A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Own personal computer versus MQ supplied computer? - Anonymous

Posted: Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there?

Thanks!

not for personal use - anonyn

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ computers are not for personal use, only business use.

I know that . . . I would like to know . . . - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
what type of internet connection come with the Q-supplied computers? Is it strictly cable port connection or do you have extra USB ports?

MQ computer - type

[ In Reply To ..]
I use a Medquist computer and there are USB ports - I think that should work for you but you might want to check with tech support to be sure. If you decide to use your own computer, make sure you have the right operating system - I just bought a laptop with Windows 7 and DocQscribe doesn't work with Windows 7.
Yes it does - derp
[ In Reply To ..]
DQS 6.1 does work with Win7.

And the machine that you get from MQ does have USB ports. USB is pretty much the standard for external connections.
Thanks for the replies! nm - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
x
really - type
[ In Reply To ..]
Really - you got it to work on Window 7 - tech support told me it would not work with that operating system.
window 7 - just want to work
[ In Reply To ..]
I was told the system can't have win 7 64,otherwise should work
Windows 7 - 32 bit - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It has to be a 32 bit not 64 bit.
Yes, it does work on 64-bit, too - derp
[ In Reply To ..]
There were some early issues that prevented it from working on 64bit that were real issues in the code. Those got resolved.

If you are running 64bit Win7, you might be surprised to learn that you have two versions of Internet Explorer installed on your machine. One is 64bit, the other is 32bit. You need to run the 32bit version when you install.

You can find the 32bit version of IE under the start menu.
Windows 7 - disagree
[ In Reply To ..]
I use Windows 7 and have no problems.

Similar Messages:

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

I Need Help Transferring My Esp From Word Client To My Personal Computer
Jul 13, 2014

Hi: I need to move my expanded phrases and sentences from word client to my personal computer. I want to put them in autocorrect on Microsoft 2007. I do not know how to do this. I don't see much online about import/export from word client to auto correct. If anyone knows of a converting program or how to do it step by step, please let me know. Thanks for your help.   Take Care, Jay ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

All-in-one Computer Versus Laptop
Sep 27, 2011

I am looking to get a new computer and having trouble deciding if I should get an all-in-one computer (I love the idea of not having a tower any more) or a laptop.  I was not sure if a laptop could handle being on 12-14 hours plus a day without burning it up.  Any input would be appreciated because I am sure there are pros and cons of both that I have yet to think of and this is such a big purchase I don't want to have buyer's remorse later on. Thanks in advance! ...

All-in-one Computer Versus Laptop For Transcription Opinions
Jan 07, 2012

I am curious which would be best for transcription, all-in-one or laptop with larger monitor.  It just seems to me that with an all-in-one you would have less mess on your desk than with a laptop hooked to a larger monitor (I'm ancient so I need a large monitor to be able to see), so I'm leaning towards buying an all-in-one computer rather than the laptop, but have not made my mind up completely yet.  Do any of my other transcription buddies have an opinion on one or the ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...

Computer Age VS 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I was just wondering how old some computers are that are having problems with 6.1 and if there are people with newer computers that handles it better.  Mine is a MQ computer that is 4 years old now and it bogs down quite a bit.  Everything is sluggish now.  I do have 1 GB of ram and 1.84 GHz, so 6.1 shouldn't take a toll on it as bad as it is.  I'm just wondering if I should ask the Q for an upgrade, if that is the problem.  Knowing the RAM and proces ...

Help MQ Computer
Sep 16, 2010

Need help! I don't use an MQ computer, since they don't want you to put anything personal on it, and most of my life, including banking, is on my computer.   My 4-year-old computer crashed and is in the shop for a couple days, and I decided maybe it's time to get a new one.  The problem is, DQS requires a 32-bit system, and so far all the new computers I've found are all Windows 7, which is 64 bits.   I also want to get a slimline, since it kills my ...

Is It Just My Computer?
Sep 20, 2010

I turned off the "check as you go" spelling feature to get rid of that distracting wiggly red line.  When I upload a document, and a mis-spelling is picked up, what's with all the lame suggestions.  I mean either there just aren't any suggestions at all for a simple mis-spelled word with a single wrong letter, or just a simple word.  What happened to the old Q dictionary?  It seems every 5 years their dictionary gets worse.  When I started 10 years ag ...

Using MQ Computer
Dec 01, 2010

I am looking at quitting MQ, and I'm using their computer...do you think they'll let me buy the computer from them????  I can't imagine it's cheap to mail it back to them, and will need a computer for my new job. ...

Computer Needs
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone use a Mac for medical transcription with Windows XP and MT software that requires nothing newer than XP?  Also any experience with Windows XP and Medrite XL on a newer computer using Windows 7 and virtual xp?  Needing advice before replacing my old computer, which I'm afraid might give out.   I would just load XP but supposedly will be transferring to software compatible with Windows 7 sometime in the future.   Any ideas appreciated.    ...

Lap Top Computer
Oct 03, 2011

Does anyone transcribe on a laptop computer and take your work with you when you travel? ...

New Computer From Q
Oct 20, 2011

came by FedEx today.  Had no idea they were sending this.  I quit or decided not to go with them from AT yesterday.  Would think they would let me know they were sending a new computer.  What a joke, glad I am not staying.  Think they got so big they have no idea what's going on. ...

Need A New Computer
Nov 12, 2011

is there any kind of computer i should NOT consider getting to work for medquist?  i think i heard they aren't compatible with MACs, but as far as PCs go....does Windows 7 work?  Vista?  XP?  all of the above?   just want to know what to avoid. thanks!       ...

Got New MQ Computer And
Nov 20, 2011

How do I change the color on DocQscribe from that blinding bright background to nice soft gray? I have no clue how on this machine and my eyes get too sore with the white. Also, how do I turn off all sounds, if anyone knows.   Thanks in advance. ...

New MQ Computer
Nov 21, 2011

Got my new computer. Got my flash drive. Want to transfer my favorites, my documents to the new computer.  I got the favorites transferred, but can't get the documents. Went to My Documents, Properties, Move to, but according to some instructions I read, it's supposed to ask you are you sure you want to move? or something like that. I never got that question and can't get them moved. Really technically challenged. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really need so ...

When I Buy A New Computer, Which Should I Be
Dec 05, 2011

Right now I'm working from a 32-bit.  Which do most transcription platforms support?  ...

Computer Help Please
Apr 13, 2012

Tech support says the Dpcqscribe program will only work with a 32 bit 4 gig computer...Im trying to not have to use their virtual desktop since it is lagging my computer something fierce..So I went to Best Buy today and all they have is 64 bit Windows 7 models..but they did say I could load windows 7 professional on there for another 99 dollars and it will run as a 32 bit...has anyone tried this and had it work??...Ill call tech support in the morning before I invest..I need to get off this craz ...

DQS And New Computer
Jun 19, 2012

My old computer died a couple of weeks ago and I had to go out and purchase a new one with Windows 7.  Right now, I am able to use a backup computer that I got from the company, but really want to use my new one with the larger monitor, but I'm having trouble loading DQS 6 onto this new machine.  Anybody know off the top of their heads if these are compatible?  ...

Old Computer
Jan 21, 2013

MM sent me a letter, tried to say they never received my old computer back which was replaced back in JUNE!!  They didn't realize that I'm not a moron and I kept the receipt, because I know what kind of people I'm working for.  So if anyone receives new equipment, make sure you keep the receipt when you send the old stuff back, because months later, they will get around to accusing you of stealing their worthless piece of crap equipment that is infected with viruses and ...

I Need A New Computer
Feb 01, 2013

My computer is probably ten years old and has become VERY slow.  I have cleaned it and defragged it (Not sure if that helped or not) but I desperately need a new one.  I have a newer one here that I could use, but this one has ten years worth of expanders, tips, shortcuts, etc.  How do you even transition over to a new computer, is it as hard as it sounds? ...

No Monitor With Q Computer???
Oct 13, 2009

When the Q supplies the computer, don't they send a monitor?  Just got the tower, keyboard and mouse.  ...

Transcend Computer
Nov 19, 2009

I am a new hire at Transcend and would like to use a laptop for work as I visit my kids a lot.  What would be the best laptops to buy?  Would appreciate if you included the exact name of the  laptop and the processor  speed. I know they have minimum requirements but I have read that one could get away with different kinds of processors (even lower speeds) as long as the laptop is just used for work. Thanks! ...

I Want A New Computer Lap Top Or Desktop
Dec 27, 2009

any opinions?  I know lap tops monitors are small but......might like the portability of working somewhere else beside the h***l hole of my office. ...

Copying ESP Onto Another Computer
Dec 30, 2009

Can anybody tell me how I would go about copying my ESP onto another computer?  I copied it off my computer that uses the Dictaphone ExText program.  My question is do I need to have the ExText program to copy my ESP onto it?  Do I have to buy the ESP expander program or is it part of ExText software?   Please bear with me, . . I am completely computer stupid.  ...

Opinions On New Computer Please!
Jan 15, 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer but kind of "stumped" at where to start.  I know that I will have to buy Dell since they are about the only company that offers XP any longer.  Currently I am running a Pentium 4 CPU, 1.60 GHz with 1.00 GB RAM.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy?  I am working 3 jobs currently, have several programs that I run and this computer has become bogged down, I have to sometimes sit and wait for it to open a web page or a program. Th ...