A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PHOENIX MEDCOM - couldn't find the answers - intrigued

Posted: Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you!

Similar Messages:

Phoenix MedCom - Does Anyone Out There Work For Phoenix MedCom?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone out there work for Phoenix MedCom?  Passed their test but am hesitant to go forward when the pay is substandard and I've already been warned that the account is difficult.  However, I've been out of work since October and something is better than nothing :( ...

Phoenix Medcom - Any Information On Phoenix Medcom?
Jul 09, 2012

Hi, any information on Phoenix Medcom?  I see they have a job posted.  Thanks ...

Phoenix Medcom (NY) - SM
Dec 21, 2009

Note:  My search of the archives only brings up a host of "We are currently updating our site/forum software" page errors. According to their webpage, ''Experienced, qualified transcriptionists are paid line rates that are competitive with today's rates. We pay on a 65 character line, headers and footers included.  The rate that we pay may be based on worktype, volume, consistency, and quality of work.  Our payment translates to very good hourly rates, which is the ...

PHOENIX/MEDCOM
Apr 15, 2010

Thinking of working for them?  Any input, good, bad or ugly? TX ...

Phoenix Medcom Now
May 12, 2014

Read the old posts, but how is it to work for them in acute care or ortho today, in 2014?  Volume? Dictators?  Nitpicky QA?  Thanks for sharing.  ...

Phoenix Medcom
Dec 15, 2014

Any current info on Phoenix Medcom? Anyone currently working for them? Good, bad, or otherwise?  They offered me a job but there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through, and I haven't even started!   ...

Has Anyone Applied At Phoenix Medcom
Dec 28, 2009

Has anyone applied at Phoenix Medcom over the last few weeks and gotten a response?  Also would love to hear pros and cons from anyone who works for this company.  Thanks.   ...

US Transcription And Phoenix Medcom
Jan 21, 2010

Curious about the good, bad and ugly on each of these companies? I applied to both and have been accepted at Phoenix, but wanting to know more about from anyone working for them or having worked for them. I was laid off recently from another well known company talked about here on this board quite a bit recently, and am looking for another IC gig so I found Phoenix Medcom and hopefully found a good fit and a new home! Thanks! ...

Anyone Working For PHOENIX MEDCOM, INC
Mar 25, 2010

Just wondering as I have an offer to test from them, and I never heard of them before.  these days, we must all be careful. ...

Phoenix Medcom Question
Jul 28, 2010

Phoenix Medcome pay scale states a line rate for "templated lines".  What does this entail?  Is it only the template that comes in with the job itself?  Rates seem a little low.  Does anyone work there that can confirm a line rate increase, incentive pay, or something of the sort?    Thanks- ...

Phoenix MedCom Training
Aug 03, 2010

Hi : ) Just wondering what the training is like for Phoenix MedCom.  Thanks in advance : ) ...

Phoenix Medcom - How Does It Work Out
Aug 02, 2011

To anyone who works for this company - how does it work out for you not being able to access the internet while working i.e. words, medications, etc?  ...

Phoenix Medcom Pay For Spaces?
Aug 15, 2011

Does this company pay for spaces?  Also, how does it work out if you  need to look things up, meds, etc?  Thanks for any input.  ...

Any New Info On Phoenix Medcom
Feb 13, 2012

Any new info on Phoenix Medcom. ...

Does Anyone Work For Phoenix Medcom?
May 04, 2012

Does anyone work for Phoenix Medcom?  They are looking for an orthopedic MT.  Wondering if their work flow is consistent and if their pay is decent and dependable. Thanks ...

Anyone Work For Phoenix MedCom
Nov 20, 2012

I saw this company in a job posting and want to try a more flex schedule. I work  part time right now but have to work weekends and am getting tired of it.  I don't need insurance and barely get any PTO as it is so I feel I am not losing anything, only gaining time and flexibility.  My husband and I like to travel a bit and it is very hard with this job to ask for time off, even without pay.  Any thoughts on working for this company? ...

Phoenix Medcom - Anyone Hear Of Them?
Nov 27, 2012

I sent in a resume to this company since I thought it was an interesting twist on working from home.  I received a reply with an application and haven't heard anything else yet, but with the holiday, things tend to slow down a bit.  I was curious if anyone else has applied and heard anything different from them.  TIA.  ...

Phoenix MedCom Anyone Heard ?
Nov 18, 2014

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Phoenix yet? ...

Questions About Phoenix Medcom
Dec 05, 2014

Good or bad? Work Comp Reports that are "technical"?  Any ideas, suggestions?  Offered the job but scared!! ...

M-F Work - Is It Phoenix Medcom And Amphion?
Nov 02, 2009

. ...

Phoenix Medcom - How Long Does It Take Before They Contact You
Jan 06, 2010

Once you take the testing, how long does it take before they contact you (if they do)?  Thanks! ...

Phoenix Medcom Any Recent Info?
Jan 18, 2010

Any recent info?  Pay per line? Do they pay for spaces?   Schedule flexibility?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Phoenix MedCom - Comments About This Company?
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone have any comments about this company?  Thinking of applying. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Phoenix Medcom....not Sure If They Are Overstaffed Or If They Are Just
Jan 15, 2011

loosing accounts and don't want to admit it.  They advertise "plenty of work" but its not true unless you are working a handful of accounts. All the posts I see in archive touch on the same subject with them.  I read a recent post about the subject and the only reply was from someone who (appeared to be the owner) simply said to ask for more work...(yeah right, sounds good).  Just wondered if there is some honest info out there on them aside from the posts from the handful of ...

Phoenix Medcom - Recent Information
Aug 02, 2011

I am not finding much recent information on this company.  Can anyone tell me anything?  Thanks! ...

Phoenix Medcom - Business Card From Each IC
Jun 12, 2012

Phoenix Medcom requires a business card from each IC contracting with them.  I was an IC many years ago and didn't even have a contract then; have been an employee ever since that time.  So, do each of you who work as an IC have business cards?  And whose contract is it - yours of the company's?  Thanks.  (and if it's the IC's contract, where do you obtain that?) ...

Phoenix Medcom - Anyone Apply And Hear Anything?
Jan 08, 2013

I had applied to Phoenix Medcom a few months ago when I first saw their post since I thought it was an interesting concept but hadn't heard anything from them.  Now I see their new post and they want office experience within the past 5 years, which explains why I hadn't heard from them (it's been about 20 years since I've worked in a doc's office and transcribing for 15).  Has anyone interviewed with them and actually gotten a job with them?  I'm just ...

VPN And Internet Access (Phoenix Medcom)
Aug 11, 2013

According to their job posting, you would not be able to access the internet while connected to the VPN.  I was wondering if this would affect ALL computers using the same internet connection.  For example, my son connects to the internet on his laptop in my home via wireless connection.  If I were logged onto the VPN, would he also be blocked from accessing the internet?  Would really appreciate any info from anyone working for Phoenix or with a similar VPN setup.  Than ...

Phoenix Medcom? Good, Bad, Ugly? TIA. Nm
Oct 08, 2013

nm ...

Does Phoenix Medcom's Platform Have An Expander Program? Sm
Jan 08, 2010

Or do you need to purchase something separate such as Shorthand? ...