A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EMDAT - CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks - mommaMT

Posted: May 10, 2010

Hello!  I am about to test for a company that uses EMDAT (have not used this software in some time.  I am wondering how do you mark a blank.   The rest I think will come back to me.  I know CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks. TIA.

blanks - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am only a MT and not QA. We use insert time at the company I work for when we have a blank. That would be ctl alt T

Similar Messages:

How To Find Or Figure Out Blanks
Oct 27, 2009

Hi, I am looking for any ideas or tips that MT's may have as to how to find or figure out blanks. Thank you. ...

Surgery Marking Pen
Jan 26, 2010

Hard to understand doc is performing a mastectomy with what sounds like a "ski margin pen".  Any idea of what kind of marker pen he is using? ...

How Are YOU Marking The End Of Your MT Career?
Feb 09, 2012

Yes, joyfully, I am getting OUT.  Big transition.  But, I'm realizing - it's a milestone - and I feel the need to mark it in some way, or commemorate it, or honor it, or SOMETHING.  You know, (humor alert) a fake funeral where I bury my work computer, or get a trinket for a charm bracelet - I'm not coming up with any good ideas. Anyone else getting out, marking this milestone in some way? ...

Breast Tumor Marking
Oct 30, 2009

The area had been previously injected by radiology with s/l "thicknitian sufrakyloid."   This is regarding an excision of a breast tumor.   Thanks. ...

Question About QA Marking ISR Expansion
Sep 16, 2013

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I got 0.25 taken off for the dictator having dictated "temp" and the report having "temperature." Had I typed it from scratch I would have typed temp, but the ISR did it and it said "temperature," so I did not change it. Are we actually supposed to shorten the expansions perpetrated by the ISR? Now if the ISR expands BPH to benign prostatic hypertrophy I know to change it back to BPH (I have actually come across this - you think they would mak ...

6.1 And Ctrl M
Oct 14, 2010

Is the ctrl+m/ctrl+shift+m function that synchronizes the voice file to the cursor now gone with this upgrade? ...

Emdat Compatible With EMDAT And Stedman's
Jan 02, 2010

Does anyone know if Windows 7 is compatible with Emdat AND Stedman's Smarttype? Thanks ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Is Ctrl+F7 Working For Anyone?
Oct 03, 2012

The CTRL F7 feature is to enable notification of gender mismatch, or catch that we didn't change cc to mL (if the client requests that) or positive allergens are not in all caps (again, if the client requests that.) It doesn't work on any of my accounts.  Tech supports says it has to be requested by the client, so I'm wondering if its a money issue.  Or maybe its something our CCMs have to input per client and they are overworked so don't have time to do it. So, r ...

Does Anyone Else Have Trouble With The Ctrl-M Function.....
Jun 07, 2010

The one that takes the voice to where you put the cursor?  Sometimes it works and sometimes it just does not.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.  It seems to NOT work quite a bit and I like to use that function a lot....... :( ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Footpedal Versus Ctrl Keys
Mar 05, 2012

My 6-month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just chewed through my foot pedal cord (good thing she is so cute).  I am now trying to learn to use the Ctrl keys.  It is, of course, cumbersome and uncomfortable for me.    My question is...is it worth it for my production and speed to try to get used to the Ctrl keys or purchase another foot pedal?   Thanks in advance!! ...

Keyboard CTRL/SFT Keys Don't Like ME Work
Mar 28, 2013

Anyone having trouble finding a keyboard that can hold up to the heavy use on the Ctrl and Shift keys?  I use these to block by word.  If you have any suggestions, appreciate them!  I struggle with keyboarding, especially with the numbered lists of drugs, and wonder any one transcribes these instead of edits them.  I used to do that, but got into the editing habit hoping to help Speech learn it and help my coworkers.  Tired of waiting for what isn't gonna happen.&nb ...

Just Ctrl+U'd Twice For The Last Time. Such A Relief To Be Done With This Company.
Jan 17, 2015

I hope things change for the better for those who remain.   But since willfully stupid optimism isn't really my thing, I hope everyone who is unhappy with what has become of what used to be a pretty sweet gig finds better opportunities before things get much worse.   Off to exorcise all this garbage from my computer, and then on to pastures with more life in them. ...

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed, When You Hit Ctrl-T To Insert The
Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me.&n ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

MR Arthrogram With S/l "marcaine Challange" Marking Challange?? Anyone?
Aug 04, 2014

Blanks And More Blanks
Jan 21, 2010

I have just had it.  I was switched over to a horrid account, and every time I ask about being switched back, I am told to just keep on working.  The account I was switched to have horrid AMERICAN doctors as well as ESLs.  I have sat here for months listening and re-listening to no end.  We are always sent emails not to guess, send everyting to QA, well I have just started too.  No longer am I sitting here trying to guess, only to have to send the report to QA anyway.&nb ...

Blanks Yet?
Mar 09, 2010

I am so brain dead.  Are we supposed to be sending reports with blanks again? I thought this was held off until March 14th or is that just with unchecking the QA box if you do not want it to go to qa?  thanks.  between audits,lengthy emails, deleting this and that,its just a bit too much anymore.  sigh.  ...

Blanks/QA
Jul 11, 2012

Utterly confused. I took a big, BIG hit with the QA deduction in paycheck this week. So, I decided to investigate. Like everyone else, I have about 10 "regular" accounts. No blank rule is mentioned anywhere on any of the Account Specifics. I wrote the QA person for my CMC questioning how many blanks were acceptable without sending to QA, and got the "first time right" explanation. This is BOGUS...if I have one blank on a lengthy report and hafta send to QA and they take the total line ...

LPH And Blanks
Apr 12, 2013

I got a complaint from corporate that my lph are not where they should be via my TSM. I have been at MModal 6 weeks and just got off training. I was hired in at tier 3. My lph are gradually going up every day but not to suit corporate. I do straight transcription, no VR, on Futurenet. A lot of ESL bad dictators. I am still getting new dictators every day I work. It's hard to be up to par when you are still learning dictators. I work on 11 accounts. I think I am spending too muc ...

SENDING BLANKS THROUGH
Mar 04, 2010

I'm just sayin....as a radiology MT in this company for 14 years...we have always sent radiology reports straight through to the docs to review and sign (because of turnaround time)....never knew they did QA until I got new accounts 2 years ago....and have had some pretty bad foreigners.  I believe it is docs job to go over his reports anyway...he is legally responsible.. ...

Twenty Blanks To QA
Dec 27, 2010

It just occurred to me that MQ could have another card up its sleeve in order to knock down our pay, yet another scourge to get us to quit.  All it takes is more than 1 report sent per day to put my percentage of reports to over 5% to QA, which would result in 50% salary decrease.  I just had a report where ALL of the blanks were from horrible sound quality.  Words were missing, the surgeon was speaking from his speaker phone which picked up shuffling papers, you know those s ...

QA Penalty Now For Blanks
Jun 29, 2012

They are more and more following M*Modal.  Now if a report is QA'd with a blank, you will be penalized in your score for that blank, and this has been verified by a QA person, who received the new directions recently.  As I understand it, you are penalized if QA was able to find the blank either in old reports or by research, or just knowing the term.   So you have a choice, spend a lot of time on research and see your LPH plummet to minimum wage, or blank it and then be pen ...

Anyone Else On An Acct That Allows No Blanks...
Mar 22, 2013

I'm on accts that do not allow any blanks at all through to the cliient.  ALL blanks must go to QA.  I haven't ever worked on an acct that would not even allow one blank to the client.  Anyhow, might not would be so bad but the dictators are TERRIBLE!  Many ESLs also.  Combine no blanks allowed with terrible dictators = sending more to QA.  That means docked pay if 5% or more.  Oh, and don't let me forget, no samples yet.  So you have to ho ...

0.5 Point Taken Off For Blanks SM
Apr 11, 2013

I just looked at my review for March and I see all these 0.5 deductions for "blank filled in by reviewer."  There are also Valid Blanks that take off no points.   Sorry if this has been asked but did they say they were going to do this?  And if so, when?  Also, I listened to these blanks.  There is no way they can tell me 100% what was said in any of them, which is why I blanked them.  So they are guessing.  Two reports I have gone through so far are for real ...

Should We Be Counted Off For Blanks.
Jun 07, 2013

I have been taught better safe than sorry and I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years.  I am docked .05 for each blank, but the standard 3.0 (CPSE) if I got it wrong it happens to be pullled for QA.  I know this is a rhetorical question as we are all professionals, but would you leave a blank and take the 0.5 right off the bat or risk the patient on a lab value, drug name, dosage or diagnosis and take the 3.0 IF that report was pulled for QA? ...

Deducting From QA For Blanks
Aug 10, 2013

Is it common for the transcription services to deduct from our QA score now, or is this exclusive to Nuance?  I'm pretty frustrated today:  VR had said 14 cm, but it sure sounded like 40 cm, but it was an orbital rim fracture (a small area), so I was reluctant to change it to 40 without another pair of ears.  I put this in an elaboration (which we're not paid for) and found I was dinged 0.25 for my efforts (only thing "wrong" with the report).  I'm not sure I c ...