A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wish they wouldn't send productivity statistics... - sm

Posted: May 03, 2012

It just ticks me off and makes me feel stalked.  I find it extremely negative and not helpful at all.

Agree - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not trying to go as fast as I can. At my age and after doing this for almost 40 years, I am trying to preserve my arms and hands so I don't get carpal tunnel and other physical problems from staying in one position for too long. I like to use the mouse occasionally because it gets my hands out of keyboard position. If they don't like it, you know where they can go.

I like it. - helps me get my butt in gear.

[ In Reply To ..]
I could use a swift kick every now and then.

statistics - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't take into account of having to look up words that you finally figure out the dictators are making up, new meds or old meds you have to look up because MModal still haven't listed them, having to listen to the report 10 times to figure out what they're mumbling, getting up to use restroom, stretch, eat, whatever. I just ignore them. Until they sit in my chair, they have no right to judge.

I was just thinking that this minute! - MT2468

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a relatively new hire but not new to the business. I got these stats today. I was thinking just now about the stalking thing. I thought I was being paranoid, but a little voice in my heart says I am right. It is a passive aggressive way of letting us know we are being keystroke stalked! No joke...

I work - for a different

[ In Reply To ..]
company that uses M*Modal. They watch EVERYTHING WE DO, but they can tell when we are looking things up in history, plus everything else, even how often we use each command code. I was freaked out and even put electrical tape over the webcam. But it is only their own program they are watching, right? Can they see when I pull up IE and do a search?

The company I work for doesn't count the time we are searching old reports in history against us.

About As Useful - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
As their VR. I met all goals, and their suggestion to me was to use a shortcut I already use a hundred times a day!!! Another thing, nobody ever told me I was being monitored, but had a feeling something was running in the background, because of lag time in words showing up I had already typed. Sometimes I would have a whole line typed before any of the words would show up. There are times I have just sat back and waited for the words to show up. Now how's that for improving my production, Boost? Anyone else having that problem or is it just me?

inactive time - myass

[ In Reply To ..]
What I see is evidence of the amount of time we spend doing work-related activities that we are not paid for.

Thank you! - never thought of it like that

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we all should question this with CCM and put in for "downtime pay."

15% is actually the goal - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
not the average.

What is the average??? - probably 30%, hey?

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont know, just curious.
kinda what I'm thinking - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
we'll probably never know though.

My inactivity was 22% and I have gotten to where - I never leave this stupid

[ In Reply To ..]
chair. Must have been looking up old reports in DEP because I have been on unfamiliar account and have been spending a LOT of time in the old reports trying to figure out what anybody is saying. But a thank you for producing quality reports? Apparently not.

Similar Messages:

DEP MT's And ASR Productivity Statistics
Nov 11, 2011

Does anyone get emails weekly or every other week with their statistics for DEP and ASR?  I've been getting these and it includes suggestions to get more productivity such as, using left/right arrows, ctrl+shift+left, etc.  It also give me total gross AST activity length, length of time an ASR job is open, length of time spent making changes to an ASR, total inactivity length.  I don't know what to think about this, except that they want more work out of me. ...

ASR Productivity Statistics Rant
Oct 25, 2011

Regarding ASR productivity statistics, measured in ines and hours.  If the goal is to minimize the difference between gross and net LPH by decreasing inactivity length, then instruct all dictators to stop eating, talking to others, pausing, etc when dictating, and stop telling me to limit my time spent researching in one instance and then in another I'm being told to use the multiple resources available--you can't have it both ways! Regarding total mouse clicks:  Get real!&n ...

Noticed Anything Strange About The Productivity Statistics?
Oct 10, 2012

My latest one says I had only 2.3% inactive time.  I'm like, yeah, right. ...

How Do I Contact The Moderators? Tried To Send Message, But It Wouldn't Go Through...sm
Nov 23, 2011

A box appeared and said to type in characters, but there were no characters that appeared?  If the moderators wish to contact me at the above e-mail address, that will be fine. ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

You Wouldn't Believe What I Have To Do Where I Work
Aug 16, 2010

I've been employed by an orthopedic surgery practice for about 6 years now. I think it was after the first year, I started having to compose office notes from the paperwork the patient filled out (all of their history), plus the templates the provider filled out.  I hated it and protested to my office manager. Then gave up, then about a year later I asked her to talk to the doctor about his hand writing to no avail. One doctor never made me read his writing, he would fill out the templ ...

Wouldn't It Be Great
Mar 16, 2012

wouldn't it be really great if there was some sort of email address for us to contact our hospitals directly...without the M*Modal propaganda?  We could say "Dear Dr. ___, I understand you are really busy and dictation is low on your priority list, but if you could take an extra moment and clearly articulate your dictation, the reports would come back to you with less questions and/or errors."   I know...I know...quit dreaming.  It is really sunny and warm outside my window ...

They Wouldn't Have To Demand
Oct 02, 2012

they would put people on their strength worktypes and specialities instead of put us on what we are the weakest at and then complain b/c they are constantly out of TAT.  Just amazing to me how we were asked what our strengths and weaknesses were and after that email, I was put on my weakest out of everything.  Perhaps I am the only one to realize that if you were given the work that you are strongest at, you would be able to go through it faster, but not with Nuance, they seem to thin ...

Wouldn't It Be More Efficient
Jul 31, 2013

To have the doctor, RN, resident, or whomever is doing the dicatation to do the demos rather than the MLS slaves?  I mean, since they are getting paid a living wage (unlike the MLS slaves) and they already have all the pertinent info, like business entity, location, signing, etc, why aren't THEY selecting the copy requests, etc. from their own little drop-down lists, instead of having the hapless MLS slaves searching all over creation for a doctor they misspelled or mispronounced. &nbs ...

Wouldn't Have Been Nice If . . .
Jan 02, 2014

If corporate realized how hard and difficult our job is and perhaps, at the very least, wiished us a Happy Holiday season and thanked us for all we do?  And rhen I woke up and smelled the coffee. ...

Wouldn't It Be Better To Take An Online
Mar 11, 2014

ICD-10 course rather than be required to stay with them for 2 additional years after the apprenticeship, working whatever shift they feel like sticking you with?  I feel like the difference in the amount of money you'd be making in those 2 years with them versus anywhere else would more than pay for an online course.  I'm not seeing the draw to this. ...

I Wouldn't Mind
May 01, 2015

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO HARD!!!!???   i specifically got up today to log on for the hour of MOT.  then i see an email that says we don't need it, but its vague.  then another email says, we need it, but not until after 3 central time.  i even tried pulling in a 3:30 to 4 time from the swap board but it wouldn't let me.  my shift starts at 4.  so i wrote and said i'd just log in and do it and forget the swap board, but i'm told feel ...

Wouldn't It Be Nice?
May 26, 2015

if MModal would do just one thing....ONE THING...to make our jobs easier.  i swear they sit around and see what they can do to make everything single tiny little thing as hard as possible.  right now i'm talking about that freakin' time card and trying to enter PTO based on our NJA down time.  to make the times match up, i guess i just lie and make up times, just to play their stupid little make everything harder game. ...

ASR Statistics - I Don't Get It.
Jul 16, 2012

I don't understand the difference between (statistics for production including inactive time) "Your Gross/Active Lines Per Hour" and "M*Modal Average Gross/Active Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the "M Modal" lines being less. Then there is (statistics without inactive time, ie what they think you should be producing) "Your Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour" (-inactive time) and "M*Modal Average Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the M Modal count be ...

Wouldn't It Make Sense
Mar 16, 2010

When you have a report that is with a difficult dictator and within the first few lines you have a blank you know you are going to send to QA - if the report is long and there are a few other blanks you might have to leave but might be able to get if you spent time researching, wouldn't it be better to not even waste time researching those blanks since all the lines are being counted toward your 5% submission rate - it would seem that it would be best to do the rest of the report as quickly ...

Wouldn't This Solve The Problem?
Jul 31, 2012

...If HIPAA laws clearly stated medical records of United States citizens could not be sent out of the country...wouldn't that be protecting the client better AND keeping jobs in America? Why won't they?  They have their laws on everything else! ...

If You Wouldn't Mind Sharing...
Oct 02, 2012

I have seen a few posts where someone mentions another job board.  I know we cannot post them here, but if you wouldn't mind emailing me I would appreciate it.  Seems like a google search is like a wild goose chase with schools and such and I just want a few real job boards to watch. Thank you so much in advance. ...

Wouldn't You Love To Say This To Your Supervisor?
Jul 19, 2013

It Wouldn't Bother Me To Get Accounts From All
Oct 28, 2014

They would just make the formats for all work types the SAME across the board.  It's NOT the changing of dictators/facilities that is so difficult...it's the having to check 1 thousand different sets of account rules!!!  UGH! ...

Serioulsy, Wouldn't It Have Been Easier To Just Tell Us SM
Dec 17, 2014

they were going to pay us 7 cpl?  From just glancing through the posts here that is what everybody is basically saying.  Did anyone make more than that?  I for one am NOT going to approve my timecard because I DON'T APPROVE!    I'm still up in the air on whether I will finish out this week or not.  ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

Production Statistics
Jun 21, 2012

Here's what I think is the reason for the production statistics and what I think is going to happen this summer.  I believe that MM will say they are reducing ASR pay to 4 cpl across the board and that we can all increase production by following the recommendations in their emails.  I hope I'm wrong but if this happens and I get 2/3 of what I am making now, they will get 2/3 of the editing I am doing now until they figure it out and fire me.  ...

Daily Statistics
Jan 29, 2015

Wondering how 1 job sent to QA because of dictator being a mush mouth can equate to 9%.  Doesn't make sense to me.  ...

Please No Flaming But Wondering Why They Wouldn't Just Lay Off People Who Are
Apr 04, 2013

If it is all about saving money, it seems to me that people who get medical insurance costs MM money. Strange laying off part timers as they don't get medical insurance or any benefits.  Not saying I want anyone laid off but just think it is strange as they are so cheap. ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Interesting Statistics Regarding ESL Physicians
May 08, 2011

If you think you are getting more and more ESL dictators, you are probably right.  According to a public website, there were 2130 Visa petitions/applications and 748 Green Card petitions/applications for PHYSICIANS for the year 2010 alone.  That does not include all the ESL physicians that came into the United States over the previous years.  Yes, some applications were denied, but why do these hospitals feel they need that many foreign physicians to begin with.  If you are ...

ASR Proficiency Statistics - So Much Wrong With This!
Nov 16, 2012

I scored low in everything - key strokes, playback speed, editing while audio is playing, etc. Everything they advise plays havoc with accuracy!!!! If I did what they advise me to, I would flunk an audit so bad. I might as well just read the document and edit what looks wrong. Nevermind that reading the document won't do any good because ASR leaves out text, adds text, puts in wrong numbers in the labs, etc. ...

With All The Statistics MMmodal Likes To Keep On Us,
Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of? ...

Fluency's Statistics Inaccurate
May 22, 2013

I've noticed for about a month now that when I compare the number of jobs I've done per day on my daily log sheet to Fluency's, it doesn't match. There are usually one or two, sometimes three jobs fewer than what I've actually done. I figure I'll only get minimum wage anyway, so I haven't reported it, but I would like credit for what I do. I wonder if there's a way someone else can be syphoning off my completed work and getting credit for it. ...

With All The KS Bashing Here Any Time Anyone Mentions Them, I Wouldn't Be Surprised
Oct 04, 2011

This is how it went for Webmedx a few months before they sold to Nuance.  I sure hope not, because I love my job and do not want to go back to working for Medquist. ...