A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone use the Ctrl-G feature on Doc 7? - not sure it is saving me time

Posted: Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access everything.  It could be worse.  It could still be doing triple lines or glitching every other report.

Can you elaborate on Doc 7?? We are going to - be starting it soon - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Are the shortcuts still the same or did you have to learn new ones?

Does the screen look the same?
Do you access account specifics the same?

Is it pretty user friendly? And how is productivity on it?

Thanks!

Similar Messages:

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

6.1 And Ctrl M
Oct 14, 2010

Is the ctrl+m/ctrl+shift+m function that synchronizes the voice file to the cursor now gone with this upgrade? ...

Is Ctrl+F7 Working For Anyone?
Oct 03, 2012

The CTRL F7 feature is to enable notification of gender mismatch, or catch that we didn't change cc to mL (if the client requests that) or positive allergens are not in all caps (again, if the client requests that.) It doesn't work on any of my accounts.  Tech supports says it has to be requested by the client, so I'm wondering if its a money issue.  Or maybe its something our CCMs have to input per client and they are overworked so don't have time to do it. So, r ...

Does Anyone Else Have Trouble With The Ctrl-M Function.....
Jun 07, 2010

The one that takes the voice to where you put the cursor?  Sometimes it works and sometimes it just does not.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.  It seems to NOT work quite a bit and I like to use that function a lot....... :( ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Footpedal Versus Ctrl Keys
Mar 05, 2012

My 6-month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just chewed through my foot pedal cord (good thing she is so cute).  I am now trying to learn to use the Ctrl keys.  It is, of course, cumbersome and uncomfortable for me.    My question is...is it worth it for my production and speed to try to get used to the Ctrl keys or purchase another foot pedal?   Thanks in advance!! ...

Keyboard CTRL/SFT Keys Don't Like ME Work
Mar 28, 2013

Anyone having trouble finding a keyboard that can hold up to the heavy use on the Ctrl and Shift keys?  I use these to block by word.  If you have any suggestions, appreciate them!  I struggle with keyboarding, especially with the numbered lists of drugs, and wonder any one transcribes these instead of edits them.  I used to do that, but got into the editing habit hoping to help Speech learn it and help my coworkers.  Tired of waiting for what isn't gonna happen.&nb ...

Just Ctrl+U'd Twice For The Last Time. Such A Relief To Be Done With This Company.
Jan 17, 2015

I hope things change for the better for those who remain.   But since willfully stupid optimism isn't really my thing, I hope everyone who is unhappy with what has become of what used to be a pretty sweet gig finds better opportunities before things get much worse.   Off to exorcise all this garbage from my computer, and then on to pastures with more life in them. ...

EMDAT - CTRL Q Goes To QA But I Cannot Find Anything On Marking Blanks
May 10, 2010

Hello!  I am about to test for a company that uses EMDAT (have not used this software in some time.  I am wondering how do you mark a blank.   The rest I think will come back to me.  I know CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks. TIA. ...

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed, When You Hit Ctrl-T To Insert The
Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me.&n ...

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

Search Feature Won't Work
Jun 09, 2015

Can someone tell me how to get into ultipro please..totally forgot and this site won't allow me to search anything ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

Using The Prior Report Lookup Feature Is
Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports.  Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty). That's a minor example.... Worrisome. ...

What Is The Deal With The Search Feature On This Board???
Aug 16, 2010

Can someone please tell me HOW to do a search on this board? I can't figure it out...never had a problem before. ...

I DESPISE The New Physician Lookup Feature.
Sep 05, 2010

So let me get this straight: I want to put a physician's name in the report.  I hit CTRL + N and start typing the last name. Before, it was nice.  The search would happen automatically. NOW I have to tell it to search (even for mandatory ADT names when you hit enter to get to the physician lookup)?  Why?  That is another keystroke that is wasted, and add to that, it was nice before that if you hit the letter 's' it would scroll to all the docs with last name ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Anyone Use The "blue Background/white Text" Feature In MSWord '03?
Oct 22, 2009

I'm wanting to use this feature to reduce eyestrain but I'm afraid that my reports will upload to my client in this format. If I use the "blue background/white text" format, does this only show for me (on my PC only) or will it show when the document is opened by anyone?  I just want to make sure that when the client gets them, they're getting the traditional white/black document and not my blue one.  I'm not even sure if the client even opens them or if they just ...

Do You Guys Report Errors In "job Search" Feature
Aug 11, 2012

In an OP note, someone put DRAINS: 40 to gravity   Should be FOLEY!!!   How are people not audited on this stuff??? Do you all report this or just ignore it? ...