A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

All of you that have given notice or will be soon, please do not forget - to come back here often

Posted: May 02, 2015

And tell the truth to unsuspecting MTs, consider it a public service to help people avoid bankruptcy and nervous breakdowns! I mean, really, don't you wish you had known the truth?

I do have plans to do that... - HangingInThere

[ In Reply To ..]
I really want all of my fellow MTs to thrive and do very well in life. I will be checking in and giving updates. :)

I actually did, but had to find out for myself. - and sure enough it was

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes you can believe every horror story you read here. I'm out of there about 3 months now and I feel alive and like I'm a valuable, competent human being again. I love the company I work for now and hope they don't get bought up by either N or M. They are truly professional and considerate. So keep looking. They're out there.

So many seem to get suckered in. Wish there were words sufficient - to prevent that.

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

I'll be going to the coding board - Theresa

[ In Reply To ..]
More than just a few will be meeting there in the future.

Similar Messages:

Forget It.
Jul 21, 2010

Forget it!  I beyond .......  Not sure what I am going to do for the next 6 months.  Just want to finish school and get out of this profession. ...

What If I Forget
Sep 08, 2010

How long do you think I can get away with "forgetting" to do the 6.1 upgrade?  haha!  I've taken the video classes and have the codes, but I've been reading so many horrible things that I don't want to use it until the weekend, when I have time to "play" with it.  What do you think?  ...

Ever Forget How Much Transcriptionists Really Know?? Sm
Feb 25, 2010

I am training someone and I am now reminded how far I have come, how much I have learned, and the things I take for granted and assume others know.   Basic things, just proper English, not even taking into consideration the medical terminology.  Knowing whether a sentence makes sense or not.  We really should be paid better.  But it is nice to feel smart sometimes....and you know anyone who can do this job really does have to be pretty darn intelligent.   Fello ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

Don't Forget This Meeting!
Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast. Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?   ...

Dont Forget To
Nov 02, 2012

Since our TSM hasn't (doesn't ever) reminded us, thought I would ...

Is It Bad That I Don't Want To Tier Up And Just Want To Do My Job And Forget About It
Jun 07, 2013

This job has served me well for the purpose I intended. I was able to stay home with my kids while they were growing up and supplement the household income.  Now, after being with this company since 1994, I don't want to tier up or become an MME. I just want to do my job and then forget about it.  I am at the point now where I really want to retire as we don't need a supplemental income any longer.  I see all these new "opportunities" at MM and I just don't care to ...

I Forget--how Do We Log On To Enrich
Jan 22, 2014

Thanks in advance!!! ...

9-11 GOD BLESS AMERICA, NEVER FORGET
Sep 11, 2011

10 years ago today, I was sitting at my desk working as usual.  I get a phone call from my boyfriend (2nd in command of PD here in LV) frantically asking me if I'm okay.  I'm like what?  I'm working why wouldn't I be?  He asked I if had heard anything, to which I again said no, I am working.  He told me to turn on the TV.  I did and was absolutely HORRIFIED!  That conversation, that moment, that realization of what had happened completely ch ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Don't Forget Time Change!
Mar 10, 2012

Spring forward tonight/wee early hours tomorrow! ...

Help! I Forget What ID And Password Is Used To Get Into MM For NJA Ticket! Sm
Jan 01, 2014

Can anyone help me? I'd rather not call my abbreviation and definitely don't want to call tech support.  Much appreciated and Happy New Year to all! ...

I Forget What Is The Procedure For System Down Again
Nov 03, 2014

Jobs stuck in upload ...

Those Who Forget The Past Are Condemned To Repeat It
Apr 28, 2015

I know I saw a post when the Swap Board first came back as to why it was stopped the first time.  I cannot find it now.  We have message that it is not working the way they wanted it to work.  Imagine that. ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

Work Your Extra Hour... Dont Forget
Apr 29, 2015

Exactly how many days do they get?   ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Anyone Notice This Lately
May 19, 2010

In almost every ASR report lately, there have been gross errors in the dosages of medications.  In 1 report today, it had Colace 70 mg when the dictator clearly said 100 mg.  Then in another report, it had Protonix 3 mg daily when the dictator said 40 mg daily.  Watch your dosages closely!!!!  Something is up! ...

Anybody Notice This With 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

remember the system used to automatically capitalize the first letter as you were typing..i.e. after a period (.) etc. well, it is no longer doing this....wonder why? wonder if there is a way to get it to do this as I found this to be a time saver...   ....upgrade?   things are seeming to take longer to me ??? ...

Did Anyone Else Notice This On 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

For some reason I keep thinking they covered this on the tutorial...but I'm a shift and don't have time to figure it out.  When I did the spell check at the end (which took an exceptionally long time), it appeared all my text turned BLUE (liike it does when you highlight) and then disappeared! I didn't just lose my stuff, did I?Also so far, I don't see a big change in the headings. I'm typing them like normal.  And I couldn't remember the new numbering sy ...

NOTICE: Regarding Job Ads -- SM
Jun 15, 2011

Posters, MTStars has a a few requirements for the job ads that are placed on our Job Seeker's board.  These are in place to provide a minimum of information for you (company name, city and state of business and a visible email address) to do your research on before applying.  We also have a minimum pay that can be posted (5 cpl for transcription and 3 cpl for editing, QA, etc.). You can see all of the ad requirements by reviewing the sticky note at the top of the Job Seeker' ...

Anybody Ever Notice
Dec 18, 2011

That sometimes when you complete a job, the next job in the que downloads but then the second job that is supposed to come up in your que takes forever to show up? I sometimes think it has to take a minute to search for the very worst job to send me. ...

Anyone Else Notice That ASR Is A Lot Better
Jul 30, 2012

Easier to send to India this way..just saying. ...

Does Anyone Know If Notice Is Given If
Nov 07, 2012

we are locked out immediately?  ...

You Ever Notice
Nov 21, 2012

in these few posts below that as they go on and you ask more questions, the OP reveals more and more about themselves and they give inconsistent answers and you can tell they really don't work for MM? I think some of these posts are made up. Changing the NJA policy for T-day? Letter of appreciation? Just trying to stir the pot and unfortunately too many people fall for it. Does anybody really believe a CCM sent an email telling us to check every 30 minutes tomorrow? That goes against ...

Job Notice
Apr 29, 2014

Work for a company for over a year, they switch accounts without notice. Is it common to just quit and move to another job, or is it always best to give a notice? I am not sure I owe them one at this point and need to consider my needs. ...

TLs And Notice
Dec 24, 2014

Yesterday, my TSM sent out an e-mail notifying us that in January, the team leads will be transitioning to other positions as that job description is being done away with.  All I can say is I sure hope they had more warning and that it was not a surprise.  The TSM also asked for patience with her as she assumes their duties.  I wanted to laugh as I have not been overall impressed with the duties she was already performing. ...

AP-ers: Anyone Else Notice...
Jun 22, 2015

... a lower rate of holiday pay on their most recent pay stub?  We're now supposedly being paid by the DOL wage determination rate based on where the facility is located. I volunteered to work on one of the new facilities until they got caught up.  The WDR for this facility is considerably less than the other facility I work on. I noticed that the holiday pay was according to the rate for the lower-wage facility that I agreed to temporarily work on.  ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...