A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ASR productivity statistics rant - MTatMQ

Posted: Oct 25, 2011

Regarding ASR productivity statistics, measured in ines and hours.  If the goal is to minimize the difference between gross and net LPH by decreasing inactivity length, then instruct all dictators to stop eating, talking to others, pausing, etc when dictating, and stop telling me to limit my time spent researching in one instance and then in another I'm being told to use the multiple resources available--you can't have it both ways!

Regarding total mouse clicks:  Get real!  If I'm already exceeding LPH, why do you care?  Obviously this is efficient for me.

Regarding total inactivity length:  This is the real world and I am working at my home and sometimes things happen.  For the person counting mouse clicks, I am not a machine an therefore there will be inactivity!

Lastly, telling me for questions to reach out to my CCM.  What a joke.  I am not a customer and believe me, I don't think my CCM really cares about me!

Thanks for listening.  Please no harsh criticism, this was just me venting for the week.

could not have said it better myself......nm - coolbreeze

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Exactly! Reason I am suspicious. - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
If this program can track all our movements click by click, makes me wonder how they are counting lines for our paychecks.

I know this is a learning tool, but just blew me away. I would like to have a tool like this for management. After all, we are just trying to help them be more productive.

Time for new contracts.

Call me suspicious, too, but... - Grammy

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried to eliminate all distractions and really grind but it seems that I produce the same amount of lines as when I don't work as hard. I don't get it. I know I am probably being paranoid but with this company, I have good reason to be.

Track your lines, compare with other line cts, look at the - payroll documents you are paid on. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It is pretty simple, really. Just addition. Go look, it will help you know what is going on.
What????? nm - Adios
[ In Reply To ..]
////
You can look at version of the document you are paid on. That will tell - you what you are being paid on in SM
[ In Reply To ..]
each document. If there is something that doesnt make sense, you can ask specifically about it. You dont have to rely on I think, I feel, it seems to me. You can ask a specific question that may get answered before a more vague complaint is. Just seems to me if you are familiar with the documents you are paid on, you will have a better idea if, and how, you might be being taken advantage of.
Version of document? - Adios
[ In Reply To ..]
Version of document you are paid on? I don't understand what you are saying. Where do I look and who do I ask the specific question to? I really, really want to ask specific questions, so if you can direct me to the version of the document I am paid on, I will definitely follow through. I just don't understand what you are talking about. This sounds foreign to me.

Again, where do I find the version of the document I am paid on?
Thread 1/2 way down that you posted to. Under Ok here is what I do... - explains the payroll doc & how to find.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Okay, looked at both - Adios
[ In Reply To ..]
Pulled up my check on Ultipro, pulled my line count on DQ for same time period. Way off. Any ideas why that would be? Showing as piece units on Ultipro. Shouldn't this be lines?
I have no idea. I havent been here that long myself. Time to start bugging - people til you find the one that SM
[ In Reply To ..]
can explain this to you. But at least now you have specific questions you can answer, you are not just going on what you think may be going on. You have hard proof. Time to start emailing, many and often. You know what they say about the squecky wheel? I have found it to be true.
In Documanage, select one day and in the report type pull down - click detail and then run report. That SM
[ In Reply To ..]
will show you the individual jobs for that day. Click on a job and then on job view, click payroll. That is the document that job is paid on. At the bottom is the calculation of how that job will be paid. Just simple addition, really, easy to understand. I think you will find the actual calculations pretty straight forward but what happens from there I am not sure yet. But the more familiar you are with all aspects of how you are paid, the better questions you will know to ask when asking management about what is going on.
You can look at version of the document..... - corkie
[ In Reply To ..]
Not trying to be mean here, but with the Q's underhanded history I don't trust anything they do and you state "you might be taken advantage of." In case you didn't know or maybe being taken advantage of doesn't pertain to you, that's all MQ has done for the last ++++ years, don't ya think?

Besides do you really know how their computer programs are programmed?? I'm not an expert on the hardware aspect of computers by any means, but any computer program can be adjusted/tweaked by programmers.

Also, I think Adios was just making that as an aside comment and not meaning that she/he couldn't find out her line counts.

enuf said - if ya want to flame, go ahead if it makes ya feel better - it won't bother me.
to Adios and SM - you can look at version of document..... - corkie
[ In Reply To ..]
oops, sorry to both -- didn't read posts further down and didn't realize that Adios is looking for help on line counts.

The fact of the matter is that getting an answer to anything from anyone at the Q is like pulling teeth and when you do get a reply it's vague or it's left you more confused than you originally were. That is why a lot of MTs who find this board do come here for help because it takes forever for anyone to get back to you -- that is if you're lucky to get any response at all. It is very disheartening as when it comes to your pay of course you want to know what the heck is going on.

Facts are facts - the Q doesn't care about our concerns.
No, I agree with programming statement. - Adios
[ In Reply To ..]
I do know how to pull up my line count, know how to look at my paycheck.

I am just suspicious about what is counted in the line count. Like you said, we don't know what their programming "counts."

I do look at my most amazing paystub. That in itself should be illegal. And I do pull up my line count.

But like others have said, my line count puzzles me.

Now that I have questioned all this, I may be without insurance soon, as it has been brought to my attention I am not hitting the minimum to meet the benefits requirement.

I so agree about pulling teeth. I emailed human resources and now they have forwarded my email, meanwhile suggested I contact my cm to get answers.

I don't know why I don't just give up, but it just does not seem right. I can't seem to let it go until I at least get some answers. This is America for God's sake.
With payroll document, you can SEE what is counted, what is there - to be suspicous about. As bad SM
[ In Reply To ..]
as it might be as far as line count, it is right there. You see what how the count is arrived at, you have the total lines at the end of the payroll docuement and you can go and verify that that amount of lines is what is on your statistics and what you are getting paid. It is right there. I dont understand what there is to question. It is all on that document.
What is there to be suspicous about, from above, is a - question. Should end with ? not a period. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Have you ever looked at a payroll document? Easy enough to track lines - apply your rate and compare to paycheck.nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
That wasn't my point though - Grammy
[ In Reply To ..]
I do check my line count often and, of course, check my paystub. What doesn't make sense to me is that even on days when I have awesome reports and don't get distracted, I still have the same line count as on days when I have horrible reports and don't grind as hard. I don't think they would be stupid enough to rip us off again but you never know.

suspicious x2 - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
Some days I feel like I'm really going strong and can't wait to see my line count - only to find it's about the same as always, which is just keeping my head above water. I honestly feel like lines are being shaved off not only to pay us less but to also keep cracking the whip over our heads. Sometimes I wonder if they have management meetings to discuss how to lower the morale even more than it is.
It is easy to see when they are shaving lines. That happened at - another MTSO I worked at using DQS SM
[ In Reply To ..]
It was right there on the payroll document. All your pay info is on that document. If you are unsure, c&P the body of a document into Word. Then run a character ct on it. Next, you could even d/l the headers and run a character ct on it. Divide your character ct by 65, which we all know, is your line count. Then go to Documanage and pull up that same job, go to payroll document and compare what Word line ct versus what MQ line ct is. My last MTSO was stealing lines from the workforce and it was easy to see, when someone finally just took the time to look, really look, at a payroll document. From what I can tell, MQ may be a lot of things but they seem pretty straightforward to me about how they figure your pay. Take it from one who has been cheated and taken advantage of and lied to. Seems to me the issue is whether the dictators are one you can make money on. If you have to spend time relistening, slowing down the speed, etc, I dont know that anyone could make a living doing that, even with straightforward pay calculation.

MQ really does this? Why do they need these stats??? How I wish - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
I knew how long I actually have before I'm thrown into all this craziness because that is the day I'm out of here if I'm not already. I'm hoping that I'm safe till the end of the year. Oh how I wish that email said I was laid off rather than MQ was taking over the world....I am in such denial that the only thing I do at this point is punch in and out (very degrading when you work at home PRODUCTION). I have never visited MQ Central and don't know anything else about this company. Unfortunately it is so different and even more ridiculous than when I worked there a few years ago. You have every right to vent about this report. It just seems like such a waste of time and just something else to make their "valued MTs" feel more inadequate.
Unbelievable.

Shortcake, I am in denial with you...sm - wasHappymt

[ In Reply To ..]
Former eTrans here too. I wish my crystal ball was working these days and I knew how long before the bottom falls out. I want my old company back!! :( Did your supervisor from eTrans stay on? Thankfully mine did. I really like him (big clue there). Good luck to you, and if you run across a great company in the meantime, clue me in!

ASR Productivity - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Stupid me used to actually try to improve my productivity report. Then 1 day a light came on, why if I was constantly getting fewer mouse clicks, less "inactivity" time, and doing everything I was basically supposed to do, wasn't my pay going up? Never did figure that one out. And, when I did eventually start producing a bit more my line rate got cut....didn't take me long to see how far in the toilet I was with the Q taking over. A little over a year after they acquired my company of 9 years, I left....no long an MT, but my bills are getting paid with a little left over!

bravo, very well said - just want to work

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

ASR productivity - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one guilty of using a sinful number of mouse clicks, and using too much time making sure the doctor's name is correctly spelled or the correct instrument is being inserted into the report. Since the reprimand, I'm trying very hard to use only the keyboard functions, but I find the process so much slower than just clicking through. This whole minute monitoring has made me feel so unappreciated and uncaring about a job I used to take pride in.

Absolutely agree. This is one "tool" I wish they - would abandon.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not helpful in any way, only makes me angry and feel even more like a loser. I, too, tried to reduce mouse clicks and inactivity time to show "improvement" on this stupid report. I saw no change and certainly no more money on my paycheck.

Counting mouse clicks is absurd. I think I'll start just - randomly clicking my mouse - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for no reason, whenever I'm backing up to re-listen, or researching, or sitting there with no work to do. It would be interesting to see just HOW HIGH I could get my mouse-click count to go! If it's possible to start getting astronomical mouse-click numbers that way, maybe it's time for a contest - to see who can get the most mouse-clicks in a pay period.

Randomly clicking mouse - LOVE IT! - quit

[ In Reply To ..]
I left MQ almost 2 weeks ago, and I got that first ASR report the week before. I turned on my MQ computer yesterday just to see if I could still get into the email, etc. There was another ASR report in my email. Geez!!

These reports are the absolute prime example of micromanaging on Earth!

If I was still working there, I'd definitely join you in a contest for the most astronomical mouse clicks count. Your comment made my day, thanks ;)

Similar Messages:

DEP MT's And ASR Productivity Statistics
Nov 11, 2011

Does anyone get emails weekly or every other week with their statistics for DEP and ASR?  I've been getting these and it includes suggestions to get more productivity such as, using left/right arrows, ctrl+shift+left, etc.  It also give me total gross AST activity length, length of time an ASR job is open, length of time spent making changes to an ASR, total inactivity length.  I don't know what to think about this, except that they want more work out of me. ...

I Wish They Wouldn't Send Productivity Statistics...
May 03, 2012

It just ticks me off and makes me feel stalked.  I find it extremely negative and not helpful at all. ...

Noticed Anything Strange About The Productivity Statistics?
Oct 10, 2012

My latest one says I had only 2.3% inactive time.  I'm like, yeah, right. ...

ASR Statistics - I Don't Get It.
Jul 16, 2012

I don't understand the difference between (statistics for production including inactive time) "Your Gross/Active Lines Per Hour" and "M*Modal Average Gross/Active Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the "M Modal" lines being less. Then there is (statistics without inactive time, ie what they think you should be producing) "Your Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour" (-inactive time) and "M*Modal Average Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the M Modal count be ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

Production Statistics
Jun 21, 2012

Here's what I think is the reason for the production statistics and what I think is going to happen this summer.  I believe that MM will say they are reducing ASR pay to 4 cpl across the board and that we can all increase production by following the recommendations in their emails.  I hope I'm wrong but if this happens and I get 2/3 of what I am making now, they will get 2/3 of the editing I am doing now until they figure it out and fire me.  ...

Daily Statistics
Jan 29, 2015

Wondering how 1 job sent to QA because of dictator being a mush mouth can equate to 9%.  Doesn't make sense to me.  ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Interesting Statistics Regarding ESL Physicians
May 08, 2011

If you think you are getting more and more ESL dictators, you are probably right.  According to a public website, there were 2130 Visa petitions/applications and 748 Green Card petitions/applications for PHYSICIANS for the year 2010 alone.  That does not include all the ESL physicians that came into the United States over the previous years.  Yes, some applications were denied, but why do these hospitals feel they need that many foreign physicians to begin with.  If you are ...

ASR Proficiency Statistics - So Much Wrong With This!
Nov 16, 2012

I scored low in everything - key strokes, playback speed, editing while audio is playing, etc. Everything they advise plays havoc with accuracy!!!! If I did what they advise me to, I would flunk an audit so bad. I might as well just read the document and edit what looks wrong. Nevermind that reading the document won't do any good because ASR leaves out text, adds text, puts in wrong numbers in the labs, etc. ...

With All The Statistics MMmodal Likes To Keep On Us,
Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of? ...

Fluency's Statistics Inaccurate
May 22, 2013

I've noticed for about a month now that when I compare the number of jobs I've done per day on my daily log sheet to Fluency's, it doesn't match. There are usually one or two, sometimes three jobs fewer than what I've actually done. I figure I'll only get minimum wage anyway, so I haven't reported it, but I would like credit for what I do. I wonder if there's a way someone else can be syphoning off my completed work and getting credit for it. ...

Weekly Emails Detailing ASR Statistics.....
Nov 05, 2010

How about giving me some straight typing and compare that productivity rate to the ASR productivity rate????? But they can't take the truth! I'm sure my productivity rate will be low ..... and then they will tell me how to improve my ASR production! ..... I doubt it. I already use the short cuts. Nothing will help with reports needing multiple corrections per line. Sure, I can Ctl M to supposedly get me to the place I need, but that never brings me to the exact spot, so I have to ...

Got My ASR Production/inactive Time Statistics ;)
Jul 10, 2012

Of course I'm over the "target". Hmm.... they us answering the phone, searching the internet and walking away from the work station. One huge cause of inactive time they are conspicuously leaving out is taking the time to read client profiles! - Especially when I am getting many jobs outside of my usual BOB. I'm happy to do a good job - follow the CP, make sure I have the right drug and dosage because the doctor can't pronounce the drug well enough, find the correct name of a s ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Boy, According To Ongoing Statistics, Every Time A Get A Straight
Mar 08, 2013

typing job, my line count shoots up, and then, the longer I do ASR, the count progressively drops lower and lower. Very aggravating to have to do this horrible ASR we are given. Too many corrections! Too much time to format! Feeling so poor (money) and aggravated, but I start paralegal training next week! Only need this job 11 months (or maybe less as some people find jobs before they finish training!) ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Job Outlook For MT
Mar 20, 2013

From the BLS website: Job Outlook Medical TranscriptionistsPercent change in employment, projected 2010-20Other Healthcare Support Occupations - 25%  Total, All Occupations - 14%  Medical Transcriptionists - 6%  Employment of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow 6 percent from 2010 to 2020, slower than the average for all occupations. The volume of healthcare services is expected to continue to increase, resulting in a growing number of medical tests and procedures, all ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Inaccuracy?
Jan 13, 2014

I'm a pretty new MT. I've only been working for about a year. I didn't know how little I was going to make when I trained for this--more or less minimum wage. If one were to research it even today on the Internet, they wouldn't know either by looking at government site Bureau of Labor Statistics. According to its site, the median wage in May,2012 is $34,020. That would make it about $18.00 hour, which I'm sure would make you all stop complaining. So has medical tran ...

MT Survey For Statistics Class Project
Oct 10, 2014

Hello Medical Transcriptionists, Past and Present!  I'm doing a survey of current and former MTs for my Intro to Statistics project.  Your participation would be deeply appreciated!  Answers are confidential.  I’m collecting data about MTs in the USA - what they know, what they have experienced, and what they think.  Data will be compiled, analyzed and presented in a final report.   Please consider adding your voice to this project.  Your input ...

New Time Discrepancy Added To Statistics
May 27, 2015

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this new time discrepancy that has been placed on the statistics every pay period now.  Do they expect you to sit for 8 hours solid and not even get up to go to the bathroom for goodness sakes now. ...

Fluency Statistics Not Accurate For My Latest Shift
Dec 04, 2012

After a complete 8-hour shift, my statistics in Fluency as well as my Job Upload History in DocQScribe show me as having corrected (SR) 9 reports for a whopping total of 357 lines.  There is no way that this can be correct.  Did something happen to some of my uploads or is anyone else having this problem? ...

What The Q Has Done For (or To) Me (rant)
Feb 06, 2010

I was thinking about this earlier today.  I worked for a lot of years in hospitals doing MT, worked for doctors doing the same (I often had doctors try to steal me away from the hospitals I worked for to go and work for them but I'm loyal to a fault and it sometimes gets me hurt), and when I was just working for a doctor to cover for a transcriptionist on vacation, I was always asked back for the next vacation.  Always had perfection with my reports, never ever had an issue w ...

May I Rant?
May 17, 2010

I work for a small MT company that put me on a small account with 4 doctors, and I was told that I'd be the only MT.  Within a week it was obvious someone else was taking all the work, and I was told that this other MT was only supposed to take jobs "when necessary."  However, she takes all the jobs the second they show up.  Despite watching like a hawk for 10 hours a day, I get maybe 35% of the dictations overall, and the whole time I know that this other MT has OTHER work s ...

DSG Rant. (sm)
Aug 30, 2010

I have tried to give DSG a chance because I really hate changing jobs, but damn... this ASR gets worse every single day. I thought I was developing a rhythm and some speed with it finally and now it can't complete a single solitary sentence in any report I've had in the last three days without a serious error. It doesn't even come CLOSE to typing what the dictator very, VERY clearly says. I don't understand how ASR works, but how can it be getting worse all these months af ...

My VR Rant.
Jul 21, 2011

I think I could really make good money on VR if I was the only one on my account or if it learned specifically to each person editing.  I'm getting so tired of working on reports for a day to finally get them to start coming out needing little editing by the end of the day and then coming back on the next day to find the same reports SO full of errors after different people were on the account for the next shift.  It's great when you have other people who are good at their jo ...

Rant - Sorry
Aug 01, 2011

Okay.  Well, I decided to test with my old company again (SoftScript) with which I had  been employed for four years.  I failed their test.  My rant is this.  Am I being unfair to think that it is on record that I worked for them four years, was never late, always got my lines, always got 98% or above on audits (my last audit was 100%)  and it has only been 5 months since I left ??  Shouldn't all of this be taken into account ??  I suppose n ...

This Is A Rant.
Dec 22, 2012

Let me preface by saying that I am not a veteran in this field. I have only been a MT for about a year and a half. I graduated from one of the AHDI accepted schools. In the short time I have been working, I have worked for both of the national MTSOs. In my opinion the grass is brown on either side of the fence. I was originally enamored by the possibility of working from home and setting my own schedule. The later may be true if you have experience and are fortunate enough to hire on with a good ...

Just A Rant
Nov 28, 2013

My days are numbered, I already know.  I've given this job the best I could do.  After 14 years of no complaints they have broken me with their petty BS, condescending ways, (Feel free to reach out....), then when you do if you're not on the prime list you get no answer or worse false info.  Requested part time from the beginning but 35 hours is not P/T to me.  Lot of flexing because shift is 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.  (I was not made aware I have to ASK if it was ok to ...

RANT
Jul 29, 2014

I just need to vent. I really wish these residents would learn how to press the @#$%$% PAUSE button. I am so tired of listening to their (literally) 14-minute discussions with other residents while they are dictating a 4-minute op note. Obviously they do not realize that there is an acutal person at the other end of that dictation line, who has a family to provide for, and their jibber jabbing is a complete waste of my time and taking money out of my pocket while I am listening to them talk abou ...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! This Is A Rant
Mar 24, 2015

Mandatory OT????? I am doing jobs that were dictated less than 1 hour ago.  I am getting the worst of the worst ESL dictators.  I don't mind doing some of them but I don't want ALL of them.  Pass the garbage to some others.  My head is pounding try to figure out what they are attempting to say.  Will be lucky if I come anywhere close to 1200 lines today. Wishing for power to go out.  HA!! ...