A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Work your extra hour... dont forget - oh, and im off again

Posted: Apr 29, 2015

Exactly how many days do they get?  

this makes me so mad - we are on mandatory - OT and she is taking the whole day off

[ In Reply To ..]
and has had other time off during this mandatory OT and lots of "appointments". If we are supposed to "work as a team," where is her mandatory OT??

What gets me is the gall of the - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
scheduler person to tell us we shouldn't use our PTO to go to the doctor during our shift, yet they do it ALL THE TIME. What other job tells you that you can't use your PTO for a doctor's appointment?! Jesus, they're already killing us & now don't want us to go to the doctor.

I doubt that's MM's stance. She's probably just overstepping - her bounds. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would imagine our supers are SM - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
salaried and not hourly, which means they are also working, monitoring, etc., weekends and other times when we are off the clock. Therefore, their time away from the job can't be compared to ours. Just a thought.

MMODAL/SUPERS - Skylar

[ In Reply To ..]
Really?? I guess you're also ok that they are given a bonus when WE, the MTs, keep them in TAT? And, yes, it's true, THEY get a bonus for OUR hard work! Geez. SMH...
No, I am not okay we are the workhorses S/M - mmmt
[ In Reply To ..]
for others to reap the benefits. As stated, it was just a thought. And, no, I have not been working the MOT, even though it is absolutely legal in Texas, where I live. You just seem to have a huge chip on your shoulder,Skylar. As someone else posted, why are you stressing so much?
mot - skylar
[ In Reply To ..]
Pls re-read previous statements & you'll realize that comment was NOT directed towards me. :) I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's no "chip" here. I'm not stressing because I DO NOT do the MOT. Next time pls try to follow the thread correctly so you'll address the correct person. It's just a thought... No worries, no hard feelings. :)
I made the don't stress post - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and it was not towards skylar..I'm 100% with her opinion.. I don't do overtime, I don't care..But I am sick of people complaining about it..Do it or don't do it, I don't care. Just stop complaining, its getting old.
Don't stress post - skylar
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you! I am totally 100% in agreement w/you. :)
They always got a bonus, even back - when we were
[ In Reply To ..]
in the offices at MQ. The office manager got a bonus every month.

mmodal mot - Skylar

[ In Reply To ..]
Again, how frustrating that some of you are receiving emails regarding the OT being MANDATORY and some aren't. I don't know how they can make it mandatory for some and voluntary for others. Again, not to be unfair to any of you; it's really a personal choice, and one that you can make also, but I have not and will not work any MOT/OT, and am yet to be reprimanded. JUST SAY NO! If you're afraid to say no, just don't say anything and don't work any MOT/OT!

Why are you stressing? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, you have a choice..Either do the OT or don't..But stop working yourself up over it. A lot of aren't doing it, there are still a lot that are. They never expected 100% compliance, that would be crazy.

Not working OT, more work for those who want it. - noncompliant OT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I receive emails about mandatory OT week after week after week. It seems it would dawn on someone in bossman land to maybe hire an extra MT or two to take care of the problem?? I will work my scheduled time. I do not want or need OT. As my husband loves to say, "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

mmodal MOT - skylar

[ In Reply To ..]
LOVE THIS! :)

Then why is it called mandatory? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
If they never expected 100% compliance, why call it mandatory? They're not enforcing it or any consequences of not doing it, so what's the point? Just say optional, if that's what it is. Geez.

But that would be logical..... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Because there are a group of people - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that need this job and by fear they will comply..and NO I am not being mean to you, I was in that position at one point, not anymore and its sooo freeing. If it is less stressful for you to do it, or you need the money, then do it; if not,don't.
I don't fear - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have done the MOT every time it has been requested. I don't fear and I don't need this job. Heck my husband makes more in 1-1/2 of work than I make working 8 hours. I work because I want to work and right now I want to work at home. I have posted before and have said how I don't like the tactics of MModal, hate the ASR, the cut in pay, etc., but for ME I will do the best I can as an employee in my work. I will produce the best documents I can regardless of the garbage given to us to start to work with through ASR. Part of being the best employee for ME is complying with what is asked of me to do. So I work the MOT. When I'm ready to quit and leave Mmodal, I feel I will leave with my integrity and honor intact and for ME that matters.

It's a scare tactic - Homer

[ In Reply To ..]
They use to "scare" us .... Oh, no, I better work it or I'll lose my job..." Yeah, quite a while back I fell into that... NOT anymore???I haven't worked any of it... Hard enough to get the scheduled hours in, and not a great schedule either...my pay this week is going to be the worst pay for me in 5 years.. It keeps getting worse with all the jumping from one account to another, having to send jobs to QA, line count going down because from one job to the next, things are unfamiliar, have to read every client profile because they differ from one job to the next, and I've got arthritis in my fingers..AND the TLs are getting bonuses because WE are being bullied to work extra? Not this girl..
I'm hoping to quit by the end of the year or they can fire me...I'd probably make more on unemployment...

just saw the email for MOT starting today... - Toasty

[ In Reply To ..]
I get off at 7. Sorry not doing it today. Will tomorrow and Sunday, but have an obligation with one of my kids tonight...Way to short notice!

Similar Messages:

Dont Forget To
Nov 02, 2012

Since our TSM hasn't (doesn't ever) reminded us, thought I would ...

"I Would Like" Everyone To Work An Extra Hour....
Apr 02, 2015

on Thursday and Friday.  I think NOT.  Guess it isn't mandatory...who cares what they "want?"  LOL   ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Forget It.
Jul 21, 2010

Forget it!  I beyond .......  Not sure what I am going to do for the next 6 months.  Just want to finish school and get out of this profession. ...

What If I Forget
Sep 08, 2010

How long do you think I can get away with "forgetting" to do the 6.1 upgrade?  haha!  I've taken the video classes and have the codes, but I've been reading so many horrible things that I don't want to use it until the weekend, when I have time to "play" with it.  What do you think?  ...

Ever Forget How Much Transcriptionists Really Know?? Sm
Feb 25, 2010

I am training someone and I am now reminded how far I have come, how much I have learned, and the things I take for granted and assume others know.   Basic things, just proper English, not even taking into consideration the medical terminology.  Knowing whether a sentence makes sense or not.  We really should be paid better.  But it is nice to feel smart sometimes....and you know anyone who can do this job really does have to be pretty darn intelligent.   Fello ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

Don't Forget This Meeting!
Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast. Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?   ...

Is It Bad That I Don't Want To Tier Up And Just Want To Do My Job And Forget About It
Jun 07, 2013

This job has served me well for the purpose I intended. I was able to stay home with my kids while they were growing up and supplement the household income.  Now, after being with this company since 1994, I don't want to tier up or become an MME. I just want to do my job and then forget about it.  I am at the point now where I really want to retire as we don't need a supplemental income any longer.  I see all these new "opportunities" at MM and I just don't care to ...

I Forget--how Do We Log On To Enrich
Jan 22, 2014

Thanks in advance!!! ...

All Of You That Have Given Notice Or Will Be Soon, Please Do Not Forget
May 02, 2015

And tell the truth to unsuspecting MTs, consider it a public service to help people avoid bankruptcy and nervous breakdowns! I mean, really, don't you wish you had known the truth? ...

9-11 GOD BLESS AMERICA, NEVER FORGET
Sep 11, 2011

10 years ago today, I was sitting at my desk working as usual.  I get a phone call from my boyfriend (2nd in command of PD here in LV) frantically asking me if I'm okay.  I'm like what?  I'm working why wouldn't I be?  He asked I if had heard anything, to which I again said no, I am working.  He told me to turn on the TV.  I did and was absolutely HORRIFIED!  That conversation, that moment, that realization of what had happened completely ch ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Don't Forget Time Change!
Mar 10, 2012

Spring forward tonight/wee early hours tomorrow! ...

Help! I Forget What ID And Password Is Used To Get Into MM For NJA Ticket! Sm
Jan 01, 2014

Can anyone help me? I'd rather not call my abbreviation and definitely don't want to call tech support.  Much appreciated and Happy New Year to all! ...

I Forget What Is The Procedure For System Down Again
Nov 03, 2014

Jobs stuck in upload ...

Those Who Forget The Past Are Condemned To Repeat It
Apr 28, 2015

I know I saw a post when the Swap Board first came back as to why it was stopped the first time.  I cannot find it now.  We have message that it is not working the way they wanted it to work.  Imagine that. ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

In Case Anyone Forget... Sunday Morning At 2 Am Eastern Time Is DQS Maintenance...
Dec 06, 2009

Last time I forgot and lost a really long report.  Pacific Time 11 pm, in 10 minutes! ...

I Dont Get It
Mar 03, 2012

All the anger and bitterness is not going to make your situation go away or change anything. If people are unhappy, then they need to get to the root of the problem and fix it. Ultimately we as individuals have the power to determine what we will and will not stand for. So many are unhappy with their jobs and from what I can tell every company out there is pretty much the same. It does not matter where you work, if you have a bad manager/team lead/QA, then see about moving to a different r ...

I Dont
Mar 25, 2014

Numerous posts about being the highest producer in his/her region.  How many highest producers can there possibly be?  Is this by block?   ...

DONT GIVE UP
Feb 01, 2010

This board is sometimes so disheartening.  All of you new MTs, we are graduating from reputable schools, we are getting jobs and it is no different from any other occupation.  Times change, rules change, technology changes, but if we are not set in our ways and our not willing to grow, things will disappear.  We always blame everyone else, but maybe its time to look at the opportunities that do exist and concentrate on where we do want to be in 5 years or 10 years.  Peop ...

What Ever You Do..DONT Work For DIT!
Jul 18, 2010

Hi! Just wanted to give a general warning..please pass it on..it's up to us to stop these SCAMMERS! Worked briefly for DIT Transcription in NC, and caught on very fast! THIS IS A BOGUS COMPANY! They do NOT pay their MT's. Just work you till you catch on and keep promising you that "the check is in the mail". DONT BITE! Have a call into NC Atty Generals Office. Anyone have anymore stories or info as to how I recover the two grand they owe me, let me know. ...

Maybe The Difference Is Some Of Us Dont See Ourselves
Jan 22, 2011

treated as such. If you do nothing to change a bad situation, the bad situation will never change.  But I guess some, like my DS, thrive on the drama of poor me, I can do nothing to help myself, please feel sorry for me.  And others, like me, hate drama, hate being treated bad, and refuse to stand by and let it continue.  I will not let a MTSO rule my life to the point of draining my bank account, monopolizing my time and stomping on my self esteem. Why would I stay in a situation ...

In Other Words, Dont Go Anywhere
Oct 15, 2012

I Will Tell You What I Dont Love About
Nov 02, 2012

I really seriously cannot stand when the work volumes are low, having to bounce around from account to account, in and out of our own BOB. It is hard enough trying to juggle the multiple number of accounts and all of their demands in the profiles, but having to go into another BOB is just plain ridiculous. I made next to no money today, spent more time reading the 4 page profiles after each report because only twice in 5 hours did I have the same hospital. Didn't Amy say she was going to ...

I So Dont Want To Work
Sep 13, 2013

Losing PTO time had finally done it. We moved to the boonies in the 90s because I could work from home. Now no jobs around here w/o driving 150 miles a day. Just feeling defeated today :-( ...