A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pap smear orders -- indy lab submitting charge - sm

Posted: Aug 20, 2014

If an MD submits a Pap order listing both codes V72.31 and V76.2, will there be a problem with Medicare reimbursement? We see a large number of these and have been attempting to verify them on an individual basis, but it's becoming prohibitive. Appreciate any input.

Does this help? - Great do-you-want-to-code test!

[ In Reply To ..]
See if the link below helps.

It is a complicated issue, but the path parts aren't so bad. Once you get it sorted out, go back to the submitting doctor and tell him how to do it correctly.

If anyone reading this is thinking about becoming a coder, THIS is what coders do. We enjoy it, too. If you don't think you would enjoy it, coding isn't for you.

Similar Messages:

Medication Orders
Sep 22, 2011

If a doctor does not say mg when dictating medications, should we add it?    ...

Pap Smear
Sep 04, 2012

Her last Pap smear was 07/25/2012 and showed an ascus with negative HPV, high risk s/l flip-ty-pin.    ...

PAP Smear Or Pap Smear Or Pap Smear?
Dec 05, 2013

Because PAP stands for  Papanicolau, I have alway questioned whether it should be all caps; just the first letter cap or no caps at all.  Thanks in advance for any clarification. ...

Pap Smear Results..please See Message
Nov 30, 2011

The doc is dictating results of past Pap smears and is saying something that sounds like Elso?  TIA ...

Pap Smear Results...please See Message
May 25, 2012

Pap smear was negative for any evidence of malignancy.  Uterine, cervix, and s/l aclack was negative for dysplasia.   TIA! ...

Anybody Submitting A Question
Oct 15, 2012

I submitted a couple. Last time, they only chose the most mild, mellow questions for her to answer - Tell us about yourself, Amy! etc ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Submitting An NJA
Jan 22, 2013

anyone else? ...

Submitting An IC Invoice
Mar 26, 2014

My last MT job was as an employee, and I will be starting a new job as an IC soon.  It will be my first time so I'm looking for helpful MTs and their instructions on how to do this.  I will be working on the Emdat program.  Is there an easy way to copy the log from that platform and submit those numbers on the invoice? How often do I submit an invoice, and is there a software program suggested? Thanks in advance!  ...

Submitting Resumes
Jun 17, 2015

Is there more to finding a job these days than just submitting a resume amongst hundreds and HOPING for a reply?  I feel like it is getting harder and harder to get a job.  Getting discouraged!  Anyone else feel the same?  Ideas?   ...

Submitting PTO Requests For No Work Available
Aug 30, 2012

My manager is always sending out emails that we are required to submit a PTO request (pain or unpaid) for situations when there is no work available in order to account for all of our hours. I don't understand why we need to do this. I put no studies available on my time card when I clock out when I run out of work. I'm not asking for time off and so don't see why I should have to put in a request for time off when there is no work. I would be more than happy to work during these ...

Problem Submitting Application To Keystrokes
Aug 07, 2012

Has anyone had a problem submitting application to Keystrokes.  I tried and it keeps telling me I have already submitted when I have not. ...

Anyone Having Trouble Submitting App To Gulf Coast Transcription?
Apr 20, 2010

I keep getting server error, something about it not liking my sender address.  Well, I've used 2 different addresses with different servers and both don't work. ...

What Is The Proper Procedure For Submitting A 1-week Notice...sm
Dec 08, 2011

This is probably not covered on MQ Central.  To whom do we turn in a notice that we are leaving?  Do we email our CCM?  So relieved to be able to do this!  Even though I have not been here long, it has been long enough! Thanks! ...

Her Last Pap Smear Was "active", But Negative High-risk HPV
Apr 16, 2012

Questioning the active part.  Thanks! ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...

How Much Should I Charge?
Dec 06, 2012

Hello!  I am a fairly new MT (2 years experience) and I am currently doing IC work.  I have been approached by a physician (that I used to work for as a medical assistant) to do her transcription for her as she has gone out on her own and has a private practice now.  It is a family practice, so pretty basic office visit notes.  My question is what should I charge her per line?  OR should I charge per report, per page, or what?  I'm not sure yet that her EM ...

EMR - How Much To Charge?
Feb 13, 2013

One of my groups is switching to EPIC and is requesting I prepopulate the return patient information into the system to generate individualized templates before their next clinic visit. No way to charge by the line. Anyone have any idea what the going rate range should be for this type of work? ...

What To Charge???
Apr 02, 2013

I have been asked to transcribe written reports....type the written reports.  I have never done this before....what is charged for this type of transcription?  I have only charged for transcribing dictated reports.   PLEASE HELP! ...

Help! What Should I Charge?
May 14, 2013

I have an opportunity to work with a local, successful Midwestern 6-physician ENT practice.  They want to know what I charge per line.  I'm currently with a larger MTSO and have been for years.  Back in the good old days I could charge my own clients by the gross line, 15, 17, 18 cents.  But those days are gone.  I don't want to lose the ENT group to an MTSO or other middleman. What is a fair rate for transcription (with no delivery or printing) these days?&nb ...

Help!! What To Charge
Feb 19, 2014

My husband's doctor called wanting me to do some transcription for them.  I am not sure what to charge.  She is ESL and can be difficult as I have gotten some of her work through the hospital account.  These would be clinical notes, straight typing.   She has put them on tapes.  Of course, needs them sometie in March -- over 100 of them.  Also I have Word 2007 and 2010 -  do they have a line count feature.  It has been a very, very long time ...

So Just Who Is In Charge Of OT - BR Or PK? Can Tell BR
May 01, 2015

is back with the MOT.  Makes you wonder why that wasn't so important while she was away. Mmmm - power/control trip!?! ...

IMEs - How Much To Charge
Sep 16, 2012

Hi!  Can anyone give me an idea on how much to charge to doctors for transcribing IMEs?  Also, going rate if working for service transcribing IMEs.  Thanks.   ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Unbelieable Charge
Mar 01, 2013

Just thought I would share this.  Back in September, I had to go to an Urgent Care Center for a nosebleed.  It just wouldn't stop.  I finally received the doctor's bill in February. Luckily my insurance paid almost all of it.  But there was a $10 charge for "Services provided between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m."  I just couldn't believe that.  I wonder sometimes how people get away with things. ...

What To Charge For Rad Reports?
Apr 08, 2013

I have been an IC MT for 10+ years but have always been compensated by CPL. I have been approached by a small clinic to transcribe their RAD reports.  What is the going rate per report these days?  TIA ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Need Help With CHARGE Syndrome Dx.
Jul 07, 2013

Hey all, I'm doing a psych report and one of the diagnoses is CHARGE syndrome. My question is--do I spell it all out?  Or is an accepted abbreviation for the diagnoses section? CHARGE stands for the following:   Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the  choanae, Retardation of growth and development,  Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hearing loss Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and development, Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hea ...

How To Charge For EMR Work
Oct 23, 2013

I currently transcribe from home for a  local ortho clinic.  When they switch to EMR and I can convince them to keep me to transcribe, what is the best way to charge for my work?  Per patient entry (how much?) or still do the per line thing using cut and paste from Word.  I need to keep it simple and relatively cheap in order to try to keep their work.  I certainly do not want them thinking they should be able to do their own starting at a keyboard while in the exam room ...