A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Saw the post about if Nuance is buying - MM. Some saw on Google sm

Posted: May 27, 2012

where MM is paying Nuance for something.  MM is using Nuance's Escription and my friend was told they have no plans to not use it.  Someone on company board was adamant that MM and Nuance have no interest in each other but these kind of rumors are getting more and more frequent. 

Im sure the owners are relatives and just buying - up the world

[ In Reply To ..]
Just like all the subways and gas stations.

If that came to pass, we would be in deep doodoo. - Called monopoly.

[ In Reply To ..]
n,,,,,,,,

Similar Messages:

Why MQ And Nuance Are Buying Everyone Out
Nov 22, 2011

so let's open our eyes.  MQ and Nuance are now the 2 biggest companies, and very known fact that they are offshoring everything they can.  I don't have firsthand information, this is just my theory.  they contact hospitals/clinics that they don't have contracts with and underbid them, probably to a point the hospital administrators are doing cartwheels.  As soon as they acquire the majority of the accounts that the smaller companies are now contracted with, suc ...

New Nuance Job Post...
Dec 19, 2014

Did anyone see on the company board? Looks like their hiring again. Full time only. ...

Every Negative Post About Nuance Is True!
May 08, 2015

I am happy to announce that I just got offered a position with a different transcription company and finally get to leave Nuance! For those of you struggling there, there are other opportunities out there. Hang in there and keep looking. As for Nuance, generally what people have been posting about them is true. They do not value their employees, their new compensation plan is a joke. It is true that while some of their employees are starving and on welfare because they are OOW on a daily basi ...

UPMC MTs Protest Post Nuance Outsourcing
Oct 31, 2013

These are transcriptionists that were pretty much forced to sign onto Nuance once they took over the transcription of their hospital. No option for UE or severance! After working for Nuance see how much their pay drops. Pretty disgusting, actually. We have all experienced it, but gradually for us, bit by bit, but these poor ladies got a huge dose all at once and went from making good money and good benefits to minimum wage. ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

Warning: Do Not Read This Post If You Want To Hate Nuance
Apr 15, 2015

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/gravity-payments-raise_n_7061676.html The CEO of the company Gravity, doubled all his lowest paid employees salaries to 70k per year AS WELL AS lowered HIS OWN from ONE million to 70k per year. The company's minimum wage is 70k per year.  That guy is my HERO.  Can you even imagine?     ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

BOS 3 Worth Buying?
Nov 15, 2010

Is it worth purchasing the BOS 3 before I start testing?  I have looked online to see what others have said, and it seems like most have said they wouldn't spend the money because it's not that different from the 2nd version.  One person said they read the book and saw only 2 changes from the previous edition.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm worried that I'm going to need the newer version to pass the test.  Just wanted to see what others have don ...

MQ Buying More Companies.
Oct 03, 2011

Nuance bought WMX, MQ just bought E Trans and I think AllType recently.  Is it going to boil down to a dual between those 2 companies or does Transcend still enter into the equation? Scared to go to any other smaller company, you know they are all targeted to be bought by one of the above.  ...

Buying Out A Company Computer?
Dec 04, 2014

I currently have a company-provided computer that I work from (Webmedx). I think I remember somewhere a long time ago that I can have the option of buying the computer if I leave the company. Does anyone know any info on this? If I quit Nuance, can I buy this computer from them? I don't have another one. TIA! ...

Worth Buying Text Expander?
Jan 08, 2011

I have been working on trying to increase my speed with expanders.  So far I've been using Microsoft word to enter expanders but I'm wondering if that is enough.  I would like to have an expander for blocks of text.  Have any you purchased a text expander program and is it worth it?  I'm shocked at the price of a few of these programs and hesitate to purchase one. ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got A New Computer And Old Medical Dictionary Is Not Compatible So I Am Buying A
Apr 21, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Postdischarge, Post-discharge, Or Post Discharge?
Nov 14, 2011

Which one do you guys use?  I find it all 3 ways on the net, with no clear indication as to what's correct.  Thx.   ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Post Op?
Nov 21, 2009

Hi everyone!  Just a quick question.  Is it post op or postop?  Have had this changed both ways recently and have never had this questioned before and am now second guessing myself.  Thanks! ...

There Was A Post Regarding IC/Emp And IRS That Was
May 11, 2010

It was a post that very clearly stated some IRS stuff and some case law, I believe?  There is a group of us who worked for a company and pretty much all of us got burned!  And we're talking tens of thousands of dollars collectively in one month!  So, I am doing some reasearch to see if this former company violated the IC status by paying an hourly wage and need some concrete stuff to make my case.  I tried an archive search, but that didn't work.  It was just w ...

PTO And My Former Post
Jul 13, 2011

After so many questioned my former post, I reviewed MQ's PTO policy.  They state a maximum of 18 days for full-time employees which is 3 days more than I was offered when I last worked full-time (after 30 years).  For those of you who say you are getting 22 or 28 days - I don't know how you managed it but consider yourselves lucky.  I  hope you continue to get it.  And by the way, when I take time off now it is unpaid (as a flexible part-time employee) and was ...

Not Sure Where To Post This, But I Need To Know
Oct 04, 2011

how to stop an abbreviation from expanding in Emdat.  I cannot find it in the manual or on the help screen.  Please help!!  TIA ...

Where To Post?
Jul 18, 2012

I have a 3rd edition BOS W/ electronic version that I want to get rid of. I can't seem to find a for sale board. Where would I post it or is that not allowed here? ...

From The Post Below, About MTs
Aug 17, 2012

http://hdstoday.com/?tag=mmodal Below are highlights of the news article In light of the One Equity Partners purchase of M*Modal, I predicted that within the next 12 to 18 months we may see OEP turn around and sell off M*Modal’s speech recognition technology to the likes of Microsoft, especially if Apple spends some of its cache of cash on Nuance. A $12 billion buyout of Nuance by Apple would dwarf the $1.2 billion M*Modal acquisition, and it would also put control of a huge chunk o ...

Had To Post This One
Feb 05, 2013

ASR respirations 17 culprit organism Dicatate respiratons 17 per minute you just cant make this stuff up ...

BOS Job Post
Mar 27, 2014

anyone heard back from them.   ...