A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I had a thought last night as I couldn't sleep - again. sm

Posted: Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcription stays around and the majority hits India, if not all of it..Watch them start making demands, they are the ones that have had a strike already, we sit back and take it..I'm job hunting now, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Just a random insomniac thought, seem to have a lot of them lately

Insomniac thoughts - Shel

[ In Reply To ..]
You're not the only one who has thought this!! Most of my accounts that were straight transcription at 9 cents/line have gone overseas. All that is left is the editing at 4 cents/line, and I truly HATE it. Told them when I came on board that I did NOT want VR. "Oh, no... your accounts will be straight transcription." Yep, for about 2 months. I'm honestly hoping they DO start making demands, and MAYBE the lines will start coming back over HERE (where they belong, whole other rant). I've come to terms with the fact that the company is going to make a dollar any way it can, but when did physicians, et al become so uncaring about the quality of their reports?? SMH...

And that is my other random insomniac thought - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the physicians are demanding, since they are paying still the same price and probably higher than ever for transcription, that WE now become responsible for everything including making sure the reports are 99.7% accurate..After all if they are paying more, shouldn't they be able to rely more heavily on us doing it correctly? that is what I would expect with a higher price. Yet they are seeing the end result only and not knowing which ones are making the collossal mistakes. Most of the time it is not the US people, it is overseas.. So instead of demanding transcription be done HERE, they demand more accoracy. WE, the US people, are held to a higher standard so that we can bring up the overall precentage.

Pay rate - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just read in the newspaper that some manufacturing jobs are coming back to the US. US productivity has gone up but not the pay rate, while China's pay rate has spiked.

It will hurt us to have the minimum wage go way up. I'd rather keep down the minimum wage till we are competitive in the global market.

I was told - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that they are coming back to the US because the people of China are demanding more money, and they can't afford to pay them..Yet we in the US are demanding more money, so our jobs go over there. How to fix the economy in one fell swoop..the global corporate tax rate is 17% for business. Drop the rate here in the US to 15%, undercut them all and our business will come back..

Global - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we should do it. We need to do whatever we can to be competitive.

I agree - but take it further

[ In Reply To ..]
I think business who send overseas should be taxed the difference of what they would make if they kept work in the US, so that there would be no financial benefit to the company to send work outside the US. If the company insists on sending work outside, the tax would help the US deficit. If they keep the work in the US, it would help the economy.
global economy - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Good ideas.

I'm probably not too knowledgeable on what's going on in government, but I wonder if politicians are interested in a whole profession being lost to overseas. I don't know if Obama cares at all about this issue.

Also, I don't get why other countries don't generate their own work. Everything done here on-line can go overseas. Why don't they have medical records, radiology, coding, accounting, whatever, of their own?
Good idea - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Because right now, the USA has the highest corporate tax rate in the world, no wonder we are losing jobs to overseas. We have skilled workers, we have technology, we have some of the smartest people on the planet in this country,,,yet...the economy stinks, makes ZERO sense

Similar Messages:

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

Couldn't Get In, Now Saying I'm Logged In Elsewhere
Oct 07, 2010

x ...

I Couldn't Help It, Had To Share
Dec 18, 2012

One of my little foreign dictating darlins dictated under Social History said, patient doesn't smoke alcohol..   ...

Labor Day And OOW, But Couldn't Have It Off?
Sep 01, 2014

I knew it....I am not a moron.....hiring all these MTs for these accounts, running OOW on a regular work day.....did they think we would all stay busy on Labor Day?  I am disgusted and am taking the day off.  I ask about being off.......NO.  Don't you think that managers could make schedules knowing the work is slow?  Let people off if they ask, making sure to have at least 2 MTs on in case some work comes in?  That is too easy a fix....let everyone just be OOW and ...

Whew. Couldn't Get In Here For A Minute.
Dec 06, 2011

LOL ...

I Couldn't Resist Posting This...
Jan 20, 2012

So you've just been sold out to "the Q" Let me tell you what they will do. They'll mess with your income, your mind and health, While the CEOs accumulate wealth. They don't care if you're a daughter, mother, or wife, All they will do is mess with your life. You ask for advice, so I'll give it to you Run far, run fast away from "the Q." ...

I Know This Has Been Asked But Couldn't Find It..
Feb 21, 2013

How long should it take to edit a VR document?  I know straight typing should be about 3 times the length of the dictation but what about VR?  I know there will be variables and was just curious.  Thanks. ...

TCM Says For The Hours We Couldn't Work Because Of NJA We Can Use PTO, What???
Feb 26, 2013

So if there isn't work during my 8 hour shift and I only get in 6 hours, I need to take two hours of PTO to make up my hours?  Uh..provide me with work during my shift. Why should I have to use my PTO to make up the hours that this company can't provide me. ...

Important Work? Couldn't Be
Aug 07, 2014

It's ironic how we get emails about how important we are to patient's medical care and safety, yet we get paid a beggar's rate. Flipping hamburgers is a more important job; no customer wants a burnt hamburger, which explains why you can make more money at McDonald's. ...

By The Time I Got To The End Of A CP, I Couldn't Remember The Beginning.
Nov 03, 2012

Just plain too long and too many if's and's or but's. ...

Couldn't Find Any Info On SCRIBE 4 US
Nov 06, 2012

Couldn't find any info on SCRIBE 4 US.  Anyone have any information? ...

PHOENIX MEDCOM - Couldn't Find The Answers
Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you! ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

Stage II Sleep
Dec 04, 2009

Is it stage II sleep or stage 2 sleep? ...

Sleep Medication
Jan 15, 2010

I think... It s/l "serac" maybe? couldn't find anything on something like that.   thanks for any ideas! ...

Sleep Apnea
Mar 30, 2011

The patient has sleep apnea and doc says probably have to come back for s/l refeeding and possible face mask and pressure use.    Could be repeat, but did not know if the term refeeding is relevant to sleep apnea ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

Sleep Transcribing...
May 18, 2012

I just did that. I was just so tired that I just transcribed a whole 4 minute job while doing what I think was sleeping. If felt good so it must have been some kind of sleep. I was saved by the phone. My husband called and woke me up and I looked up at the screen and it was an utter mess! I repeated lines over and over and typed gibberish. I went even as far and complex to hold down the shift key for brackets. I don't know why I did that when I didn't even need them. I'm s ...

Sleep Apnea Word
Sep 15, 2010

"The patient has sleep apnea.  She states she is wearing a mask and is on...... " It sounds like "homo 2" ? Any ideas ?? Thank you !!   ...

Duodenal S/l Sleep Ulcer
May 16, 2012

This is dictated several times. I cannot find anything for "sleep ulcer" or "sweep ulcer." Any ideas please? Thank you! ...

Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Aug 20, 2013

He does have obstructive sleep apnea with s/l low gas strains per factor. ...

S/l Epfor Score Has To Do With Sleep Apnea?
Nov 13, 2009

thanks ...

Sleep Study Paramater Studied: (s/l) MM8
Feb 18, 2010

On a sleep study/pulmonary somnography report, under the heading "Paramaters Studied" the doctor says "MM8."  Does anyone know if this is correct or should it be MM-VIII or other ?  I can't find anything on this with googling.   Thanks. ...

Sleep Apnea Because Of Mexican Friends?
Apr 12, 2012

Doing a consultation in which the doctor is trying to figure out if the patient's has sleep apnea.  He says a list of reasons: "...history of elevated body mass index, snoring, large Mexican friends and hypertension." I'm sure he can't actually be saying large Mexican friends, but I can't hear anything else! ...

What Would Sleep Apnea Go Under For Review Of Systems? Cardio Maybe??
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

Drug S/l Ju-ca-sade Pt Has History Of Sleep Apnea, Osteopenia
Jul 14, 2010

fibromyalgia, prediabetic, anxiety, depression, hypothyroidism, weak bladder and stomach irritation.  Thanks! ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

COPD, Obesity, Sleep Apnea, With Subsequent Problems Of S/l "piklookian
Jun 04, 2010

Patient with multiple problems  - COPD, obesity, sleep apnea, with subsequent problems of s/l "piklookian" syndrome and pulmonary hypertension. ...