A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the average line rate per hour or per 8 hour shift? - mel

Posted: Apr 21, 2011

Hi:
I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also.

Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

MeL

lph - sleepyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My employers requires 1200 lines per 8 hour shift. .so you can figure that amount. That is the minimum.. the more we do, the morer we get paid line wise. I usually type about 180 to 225 an hour. Depends on doc and depends on my hands LOL. Hope that helps.

Lines per shift - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I do 1800-2000 lines per 8-hour shift (high ESL account).

Similar Messages:

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

What Is AVERAGE Line Count Per Hour For An MT To Type
Aug 17, 2013

Just wondering, what is an Average line count per hour for an MT?  I worked in a pathology office for almost 5 years, but we never kept count of lines per hour.  When we pulled an audit once, we were only typing about 700-800 a day between myself and the lady I worked with.  I had to pull all the slides for the doctor, help with grossing, assist in frozen sections, etc.  I was hired for a job where they want me to type 135 lines per hour, that's ...

What Is The Average Line Count That MTs Can Edit Per Hour?
Mar 26, 2014

Thinking of applying at Nuance, what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour? ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Average Pay Per Hour
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know what the AVERAGE transcriptionst makes per hour?  Most are paid per line now, but I am just wondering what people are earning per hour.  I am a transcriptionst working for an orthopedist.  I have 15+ years experience and have been working with this company for a few years now.  I am currently being paid 13.90 per hour.  I am an independent contractor, so no benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.  For some reason I just feel like I am being paid very low consider ...

Amphion MTs - How Much $$ Do You Average Per Hour?
Mar 30, 2013

OK - I'm considering this company. I would love to hear from any Amphioners how much they average per hour and how long it took to get there.  I know the training pay is $10/hour, so I'm sure its more than that.  If you care to add which team you're on, that would be nice, too.  ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

How Much Do You Consistently Average Per Hour As An MT
May 17, 2015

nm ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

What Is A Good Average Lines Per Hour On Meditech?
Mar 30, 2011

I have just started on Meditech.  Never used it before.  I am a long time veteran of 30 years, but this sure doesn't seem like a very productive program.  Any productivity tips??  I just wondered what a good average lph rate would be. ...

A 2-hour Shift Tonight, Then I Am GONE...
Dec 16, 2011

Ahh, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.  :/ ...

Is A Three Day, 12-hour Shift Difficult To Do?
Apr 11, 2014

Unit Secretary Job Description:  Prior experience in a medical unit or medical office support position preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, graduate of a Medical Assistant or Secretarial Training Program preferred.  Written and spoken use of medical terminology required, successful completion of a medical terminology course preferred. Basic computer expertise in Microsoft Office.  Full time.  Shift will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., three days a week.  Days ...

Nuance 14-hour Day Shift (6A-8P) !!!
May 17, 2015

Forget shift differentials with this joint, too.   Can you imagine being the parent of one of these goons? I'd be so ashamed. ...

One Hour Into My Shift, Did A Whopping 2 Jobs!!!
Feb 26, 2013

On a brighter note, did 2 loads of laundry and mopped the floor!! ...

One Hour Into My Shift, Have Had 3 Jobs. Guess I'm Done For The Day
Feb 28, 2013

Waiting..waiting..waiting.  No work coming up. Guess I'm done.  Today, had a whopping 3 jobs. ...

It Is Only 1 Hour Into My Shift, And My Hands Are Shot Already
Jan 05, 2014

So many corrections and so much missing punctuation that I an excruciatingly sore already! I was barely able to move my hands last night because they hurt from so many corrections. Grrrrr ...

How Many Lines Required An 8-hour Shift For Editing?
Feb 21, 2010

Does any one have any requirements for editing for an 8-hr shift?  I know for straight typing is usually required to type 1200-1500.  Thanks in advance. ...

Audio Hour Going Rate?
May 09, 2011

I am trying to bid a job and never before have done so by the audio hour.  Is it correct for 1 hour of audio usually 4-5 hours of typing? what would be an acceptable rate ? thank you ...

Rate Per Audio Hour
Sep 01, 2011

I am applying for a position for a company, and in the application they ask what your "desired rate per audio hour" is. So far in my application process, I have only come across desired rate per line, so I did not know how to answer this question. Just out of curiosity, what is the average rate per audio hour for MTs? ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Is $12/hour The Normal Rate For QA? Seems Kinda Low, But I'm Nm
Apr 26, 2012

ssss ...

What Does 1200 Lines Per 8 Hour Shift Equal In Words Per Minute?
Jan 03, 2012

What does 1200 lines per 8 hour shift equal to in words per minute? ...

Benefit Rate Went Down $3.00 An Hour, Just In Time For Vacation
Jan 17, 2014

Just great. Even though it says on their little line count thing that I do 488 lines per hour, benefit rate goes down $3.00 an hour. I didn't do that many before so what gives MM? ...

Average Rate Per Line In California
Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself! ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

No Longer Taking 2 Hour Tests Without Knowing Rate Of Pay. Join Me?
May 17, 2012

I've made a corporate decision.  For myself. As of 4:00 EST, on May 17, 2012, I will never again apply, or waste 2 unpaid hours of my valuable time testing for ANY company which does not list CPL or hourly pay in their job listing. I will also be submitting my own "EMPLOYER HANDBOOK" to potential employers, addressing wage transparency, full explanation of pay rates, and precise factors by which "hourly" or "minimum" wage amounts are arrived at. I ...

Line Count Per Hour
Apr 06, 2013

Does anyone know how we find our line count per hour?? ...

No Line Counts Showing Last Hour.....
Jun 07, 2010

Is anybody else having a problem with slow appearing line counts?  I'm really wondering what's going on today.  There's been no CCM or QC emails either.  Very curious!!!  ...