A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

13 hours to go - Kimi

Posted: Feb 20, 2014

I have 13 hours left to work at this company and then I am done.  I am typing what I consider good grammar for the ESLs and not worrying about an audit.  My blood pressure has come down.  I am cruising, not swearing and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.  This company has been wonderful to me for most of my time as an MT.  I am saddened by the changes that have happened in the last few years.  I am going to work in Central Supply at an Ambulatory Surgery Center and can't wait.  I'm nervous starting a new job at 53 years of age, but I know if I can be an MT, I can be a Central Supply Tech.  Good luck to all.  At 5 p.m. PST tomorrow I will be hanging up my keyboard. 

Good luck to you, Kimi ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I know how hard the decision to leave was, I'm facing it now. I've been here for 16 years and I'm trying really hard to come to terms with the fact that I may actually have to leave this company, myself. Facing that reality is probably the hardest part, so more than anything I want to say how much I admire you making this decision, and putting yourself out there to start over again somewhere else ... that took a lot of courage and I hope you'll come back with a fantastic update about your new job.

I'm certain that Central Supply's big gain, is MModal's big loss.

13 hours to go - Kimi

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm pretty nervous. Thanks.

You're gonna do great ... - XYZ

[ In Reply To ..]
Just keep your head held high and whatever you do, don't look back. Close this door forever!

13 hours to go - Egraine

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh no! I am in school to try to work for M Modal.
I certainly wish you the best. No one but other MTs know what we know. I have gone and come back (with another company), and you may be back one day. Best, best, best to you!

13 hours to go - jrb

[ In Reply To ..]
Gives me encouragement to know that I am going to be 55 and have been trying to find another job and was fearful that due to my age, I would not be able to find one. Good luck to you. I believed I would retire from this job, not so. I agree, way to many changes in the last 5 years. Have been with this company for almost 19 years.

13 hours to go - Kimi

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told they wanted to hire someone over 50 because we seem to show up for work, LOL. Not sure that is true, but happy they chose me. Thanks everyone.

13 hours to go - jrb

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe that for sure. I have had part-time jobs at the same time working for Mmodal and the last one said for sure the older women work harder than the teenagers. Would hire me back in a heart beat but I have moved out of state and had to leave one of the most fun and fantastic jobs I had ever had. It was a restuarant with gift shops and a gorgeous garden to walk through in KY called Patti's 1880s Settlement. Family owned, people I worked with were great, owners were great. Look it up on line.
13 hours to go - Kimi
[ In Reply To ..]
I will. Sounds lovely.
Best of Luck - NY MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Have a great time at Central Supply and enjoy your new job! I have worked in-house at a couple of hospitals in different departments (not Central Supply though) and the CS staff at the hospitals were always friendly and enjoyed their jobs. Good Luck!

Kimi - Great move

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy for you, Kimi. I know you will do well in your new career. Best of luck to you!

13 hours to go - Kimi

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks everyone...9 hours to go. :D

13 hours to go - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so lucky to get out of MM! Besides being less stressed, you will be out of the house and around other people and will probably be a lot healthier and happier. Nice to read good news on here.

Similar Messages:

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...

Best Hours
Aug 28, 2010

I know there are so many on here who are fed up with Medquist.  But, can anyone tell me if there is any shift or days that work is usually available?  Overnight shift?  Evenings?  I have 2 friends who work for MQ and they are not out of jobs when they work.  (well, that's what they tell me).  They said it actually just depends on the account.   Is anybody here OK with MQ, maybe not perfectly happy, but not destitute either?  TIA ...

Every 4 Hours
Jun 29, 2011

so can someone clear me up about how to type q4h   ?? (as in every 4 hours).    thanks! ...

Only 8 Hours...
Dec 08, 2011

Ok, I'm not as fast as I used to be and the doctors keep giving names of physicians that are not on their list and are spelled different ways so I take the time to look them up because blanks are not a thing I like to leave on a report.  Today we get an email that we can no longer work off the clock which for me is a problem.  Do you take the time to look things up like that or what do you do to get past the OCD of trying not to leave a blank?  I feel like MQ is chasing ...

Q.6-8 Hours?
Apr 25, 2012

Doc says q. 6 to 8 hours with food.  Is that transcribed "q.6-8 hours"? Thanks for any help! ...

TTS - 8 Hours
Jul 15, 2012

I thought if we logged 7 hrs/day was considered okay, but now I'm getting notices that it is supposed to be 8 hrs/day - 8 hrs a day of actual transcription is pretty hard to concentrate - the mind and body has to take breaks! ...

So Far (2 Hours In) Don't Like DQS 7 -
Jul 24, 2012

Can we change the color of the audio highlight.  Mine is purple and it is driving me nuts.  It used to be yellow in the old DQS.  Thanks ...

Hours For FT Or PT? Sm
Sep 05, 2012

How many hours are considered FT?  How about for PT work?  Thanks. ...

PT Less Than 20 Hours. Possible??
Jul 16, 2013

As hard as it is for Nuance to get/retain employees has anyone every been able to negotiate for less than 20 hours PT with them? ...

PT Is How Many Hours?
Jan 20, 2014

I am planning on going PT, the least amount of PT as possible as I have been diagnosed with CHF and atrial fib and the stress of this job will wind up killing me.  I am already on partial retirement, so just need a few extra hours/week.  What is the least amount of PT hours a person can work?  Thank you. ...

OOW Yet Again. Twice In Less Than 2 Hours. What Is Up?
Apr 16, 2014

Have less than 3 hours of PTO. This is getting really old. ...

Regarding The PTO And 104 Hours Without Pay...
Jun 18, 2014

I noticed when I took a day off without pay, at the end of the pay period, the PTO earned shown in UltriPro was only 4.14 hours instead of 4.62. Does this mean if we take any of that 104 hours of unpaid time off they were so generous to give us, our actual paid time off will be cut?   Has anyone else noticed this?  How sleezy. ...

PT 16 Hours
Aug 17, 2014

Does anybody work less than 20 hours?  I now work 24 hours, but due to a medical condition, I am finding it hard to work 24 hours, 16 would be much better.  Does anyone know if they make exceptions to the rule of at least 24 hours? ...

How Are You Getting Your Hours In?
Feb 17, 2015

How are you all getting your hours in with the current low volumes? I do not work without being paid so I will NOT sit around 16 hours a day waiting for a report or 2 to come trickling in. Is everyone having this issue. I used to have a couple of exclusives who, since the TSM was let go, are no longer exclusives with no explanation as to why the change. So now I am pretty much at the mercy of what comes in and when, and as I said, I don't give any company my time without compensation fo ...

PT Hours
Mar 06, 2015

Does anyone work 12 or 16 hours/week?  I see in the policies there are such hours that can be worked.  I am wondering how to go about switching.  Should I just tell my manager next pay period I have to switch to 12 or 16 hours?  It is due to medical conditions and I just got disability but I find I need a little bit more money/month to feel safe.  Im wondering if they will give me grief.  I have been here 17 years and always pass my audits, the last 2 audits were 99 ...

PT Hours Question
Oct 14, 2009

Two questions:  If you sign on to Medquist part time, is there a certain number of hours/schedule that you have to adhere to?  Also, can you go over that number of hours (work extra) or do you need permission to do so? ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

So You Can't Roll Over 40 Hours PTO?
Dec 12, 2009

I always thought that you could carry over PTO under 40 hours into the new year but someone was telling me today that they did away with that policy or are doing away with that policy and that you will loose everything now and start fresh with PTO.... So is that true or is she just mistaken?  If that is the case I am SCREWED because I didn't ask for any time off this season and will lose about 30 hours.... so I hope it is not. ...

2-hour, 2-hours?
Apr 28, 2010

Hello. I've got something I've been wondering about. I know that when saying something like "There is a 2-hour window ..." I should hyphenate 2-hour. What about when the word is plural? For example, 2 hours, 30 minutes, 4 days, etc. Do I hyphenate there? I work freelance for a lawyer doing SS disabilty claims, and he is extrememly laid back about rules (nor do I get any specific feedback) and I just do what I think is right, so I love to have somewhere I can go for experianc ...

Is Is Possible To Find A PT MT Job At Just 10 Hours
Jun 09, 2010

per week?  I work FT but my pay has been cut and I need to find PT work.  I think all I could handle would be 10 hours a week.  I could do this on weekends, 5 hours each.  Is this a fantasy?  Do companies want 20 hours per week?  Anyone work a job less than 15 hours a week?  TIA.  :) ...

Study Hours
Jul 25, 2010

I am looking forward to enrolling in a medical coding class through Andrews School this fall.  I was curious as to how many hours a night or week a student puts in studying.  I work full time, and also have a prn evening job doing transcription in the community that I live.  Those hours are flexible.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

IC With Assigned Hours??
Aug 09, 2010

I thought "IC" meant you worked the hours that met YOUR needs.  You're already taking a hit on benefits and taxes, so it would seem that schedule flexibility would be the only reason to opt for IC status.  I applied for a job that was IC with hours of "any time."  When I interviewed for it, they had very specific hours they wanted their ICs to work - all crappy.  I saw another IC job today that was "flexible" but farther down in the ad it stated "third shift full-time."& ...

Is $100 For 8 Hours A Good Pay?
Aug 09, 2010

I make about $100 a day after taxes doing transcription for 8 hours.  I wanted to know if that sounds about right.  I live in the south. TIA ...

Calculation Of Hours
Aug 30, 2010

Lines typed divided by lines per hour = how many hours you actually worked, even if what you have on your time sheet is more?  Does this make sense to anyone?  ...

What Work Hours Do You Use?
Sep 08, 2010

I have had a heck of a time lately figuring out how to work days and I was looking for alternatives... Most of my accounts upload between 2-4pm everyday.  TAT is 11am the following day.  I have a son who is in daycare so I hate to work when he gets home from school, and I only have the evenings with my husband... What work hours do you use?  Thanks!! ...