weeks ago and was told 99% QA - anotherMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Even though I have been an MT for 25 plus years that 99% minimum kind of scares me... cuz if you don't make it for the quarter you do not get the incentive bonus.

I didn't know there was a higher tax rate for the bonus either. When I was hired they sent lots of attachments to save and study and then about 8 hours of paid training webinars. Seemed very overwhelming at the time but now that I am there and working it is much smoother. My line count is suffering because of looking at account specifics and other look-ups for MDs and such. I am also part-time (my choice) and did not even know what the line count requirements were. They seem quite low compared to my other part-time job where I exceed the VR by over 300 and straight is about 200 lph. Good luck and thanks for summarizing the info.
99%...hmmm - New to Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I could've sworn she said 98%, and that's what I see in my notes, but maybe she said "above" 99% or something along those lines. I will see soon. If 99%, that is very scary. I pretty much don't bank on those incentives anyway. They always seem to find a way to NOT give it to you so if I get it...I just look at it like a gift I wasn't expecting. I would never count on that to pay my bills. The line counts do seem pretty easy to reach...220 VR and 110 per hour for straight typing. I was a little confused on that earlier. Anyway, good luck to you and hope it works out for you.
98% quarterly - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I was told it was 98% quarterly to get the incentive pay at the end of the quarter and that is because if one of the months was less than 99% then maybe the other 2 months would get it up to at least 98%. The company goal or whatever is to achieve 99%

Yep...I work there - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a legitimate company.

Similar Messages:

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Transcription America - Legitimate Company
Sep 10, 2010

I had applied to transcriptionamerica.com. I received an email back from a Nancy Lawson, National recruiter asking me to transcribe a sample file. I did this and when I tried to email it back to the address that she sent it from, I keep getting a failed delivery notice saying that the person's inbox is full. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? And if so, do you know any other way that I can get in touch with them to email this sample back to them? Thank you so much! ...

Saince Transcription Services- Does Anyone Have Any Information On This Company
Feb 20, 2010

I cannot find anything in the archives or otherwise about this company. Does anyone have any information on them? ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Anyone Knows About Them
Jul 23, 2012

has anyone heard of Nuance?  They supposedly have added Transcend Services to their company.  I saw an ad where they are hiring, and just wondered if anyone knows about them.  Been with my company now for several years, but keep running out of work, and so I'm looking elsewhere.  thanks ! ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Frustrated With This Place
Mar 29, 2011

I need to know if it is just me.  I am so frustrated with this place.  I thought I would enjoy getting paid by the line instead of hourly, but they just seem to do what they can to slow us down.  They are constantly changing the account's specifics so you have to stop and read a paragraph before you can type EACH report.  Also, constantly changing your account.....today you are on _____, then tomorrow without warning you are on _____.  Also, it seems like every QC has a different way o ...

Scams & Legitimate Company?
Feb 10, 2014

It is really sad that this business has gotten to the point where we have to question every company who posts and ad out here.  I remember when we could trust about anything put on this board in the job seekers board, now I am afraid to even apply to any of them because there are so many different names out there, this recruiter hiring for this company, another company hiring under a different name and then those who are just outright scams.  How do you know who to trust anymore when it comes ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

Nuance, Legitimate Bonus Plan??? Please Read.
Jan 03, 2012

My opinion,  having been in the industry for over 30 years and after reading a few posts on this subject below. For years a good deal of MTSO's including Webmedx had in place bonus or incentive plans based on production ONLY. Such a plan most likely helped Webmedx win "employer of the year" for years. Employees would go the extra mile even working through breaks to achieve higher line counts while at the same time the newer employees could look forward to gaining more experience and e ...

Nuance Transcription Company Info?
Jun 07, 2011

Our facility recently contracted with Nuance and all MT's were "offered" a position with Nuance. What should we expect? Has anyone worked for or currently working for this company? ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

LS Services- Anyone Have Information On This Company?
May 12, 2010

This company has been hiring fairly frequently so I wondered what the deal was with them. Good to work for, pay, etc. Thanks ...

Iridium Services - Anyone Work For This Company?
Feb 25, 2010

Does anyone work for this company?  Could you tell me about your experience?  TIA     ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

BOS VA (Bureau Of Office Services); Has Anyone Heard From This Company, Or Can Current
Oct 08, 2010

n/m ...

Medical Data Services? Company Or A Small Owner?
Dec 03, 2010

7 cents a line for independent contracting and for radiology?  What is going on with this business?  The hospitals at least treated us with hourly wages and health benefits.  Now what gives?  For years we fought in-house over knowing that you cannot treat radiology the same and line count it the same either, yet you work just as hard.  Now, 7 cents without taking out taxes?  Every hospital I know has no transcription radiology department any more anyway, so may ...

Nuance/Transcend Services
Mar 12, 2013

Please excuse if this is a duplicate message. I would like to find out from the MTs out there what their thoughts, suggestions, etc., are about Nuane/Transcend Services. I have recently learned that the current hospital I am doing transcription for is going to be outsourcing to this company. I would appreciate thoughts, concerns...no venting please. ...

Stay Away From Transcend Services, Now Nuance
Oct 01, 2012

I formally worked for Transcend Services and would advise people not to work for this organization.  They are now switching over to Nuance, but stay away from them.  They are extremely critical of everything you do.  This is supposedly because they think they have such high standards, but they just enjoy being mean and critical to transcriptionists, who pay everyone's salaries.  They terrorized the transcriptionists with their QA reviews, so much so that many transcripti ...

RC Transcription Services
Mar 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company?  I tried to do a search but was unable to find any posts about the company.  All comments are welcome. ...

Q.E.D. Transcription Services
Sep 11, 2010

I am considering applying with Q.E.D. Transcription.  They seem to be a stable company to work for from what I've read.  Does anyone have any experience with them or input?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks. ...

JLG Transcription Services
Sep 24, 2010

Anybody ever worked for JLG Medical Transcription Company?      ...

One Transcription Services
Feb 23, 2014

Has anyone worked for or currently works for One Transcription Services out of Omaha?  They seem like very nice people to work for, and they seem to have quite a bit of work.  I cannot find anything in the archives about them.  If anyone can provide any feedback on OTS, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!     ...

Allegiant Transcription Services?
Dec 01, 2009

I just sent my resume to them.  I can't find any recent info on them.  Do they pay on time, steady accounts, etc.?  Any info appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Allegiant Transcription Services
Jan 02, 2010

Any info on IC position with this company would be appreciated, good, bad, or indifferent please. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of WBG Transcription Services?
Jan 16, 2010

Any information you could give me would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Professional Transcription Services
Mar 31, 2010

Any info on this company?  TIA! ...

InHealth Transcription Services
Jun 09, 2010

Any new information on this company?  All I have found is old and would like to know more about it.  Pay, insurance, platform used, etc.  Any info is greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Southern Transcription Services?
Nov 03, 2011

Has anyone worked for Southern Transcription Services, Inc. in Georgia? If so, what was your experience like? What is their line rate?   Thanks. ...

Breitner Transcription Services
Jun 02, 2012

I'm a CMT w/ 16 years' experience in acute care. I just applied for PT w/ Breitner. After doing their little test, answering their employment history questions, and pasting my resume, I got this automated response - Unfortunately, your experience does not meet our minimum requirement. We do have a continuous need for experienced medical transcriptionists. We strongly encourage all interested applicants to pursue additional formal training and/or experience to increase their skills ...

DTS (digital Transcription Services) Does Anybody Know Anything
Jul 25, 2012

Does anybody know anything about DTS? I have seen their posting on the job board here for transcriptionists with cardiology experience. I see that they offer benefits, vacation, 401K, etc. I am just wondering what the pay scale is like and how the workload is. ...