A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

footpedal versus Ctrl keys - kcmt

Posted: Mar 05, 2012

My 6-month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just chewed through my foot pedal cord (good thing she is so cute).  I am now trying to learn to use the Ctrl keys.  It is, of course, cumbersome and uncomfortable for me. 

My question is...is it worth it for my production and speed to try to get used to the Ctrl keys or purchase another foot pedal?

Thanks in advance!!

Bless you heart,,GET THE PEDAL - over it

[ In Reply To ..]
I have devious german shepherds but they never bother my work stuff..Guess they realize it has a direct correlation to whether they get dog food or not LOL

E-mail support, they'll send a new one - Just Sayin NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

It's not worth the dent in your production. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Inform your CCM that your foot pedal is broken and you can't work. Call support or file a QCare ticket. They will overnight you a new foot pedal. You might get downtime for the equipment being down. That's why I use the MQ/MModal computer, so if it breaks down, I get downtime. I found that out the hard way when I was using my own equipment and it broke down, and that is why I got a company equipment.

I keep two of everyting and about 5 keyboards - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the other foot pedal and then when I got hired MQ sent me another one..I use weird ergonomic keyboards and rather then order it when it breaks I order them by the 5-pack..As we all know every keyboard is not exactly the same so it makes for YUCK if you have to find one in a hurry..They are all tax write offs anyway..I do need another set of ear phones but I keep a couple of pairs of earbuds just in case..Nothing is worse then having to slow down further because of equipment malfunction

Yes, M-Modal will send you another - Just call them and ask.

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got a new one and it was delivered within a day or two. They will send you get you another free of charge.

Similar Messages:

Keyboard CTRL/SFT Keys Don't Like ME Work
Mar 28, 2013

Anyone having trouble finding a keyboard that can hold up to the heavy use on the Ctrl and Shift keys?  I use these to block by word.  If you have any suggestions, appreciate them!  I struggle with keyboarding, especially with the numbered lists of drugs, and wonder any one transcribes these instead of edits them.  I used to do that, but got into the editing habit hoping to help Speech learn it and help my coworkers.  Tired of waiting for what isn't gonna happen.&nb ...

Esription Hot Keys And Word Hot Keys
May 08, 2013

I recently had to have my computer in the shop and they wiped my hard drive clean but the tech did not back some of my files and I lost them.  Needless to say I was upset because I had a list of esription hot keys for VR (Nuace program) and Word hot keys.  Does anyone have a list of them as I refer to them often.  TIA. ...

6.1 And Ctrl M
Oct 14, 2010

Is the ctrl+m/ctrl+shift+m function that synchronizes the voice file to the cursor now gone with this upgrade? ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Is Ctrl+F7 Working For Anyone?
Oct 03, 2012

The CTRL F7 feature is to enable notification of gender mismatch, or catch that we didn't change cc to mL (if the client requests that) or positive allergens are not in all caps (again, if the client requests that.) It doesn't work on any of my accounts.  Tech supports says it has to be requested by the client, so I'm wondering if its a money issue.  Or maybe its something our CCMs have to input per client and they are overworked so don't have time to do it. So, r ...

Does Anyone Else Have Trouble With The Ctrl-M Function.....
Jun 07, 2010

The one that takes the voice to where you put the cursor?  Sometimes it works and sometimes it just does not.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.  It seems to NOT work quite a bit and I like to use that function a lot....... :( ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Just Ctrl+U'd Twice For The Last Time. Such A Relief To Be Done With This Company.
Jan 17, 2015

I hope things change for the better for those who remain.   But since willfully stupid optimism isn't really my thing, I hope everyone who is unhappy with what has become of what used to be a pretty sweet gig finds better opportunities before things get much worse.   Off to exorcise all this garbage from my computer, and then on to pastures with more life in them. ...

EMDAT - CTRL Q Goes To QA But I Cannot Find Anything On Marking Blanks
May 10, 2010

Hello!  I am about to test for a company that uses EMDAT (have not used this software in some time.  I am wondering how do you mark a blank.   The rest I think will come back to me.  I know CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks. TIA. ...

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed, When You Hit Ctrl-T To Insert The
Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me.&n ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

How Can I Keep My Footpedal
Oct 16, 2013

It really drives me nuts.  I don't have carpet on the floor and my footpedal just constantly slides away from me.  Have to reach out with my foot and pull it back.  I tried putting a carpet square under it but that doesn't work, that slides too.  Any suggestions? TY ...

Footpedal Help
Aug 15, 2014

I currently am using a dictaphone footpedal for ExText, but I am in the process of upgrading to Windows 7 and was told the version of ExText upgrades and I need a USB-2 footpedal. Does anyone know if this can be replaced by the dictaphone or do I absolutely need to have a USB-2? TIA! ...

Footpedal Is Able To Be Used With A Laptop?
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know if a footpedal is able to be used with a laptop? Thanks. ...

Editscript And USB Footpedal
Nov 18, 2009

I have a VEC USB port. I cannot seem to get it to work in EditScript. I also have Express Scribe. Is there a way to get the foot pedal to work. Checked Belkin instructions, and there is no foot pedal listed in my ports. BTW, don't have Belkin so wont work anyway. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Footpedal Or Keyboard.sm
Mar 19, 2010

For those of you who are experienced with VR, do you use the footpedal to control the audio or the keyboard.   I am new to this.  I am used to using the footpedal but have heard from a couple of others that using the keyboard to control audio seems to be faster for them. I would like some opinions please.  Also, maybe you could tell me how long your learning curve was.  How long did it take to get your speed up to the point that you were making what you could make trans ...

Question On Footpedal
May 26, 2010

I need to know what footpedal is great to start out on to do my practice transcription? Just listening to Cd's is what I am dictating off from? The second thing what headphone would you go with also? Looking not too spend a lot of money either for headphones. Been looking in classifieds but want to hear form others first!   Thanks ...

ExpressScribe And Footpedal
Oct 11, 2010

I have used expressScribe before with my footpedal... but I have forgotten how to hook it up!!!  What I mean is I stopped using ExpressScrbice for a while and deleted it from my computer- I just re-loaed it and now I cant use my footpedal!!   Can some one help me in setting this up again?!?!  Thanks!!! Jess ...

Footpedal Question
May 14, 2011

I have a Dictaphone foot pedal, an IN-150.   Is this the same as an IN-USB1?   Thanks. ...

Footpedal - Anywhere To Get One Cheaper?
Sep 29, 2011

Anyone know a website for cheap footpedals?  What I looked at was $75.  Is there anywhere to get one cheaper?  That's for the Infinity usb pedals. ...

Footpedal Sticking
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestion to stop a footpedal from sticking?  I have to push on it several times to get the voice to play and then when I lift my foot up the voice files continues to play.  I tried blowing in it to remove dust but that didn't help.  It just started this morning and it is driving me crazy!!! Thanks in advance! ...

Footpedal With Medialplayer
Apr 24, 2012

I have this doctor who wants me to do some transcription for him at home.  He dictates on some kind of digital "thing" (his words) and then removes the flash drive from it, which he will give to me to take home.  I am to stick this in my computer and it will play the files on Media Player.  I guess I get to type in plain old Word, pretty old school.  How do I get my foot pedal to work with Media Player?  It's just your standard old generic USB connected foot pedal ...

Does MT Test Allow Use Of A Footpedal? If Not,
Feb 12, 2013

nm ...

Footpedal For Chartnet?
Jun 17, 2013

Does dictaphone footpedal work with chartnet, or do I have to have a USB-1 or USB-2 pedal? TIA. ...

Testing -- Using Footpedal?
Jun 13, 2014

Last time I tested I was unable to get the footpedal to work with it and had to use hand controls to stop start.  PITA!!!   Is there a secret to getting this to work or are there some companies whose test dictations work better with foot control?  ...

Footpedal Issues
Nov 21, 2014

Hi all. I am using the Infinity USB-2 footpedal with Windows 7.  Recently, I started experiencing a problem wherein when I remove my foot from the play switch the dictation does not stop.  I try tapping the switch again and nothing happens.  I simply have to stp the dictation manually and exit my transcription program and then reopen the file and fast forward to the spot where I left off previously and continue transcribing.  I have noticed that this generally only happens wi ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

Escription Footpedal Problem
Nov 21, 2009

I'm using a USB footpedal (9-pin with an adaptor). Usually it works fine. From time to time I can't get it to work.  It has something to do with the settings. I know how to choose a setting (COM2, COM3, etc) in Escription. But I think it has to match the setting on the computer and that's what I forget how to do.  Can anyone help?  When I have a VR job it doesn't matter but when a regular transcription job comes along I need the pedal to work.  Thanks ...

Footpedal Adapter & Other Questions
Sep 29, 2011

I am researching getting some at-home work for either medical or regular transcription via the internet.  I am a very experienced med transcriptionist but am very hesitant to work for a national company due to a previous bad experience.  Can anybody give me a rundown on what the best equipment would be?  I am looking at an Infinity USB footpedal (do I also need a 9-point serial adapter for versatility? I do have an Olympus Pearlcorder T1000 micro-cassette transcriber, but am wonde ...