A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Don't forget this meeting! - Puppet MT

Posted: Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast.

Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?

It's where they watch your keyboard/mouse use while editing - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
and they tell you how to increase your productivity. It's like those keyboard/mouse tally reports they were sending out and telling us we could do better if we didn't use the mouse. Only, this time they are doing it live.

Rather than fix the problem with ASR, they are blaming us for our low production rather than looking at the fact that most of us produced more typing.

so wouldnt it be even more important to - attend this boost thing

[ In Reply To ..]
TO show them that we are not wasting time and that it takes us so long to edit these darn reports.

Ill be the guinea pig, I will let them follow me around! Ill show them its their program, not me.

They don't get that every mouse and keyboard movement in ASR has to do with corrections. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
They just don't get it. The mouse/keyboard should only be moving to format period. Anything else is due to incorrect (horridly so) output of the ASR. They should be using these statistics to judge the programmers, not us who are using the mouse/keyboard to correct their shoddy work.
CCM did tell me sm - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
that this Boost thing would also be looking at repeated ASR errors and notifying whomever about them.
I doubt that is true. They are already informed with every report done when they put it through agai - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
And if that were true, they would be shadowing everyone. Makes no sense to me.

Whoever came up with that idea needs to be fired. - Talk about a morale killer...

[ In Reply To ..]
JUST LEAVE US ALONE & LET US FREAKING WORK!!!!

That sort of spyware makes me want to take my - shoes off & try typing with my toes.

[ In Reply To ..]
(Meerkat)
=^..^=

DON'T FORGET THIS MEETING - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
totally ridiculous... keep getting those e-mails, have asked for help, and what these stats really mean, etc., but get no advice. Have written e-mails about poor quality of ASR, and why, after having had ASR for quite a while, the ASR is continuing to put out the same errors on particular doctors' dictations report after report, where supposedly the ASR software would "learn" from our corrections, and the next time would put in the correct word! HA HA!

Think the Dragon Naturally Speaking program is much better than our ASR!

Boost initiative - Silly Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is the initiative whereby they can "boost" more money from the transcribers.

Similar Messages:

Forget It.
Jul 21, 2010

Forget it!  I beyond .......  Not sure what I am going to do for the next 6 months.  Just want to finish school and get out of this profession. ...

What If I Forget
Sep 08, 2010

How long do you think I can get away with "forgetting" to do the 6.1 upgrade?  haha!  I've taken the video classes and have the codes, but I've been reading so many horrible things that I don't want to use it until the weekend, when I have time to "play" with it.  What do you think?  ...

Ever Forget How Much Transcriptionists Really Know?? Sm
Feb 25, 2010

I am training someone and I am now reminded how far I have come, how much I have learned, and the things I take for granted and assume others know.   Basic things, just proper English, not even taking into consideration the medical terminology.  Knowing whether a sentence makes sense or not.  We really should be paid better.  But it is nice to feel smart sometimes....and you know anyone who can do this job really does have to be pretty darn intelligent.   Fello ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

Dont Forget To
Nov 02, 2012

Since our TSM hasn't (doesn't ever) reminded us, thought I would ...

Is It Bad That I Don't Want To Tier Up And Just Want To Do My Job And Forget About It
Jun 07, 2013

This job has served me well for the purpose I intended. I was able to stay home with my kids while they were growing up and supplement the household income.  Now, after being with this company since 1994, I don't want to tier up or become an MME. I just want to do my job and then forget about it.  I am at the point now where I really want to retire as we don't need a supplemental income any longer.  I see all these new "opportunities" at MM and I just don't care to ...

I Forget--how Do We Log On To Enrich
Jan 22, 2014

Thanks in advance!!! ...

All Of You That Have Given Notice Or Will Be Soon, Please Do Not Forget
May 02, 2015

And tell the truth to unsuspecting MTs, consider it a public service to help people avoid bankruptcy and nervous breakdowns! I mean, really, don't you wish you had known the truth? ...

9-11 GOD BLESS AMERICA, NEVER FORGET
Sep 11, 2011

10 years ago today, I was sitting at my desk working as usual.  I get a phone call from my boyfriend (2nd in command of PD here in LV) frantically asking me if I'm okay.  I'm like what?  I'm working why wouldn't I be?  He asked I if had heard anything, to which I again said no, I am working.  He told me to turn on the TV.  I did and was absolutely HORRIFIED!  That conversation, that moment, that realization of what had happened completely ch ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Don't Forget Time Change!
Mar 10, 2012

Spring forward tonight/wee early hours tomorrow! ...

Help! I Forget What ID And Password Is Used To Get Into MM For NJA Ticket! Sm
Jan 01, 2014

Can anyone help me? I'd rather not call my abbreviation and definitely don't want to call tech support.  Much appreciated and Happy New Year to all! ...

I Forget What Is The Procedure For System Down Again
Nov 03, 2014

Jobs stuck in upload ...

Those Who Forget The Past Are Condemned To Repeat It
Apr 28, 2015

I know I saw a post when the Swap Board first came back as to why it was stopped the first time.  I cannot find it now.  We have message that it is not working the way they wanted it to work.  Imagine that. ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

Work Your Extra Hour... Dont Forget
Apr 29, 2015

Exactly how many days do they get?   ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Acusis Meeting
Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA! ...

DTS/Transcend Meeting Pay
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone actually received pay for manditory meetings we attended discussing the transition from DTS to Transcend?  Our acct mgr even sent out an email saying that payment on the LAST meeting would be delayed until this pay period, but I find nothing on my check stub to suggest we've been paid for any of them yet.  If you have, where is the information located on your check stub?  All I have is straight pay and holiday pay. TIA ...

MT Meeting Today
Mar 19, 2012

The email said 12pm Eastern time, does that mean 11am central time? Sorry if seems like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure. I get confused with time zones. ...

All Hands Meeting
Mar 19, 2012

anyone else trying to attend this all hands meeting?  All I hear is music ...

What Is This All Hands Meeting?
Oct 15, 2012

I've been recently "acquired" by MModal and am jumping through lots of hoops.  Have been informed by our CCM that we are required to attend the All Hands Meeting today at 12 EST.  Just wondering what this is and if it's something I need to worry about.  ...

Do We Get Paid For This Meeting, And If So, Under
Oct 15, 2012

Thanks. ...

Townhall Meeting Available
Nov 14, 2012

Hooray . . .  . the townhall meeting is available for us to watch!!!!  Good, I could use a good laugh today.  ...

Meeting Today
Dec 11, 2012

Please please post meeting info when it is complete today on this site.  This is the only way I am able to keep up during the day.  Thank you!!  I do not plan on any good news that way I am not disappointed.  ...