A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

keyboard CTRL/SFT keys don't like ME work - alphamt

Posted: Mar 28, 2013

Anyone having trouble finding a keyboard that can hold up to the heavy use on the Ctrl and Shift keys?  I use these to block by word.  If you have any suggestions, appreciate them!  I struggle with keyboarding, especially with the numbered lists of drugs, and wonder any one transcribes these instead of edits them.  I used to do that, but got into the editing habit hoping to help Speech learn it and help my coworkers.  Tired of waiting for what isn't gonna happen.  My keyboard hates these blocks of time.  Guess I should time myself with a stopwatch!  Thnx again.  You all have a better day than yesterday.

I have that problem with the delete key - delete too much junk

[ In Reply To ..]
Every couple of months I have to buy a new keyboard because the HP keyboard delete key does not hold up to all my deletes!

If the ASR wouldnt put in so much junk, I wouldnt have to delete so much!

Forgot that - DEL key as well gets stuck with overuse - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for jostling my brain - Wish I could fix them instead of buy them. Any keyboard mechanics amongst us?

Similar Messages:

Footpedal Versus Ctrl Keys
Mar 05, 2012

My 6-month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just chewed through my foot pedal cord (good thing she is so cute).  I am now trying to learn to use the Ctrl keys.  It is, of course, cumbersome and uncomfortable for me.    My question is...is it worth it for my production and speed to try to get used to the Ctrl keys or purchase another foot pedal?   Thanks in advance!! ...

How To Help A Sticky Keyboard? Keys Seem To Be A Hard Touch But
Jun 22, 2014

Seems like for a while now the keys take a harder touch, sometimes they don't connect and I have to hit a key twice. it's a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard, model 1027.  I have taken canned air and blown dust and cat hair out of it,  wondering if using alcohol swabs gently in each key mechanism might help?  Space bar works well, seems to be only specific keys that stick or don't connect well. Backspace is one of the sticky ones.   Any suggestions apprec ...

BayScribe - Utilize The Function Keys On The Keyboard Instead Of A Foot Pedal
Mar 05, 2011

I have never used the BayScribe platform, but before I move forward with future prospects utilizing such, I would like to know if it is possible to utilize the function keys on the keyboard instead of a foot pedal - on BayScribe.  I appreciate any feedback.  Thank you.   ...

Esription Hot Keys And Word Hot Keys
May 08, 2013

I recently had to have my computer in the shop and they wiped my hard drive clean but the tech did not back some of my files and I lost them.  Needless to say I was upset because I had a list of esription hot keys for VR (Nuace program) and Word hot keys.  Does anyone have a list of them as I refer to them often.  TIA. ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

6.1 And Ctrl M
Oct 14, 2010

Is the ctrl+m/ctrl+shift+m function that synchronizes the voice file to the cursor now gone with this upgrade? ...

Anyone Use The Ctrl-G Feature On Doc 7?
Apr 16, 2012

Just curious if anyone is using it.  It is supposed to save us keystrokes (like they really care) but I turned it off after the first 2 lines of my first ASR report.  I was wasting more time than usual trying to attach and reattach and didn't see a benefit.  I would love to hear if someone has found it beneficial.  Otherwise the new 7 is fine.  I love being able to change the font size and type to whatever mood strikes me for the day.  Same keystrokes to access ...

Is Ctrl+F7 Working For Anyone?
Oct 03, 2012

The CTRL F7 feature is to enable notification of gender mismatch, or catch that we didn't change cc to mL (if the client requests that) or positive allergens are not in all caps (again, if the client requests that.) It doesn't work on any of my accounts.  Tech supports says it has to be requested by the client, so I'm wondering if its a money issue.  Or maybe its something our CCMs have to input per client and they are overworked so don't have time to do it. So, r ...

Does Anyone Else Have Trouble With The Ctrl-M Function.....
Jun 07, 2010

The one that takes the voice to where you put the cursor?  Sometimes it works and sometimes it just does not.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.  It seems to NOT work quite a bit and I like to use that function a lot....... :( ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Is It Just Me Having Problems With The Shift/ctrl/M Feature?
Jan 18, 2010

The one where you can hit shift/ctrl/M or control M to take the cursor to the voice and the voice to the cursor.  It's a really handy feature but I find that about half the time (more recently!) it just does NOT work.  I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's something I'm somehow messing up to stop it from working?  TIA :) ...

Just Ctrl+U'd Twice For The Last Time. Such A Relief To Be Done With This Company.
Jan 17, 2015

I hope things change for the better for those who remain.   But since willfully stupid optimism isn't really my thing, I hope everyone who is unhappy with what has become of what used to be a pretty sweet gig finds better opportunities before things get much worse.   Off to exorcise all this garbage from my computer, and then on to pastures with more life in them. ...

EMDAT - CTRL Q Goes To QA But I Cannot Find Anything On Marking Blanks
May 10, 2010

Hello!  I am about to test for a company that uses EMDAT (have not used this software in some time.  I am wondering how do you mark a blank.   The rest I think will come back to me.  I know CTRL Q goes to QA but I cannot find anything on marking blanks. TIA. ...

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed, When You Hit Ctrl-T To Insert The
Aug 11, 2010

current date into the body of the report, it's puts the WRONG date.  For example, I just noticed that it put 11/08/2010, and of course it's 08/10/2010.  So, I may have been inserting the incorrect address until noticing this.  Does this happen with anyone else or just me?  Is it a stupid "upgrade" glitch.......or is it just another way that QA can ding us and get us below 98%.   I hate sounding so paranoid, but that is what working for MQ has done to me.&n ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

KEYS THAT PLEASE
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone know of a company called Keys That Please out of CA. ...

B's Keys In Texas
Dec 06, 2010

Anyone have experience with a company called B's Keys in Texas?  I can't even find a website. Thank you. ...

Mayfield Keys...
Jul 11, 2011

Is it   -   Mayfield-Keys head holder fixation ? ...

Do Any Of You Use Jump Keys?
Mar 12, 2014

Hello! Do any of you use jump keys?  For example, I have asterisks (*) in all of my templates in places where I need to insert something (vitals, he/she, etc.).. I made a macro that says anytime I use a quick key (for me it was Alt+x), it would jump to the next asterisk and I could quickly type whatever needed to go in that spot.  I recently had some new software put on my computer and it completely took out that macro.  This is bad because these jump keys are a HUGE timesaver!  Unfortun ...

B'S KEYS TRANSCRIPTION
Mar 17, 2014

Be on the look out for B's Keys. I was training and worked for them for a while and they did not pay me. I said for hours for weeks working and never recieved a paycheck and when I questioned this they decided they did not need me anymore. Filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau. ...

Expansion Keys
Aug 11, 2014

Anyone else missing ALL their expansions other than headings????  I expected nothing less than what's happening today with this transition.  So frickin' typical. ...

Keys That Please E-mail
Feb 15, 2015

I've been out of the MT game for 6 months now and got this email stating she's responding to MY interest in her ad(of course, I don't remember).  Any info on her/company??  She wanted to to complete my test but forgot to attach the tst file ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

What The Meditech Shift Plus F Keys Do
Apr 15, 2010

I am looking for anyone that has some information on what the Meditech shift plus F keys do.  For instance, if I am editing in a document and want to change the font to bold while in the document, how do I mark the text I want to change and then bold it?  I have just been assigned a new account and it is driving me crazy. I used Meditech many years ago and have forgotten how to do a lot of the functions. Thanks in advance.   ...

Extext Shortcut Keys
Jun 03, 2010

I am working in Extext and I need to center headings..etc.  Does anybody have a list of shortcut keys I can use so I do not have utilize my mouse so often?  Thanks!   Lisa ...

Anyone Know How To Turn On ALT/Control Keys In DQS?
Jul 22, 2010

I must have accidentally put in a command to disengage these functions in a document and I am straight-typing everything!  Other than closing the program and starting again, if you have any suggestion, would TYIA.  Have a productive (i.e. GOOD) day everyone. ...

ExText - What Are Programming Keys?
Oct 13, 2010

I currently work on Extext doing VR.  Can anyone compare this platform to others for me.  I have no idea if it is good/bad.  Also, I don't know if I'm understanding all this talk about expanders.  I use expanders just through my spellcheck setup.  I don't exactly understand "programming keys"....Someone please fill me in.  I really need to get those lines up. Thanks! ...

Any Ediscript MTs.... How Do You Use The Shortcut Keys?
Jan 22, 2011

Hi all, Any MTs who work on Editscript.  Do you use the shortcuts recommeded by the program or do you do your own workaround and remap keys or use Shorthand to map a different key to do the same or a combination of key commands.  I tried using shorthand to overide the other key commands in Editscript and it will not let me.  I like to use my ALT K and ALT J keys to move forward and back in the report rather than CTL right arrow or left arrow, but it will not let me create that in ...

S/l  Warren-keys Encephalomalacia
Oct 11, 2011

s/l  warren-keys encephalomalacia ...