A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I couldn't help it, had to share - bj

Posted: Dec 18, 2012

Crazy 1 One of my little foreign dictating darlins dictated under Social History said, patient doesn't smoke alcohol..

OS is not funny. Sad, very sad. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They do have the alcohol they smoke now, but surely not - what he meant. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Couldn't Get In, Now Saying I'm Logged In Elsewhere
Oct 07, 2010

x ...

Labor Day And OOW, But Couldn't Have It Off?
Sep 01, 2014

I knew it....I am not a moron.....hiring all these MTs for these accounts, running OOW on a regular work day.....did they think we would all stay busy on Labor Day?  I am disgusted and am taking the day off.  I ask about being off.......NO.  Don't you think that managers could make schedules knowing the work is slow?  Let people off if they ask, making sure to have at least 2 MTs on in case some work comes in?  That is too easy a fix....let everyone just be OOW and ...

Whew. Couldn't Get In Here For A Minute.
Dec 06, 2011

LOL ...

I Couldn't Resist Posting This...
Jan 20, 2012

So you've just been sold out to "the Q" Let me tell you what they will do. They'll mess with your income, your mind and health, While the CEOs accumulate wealth. They don't care if you're a daughter, mother, or wife, All they will do is mess with your life. You ask for advice, so I'll give it to you Run far, run fast away from "the Q." ...

I Know This Has Been Asked But Couldn't Find It..
Feb 21, 2013

How long should it take to edit a VR document?  I know straight typing should be about 3 times the length of the dictation but what about VR?  I know there will be variables and was just curious.  Thanks. ...

TCM Says For The Hours We Couldn't Work Because Of NJA We Can Use PTO, What???
Feb 26, 2013

So if there isn't work during my 8 hour shift and I only get in 6 hours, I need to take two hours of PTO to make up my hours?  Uh..provide me with work during my shift. Why should I have to use my PTO to make up the hours that this company can't provide me. ...

Important Work? Couldn't Be
Aug 07, 2014

It's ironic how we get emails about how important we are to patient's medical care and safety, yet we get paid a beggar's rate. Flipping hamburgers is a more important job; no customer wants a burnt hamburger, which explains why you can make more money at McDonald's. ...

By The Time I Got To The End Of A CP, I Couldn't Remember The Beginning.
Nov 03, 2012

Just plain too long and too many if's and's or but's. ...

Couldn't Find Any Info On SCRIBE 4 US
Nov 06, 2012

Couldn't find any info on SCRIBE 4 US.  Anyone have any information? ...

I Had A Thought Last Night As I Couldn't Sleep
Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcr ...

PHOENIX MEDCOM - Couldn't Find The Answers
Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you! ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...

MEDQUISTS GIVES $4.70 PER SHARE
Oct 01, 2010

While we make less and less, Medquist and its stockholders fiddle while our Rome burns. ...

Got Some Gratitude To Share
Apr 06, 2011

I am grateful to have a job today.  I am grateful that work is available on that job.  I am grateful that it pays well.  I am just grateful.  It may not always be like that, but the majority of the time I have work, and can make money to pay my bills.  Not alot of people can say that.  Not to mention when I am sick like I am now, I can work in the comfort of my own home.  That in itself is a blessing!  I wish this for all of us.  Anybody else with gra ...

Sorry, Have To Share. Thought I Had Seen Everything.
Feb 28, 2012

ASR:  CAT of Eric vein  Dictated:  Cadaveric vein.  ...

ASR Blunder....HAD To Share!
May 09, 2012

...cervicovaginal reflection was then infiltrated "scum french lady" (circumferentially)...   some of this stuff you just can't make up!  ...

Too Funny Not To Share...
Jul 14, 2012

Here is an example of why we need to keep a sense of humor about what we do.  I am sure it shows other things but after the last day of transcribing this long psych eval -  the only thing I need more than humor is bourbon. (BTW, I gave up and am doing the last section of this report this morning.  My poor brain couldn't handle any more last night.) “… which suggests some risk for future problems in the future if treatment in this area of treatment efforts are un ...

Anyone Have A Tip They Can Share For Deleting
Nov 02, 2014

When doing VR, which of course is 98% of the time, I keep my hands at the bottom of the keyboard, left hand near Cntl, right hand hovering over the arrow keys.  Since there is a lot of deleting to do, you have to reach up to the top right corner of the laptop to press delete.  Of course I always have to look to make sure I don't accidentally hit insert.  It's so annoying.  Is there an easier way that I'm not thinking of?  Any suggestions would be SOOOO app ...

My TSM Felt It Appropriate To Share That She Had
Jan 15, 2015

since her baby slept through the night. She is refreshed and ready to go today. Apparently she does spend sleepness nights wondering how she'll pay her bills under this new exciting pay plan in addition to sleepless babies/kids. How insulting. Do they even think before they send these junk messages out ? ...

Share The Same Feelings?
Feb 17, 2015

I get several audits within the "acceptable" range and a "well done." Now, I get a mid-month audit where I fail the standard. ARGH!!! I hate this constant up and down.  Envy those who are able to achieve 100% and get whopping line counts.  Not happening  for me, however. ...

New Job Training Nightmares - Share Yours
Aug 12, 2010

This is the 2nd position I have found myself in in under 3 years.  Again, I am facing being trained by a person who is giving me information so quickly, it is impossible to write it down, left alone remember it.  logmein123 - I watch this MT go through the steps and she is moving through the steps at a furious speed, mumbling about going into the wrong window, back out, into something else, "write this down."  Sets me up and leaves out vital step which I don't realize for a ...

Anyone Want To Share Their Triton Experience? Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Going to be working for Amphion and using Triton.  Anyone willing to share what it is like?  Do I need to get an expander such as SH or IT?     ...

Wanted To Share My Triumph!
Aug 22, 2011

I see so much negative posted on this board, that I wanted to share my success, if for no other reason than to show others that it is possible to do well.   I had struggled for a while lately with production because of some personal circumstances, and having a hard time just getting myself in gear and being able to do what needed to be done. I finally decided that I am the only one who can change my financial situation, and took the bull by the horns.  I downloaded a stopwatch/timer ...

Any New Diskwriter Info To Share
Sep 22, 2011

Any feedback from MTs employed by Diskwriter?  Application asks to initial several boxes including willingness to work overtime, drug testing, etc.  This is different is it not?  Just wondering.  They are listed as having openings for straight typing accounts.  Any feedback?  ARCHIVES are out of date... ...

Share A Positive About MT Career
Dec 30, 2011

Hi fellow MTs.  As we all know, this board can sometimes be full of negative things, and many MTs who once had a good career in this field are experiencing changes that have negatively affected them and their pay and their lives.  My heart does go out to these people; however, I thought it would be fun to talk about some positives we have experienced in this field, even if we would no longer recommend the field to a new person.  Personally, I have been an MT for 5-1/2 years, and ...

Any Info On NowTranscription You Would Like To Share/nm
Jan 29, 2012

x ...

Anyone Care To Share Info On M.I.S.T?
Aug 09, 2012

Am curious if anyone has an info, insight, yeahas or nays on M.I.S.T.  Corporation? Thanks much in advance!! :) ...

This VR Flub Was Just Too Funny Not To Share!
Sep 01, 2012

Pupils are equal, round, rectal accommodation. ...