A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone? - anon

Posted: May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks. 

Fast Fox? Swift Text? - Help me

[ In Reply To ..]
Need help please!!!

Auto Correct - sherry

[ In Reply To ..]
Word 2007 Auto Correct...you can put an icon for this on the toolbar.

1. Right click toolbar.
2. Click on Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
3. Where it says Popular Command--click on arrow on the right to drop down and choose All Commands.
4. Choose Auto correct options--It looks like a lightening bolt.
5. Click on the add button in the middle.
6. Choose OK at the bottom left.

You should see an Icon that looks like a lightening bolt on your toolbar.

You can probably do the same thing for jumping around in the report by following the first three steps. Etc.

Thank you so much. It worked! Nm - Oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Everything I read online said that AutoCorrect - is not available on

[ In Reply To ..]
Microsoft Office 2007?

You're seeing online that autoTEXT is not available in 2007. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can still use your AutoText entries, but expanding is different in 2007. They also renamed AutoText as Building Blocks. AutoCorrect remained the same.

Similar Messages:

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Word 2007 - How To Set Up Autotext
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone use Microsoft Word 2007? I am having a horrible time finding out how to set up autotext.  If anyone knows, can you walk me through it.  I prefer the 2003 edition, but must upgrade..........Thanks!!! ...

Inscribe Autotext Help--Edith With Microsoft Word
Nov 29, 2010

I type for 2 different companies using Inscribe.  I'm having a problem  because the fonts in the autotexts I put in never match the new company's font and I can't find any way to edit that.  There is a command for "edit with Microsoft Word" but I am afraid to try it in case it messes something up.  Is this how I would edit the font?  Would appreciate any advice :)  ...

Importing Autocorrect In Microsoft Word
May 07, 2014

I'm starting a new job using escription and I was wondering if I need to create a file of autocorrect commands that I can import into escription or if they'll automatically be there when I log in.    Thanks! ...

AUTOCORRECT/WORD 2007
Jan 18, 2010

I recently started working at home using Word 2007.  I have put all of my shortcuts into the autocorrect feature and this has worked out wonderful for me and I am not looking to change that.  I do, however, need to find out how to BACK UP/SAVE that file!!!  I don't know what I will do if I lose all of this information! I have thought of trying Carbonite Backup, but I'm sure there is a cheaper way! TX ALL! ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Shortcut Keys
Oct 23, 2009

In Microsoft word 2007, under view, you can increase the percentage of the document from 100% and in my case to 140%.  My question is, is there a shortcut key for this?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of Microsoft Word 2007
May 19, 2011

Thanks in advance ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Office Version
Apr 16, 2014

I am in need of finding a good site to purchase MS Word 2007 Full Version.  Here is the reason:  I was working for a company and noted I had not received work in 2 days.  Then contacted TL.  She then informed me that the account I was assigned to that work was no longer available at that facilty.  Nice of them to tell me.  I babysat that computer for 2 days.  It was soooo nice of them of giving me the heads up.   Now they tell me that they can put me on a ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Question
Nov 20, 2011

I have been working in DQS and I need to take my DQS expansion list and import it into Autocorrect in Word 2007.  So far I have put my expansion list into the Word 2007 program itself as a document, but I can't figure out how to get my expansion list into Autocorrect and I don't want to have to type each one in one by one, as it is a very long list.  Does anybody know how this can be done?  Thanks. ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Backup
Feb 19, 2012

I do this every couple of months, but every time I have to really think about it  So can anyone tell me where the written instructions are on backing up my Autocorrect entries? ...

Where Is Autocorrect Located In Word 2007?
Apr 23, 2013

Where is autocorrect located in word 2007? ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - Double Spacing Issue
Mar 04, 2010

I hope I have this on the right board.  I have a test to take in Microsoft word and it's "double spacing" and I can't see how to get it to single space.  Anyone know how???  Thanks in advance everyone. ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Issue - Entries Disappears
Sep 14, 2013

I'm asking this for a friend. Her computer crashed a couple weeks ago, so she got a new computer with Windows 7. She is still using Word 2007. She has entered new autocorrect entries as she works and most of them are retained. However, when she enters an autocorrect entry for a standard template she has, like a SOAP note, the entry will be gone the next day when she comes back to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated? For those of you that are going to ...

Is Chartnet Compatible With Autotext And Autocorrect
Jan 31, 2011

Is Chartnet compatible with autotext and autocorrect used MS Word 2003 and later? I know that Chartnet has its own expander program, but I am not sure if I could use my autocorrect entries and autotext from Word in Chartnet, would it be easy to move them into that. I am not sure if I am posting on the right board, since this is only a question on this and not asking for technical help on how to do it, if it could be done. TIA. ...

AutoText/AutoCorrect File Transfer???
Mar 29, 2013

Does anyone know how to transfer autotext and autocorrect from Word 2000 to Word 2007 Professional?  I've been building the damn things for years, and I've upgraded my Word. I'd hate to have to rebuild.  HELP???!!  ...

Printing Microsoft Autocorrect Entries
Dec 06, 2010

How can I print my Autocorrect Entries from Word?  ...

Shortcut Keys Microsoft Office 2007 Home And Student
Sep 25, 2014

Recently got new computer with windows 7 (old one had Vista) and put my word office 2007 home and student back on ...my shortcut keys (like F7) for spellcheck are not working...and I want to get the spellcheck visible on the task bar...any ideas how I can fix? Thanks!! ...

Changing From Office 2007 To 2003 And How To Save Autocorrect For That.
Jun 12, 2011

I am currently running microsoft professional 2007 and will be changing to MS professional 2003 due to a job change.  I did some searches on how to copy my current auto-text (but sounds too confusing to me) and transfer to MS professional 2003.  Is there a way to do this that is not too complicated to explain?  Also, I do not have a flash drive, so can I copy this on a CD and then transfer to 2003.  Thanks for any help. ...

Autotext Word 2010
Aug 24, 2011

Does anyone know if Word 2010 has autotext, I can't seem to find it.  Thanks ...

Word 2003 AutoText Help Please
Feb 01, 2012

The screentip that comes up when typing the first letters of an AutoText entry has stopped working - and since there is no screentip, the option to insert an AutoText entry into the document by hitting "Enter" is not available either.   I can go into AutoText and "Insert" it that way, and hitting F3 inserts the entry into the document from the screen, and all my entries are in there - it is just screentip and Enter that "broke."   This happened from one document to the next.  I ...

AutoText MS Word 2003
Jun 06, 2012

I hope someone can help me.  I use Word 2003 and have most of my shortcuts in Autotext.  All of a sudden, my autotext stopped working.  I can't seem to access any of my shortcuts.  Any input would really be appreciated.   Thanks !!    ...

Transfer Autotext From MModal To MS Word
Sep 29, 2014

Hey there fellow transcriptionists.  Do any of you know how I can copy my MModal autotext entries to my Microsoft Word 2003?  Thanks so much! ...

Creating Macros And Autotext In MS Word 2003
Sep 22, 2010

I know this is probably pretty basic for most people but I just started using MS Word for one of my new MT jobs and there are a lot of repetitive phrases, salutations etc and I want to create my own macros and Autotext but can't seem to find some definitive answers on the internet. I have been working for over 20 years for a hospital who provided all the up to date auto text and macros so I didn't have to create them so now I'm lost. Thanks for any help or advice. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...