A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In case anyone hasn't noticed, when you hit Ctrl-T to insert the - Kiki

Posted: Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me. 

Anyway, just a heads up for you guys to check to see if this is happening to you....only seems to happen in the body of the report, on the ADT screen thankfully.

what platform - does MQ use? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

DocQScribe/ASR - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm in an ASR chart, and it's working fine - for me

[ In Reply To ..]
both on the ADT screen and in the body of the report? Hmm????? Sorry you're having trouble!

That's the date in India....sm - Holly

[ In Reply To ..]
they put the day, month, and year in that order like that.

Oh no.... they are going to ship Kiki off to India - they already changed her date!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
KIKI--- DONT GO! Tell them you are aware of what they are doing and you are staying PUT!

Poor Kiki! - Going to India?

[ In Reply To ..]
Remember to bring your malaria pills! And some Pepto-Bismol. And oh, yea, talk with some kind of Very, Very heavy American accent and throw in some slang to make sure they don't understand you.

Haha . Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't mind getting away for a while... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
the paid-for lunches, free rides to work, the free back rubs while we work FOR 2 CENTS A LINE......NOT. ahhaha

check your settings- tools, options date format - many ways to format date

[ In Reply To ..]
You can put the date in with dashes or written out or day before month like they do in India.

It works fine for me - correct date.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Kinesis Users!! Need Insert Key
Apr 08, 2012

I am trying to learn Shorthand and I need the insert key for a combination keystroke.  Is the only insert key the imbedded one?  My brain is already on overload.  If this is the case, can you tell me a quick way to program this to use with the alt key?  ...

Can You Insert A Pdf To Become A Page In A Word Doc?
Mar 04, 2013

I am doing IMEs, and my doc wants to know if I can insert a pdf of the cover sheet he gets from the State as page one of the Word 2003 doc.  He was faxing them in to SSD  but now wants to convert to an electronic submission.  In addition, he created one pdf with 10 different cover sheets, so each one is not a separate file.  Anyone know how to do this? ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Help - Where Do I Insert Doctor Number In Report?
Nov 09, 2010

Anyone know where to insert this dictation in report:   "Doctor number XXXX" ...

Anybody Use SH To Insert Dates? Need Help With Formatting Commands
Jul 10, 2013

I have a few SH entries to insert dates - for example, ydl inserts yesterday's date using the long format (July 9, 2013).  I have one little problem though and can't seem to figure it out.     When I use the "%e" parameter, I get "July  9, 2013" with the extra space between the month and the day.  Once the days roll over to double digits this is not a problem.  If I use "%d" then I get a leading zero.  I want to be able to insert the date with a sin ...

Hasn't Received Their W2 From Keystrokes?
Feb 07, 2011

Am I the only one that hasn't received their W2 from Keystrokes? ...

Why Hasn't IRS Clamped Down On This IC Situation?
Oct 06, 2014

Can't remember exactly, but maybe 20 years or so ago, the IRS focused on MT companies using ICs, did audits on them and some wound up paying bigtime.  As a consequence, the practice of using ICs in the MT industry all but disappeared for awhile, but obviously it's gradually crept back.  I know some like it, but it really isn't a good situation for MTs because it allows companies to escape and/or avoid all kinds of employment laws, regulations and fiscal obligations that ...

Mail Hasn't Worked Since Name Change
Feb 27, 2012

My incoming mail seems to be working, but haven't been able to reply or compose outgoing mail at all since the name change. Any ideas before I break down and call support? Thanks 2 all! ...

It's Disgraceful That MModal Hasn't Made A Public Statement
Mar 08, 2014

This is an absolute disgrace.  Not just out of courtesy to the employees that break their back to earn the money they've mismanaged, but also as a courtesy to their clients who pump money into their overly fattened wallets.  What kind of a company allows an entire day to fly by on the heels of a bankruptcy announcement in the press and doesn't make a statement?  Do they honestly believe we don't know this is happening?  Surely they must know their employees a ...

6.1 And Ctrl M
Oct 14, 2010

Is the ctrl+m/ctrl+shift+m function that synchronizes the voice file to the cursor now gone with this upgrade? ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Is Ctrl+F7 Working For Anyone?
Oct 03, 2012

The CTRL F7 feature is to enable notification of gender mismatch, or catch that we didn't change cc to mL (if the client requests that) or positive allergens are not in all caps (again, if the client requests that.) It doesn't work on any of my accounts.  Tech supports says it has to be requested by the client, so I'm wondering if its a money issue.  Or maybe its something our CCMs have to input per client and they are overworked so don't have time to do it. So, r ...

Does Anyone Else Have Trouble With The Ctrl-M Function.....
Jun 07, 2010

The one that takes the voice to where you put the cursor?  Sometimes it works and sometimes it just does not.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.  It seems to NOT work quite a bit and I like to use that function a lot....... :( ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Footpedal Versus Ctrl Keys
Mar 05, 2012

My 6-month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just chewed through my foot pedal cord (good thing she is so cute).  I am now trying to learn to use the Ctrl keys.  It is, of course, cumbersome and uncomfortable for me.    My question is...is it worth it for my production and speed to try to get used to the Ctrl keys or purchase another foot pedal?   Thanks in advance!! ...

Keyboard CTRL/SFT Keys Don't Like ME Work
Mar 28, 2013

Anyone having trouble finding a keyboard that can hold up to the heavy use on the Ctrl and Shift keys?  I use these to block by word.  If you have any suggestions, appreciate them!  I struggle with keyboarding, especially with the numbered lists of drugs, and wonder any one transcribes these instead of edits them.  I used to do that, but got into the editing habit hoping to help Speech learn it and help my coworkers.  Tired of waiting for what isn't gonna happen.&nb ...

Just Ctrl+U'd Twice For The Last Time. Such A Relief To Be Done With This Company.
Jan 17, 2015

I hope things change for the better for those who remain.   But since willfully stupid optimism isn't really my thing, I hope everyone who is unhappy with what has become of what used to be a pretty sweet gig finds better opportunities before things get much worse.   Off to exorcise all this garbage from my computer, and then on to pastures with more life in them. ...

EMDAT - CTRL Q Goes To QA But I Cannot Find Anything On Marking Blanks
May 10, 2010

Hello!  I am about to test for a company that uses EMDAT (have not used this software in some time.  I am wondering how do you mark a blank.   The rest I think will come back to me.  I know CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks. TIA. ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

OK Doc...sss Nn N C End Case,, Really?
Mar 07, 2012

I know exactly what you mean but I dont know the exact wording so now I have to go back and look at old reports and try and figure it out..and then make a shortcut for it cause you always talk like a dumbass...If you would talk like a human you would find your reports get done faster and more accurately.. Do they realize that we type over 100 different doctors on any given day or do they really think we are their personal transcriptionists..Someone needs to tell them how to talk..These companie ...

Into The K? End Of The Case?
Jan 24, 2013

I don't think there is a k in the renal arteries. I just can't understand what he is saying.   Confirmatory angiography s/l  --into the k --showed wide patency of the renal arteries and excellent run-off with both hypogastrics patent. ...

Serious Case Of Bunout
May 10, 2012

I know I'm fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work from home, but I have a serious case of bunout!  I've been trascribing for 25 years and have been looking for another career after recently graduating.  In the meantime, I have to transcribe.  Anyone have any techniques they use to overcome burnout?  It seems it takes all I have lately to sit in my chair and transcribe, and I hate feeling this way!   ...

In My Case, Is Becoming An MT Worth It?
May 29, 2013

I read this message board from time to time but have never posted but am looking for advice.  Last fall I lost a full time job at a bank - which caused me to sincerely doubt my self-confidence as an employee. I then started the career step MT program and am currently about 60% compete. I recently applied and accepted a job at a local, very busy gift/general merchandise store. I like the job. It pays $9 per hour and is about 30 hours a week. There aren't any benefits.  I believe I ...

Just In Case Anyone Is Interested...
Sep 12, 2013

Very interesting article!   ...

In Case You Missed It
Nov 27, 2013

will tell you one more time what they just did to me. In my former BOB was back up to about $18/hour, getting kudos for having 100% accuracy on many reports. Then switched to a new BOB. After working for about 24 hours on the account I was audited, failed at 98.1% and immediately put on 100% QA at which point I quit. Previously I had been audited once a month (and sometimes went for months without an audit) and when I occasionally failed, was given another month to "improve." I was making 1 ...

Just In Case There Was Any Doubt
Dec 21, 2014

Spoke to someone last night that had a friend fired for Christmas. Not a transcriptionist, but a medical biller in Florida..Their work was outsourced to Pakistan..And to add insult to injury her company actually tried to tell her she had to stay and train her replacement..This is the future of anything medical, and probably anything that can be done from a remote location.. ...

KS OT Case In Texas: MTSO Has To Pay
Nov 11, 2009

There's a post buried below regarding overtime and a case lost by Keystrokes in Texas.  A KS poster (probably the owner) states "It is a lie".  It's not a lie.  Here's the publicly accessible truth. The link for the original charges is listed below this post.  The Final Judgment 6/19/09 is below and states that all Keystrokes employees must be informed.  These files are open to the public to view. -------------------------------------------------------- ...

Prosthesis Case Windowed?
Dec 15, 2009

This is a patient who has a poor fitting prosthesis and developed an ulceration on his leg. It sounds like the doctor states prothesis case will probably be windowed?  Does this make sense to anyone?  ...

Need Spelling For S/l KO Case Inhibitor??
Jun 28, 2010

. ...