A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hey, Forget all you guys, I am writing me one heck of an essay. - They are giving 1000 bucks.

Posted: Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!! 

I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 18-wheel rig down the highway -- ROLLING IN THE FTR CONVOY.  OH YEAH BABY!! 

I'm getting me 1,000 bucks.  Then I will quit.  I hope my new job don't start quite yet.  I need the buckaroos. 

Bye . . .  I'm writing me an MQ essay . . . . .

But I seem to remember in the old days not having to do fancy human tricks  for a bonus . . . maybe that was just a dream . . . dunno . . . . it seems like it was in another lifetime  . . . . . .

Not me. Can't write what I don't believe. Plus I doubt there is a REAL contest anyways. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Bertha Blowhard from Mount Pleasant Nowhere will be the winner. They are cutting us 3 cents a line and going to GIVE AWAY ANYTHING?

I posted that strictly in sarcasm . . . - Not in seriousness.

[ In Reply To ..]
Their "contest" is a ploy to dangle a carrot in front of us to accept something that we all know is bullcrap.

Not entering. I was just being sarcastic, that's all.

Similar Messages:

Who Is Writing An Essay
Apr 24, 2012

I don't write essays very well, but this could get interesting. I'm mostly interested in the "How I Do It" essay. Maybe I could learn how to do this more efficiently...I don't particularly want to be mentored, so reading an essay might give me some better ideas. ...

Please Help Me With My Essay
May 09, 2014

Can someone please help me finish my essay for Eye on Quality...here's what I have so far. Why I Love Being an MT for MModal Being an MT is the best job in the world!  The job itself is so rewarding, but working for MModal is like Eye-sing (get it!) on the cake!  With there hi standards, they can afford to higher the very best people (like me!).  I can't weight to get up in the morning to turn on my compuder to start my rewording day!  I have no trouble achieving ...

FTR Essay Contest
Mar 22, 2010

OH MY GOD!   The Q is having an essay contest about what is wonderful about FTR.  I just picked myself up off the floor because I was and still am laughing hysterically.  Nothing surprises me any more at the Q...  nothing!!! ...

On A Serious Note - FTR Essay -
Mar 22, 2010

Before you send in an essay with your name on it.  Think long about it.  There are a couple of issues: 1.  Taxes.  Think about how much you will have left after the taxes are taken out.  It won't be 1000 dollars.  2.  There are those of you on here talking about a union.  If any of you are serious about a union -- DO NOT sing praises about ANY MQ POLICIES.  It will come back to haunt you. 3.  Remember exactly what is going on in MQ r ...

Essay? I Don't Know Whether To Laugh Or Cry!
Mar 22, 2010

Are they kidding?  How stupid is this proposed Essay contest?  We are asked to enter a contest and tell why FTR is a good thing and a move forward and will have a positive impact on patient care?  Are they nuts?  This is beyond stupid!  How about asking for an essay on punishing MTs for asking for a second opinion, wanting another trained ear to listen so that patients are not given the incorrect medication or an incorrect diagnosis?  How about an es ...

They Sent Out An Essay Reminder
Mar 25, 2010

I just got an email in my MQ box "reminding" us about this "friendly" little essay contest that they are trying to  shove down our throats.  Apparently the response hasn't been overwhelming (gee, I wonder why) if they have to do that. I know it's hard for those of us trapped at MQ to hang on.  I am one of them too.  No jobs out there right now and I'm taking courses.  But I have to make something to somewhat survive so I have to stay. All I say is, make ...

That Winning Essay
Apr 03, 2010

I hope the winners are happy with their money.  Selling out their fellow MTs must come with great satisfaction.  To praise a program that takes money from a hard-working MT for not being able to understand some of the worst dictation ever recorded is a form of prostitution, only they are selling their souls instead of their bodies.  ...

MT Essay Contest
Apr 13, 2012

That we are not typists. This is something MTSOs need to realize. There is a skill set required here that goes beyond being a typist and speech recognition technology. That these are LEGAL documents and that the mistakes that go through all the time could be an issue because companies AND transcriptionists are being allowed to be brought to trial over errors in several states now. That we realize as soon as a machine can replace us, we'll be gone. That it makes me laugh that I re ...

Quality Essay
May 01, 2013

Is anyone having a problem coming up with words to write up a quality essay? They gave us the outline and everything, but they mention all their great tools, and I think of the report look up with all the errors, and think... Is this the quality you wanted?   I wanted to mention that penalizing us for QA use promotes poor quality, that putting us on a gazillion accounts promotes poor quality!   I guess I am just feeling to crabby today to write an essay. I just wish they did a ra ...

Why The Heck Am I On A Different BOB
Feb 12, 2010

WHAT THE HECK!!!! I am working on a different account and NOT MY BOB which seems to be permenantly for the last few days.  My BOB has been low, but there was plenty of work yesterday and this morning on MY BOB and yet I am on a different BOB?  To top it all, I see others working on MY ACCOUNTS!!!!!  DANG IT!!!! If I am to work on other different accounts while others are on MY ACCOUNTS, I would rather work at the movie theater where my son works and get PAID MORE and HAVE FUN at ...

Forget It.
Jul 21, 2010

Forget it!  I beyond .......  Not sure what I am going to do for the next 6 months.  Just want to finish school and get out of this profession. ...

What If I Forget
Sep 08, 2010

How long do you think I can get away with "forgetting" to do the 6.1 upgrade?  haha!  I've taken the video classes and have the codes, but I've been reading so many horrible things that I don't want to use it until the weekend, when I have time to "play" with it.  What do you think?  ...

TTD New Job Ad. What The Heck? They Just Let 16 Of Us Go
May 23, 2012

on Chartnet, which is what we were all fired from.  Amy and Dawn have some nerve to post a job ad right after firing a bunch of people. BE WARNED! Do NOT work for this fly by night company. You will be shorted on your paychecks or not receive them at all and you'll end up with your ID disabled with NO notice.  This happened in March when 31 people were let go and again this week where 16 people were let go all from Chartnet.  So, they're doing the same thing YET AGAIN ...

OK So What The Heck Is This
Jan 11, 2015

ASR: I a Zoll of ominous. or in human terms History of Present Illness.. ...

To Heck
Mar 12, 2015

new PC, new accounst, so far so bad.  i'm going to watch the berry college eagles instead.  watching these eagles has been the high point of my life lately.  everything else just sucks. ...

The Heck With You
Mar 26, 2015

According to the incessant job status reports, we are not even behind! Insanity! ...

Where The Heck Do You
Apr 06, 2015

I'm lost in the Inner Circle maze and can't find it.  TIA ...

First Time Right Essay Contest
Apr 02, 2010

So to those of you who said don't enter....you were foolish...you could have gotten a $50 gift card...   Medquist is doing what it should be doing....providing quality to the facilities and the patients that we transcribe for!   My thoughts...   Benchmark KB is great....everything is at your fingertips now........   Google isn't always right.....remember that..... ...

What? No Reaction To The FTR Winning Essay?
Apr 02, 2010

I made the mistake of choosing to read it while eating my dinner.  Blecch.  It just sounds SOOO fake, so sickeningly sweet.  Notice how all the words are manipulated to make MQ sound so wonderful.  And who the heck calls Benchmark "Benchmark KB"?  KB?  Come on.  I have yet to see it even once referenced that way on this board by real MTs. Really smells like a suit to me.  Watch them use that winning essay in some publication or MQ adver ...

Participating In Essay Contests
May 05, 2013

I know that many of you need extra money but when you participate in things like company essay contests you demean and degrade MTs and what we do.  We are not high school students required to do what the teacher tells us.  We are adult employees who should not be asked to grovel for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate.  This is a way for this despicable company to get free marketing material without having to pay a copywriter to produce it.  ...

MME? What The Heck Is A Naris?
Jan 28, 2010

Okay - I know it is the singular (Latin version) of nares, but I've never in my entire MT career seen it used. Is this a new thing now? Just seems wrong - especially when the standard for that OP procedure has it as nares. Then again, most of the standards are incorrect too. BOUYA!! This has probably already been discussed on this board somewhere -- just wondering if anyone actually types naris? ...

Ever Forget How Much Transcriptionists Really Know?? Sm
Feb 25, 2010

I am training someone and I am now reminded how far I have come, how much I have learned, and the things I take for granted and assume others know.   Basic things, just proper English, not even taking into consideration the medical terminology.  Knowing whether a sentence makes sense or not.  We really should be paid better.  But it is nice to feel smart sometimes....and you know anyone who can do this job really does have to be pretty darn intelligent.   Fello ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

What The Heck? Are You Kidding Me?
Sep 08, 2010

So I get this report, a LONG REPORT.  I type it, I download it, and it is sent off and I get the next job.  I start typing away and in 2 minutes I get this error message stating you will lose this file or something and boom, everything goes away and I am out of the system.  I am supposed to be typing during my shift.   Then I go back in again and I get 3 jobs reserved to me and the is the same dang report LONG REPORT that I just did and they want me to do it all over again? ...

Uh...what Or Who The Heck Is Cornerstone?
Mar 08, 2011

x ...

What The Heck Does La Soltera Mean
Aug 16, 2011

?????? ...

Don't Forget This Meeting!
Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast. Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?   ...

Dont Forget To
Nov 02, 2012

Since our TSM hasn't (doesn't ever) reminded us, thought I would ...

What The Heck Happened With The ASR Lately!
Jun 05, 2013

My gosh!  I am getting sentences in ASR that the dictator did not dictate and he is an excellent dictator.  Then I get no words that the dictator did dictate.  I have been changing whole sentences because of crappy words which dictator did not dictate.  Also the headings are not being put in when clearly the dictator stated:  REVIEW OF SYSTEMS, yet the ASR did not put ANYTHING into the report. THIS IS BULL CRAP!  GETTING WORSE AND WORSE.  Now this company wa ...

Is It Bad That I Don't Want To Tier Up And Just Want To Do My Job And Forget About It
Jun 07, 2013

This job has served me well for the purpose I intended. I was able to stay home with my kids while they were growing up and supplement the household income.  Now, after being with this company since 1994, I don't want to tier up or become an MME. I just want to do my job and then forget about it.  I am at the point now where I really want to retire as we don't need a supplemental income any longer.  I see all these new "opportunities" at MM and I just don't care to ...