A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TCM says for the hours we couldn't work because of NJA we can use PTO, what??? - nme

Posted: Feb 26, 2013

So if there isn't work during my 8 hour shift and I only get in 6 hours, I need to take two hours of PTO to make up my hours?  Uh..provide me with work during my shift. Why should I have to use my PTO to make up the hours that this company can't provide me.

Dont do it..then your accepting the lack of work - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree... file for unemployment, do NOT use - your PTO

[ In Reply To ..]
They want you to use it all up so that you have nothing left, that way if the work picks up, you are forced to work every day without a day off.

As long as people keep falling for this trick, they will keep trying to get away with it.

file for part time unemployment - me

[ In Reply To ..]
You call your unemployment agency or go on line. You have to verify your driver license and with your HR. They don't tell you that you can file for part time unemployment. Nobody does. Its not easy but you might as well get started. Keep track of everything you do and how much you get paid each week and how many hours each day. I would talk to a person, some on line unemployment websites can be tricky to figure out. dont give up.

Similar Messages:

Couldn't Get In, Now Saying I'm Logged In Elsewhere
Oct 07, 2010

x ...

I Couldn't Help It, Had To Share
Dec 18, 2012

One of my little foreign dictating darlins dictated under Social History said, patient doesn't smoke alcohol..   ...

Labor Day And OOW, But Couldn't Have It Off?
Sep 01, 2014

I knew it....I am not a moron.....hiring all these MTs for these accounts, running OOW on a regular work day.....did they think we would all stay busy on Labor Day?  I am disgusted and am taking the day off.  I ask about being off.......NO.  Don't you think that managers could make schedules knowing the work is slow?  Let people off if they ask, making sure to have at least 2 MTs on in case some work comes in?  That is too easy a fix....let everyone just be OOW and ...

Whew. Couldn't Get In Here For A Minute.
Dec 06, 2011

LOL ...

I Couldn't Resist Posting This...
Jan 20, 2012

So you've just been sold out to "the Q" Let me tell you what they will do. They'll mess with your income, your mind and health, While the CEOs accumulate wealth. They don't care if you're a daughter, mother, or wife, All they will do is mess with your life. You ask for advice, so I'll give it to you Run far, run fast away from "the Q." ...

I Know This Has Been Asked But Couldn't Find It..
Feb 21, 2013

How long should it take to edit a VR document?  I know straight typing should be about 3 times the length of the dictation but what about VR?  I know there will be variables and was just curious.  Thanks. ...

Important Work? Couldn't Be
Aug 07, 2014

It's ironic how we get emails about how important we are to patient's medical care and safety, yet we get paid a beggar's rate. Flipping hamburgers is a more important job; no customer wants a burnt hamburger, which explains why you can make more money at McDonald's. ...

By The Time I Got To The End Of A CP, I Couldn't Remember The Beginning.
Nov 03, 2012

Just plain too long and too many if's and's or but's. ...

Couldn't Find Any Info On SCRIBE 4 US
Nov 06, 2012

Couldn't find any info on SCRIBE 4 US.  Anyone have any information? ...

I Had A Thought Last Night As I Couldn't Sleep
Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcr ...

PHOENIX MEDCOM - Couldn't Find The Answers
Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you! ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...

Best Hours
Aug 28, 2010

I know there are so many on here who are fed up with Medquist.  But, can anyone tell me if there is any shift or days that work is usually available?  Overnight shift?  Evenings?  I have 2 friends who work for MQ and they are not out of jobs when they work.  (well, that's what they tell me).  They said it actually just depends on the account.   Is anybody here OK with MQ, maybe not perfectly happy, but not destitute either?  TIA ...

Every 4 Hours
Jun 29, 2011

so can someone clear me up about how to type q4h   ?? (as in every 4 hours).    thanks! ...

Only 8 Hours...
Dec 08, 2011

Ok, I'm not as fast as I used to be and the doctors keep giving names of physicians that are not on their list and are spelled different ways so I take the time to look them up because blanks are not a thing I like to leave on a report.  Today we get an email that we can no longer work off the clock which for me is a problem.  Do you take the time to look things up like that or what do you do to get past the OCD of trying not to leave a blank?  I feel like MQ is chasing ...

Q.6-8 Hours?
Apr 25, 2012

Doc says q. 6 to 8 hours with food.  Is that transcribed "q.6-8 hours"? Thanks for any help! ...

TTS - 8 Hours
Jul 15, 2012

I thought if we logged 7 hrs/day was considered okay, but now I'm getting notices that it is supposed to be 8 hrs/day - 8 hrs a day of actual transcription is pretty hard to concentrate - the mind and body has to take breaks! ...

So Far (2 Hours In) Don't Like DQS 7 -
Jul 24, 2012

Can we change the color of the audio highlight.  Mine is purple and it is driving me nuts.  It used to be yellow in the old DQS.  Thanks ...

Hours For FT Or PT? Sm
Sep 05, 2012

How many hours are considered FT?  How about for PT work?  Thanks. ...

PT Less Than 20 Hours. Possible??
Jul 16, 2013

As hard as it is for Nuance to get/retain employees has anyone every been able to negotiate for less than 20 hours PT with them? ...

PT Is How Many Hours?
Jan 20, 2014

I am planning on going PT, the least amount of PT as possible as I have been diagnosed with CHF and atrial fib and the stress of this job will wind up killing me.  I am already on partial retirement, so just need a few extra hours/week.  What is the least amount of PT hours a person can work?  Thank you. ...

13 Hours To Go
Feb 20, 2014

I have 13 hours left to work at this company and then I am done.  I am typing what I consider good grammar for the ESLs and not worrying about an audit.  My blood pressure has come down.  I am cruising, not swearing and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.  This company has been wonderful to me for most of my time as an MT.  I am saddened by the changes that have happened in the last few years.  I am going to work in Central Supp ...

OOW Yet Again. Twice In Less Than 2 Hours. What Is Up?
Apr 16, 2014

Have less than 3 hours of PTO. This is getting really old. ...

Regarding The PTO And 104 Hours Without Pay...
Jun 18, 2014

I noticed when I took a day off without pay, at the end of the pay period, the PTO earned shown in UltriPro was only 4.14 hours instead of 4.62. Does this mean if we take any of that 104 hours of unpaid time off they were so generous to give us, our actual paid time off will be cut?   Has anyone else noticed this?  How sleezy. ...