A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

noise cancelling feature Headphones - Old Woman

Posted: Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations?

headphones - See mess

[ In Reply To ..]

Just got a new pair - Panasonic RP-HC55 -About $55 with shipping -  earbud type on amazon.com . you can just type in noise canceling headphones into the search function and a few should come up, they also have several reviews on them. I used to use the Panasonic RP-HC101 over the head, but they finally broke, were also very good. I don't what you what to spend, but there are plenty out there that cost way more than that.. I love both of these headphones for their quality and these earbuds are very comfortable.  Hope that helps !!

Anyone else use these? - Quality sound

[ In Reply To ..]
I am also in the market for cheaper good headphones and came across an article recommending these:

Koss KTX PRO1. I also found good reviews on them (other than they are a bit delicate ... but great on sound), and it appears you can get them for $19.00 or so. Anyone else have experience with them?

Just ordered a pair - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
Haven't received them yet, but ordered a pair from Amazon ($13).

Koss headphones - Deb

[ In Reply To ..]
I just received my pair today and am anxious to try them out.
Let us know how you like them - Curtsy
[ In Reply To ..]
I have some on the way. I got stuck paying $17 for them. Maybe they raised the price because everyone is suddenly ordering. Lol.
headphones - Deb
[ In Reply To ..]
I tried them out last night with 3 dinky little reports and I really liked them. Much better then the generic earbuds I've been using. Mine were $18 with shipping.
Mine arrived yesterday - CB
[ In Reply To ..]
..and I really like them. Lightweight, comfortable, soft headband, nice sound quality. Another reason I bought them is the volume control. I switch between straight typing and VR typing platforms that have different volumes so this saves me steps of using the mouse to open, click, and adjust the volume that way. I noticed they went up (from $13 to $17) since I ordered them on Amazon last week. When they go back down, I'll buy a couple of more pairs for backup.

Dictaphone Stereo Delux headset - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
I use the Dictaphone Deluxe Stereo headset. They work fabulously, and I can hear what most transcriptionists cannot on QA. Love them.

Do you mean these? - needtohear

[ In Reply To ..]
Dictaphone 501054 Deluxe PC Headset with Stereo-to-Mono Adaptor - Is this the headset you mean? I would love to hear more clearly!

Similar Messages:

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Noise Canceling Headphones
Nov 13, 2014

Can someone recommend a brand of noise cancelling headphones that fit over the ears, not earbuds, that work well and do not hurt your head? I've found they either don't work at canceling out the noise (we have limited in space in our apt and I have to work in the family room which is noisy) or they hurt bad because I have to wear glasses and they press on those and squeeze my head. Thanks! ...

Headphones That Eliminate Background Noise?
Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!! ...

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

Search Feature Won't Work
Jun 09, 2015

Can someone tell me how to get into ultipro please..totally forgot and this site won't allow me to search anything ...

What Is That Snapping Noise?
Jan 25, 2013

I hear it occasionally, but on one dictator it's really bad.  It's hard enough to hear him.  He talks at the speed of light, runs his words together, moves away from the mouthpiece and his voice fades into oblivion, then that blasted snapping noise on top of it all.  I can't turn up the volume because it kills my ears.  What is it? ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Using The Prior Report Lookup Feature Is
Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports.  Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty). That's a minor example.... Worrisome. ...

What Is The Deal With The Search Feature On This Board???
Aug 16, 2010

Can someone please tell me HOW to do a search on this board? I can't figure it out...never had a problem before. ...

I DESPISE The New Physician Lookup Feature.
Sep 05, 2010

So let me get this straight: I want to put a physician's name in the report.  I hit CTRL + N and start typing the last name. Before, it was nice.  The search would happen automatically. NOW I have to tell it to search (even for mandatory ADT names when you hit enter to get to the physician lookup)?  Why?  That is another keystroke that is wasted, and add to that, it was nice before that if you hit the letter 's' it would scroll to all the docs with last name ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Buzzing Noise With Express Scribe
Jan 30, 2012

Today I am having a problem with a buzzing noise on Express Scribe.  As soon as I press Play, I hear a really loud buzzing noise that continues even when a file is not playing.  Help!  My head cannot take much more of this.   ...

Has Anyone Ever Seen The Movie White Noise? Do You Ever Think Of It While Typing?
Sep 29, 2012

Sometimes while typing I hear a strange noise in the headphones and think of this movie.  Just wondering if it was only me. ...

Noise Cancellation Software Help Needed
Jul 05, 2013

Hello,Can anyone help me with a background noise problem.  I am on a search to find software that will help eliminate background noise in my audio files -- which are beyond terrible. They are mostly phone interviews and the static and white noise drowns out the voices.  Does anyone have experience with Audacity or Wavepad? If so, how well do they work?  Or any other suggestions that you might have.Thanks!Judy ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Okay. I Know As MTs We Have To Listen To All Kinds Of Noise From Doctors Dictating, But Sm
Mar 22, 2013

if I have to listen to this guy belch loudly into my ear one more time, I'm going to have a melt down.  I really wish I could tell him he needs to see a gastroenterologist, cause he really has a problem with this!!   ICK!  ...

Can You Elimate Back Ground Noise Using Express Scribe?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello, I am new to using Express Scribe and it has been a great program so far!  I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate back-ground noises so you can better hear the dictator?? a way to isolate the voice?   Just wondering- I have a alot of background noise- people, phone ringing, etc... thankyou! ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

Hum In Headphones
Mar 08, 2012

I run my headphones through my speakers because I can get a lot more volume; however, I recently moved and now I seem to be getting a hum noise.  Everything is hooked up the same so not sure what the deal is.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...