A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Suggestion on numbering feature? - NJA

Posted: Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!!

I noticed the cap thing too, but no biggie IMO. I like the # thing - Cheated

[ In Reply To ..]
Im not sure what you mean by highlighting and hitting space bar and skip marker, but if you highlight and hit backspace it puts the skip marker in.

Similar Messages:

To Do Auto Numbering In DQS,
Jan 20, 2010

I remember our CCM telling us a while back to do something like put the number sign at the beginning of each item and it would automatically convert to numbering when it uploads?  Does anyone know exactly what we're to put?  A number sign, period, and 2 spaces? ...

Ortho Rib Numbering
Feb 23, 2010

is it preferred to type ribs 1, 2 and 3 or ribs one, two and three? thx ...

Joint Numbering
Jul 22, 2010

The right hand demonstrates MCP swelling with marked limitation of motion 2-5. Is this correct or is it II-V? ...

DQS - ASR Numbering Question
Jun 22, 2011

Is there any way or any function to convert the # into numbers?  ADMISSION DIAGNOSES: # Coronary artery disease. # Atrial fibrillation. # Congestive heart failure.   Thanks for any help. ...

Alt+L Numbering - Are We Paid For This?
Sep 21, 2010

I just thought of something!  Are we getting paid for the numbering if we hit Alt+L?  Or is it the same as Headings and we don't get paid for this?  Is this yet another way to pay us even less??? ...

MQ QA I Need An Answer About Numbering. Sm
Mar 28, 2011

Now Plllleeeeasssse moderator, don't move this to some other forum.  I really do need for a MedQuist QA person to answer this question.... My original blurb was placed on here, and it was moved to the Word Board.  I got answers from others who do NOT use ASR platform of MQs.   I realize BOS2 says the number, and that is what I have been doing for about a year now. Here is the headache that we MQ employees endure. ASR seems to do whatever it wants and does NOT follow rul ...

Numbering DSM-IV Diagnoses
Jan 15, 2015

New to psych transcription.  For Axis I diagnoses, if we are to number the diagnoses (1, 2, 3, etc. does a "rule out" follow the diagnoses before it or does it get its own number?   Thanks! ...

Numbering In Word 7
Feb 12, 2015

I started with a new transcription company that wants numbering, such as drug names, aligned to flush to the left.  When it tabs over I press decrease indent and it flushes left on my document, but when I send it to the transcription company it is tabbed over.  Any ideas how to fix this??? ...

BOS 3 On Numbering Digits, Ribs, Etc.
Jun 16, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the BOS 3 says about typing enumerated ribs, digits, etc. ?  Is it "third digit" or "3rd digit?" Thanks. ...

Automatic Numbering With Escription
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone figured out how to get auto numbering to work with Escription, which uses word?  When I have it turned on..it indents the numbers...but we have to have them at the margin..a real pain to change all the numbers when you are editing speech documents...if anyone has found a way to accomplish this..would love to know... I also use instant text..don't know if there's anything I can do on that end.. ...

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Word 2003 Help - Automatic Numbering
Jan 13, 2012

I want to set my documents where they automatically number and tab over.  I have to do this every time I make a list manually.  Is there a way for it stay that way and I don't have to go in manually and set it every time?  I have went into to tools>auto correct options and set it to automatically number, but it still will not do it.  I am so frustrated! ...

Word 2003 Automatic Numbering
Jan 08, 2014

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the automatic numberine in Word.  I cannot remember.Thanks. ...

So Sick Of Punctuating And Numbering/renumbering
Jun 14, 2015

....also expanding abbreviations or un-expanding them when expanded inappropriately.  All this to say nothing of correcting the crappy MIS-recognition in the first place.  This garbage stinks, and we get paid garbage to make it look good.  Guarantee most docs think it comes right out of the hopper the way they see it in final form, and some don't think that MTs touch the work at all anymore.  They didn't understand what we did BEFORE SR and they sure don't unde ...

Search Feature Won't Work
Jun 09, 2015

Can someone tell me how to get into ultipro please..totally forgot and this site won't allow me to search anything ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Using The Prior Report Lookup Feature Is
Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports.  Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty). That's a minor example.... Worrisome. ...

What Is The Deal With The Search Feature On This Board???
Aug 16, 2010

Can someone please tell me HOW to do a search on this board? I can't figure it out...never had a problem before. ...

I DESPISE The New Physician Lookup Feature.
Sep 05, 2010

So let me get this straight: I want to put a physician's name in the report.  I hit CTRL + N and start typing the last name. Before, it was nice.  The search would happen automatically. NOW I have to tell it to search (even for mandatory ADT names when you hit enter to get to the physician lookup)?  Why?  That is another keystroke that is wasted, and add to that, it was nice before that if you hit the letter 's' it would scroll to all the docs with last name ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Suggestion
Apr 12, 2010

The MTSOs DO come this board --I was termiated today as an IC and  employer mentioned  piosts here  -- I have NEVER posted company name on here and to those before  -do not send a referance to RE: someone posted on your company  -- I may have posted but made it VERY cllear, we are NOT hiiring for the future, read and learn ...

Just A Suggestion
Nov 22, 2010

I want to make a suggestion to the MTs out there who are looking for work.  Rather than possibly posting on the Jobs Wanted board, post your resume on the Resume Bank.  I received a call a week ago Saturday from a company looking for MTs -- they have not posted openings here on MT Stars or on the other board, but they are looking.  I know this because I spoke today with the person that hired me.  He (as the company rep, mentioned that when he goes to the Resume Board), there ...

Suggestion IM
Jan 04, 2012

It would be great if we could post comments and get responses back via Instant Message.  I just recently started using the word board, but I don't think that is available.  If it is, please let me know.  That would be wonderful!!   ...