A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you guys report errors in "job search" feature - this is bad

Posted: Aug 11, 2012

In an OP note, someone put

DRAINS:

40 to gravity

Should be FOLEY!!!

How are people not audited on this stuff??? Do you all report this or just ignore it?

A newbie, huh? Recent graduate? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
;)

why would a newbie or recent grad be doing OPs - this company!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
??

With this company, who knows. Nuttin would surprise - me anymore. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
You are right. :) - my pea sized brain didnt think of that
[ In Reply To ..]
I just cant imagine even a newbie thinking "Drains: 40 to gravity" made sense. Like 40 drains were inserted??? I suppose, if the company is the example of how common sense operates, why would the MTs do any better?

lovely conversation .... where's the answer? - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Idk, but you didnt answer either - guilty as charged
[ In Reply To ..]
I would not report it, by the way.

I'm Tier 3 and I'm doing less and less ops and more plain - poop. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to be level 1 and I'm not kidding.

They are giving op reports to new MTs (not just new to account, but new MTs), because they can search out old reports and many op reports are the doctors saying same thing over and over. That's how I made money, but no longer.

Probably just one of those people glancing - through the ASR report

[ In Reply To ..]
90 to nothing making the big bucks.

Big bucks? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The only people making the big bucks are the 1%: The executives and shareholders. The MTs could jam reports through all day without even looking at them and still not get anywhere near the obscene amounts of money these gluttons are stealing. If they're lucky, they might even be able to enter the middle class for a few weeks, before they start failing their audits.

MISTAKES IN REPORTS - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to say, but if we reported all the mistakes we see, we would never get any transcribing done. I see errors every day....some major and some minor. I never report them. Many, many years ago, I did, and I was asked how I had so much extra time to report this, and that I was suppose to be typing not critiquing.

Thank you Nature. May be thats why she didn't get any answers. - There was a question similar to

[ In Reply To ..]
this last week, which I responded to. I saw this but was not going to respond until someone posted and asked where are the answers.

I dont know if she is the same person, but if she wants to report then let her go ahead and report and find out on her own.

I was not trying to critique anyone - but,

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont want to lose an account either because of such stupidity. If the client finds all of these errors, we could lose the account and then I wont have any work...

Excuse me for asking.

don't get upset - Drone

[ In Reply To ..]
it's just that we know from experience that the QA people don't want to hear from us about things like that.

Yes, you did just ask a question and got a lot of - play nice

[ In Reply To ..]
negative remarks. I know a lot of us are not happy with Mmodal right now but let's not take it out on our fellow MTs. People, she just asked a simple question!

My Job is to focus on the accuracy and quality of my - own work. Just like you saw it, Im sure that

[ In Reply To ..]
someone else has too. Thats what QCs, MMEs and audits are for. Im not the MModal police.

Thats my answer.

Answer - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
It looks like you got your answer. They don't care, then we don't care. What a shame it's come down to this kind of attitude, but it was forced on us just like everything else. There was a time when we actually cared and took that kind of question to heart. There was also a time when the MTSOs actually cared to hear about this kind of mistake. The times, they are a changin'.

It is very sad, an such a shame - pride

[ In Reply To ..]
I am shocked that it has come to this, but that is fine. Seems like the whole damn country has given up!
Sad but not surprising. Why should I, low man on pole, care more - than Vern or the CEO of facility? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just to let you - know

[ In Reply To ..]
how much they care, I had a report that I had a major error in it. It was a medication dosage. anyway on the audit I got knocked off for a major error, but they never fixed the error in the final report. When I questioned this they said that they don't resend reports that are fixed through if they have already been signed off on. So, many of the errors you have seen have probably cost an MT an error, but they really don't care about the safety of the patient because they only crucify you if you make the error, but don't send the corrected report through. Hope that helps put your mind at ease. Don't worry about seeing errors because they won't get the corrected report to the doctor anyway.

Signed reports cannot be fixed by MTSOs. Only - the client can fix that...sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked at the hospital, once the physician signed the report, it was a headache to make changes to it. Even being on-staff at the facility, we would have to go through the trouble of totally recreating the report and cancelling the other one out the system.

This is something companies cannot do, only the facilities. Once that document is signed by the physician the MTSOs have no way of making any changes to it.

They can resend - the reports

[ In Reply To ..]
to the facilities. I have caught something that I missed or something in reports and asked somebody to fix it and they did and resent it.

Turn your gaze upward. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Errors are a direct result of faulty speech-recognition technology and the pitifully low wages being paid to correct it. The responsible party is not the MT, who is slaving away at this mind-killing toil just to survive into the next day, but the avaricious parasites at the top. No matter how often the old "patient safety" guilt trip is called into service, the blame will always lie with the actions of those in charge. This is how capitalism works. When we embrace a system that values profit over people, we have no grounds for demanding compassion from the very people who are being exploited. What of compassion for the lowly MT? If we were truly concerned about patient safety, we would collectively demand that working conditions improve and that wages be increased so that these errors need not be a necessity in order that the MT may survive. When you go out of your way to report your fellow workers for trying to feed their families, you have aligned yourself with and are abetting the very sociopaths who are most responsible for this situation and thus most deserving of rebuke.

Errors in Job Search - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You could and should report it to your Quality Coach and then they could take a look and see just who is making the mistake, and if they are making more mistakes.

Similar Messages:

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

Search Feature Won't Work
Jun 09, 2015

Can someone tell me how to get into ultipro please..totally forgot and this site won't allow me to search anything ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

What Is The Deal With The Search Feature On This Board???
Aug 16, 2010

Can someone please tell me HOW to do a search on this board? I can't figure it out...never had a problem before. ...

Using The Prior Report Lookup Feature Is
Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports.  Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty). That's a minor example.... Worrisome. ...

What Do You Guys Do When A VR Report Is
Oct 02, 2013

I mean wrong as in, there will be a long run of sentences in which VR doesn't get a single word right.  I don't know WHY, because this speaker happens to speak very clearly at a decent speed and with no background noise.   Do you guys just delete everything and retype?  Do you ask your TL to be compensated as straight transcription when that happens?  Or do you make every single correction as you go along (which happens to take about 395 years to do). Also, I' ...

What Do You Guys Think Is An Appropriate Amount Of Time For Research For A Report?
Oct 14, 2009

For say a syndrome, a drug, a doctor's name/address, facility name/address, etc.?  If I think I can hear the dictation correctly I do spend an extended amount of time because I KNOW I can find it.  However, if it is ify as to what I am hearing or the spellings could be a dozen different things, I ususally send to QA because if I am not sure - it's probably going to end up to QA anyway.  I NEVER look up a doctor's name if the first name is not dictate ...

Discount For Errors In Report ?
Sep 22, 2011

I have a client that I made some minor errors in 3 reports. It rarely happens, my fault as I was rushing to get it done. Should I give a discount for the reports to the client as a courtesy? ...

Errors In My Medical Report
Mar 29, 2012

I wanted some opinions, please - what would you do if you viewed one of your medical reports on line and discovered it was full of errors?  I fell at work several months ago and needed surgery on my ankle.  As it was work related, I was requested to have a closing exam by an "independent" provider chosen by my employer's industrial insurance.  The final report was available for me to review through their website and I did so today.  It is full of mistakes, ranging from a ...

4 Major Errors In One Report!!!!
Jul 19, 2013

Never in the last year have I ever ever gotten 4 major errors in one report, I don't think I have ever gotten 4 in 3 or 4 months.  They will never be able to convince me that something hasn't changed.  I am being marked off for things that are completely ridiculous and some I don't think I even did.  Wow - what a way to start my day - makes me really want to work hard for them.  ...

How Many Errors In A 3-minute Report?
Apr 02, 2014

Well.... if it's from ILP 24.  That's after an MT handles it with 100% review, it's routed to QA automatically over there with 100% review, and then finally I get the lucky number.  Yippy!  Let's see if any others will top that today.  Sheesh.  Oh, and let's remember, Coumadin is used as an antibiotic!     ...

I Feel Just Horrible, Got 2 Critical Errors In The SAME Report....sm
Aug 11, 2013

I got a rather lengthy dictation by the most horrifying ESL physician who happened to be dictating next to the emergency room radio for traumas or something similar (bad dictator + lots of radio noise + already noisy emergency room).  I was so flustered and frustrated by the time I finally managed to finish editing it that I could've cried.  I spent an enormous amount of time in the report, and yet I was still not careful enough not to make 2 very stupid mistakes.  Yes, they ...

1 Point Errors, Critical Errors.
Dec 08, 2012

I get dinged for leaving out words like the, and others.  I am now understanding that this is not the correct policy, that others are not getting critical error, major error, off one point for this.  So, am I being singled out? Because I thought this was the norm.  I'd like to know so that while I am hanging on every word and will continue to do so, I thought I was not the only one with this...thanks in advance for the update.  ...

Which Search Engine Do You Use To Search?
Jan 11, 2014

Wondering if everyone still uses just Google, or have you found something better? Curious to know! ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

I DESPISE The New Physician Lookup Feature.
Sep 05, 2010

So let me get this straight: I want to put a physician's name in the report.  I hit CTRL + N and start typing the last name. Before, it was nice.  The search would happen automatically. NOW I have to tell it to search (even for mandatory ADT names when you hit enter to get to the physician lookup)?  Why?  That is another keystroke that is wasted, and add to that, it was nice before that if you hit the letter 's' it would scroll to all the docs with last name ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

How Often You Guys Have To Buy New Keyboard
Jun 10, 2011

I was just curious as to how often you guys have to buy new keyboards.  Seems like mine are biting the dust more often these days.  TIA.  ...