A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Buying out a company computer? - sm

Posted: Dec 04, 2014

I currently have a company-provided computer that I work from (Webmedx). I think I remember somewhere a long time ago that I can have the option of buying the computer if I leave the company. Does anyone know any info on this? If I quit Nuance, can I buy this computer from them? I don't have another one. TIA!

I paid a security deposit for mine - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
a total of $500 which was taken out of my first 3 paychecks with Webmedx. I won't turn my old Wedmedx computer in until I get my deposit back.

Computer - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
Another Anon - I too have a Webmedx computer and I forgot all about the deposit I also paid. Thanks for the reminder!

No problem : ) nm - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got A New Computer And Old Medical Dictionary Is Not Compatible So I Am Buying A
Apr 21, 2010

nm ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Company Computer
Jun 03, 2014

I currently have a company-issued computer and when hired I think I signed the boiler plate agreement not to add any programs.  I really want to load my Instant Text so I do not have to rebuild everything.  I am not tech saavy so was wondering if the company can tell if I actually put anything on the computer?  I know they can go into my computer if I use a program that allows them to get into my machine and make adjustments but not sure if they can monitor it in any other way?  Thanks for a ...

Returning Company Computer
Sep 04, 2013

Has anybody involved in the terminations from last month received pickup labels or boxes to return company computer yet? ...

Keeping Company Computer?
Jan 15, 2014

I gave notice last week. I hate everything about this company EXCEPT I love their computer and monitor. Does anyone know if keeping it rather than returning it is an option?...and if so, if they ask a ridiculous amount of $$ to do so? ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

BOS 3 Worth Buying?
Nov 15, 2010

Is it worth purchasing the BOS 3 before I start testing?  I have looked online to see what others have said, and it seems like most have said they wouldn't spend the money because it's not that different from the 2nd version.  One person said they read the book and saw only 2 changes from the previous edition.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm worried that I'm going to need the newer version to pass the test.  Just wanted to see what others have don ...

MQ Buying More Companies.
Oct 03, 2011

Nuance bought WMX, MQ just bought E Trans and I think AllType recently.  Is it going to boil down to a dual between those 2 companies or does Transcend still enter into the equation? Scared to go to any other smaller company, you know they are all targeted to be bought by one of the above.  ...

Why MQ And Nuance Are Buying Everyone Out
Nov 22, 2011

so let's open our eyes.  MQ and Nuance are now the 2 biggest companies, and very known fact that they are offshoring everything they can.  I don't have firsthand information, this is just my theory.  they contact hospitals/clinics that they don't have contracts with and underbid them, probably to a point the hospital administrators are doing cartwheels.  As soon as they acquire the majority of the accounts that the smaller companies are now contracted with, suc ...

Saw The Post About If Nuance Is Buying
May 27, 2012

where MM is paying Nuance for something.  MM is using Nuance's Escription and my friend was told they have no plans to not use it.  Someone on company board was adamant that MM and Nuance have no interest in each other but these kind of rumors are getting more and more frequent.  ...

Worth Buying Text Expander?
Jan 08, 2011

I have been working on trying to increase my speed with expanders.  So far I've been using Microsoft word to enter expanders but I'm wondering if that is enough.  I would like to have an expander for blocks of text.  Have any you purchased a text expander program and is it worth it?  I'm shocked at the price of a few of these programs and hesitate to purchase one. ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...