A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I know this has been asked but couldn't find it.. - curious

Posted: Feb 21, 2013

How long should it take to edit a VR document?  I know straight typing should be about 3 times the length of the dictation but what about VR?  I know there will be variables and was just curious.  Thanks.

Well - since

[ In Reply To ..]
it takes 3 times to type, it should take 1-1/2 times to do VR, Yeah right! They cut my pay in half, so I should be able to do it twice as fast as typing it, but most end up barely, if any, faster.

Tell me about it. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a report yesterday in Escription that was about 9 minutes long and it took me 45 minutes to edit it! Now, I am new to VR but come on. The doctor was American but it had a lot of little errors in it.

Similar Messages:

Couldn't Find Any Info On SCRIBE 4 US
Nov 06, 2012

Couldn't find any info on SCRIBE 4 US.  Anyone have any information? ...

PHOENIX MEDCOM - Couldn't Find The Answers
Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you! ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

Couldn't Get In, Now Saying I'm Logged In Elsewhere
Oct 07, 2010

x ...

I Couldn't Help It, Had To Share
Dec 18, 2012

One of my little foreign dictating darlins dictated under Social History said, patient doesn't smoke alcohol..   ...

Labor Day And OOW, But Couldn't Have It Off?
Sep 01, 2014

I knew it....I am not a moron.....hiring all these MTs for these accounts, running OOW on a regular work day.....did they think we would all stay busy on Labor Day?  I am disgusted and am taking the day off.  I ask about being off.......NO.  Don't you think that managers could make schedules knowing the work is slow?  Let people off if they ask, making sure to have at least 2 MTs on in case some work comes in?  That is too easy a fix....let everyone just be OOW and ...

Whew. Couldn't Get In Here For A Minute.
Dec 06, 2011

LOL ...

I Couldn't Resist Posting This...
Jan 20, 2012

So you've just been sold out to "the Q" Let me tell you what they will do. They'll mess with your income, your mind and health, While the CEOs accumulate wealth. They don't care if you're a daughter, mother, or wife, All they will do is mess with your life. You ask for advice, so I'll give it to you Run far, run fast away from "the Q." ...

TCM Says For The Hours We Couldn't Work Because Of NJA We Can Use PTO, What???
Feb 26, 2013

So if there isn't work during my 8 hour shift and I only get in 6 hours, I need to take two hours of PTO to make up my hours?  Uh..provide me with work during my shift. Why should I have to use my PTO to make up the hours that this company can't provide me. ...

Important Work? Couldn't Be
Aug 07, 2014

It's ironic how we get emails about how important we are to patient's medical care and safety, yet we get paid a beggar's rate. Flipping hamburgers is a more important job; no customer wants a burnt hamburger, which explains why you can make more money at McDonald's. ...

By The Time I Got To The End Of A CP, I Couldn't Remember The Beginning.
Nov 03, 2012

Just plain too long and too many if's and's or but's. ...

I Had A Thought Last Night As I Couldn't Sleep
Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcr ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

This Has Probably Been Asked Before, But...
Jun 19, 2013

What would you do if you worked for Nuance and was offered a job to start immediately with another company?  Would you have to give 2 weeks' notice and possible lose the job offer? ...

Been Asked To Tier Up
Feb 25, 2010

Good? Bad? Should I run screaming for the hills? ...

I Am Sure That This Question Has Been Asked But .... (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer and cannot decide between a desktop or a laptop.  Which do you prefer and why?  I love the idea of not being confined to my desk with the laptop but afraid that it will not "hold up" like a desktop in the long run. Thanks so much for your replies! ...

Below I Asked A Question About What
Sep 23, 2010

Max House or Health PFC KA system for a knee replacement.  In case anyone is interested, the QA response was MAX-HEALTH PS TKA system.  However, I tried to verify this for myself on google, but I could not.  QA must have a better reference library than I do.  FYI. ...

Has It Become A Given That We Are Asked To Work OT W/o OT Pay?
Nov 10, 2010

Evidently it is an unwritten rule at my company that when you are asked to work hours outside of your shift, or over 40 hours, it is a given that you are to do so with no extra pay.  Should I bring it up?  Am I the only one? We all work 40 hours on my account, some nights, and some weekends.  Always have.  Now the AM is e mailing on the weekend asking us to get on there and get caught up.  Extra money is never mentioned - never paid, although if more than 40 hours is on ...

Someone Asked Me If There Is Work Out There
Dec 08, 2011

I ran into a former co-worker.  She asked what I was doing and I told her I am doing medical transcription from home.  She said her daughter is taking an online course in MT but it is slow going.  She asked me a few questions about the field.  Mainly she wanted to know if there is work out there.  I didn't want to be negative so I said yes, there's work out there, even though in my heart I know her daughter is going to have a tough time getting work.  At l ...

I Am Curious If Anyone Who Has Asked Has Ever
Sep 02, 2012

received a response as to why they were not given a job or even given the chance to test.  I never have.  ...

TSM Asked Why I Have No Hours!! Really??
Mar 05, 2013

I asked her if I was supposed to pull work out of the air??  I was so angry!! Are these people clueless or just stupid? I asked her if she thinks I like making no money and why would I show up every day that I am supposed to and do nothing?? I told her that I knew what the company was trying to do and that I Would Not Quit, so they had better find another reason to get rid of me. I asked her if she knew of this website and that the MModal MTs actually "do" talk to each other and we know wha ...

An MT Asked That Question?
Apr 17, 2013

Show me one MT who cares about this. ...

WTH Asked This Question?
Apr 17, 2013

It's one step up from How's the Baby? ...

Update--You Asked For It!
Nov 01, 2013

A few weeks ago I stopped in here to tell you all good-bye. I had found a new position doing psychiatric transcription and I was taking the leap. At that time, a few of you asked me if I could tell you where I was going and I didn't feel I could at that point. I have now been with Saince, Inc and I can tell you without a doubt I made the right choice for me. The training was actually "hands-on." The trainer explained and showed us how to do something and then he turned his computer ove ...

Has Anyone Asked Their TSM To Move Them To Another BOB?
Feb 23, 2014

How did this go ... did your TSM take it personally or is it strictly business?  My BOB is constantly, constantly out of work.  If I stay put in this BOB I will go under, but I also don't want to target myself or get in the radar as being disloyal or a "ship-jumper".  Can anyone share their experience with this, and how the conversation went down with their TSM?  ...

Since Most Were So Nice The Other Day When I Asked
Apr 12, 2014

about Synernet and steps to do things, I want to ask something else.  I keep losing autocorrects!  I saw the note about exit Fusion last and I try to make sure I do that, but I am still losing them.  I have not exited Fusion since adding Tessalon Perles, yet it was not there when I tried to put it in just now.  Is there another trick to keeping them? ...

I Am Sure This Has Been Asked Before But Is Anyone Currently Working For
Sep 12, 2014

Inscribe as an IC and what is your opinion of them. ...

I Know I Asked This Before But I Do See Some Lag In The Up And Download Every Now And Then And Am
Mar 20, 2015

wondering if others have noticed this at all lately. It isnt bad but just moreso than before for me anyway.  I know it isnt my computer because I use my own computer so it is the system.    ...

Anybody Been Asked To Resign??
Jun 07, 2015

i just ignored it for now but are they crazy, asking us to resign vs firing us? i wouldnt give them the satisfaction, they will have to kick me out if i am suddenly such a rotten MT. feels like an SNL Seth & Amy segment of "Oh really?" Really. ...

How Do You Feel About Being Asked To Tattle (sm)
Nov 25, 2009

We have a problem on our team with MTs cherry picking *gasp* - I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't a problem. Anyway, I agree it's a problem, and on more than a few occasions I have had to grit my teeth as I work through bad dictator after bad dictator because everyone else on the team seems to have disappeared waiting for the crappy reports to be done. This week an email was sent out asking us all to take screen shots of the queue when we think this is happening, and se ...