A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ buying more companies. - sm

Posted: Oct 03, 2011

Nuance bought WMX, MQ just bought E Trans and I think AllType recently.  Is it going to boil down to a dual between those 2 companies or does Transcend still enter into the equation?

Scared to go to any other smaller company, you know they are all targeted to be bought by one of the above. 

MQ buying more companies BUT - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
There are still some smaller companies out there that hate the Q and will not sell out. I work for one. And no, I will not name it here, as my boss has asked me not to.

My two cents, for what it's worth. sm - Long-Time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that there are still several companies out there that will not be willing to be eaten up by the Q. Transcend is very large. FutureNet, Keystrokes, Accusis, Diskriter, Precyse and MD-IT are all pretty large, over $20 million in revenues each from what I heard at ACE this year and all of them have been acquiring companies from what I read on here. There are still mid-size companies around too, such as NEMT, Expert, Med-Scribe, Execuscribe and SoftScript. Not sure if I missed any, but it seemed like all of those are still growing companies and not on the MQ or Nuace radars. Did I miss any?

These don't even count the really small ones, and I doubt those will go away any time soon.

There really are a lot of options out there for those of us who do not wish to work for MQ or Nuance.

Just my two cents :)

Plus there are companies that WILL NOT - Off shore

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a lot of companies like ExecuScribe, Landmark, Keystrokes, SoftScript (there are probably more)who do not off shore and, at least in the case of ExecuScribe, actively work to fight it. I can't see them ever selling out to MQ or Nuance who consider it to be off shoring when they actually have Americans doing the work.

eTransPlus didn't offshore either, but they still sold - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
to Medquist. Unfortunately, I don't think there are very many companies that would hold out just because MQ offshores if the money is right!
Well, there goes that theory. - :(
[ In Reply To ..]
Rats.

I work for Landmark - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and love it. Its owners are honest and have integrity, which is really saying something in this day and age.
Until you're locked out of the system with no notice...sm - MTinNY
[ In Reply To ..]
and they tell you that there isn't any work for you....only to have an ad on here for a full-time position on the same account (and another account) the very next day. Nice doesn't pay the bills when they overhire to meet their turn-around and then let part-time IC go.

Hate to rain on the parade but don't forget MDI-MD - Said the same thing and sold to Transcend

[ In Reply To ..]
So, sad but true, we can never say "never" when it comes to these MTSOs and their "patriotism." Money changes MANY things.
MDI-MD's sellout - Mom of 1
[ In Reply To ..]
I was part of the MDI-MD bloodbath (and nearly lost my home because we kept being told for months that there was a "new account" coming on board in September and then everything would be fine. Suuuuuure.) I came closer to bankruptcy than I would like to think. I was discussing it with a friend and wondered how the powers that be from MDI (who had been so rah-rah America) could sleep at night. My friend said, "Well, 16 million dollars will buy a lot of sleeping pills." Never, ever, trust an MTSO. From now on, I look out for numero uno.
Absolutely agree and went through same thing - ExMDIer
[ In Reply To ..]
What a horrific nightmare that entire experience was. Fortunately, I was able to just hop over to my part-time position full-time and leave MDI-MD in the dust when that work just disappeared at an alarming rate otherwise I'm sure I would have been in the same boat as you. Few companies were as "vocal" about MDI-MD in their alleged "patriotism" and devotion to their MTs.

Amazing how a quick $16 million completely robbed those people of their integrity and how they couldn't throw us under the rickshaw quickly enough.

It still raises my blood pressure a few degrees to think back on that entire debacle.

I hope "you know who" (don't think we can name names here) hasn't had a decent night's sleep since she flip-flopped on her loyalties like a fish out of water.

Absolute disgusting, even in retrospect and after all of this time. Ugh.
ExMDIer - Mom of 1
[ In Reply To ..]
No, we are not allowed to name names on here, but I think we all know who we are talking about. I hope while the fat cats are eating steak and lobster, they realize that some of us have to use food stamps or depend on our family or friends for help. But I also believe in what goes around comes around.
I know what you mean, mom of 1 - almost broke
[ In Reply To ..]
Almost lost our place also thanks to the pay cuts and someone's greed. I used to think the former owner was an upstanding person but true colors were shown when the money was put on the table. It took me almost 2 years to find a decent place to work and by then, my credit rating had taken a nose dive. Let's hope what goes around comes around.
Same here. She was a real stand up person...NOT! - MDI-er
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
you're right. my former great company said all - those same things, and then - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
sold out to acusis. i think when enough money is dangled in front of the noses of the owners of the smaller companies, they end up selling out because they know its a losing proposition to go up against the size and wealth theyre trying to compete against. these monopolies-in-the-making are going to do their best to stomp on, price out of competition, or buy up, every competitor they can. if it were a requirement that US businesses can only hire US employees, it think the 'pac-man' practice of gobbling up all the little would grind to a halt. and you know the reason they're trying to get so big and bloated that they cant even see their own feet - it's because they have sold their souls to the stock market, as well, and have greedy shareholders breathing down their necks. i think wall street is nothing but a big pyramid scheme, and would love nothing more than to see it completely done away with. the stock market is ruining the united states.

Encompass said the same thing and - sold to Nuance nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

This is reassuring, thank you Long-Time MT - AnaPhylaxis

[ In Reply To ..]
I keep hoping the MTSO for which I work is so tiny that it won't even bleep on the MQ radar when MQ stealths overhead in search of another target. Reading your post was comforting, so thanks for posting :-)

Keeping my fingers crossed (sm) - AnaPhylaxis

[ In Reply To ..]
My sympathies to all the MTs at both All Type and eTrans.

I'm just sitting here keeping my fingers crossed that the wonderful small MTSO for which I work is so small that it stays under the MQ/Nuance radar and they don't try to swoop it up, too. I've had two separate offers to work for MQ and have declined at the last moment just for the fear of lack of work, etc. I know I'd be devastated if I was invited to a "conference call" one morning to find out I was now sold like a piece of furniture to MQ.

I honestly hope everything works out okay for both the AT and ET people. How devastating.

To all affected by MQ - Anonymous1

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a Hindu belief that whatever you do to others will come back to you three-fold. I certainly hope that is true, and I certainly hope it happens to MedQuist.

Similar Messages:

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

BOS 3 Worth Buying?
Nov 15, 2010

Is it worth purchasing the BOS 3 before I start testing?  I have looked online to see what others have said, and it seems like most have said they wouldn't spend the money because it's not that different from the 2nd version.  One person said they read the book and saw only 2 changes from the previous edition.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm worried that I'm going to need the newer version to pass the test.  Just wanted to see what others have don ...

Why MQ And Nuance Are Buying Everyone Out
Nov 22, 2011

so let's open our eyes.  MQ and Nuance are now the 2 biggest companies, and very known fact that they are offshoring everything they can.  I don't have firsthand information, this is just my theory.  they contact hospitals/clinics that they don't have contracts with and underbid them, probably to a point the hospital administrators are doing cartwheels.  As soon as they acquire the majority of the accounts that the smaller companies are now contracted with, suc ...

Saw The Post About If Nuance Is Buying
May 27, 2012

where MM is paying Nuance for something.  MM is using Nuance's Escription and my friend was told they have no plans to not use it.  Someone on company board was adamant that MM and Nuance have no interest in each other but these kind of rumors are getting more and more frequent.  ...

Buying Out A Company Computer?
Dec 04, 2014

I currently have a company-provided computer that I work from (Webmedx). I think I remember somewhere a long time ago that I can have the option of buying the computer if I leave the company. Does anyone know any info on this? If I quit Nuance, can I buy this computer from them? I don't have another one. TIA! ...

Worth Buying Text Expander?
Jan 08, 2011

I have been working on trying to increase my speed with expanders.  So far I've been using Microsoft word to enter expanders but I'm wondering if that is enough.  I would like to have an expander for blocks of text.  Have any you purchased a text expander program and is it worth it?  I'm shocked at the price of a few of these programs and hesitate to purchase one. ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got A New Computer And Old Medical Dictionary Is Not Compatible So I Am Buying A
Apr 21, 2010

nm ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Which Companies Use
Oct 11, 2009

Escription or ExEditor VR?  TIA! ...

What Is With These Companies?
Dec 30, 2009

Can anyone answer me why is it that these MT companies hire you and they all promise you the sun, moon and stars.  Oh we have TONS of work. We guarantee you at least 11 accounts and 2,500 lines a day. Then you are sitting there 6 months later, waiting for jobs? I have experienced this many times. Can it be that its just bad management and they overhire? Does anyone know of a company that really does have TONS of work? I know this is the slow time of year, but many times its happened at othe ...

IC Companies
Mar 01, 2010

Are there any companies left who hire strictly IC status, and if so, pros and cons? Thanks! ...

Why Do Companies Who Don't
May 05, 2010

pay us hourly anymore anyway make us punch an electronic time clock?  What's wrong with sending simple timesheets like we did for years?  It has no effect on our pay whatsoever since we aren't hourly and is only to cover their butts regarding overtime, so why do they go through all the nightmare of eTime?! ...

Any Companies Who Do Not Use VR? (sm)
Jun 02, 2010

The company I work for has gone VR (on most jobs).  I cannot make any money doing this.  My pay has been cut approximately $150 to $200 every two weeks.  They have already taken away the incentives, and now if you screw up a couple of times on demographics, you do not get paid for the job, and the third or fourth time you are pulled from the account.  I am just so frustrated.  This VR is killing me.  It takes more time to make corrections.  It is frustrati ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Companies
Jun 11, 2010

hire newbies and which ones are the best to work for?  A friend of mine wants to start transcription - god help her : -) ...

Companies For New MTs
Aug 18, 2010

Can someone please point me to reputable links or companies who hire new (recently graduated/just out of school)  transcriptionists?  I don't want to apply to companies that aren't good to work for! Who are ones that you know of who hire right out of school and are good to work for?  I need something!! I can't take it?  I feel like I have applied to every company that I have found on the Internet with no response! Sorry if I'm venting, but it's just g ...

Are There Any Companies That
Aug 30, 2010

nm ...

Companies That Do Not Pay!
Sep 01, 2010

Getting so tired of hearing this!  We need to start a list online where MTs can go to check.  Any suggestions? ...

Can Someone Tell My Why Companies Do This?
Sep 30, 2010

So, I see it all of the time, people on here complaining about no work, yet the company they are complaining about is HIRING.  My job recently did this as well.  I am day after day running out of work, but yet I see an ad that they are hiring!  I e-mailed the owner and asked about it and she didn't reply.  I UNDERSTAND that they are hiring for a different account, BUT, since it's all transcribing, why not just move some people around and give those extra accounts to ...

I Just Have To Wonder About Companies That Say
Nov 13, 2010

they want ICs and then say they need them to work certain days and hours.  Will this be a problem?  Umm, yes!  lol!!  Some things never change. ...

What's Going On With Some Of These Companies??
Jan 19, 2011

I got an email yesterday telling me that I didn't meet the quota of 10,000 lines for the last pay period... well, duh...  There is not enough work.  Today I get an email asking how many times I checked on a new account yesterday because they had issues and actually never went live at all.  I responded to the email and my supervisor emails me back asking me if I'm hourly or on production.  huh??????    No work this morning either... just sit ...

Do The Other Companies Out There Have This Much ASR?
Mar 25, 2011

This is ridiculous!  I just was rehired again after being away for 2 years and I'm thinking I made a mistake!  I want to know if there are any other companies out there that let you JUST TYPE!  Would love to hear from someone who has left and is working for a different company as I think I have one foot out the door!  ...

What Companies Use DQS?
Mar 29, 2011

x ...

Companies Using XP
Apr 29, 2011

Periodically, I will cruise the MT help wanted, and see some companies that list the system requirements as "must have XP."  My question is this:  I wonder if they mean must have at least XP or do they mean MUST HAVE XP.  I find it difficult to believe that any system out there only works with XP, as Vista has been around for a good long while and even Windows 7 (which I wish DocQ would update to) has been out for a bit.  I mean, it would be very difficult to find a computer ...

Companies That Still Use FTP?
Aug 10, 2011

I am in need of a company that still uses FTP where you download a bunch of work at once, work on it, send it back, repeat :)  If you know of anyone and do not wish to post it, please feel free to email me. Thank you very much. ...

Are There Any Companies That Pay
Sep 11, 2011

Any companies that pay a premium for RMT and then help you progress to CMT? I realize this is probably a long shot, just curious anyway. ...

Companies That Use DQS
Oct 08, 2011

Can someone tell me the name of a few companies that use DQS other than the Squid and DSG?  I worked both those places and would not go back no matter what! ...

HI! Does Anyone Know Of Companies That Use
Jan 15, 2012

xxx ...

Any Companies Allow MAC Use?
Feb 23, 2012

Experienced MT looking for PT work but currently have a MAC with dual operating system (VMware Fusion) or Windows on a MAC.  Any info on companies that allow this, if any, would be greatly appreciated!  My choice would be NOT to have to buy a new PC unless I absolutely have to!  Thanks! ...