A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone use the "blue background/white text" feature in MSWord '03? - FlaMT

Posted: Oct 22, 2009

I'm wanting to use this feature to reduce eyestrain but I'm afraid that my reports will upload to my client in this format.

If I use the "blue background/white text" format, does this only show for me (on my PC only) or will it show when the document is opened by anyone?  I just want to make sure that when the client gets them, they're getting the traditional white/black document and not my blue one.  I'm not even sure if the client even opens them or if they just go straight to a printer, but I want to make sure I'm not causing a problem on their end by using this setting. Undecided

Thanks!

Won't Cause a problem - Kathleen

[ In Reply To ..]
No, this is purely visual on your end only, and this will not cause any problems on the receiving end.

I use this all the time, and it really does ease the eyes considerably. I even set Instant Text's colors to match, making it even more soothing.

How does one change this setting? (NM) - I would like to use that

[ In Reply To ..]
:

That setting is on the Tools/Options/General tab. (nm) - Cheryl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

MS Word '07 To Change Background To Blue
Oct 22, 2009

I have looked and looked in word options under every single thing and cannot find out how to change the background to "blue" instead of white.  I also think it would be easier on the eyes.  I once tried this at a different job by right clicking on the desktop and going in that way under properties, to colors, etc but ended up messing the whole thing up.  I can't afford to do that unless I know step by step how to do this.  Does anybody know how to do this in word 07?&nb ...

Meditech Question (white Screen Background)
Feb 16, 2011

How do you create canned text?  I know to use the F4, then F9 to select the canned text but I don't know how to create my own canned text. Any help is appreciated.   ...

Meditech Question (version With White Screen Background)
May 29, 2011

I used the older Meditech and had no problems.  Now we are using the newer Meditech, version 4.23a workstation.  I am having major upload/download speed issues.  Like it is taking 30 minutes to type a simple 2-minute report into the system.  The hospital employees are not having this issue but people that work from home are.  I tried to type the document in my word and then copy and paste over to Meditech but the speed is still slow.  I'm using XP and broadband internet!  IT has bee ...

Central Line Placement With Sea Of Blue, CO Blue, Seal Blue?
Aug 09, 2014

Doc is describing putting in a central line and says "Sea of blue/CO blue was used." Does anyone know what this is?? ...

Blue Cross/Blue Shield Versus MQ HRA....
May 30, 2011

I'm considering dropping to PT from FT.  I guess I'll lose my medical benefits, such as it is.  I checked on the Blue Cross/BS site and for one of the "affordable" plans for an individual, the monthly premiums/deductibles, etc. are about the same.  At first I was thinking I couldn't afford to go to PT as I need medical benefits, but now I'm not so sure.  Has anyone dumped MQ's HRA from United and gone Blue Cross and are happy with it?  ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

Msword Error
Jul 16, 2012

I work for a help desk, and my users are getting msword error when they go to view/sign documents for patients.  The error is not specific, just that msword crashed.  After closing word I get the following error on probity: A non-DocObject is open or loaded. Use File/Close to destroy it. Can someone help me out with a solution so my user can view and sign documents again? Thanks! ...

Using Shorthand In MSWord
Jul 19, 2012

Anyone know how to jump to your blank fields to be filled in (-) set up in Shorthand in MSWord?  One of the new accounts I am on requires us to type in Word and paste.  In Meditech, F3 allows me to jump to the - throughout my Shorthand shortcuts.  This does not work in MSWord.  Any suggestions? ...

Need Header/footer Help In MSWord
Feb 16, 2011

Header/footers is probably my weakest area in knowing Word.  Hopefully someone who understands them can help. On Page 1, I don't need a header. On subsequently pages, I need them numbered (page 2 of 2, or 2 of 3, etc.). On Page 1, I need a street address footer.  On the last page, I need a confidentiality disclaimer. Is this possible? ...

Comparing Line Counts In DQS And MSWord
Jun 08, 2010

Have been keep a comparison chart (DQS and MSWord) for line counts for some time....anyone else doing this? ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

Search Feature Won't Work
Jun 09, 2015

Can someone tell me how to get into ultipro please..totally forgot and this site won't allow me to search anything ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Using The Prior Report Lookup Feature Is
Mar 15, 2010

I am amazed at the huge mistakes I am seeing in finished reports.  Who hyphenates left hip hemiarthroplasty?  (The report shows left-hip hemiarthroplasty). That's a minor example.... Worrisome. ...

What Is The Deal With The Search Feature On This Board???
Aug 16, 2010

Can someone please tell me HOW to do a search on this board? I can't figure it out...never had a problem before. ...

I DESPISE The New Physician Lookup Feature.
Sep 05, 2010

So let me get this straight: I want to put a physician's name in the report.  I hit CTRL + N and start typing the last name. Before, it was nice.  The search would happen automatically. NOW I have to tell it to search (even for mandatory ADT names when you hit enter to get to the physician lookup)?  Why?  That is another keystroke that is wasted, and add to that, it was nice before that if you hit the letter 's' it would scroll to all the docs with last name ...

Epic - Partial Dictation Feature
May 11, 2011

I have a client that will be implementing an Epic EMR.  Epic has indicated to them that the providers can dictate a "partial dictation" during a note they are entering.  Epic offers them the option to have the transcriptionist transcribe that note directly into Epic.  So far, I have only been able to find MTSOs and in-house MTs who use the partial dictation feature, but have kept their old software platform (i.e., eScription, Nuance, etc) and the provider dictates into that s ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - AutoCorrect/AutoText Feature Really Gone?
May 03, 2012

Working in an office on Microsoft Word 2007.  Is the AutoCorrect/AutoText feature really gone?  I saw the Quick Parts thing, but that is very slow in our business.  Also is there any way to put in jump markers to get around in the report quicker?  I see why no transcription service uses Microsoft.  Sure isn't good for what we do.  Thanks.  ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

Code Blue
Oct 15, 2009

It is transcribed Code Blue or code blue?  Thanks in advance for your help! ...