A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got a new computer and old medical dictionary is not compatible so I am buying a - UnsureWhichToBuy-nm

Posted: Apr 21, 2010

nm

Well my message got cut off, but just need opinions of a good one to buy. - UnsureWhichToBuy-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I just use one look - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
www.onelook.com

Similar Messages:

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Which Medical Dictionary Is The Best To Get The Computer?
Apr 22, 2010

NM ...

Best Medical Dictionary To Get For Your Computer?
Feb 17, 2012

What is the best medical dictionary to get for your copmuter? ...

Buying Out A Company Computer?
Dec 04, 2014

I currently have a company-provided computer that I work from (Webmedx). I think I remember somewhere a long time ago that I can have the option of buying the computer if I leave the company. Does anyone know any info on this? If I quit Nuance, can I buy this computer from them? I don't have another one. TIA! ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Does Anyone Know If A 64-bit Computer Is Compatible
Dec 09, 2013

with BTXT?  I've e-mailed support, but figured I might get a quicker answer here.  TIA! ...

Doctor Locator-Suggestions Needed!
Sep 09, 2010

My old computer crashed and along with it my favorite internet sites.  I am not sure if losing mind or not but I cannot seem to find any  of the sites I used to use  for identifying/locating doctors.   Please help!  Thanks for any suggestion!  ...

Planning To Work At Night. Suggestions Needed
May 17, 2012

I am new here. I am on my way to apply for my first job...I graduated with Career Step with honors. I am planning to work part-time may 5 hours at night from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am, 7 days a week, which will make me work for 35 hours a week. Does any one knows of companies giving such flexibilty. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I am open to both Employee or IC status. Thanks. ...

Medical Dictionary
Sep 15, 2014

Can anyone recommend a medical dictionary to use with a web based platform?  ...

Moving To No Mans Land Aka Paradise.. Internet Options Suggestions Needed!
Oct 21, 2010

I am only able to find a privately owned local phone company in this small town to offer Internet, through the phone, requires a landline (which I really did not need). Pricing: $100.  For 750 min long distance, call waiting, caller ID, DSL - 3MB.  VERY expensive just for internet and phone line!Insane...ALL calls ANYWHERE except within just two small communities within 5 miles of our new house are long distance!  So, we will be using our cell phones for all calls. There are no ot ...

Reasonably Priced Medical Dictionary
Aug 24, 2010

Purchased new computer with Word 2010.   Need to make an updated spellchecker purchases.  Thanks for your feedback! ...

Medical Dictionary For Word 7
Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download? ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

Free Online Medical Dictionary?
Jun 03, 2011

I was told I need to download a new medical spell checker for my computer.  Problem is, Stedman's cost $100, and I simply do not have that right now.  Are there any good, professional, reliable FREE online medical spell checkers out there to download?  Thanks! ...

Question About Stedman's Medical Dictionary V 7.0
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know what versions of Windows this is compatible with? Also, any comments on how you like/don't like it would be helpful!  Tx!  :) ...

Computer Desk Suggestions?
Jul 19, 2010

I need a computer desk for a small space. So the desk must be small, obviously. ;p It won't be for a desktop but for a laptop. I will be putting the laptop on a riser or lifter or stand, whatever its called. You know what I'm talking about. lol. I also will be using an external keyboard with the laptop, so it must have one of those keyboard pullout things. The most important aspect is that it needs to be an ergonomically correct desk. Any suggestions? Wal-Mart or a ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Emdat Inscribe - How To Link A Medical Dictionary
Sep 22, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to link a medical dictionary that I use in Word (Steadman's) to Emdat Inscribe?  I am not a techie so please be detail oriented with the details. No one I know knows how to do it and I do not either....help!!! Thanks so much!!!   ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Computer Cart/armoire Suggestions
Feb 07, 2010

I am needing to set up another work station and I am thinking about a computer cart that moves from room to room or an armoire that I can put all my computers in (work, personal, scanners, printers, etc. ) and close the doors.  The one thing I keep running into is finding a cart or armoire that allows for the foot pedal under the desk.  I have been researching on the internet and found a few, but a personal recommendation is always worth alot.  Does anybody have a suggestion that ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

BOS 3 Worth Buying?
Nov 15, 2010

Is it worth purchasing the BOS 3 before I start testing?  I have looked online to see what others have said, and it seems like most have said they wouldn't spend the money because it's not that different from the 2nd version.  One person said they read the book and saw only 2 changes from the previous edition.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm worried that I'm going to need the newer version to pass the test.  Just wanted to see what others have don ...

MQ Buying More Companies.
Oct 03, 2011

Nuance bought WMX, MQ just bought E Trans and I think AllType recently.  Is it going to boil down to a dual between those 2 companies or does Transcend still enter into the equation? Scared to go to any other smaller company, you know they are all targeted to be bought by one of the above.  ...

Why MQ And Nuance Are Buying Everyone Out
Nov 22, 2011

so let's open our eyes.  MQ and Nuance are now the 2 biggest companies, and very known fact that they are offshoring everything they can.  I don't have firsthand information, this is just my theory.  they contact hospitals/clinics that they don't have contracts with and underbid them, probably to a point the hospital administrators are doing cartwheels.  As soon as they acquire the majority of the accounts that the smaller companies are now contracted with, suc ...

Saw The Post About If Nuance Is Buying
May 27, 2012

where MM is paying Nuance for something.  MM is using Nuance's Escription and my friend was told they have no plans to not use it.  Someone on company board was adamant that MM and Nuance have no interest in each other but these kind of rumors are getting more and more frequent.  ...

Worth Buying Text Expander?
Jan 08, 2011

I have been working on trying to increase my speed with expanders.  So far I've been using Microsoft word to enter expanders but I'm wondering if that is enough.  I would like to have an expander for blocks of text.  Have any you purchased a text expander program and is it worth it?  I'm shocked at the price of a few of these programs and hesitate to purchase one. ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

DocQScribe Dictionary
Aug 07, 2010

How do you guys edit your dictionary in DocQScribe?  I have a term that is not spelled correctly and I can't figure out how to get into the dictionary to delete it. Thanks for any info you'd like to share.         ...

Custom Dictionary
Jun 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me in "simple terms" how to convert my custom medical dictionary from one computer to another?  Boy, I sure hope so!  Linda ...