A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Our POD has mandatory OT but other PODs are getting incentives - why? How is that fair?

Posted: Mar 16, 2015

x

yea - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
i saw that incentive yesterday, i think it was just for that day, but i was having none of it. my day off and i can barely get my 40 hours in without wanting to throw myself off a bridge. incentive be damned. i'd be happy to tell them what incentives might really work, but they wouldn't care.

What IS fair - about this whole

[ In Reply To ..]
hellhole of a company?

well - yup

[ In Reply To ..]
just got the mandatory OT email...for the next 7 days, possibly 2 weeks. which means not only 1 hour extra per day, but a total of 7 hours in the next 7 days. there is a special place in hell for this company and i hope they suffer horribly.

Similar Messages:

Which PODs Were Taken Off Mandatory OT?
Mar 23, 2015

Just wondering, still have it here and am doing regular clinic notes from an hour ago, not partials.  To me, that seems pretty well caught up.  ...

Pods
Dec 25, 2014

Anybody ever watch Lockup on MSNBC.  I never really have, except there was nothing else on to watch and this prisoner (Oklahoma) was talking about how he didn't want to be transferred to a certain "pod" because he had a problem with someone in it.  OMG - prisoners are also in pods?  I'm speechless. ...

Why Are Many On PODS, And Many Are Not?
Mar 13, 2015

Is it because of the work availability on accounts.....meaning there is not enough regular work coming in from them individually to warrant "a primary account or a primary MT?"  Is it because of client specs for different accounts?  Does it matter whether it is clinic work or hospital work?  Is it because they could put all of these accounts on the same platform?  I really do not get this. I am not on a POD.  I work on Charnet.  I have a primary account, ...

Questions About PODs And Audits
Nov 12, 2014

I understand that many of you have gone to this POD system, and have read that we will all be doing that.  I guess I would be considered East, but I do not know.  I have not heard anything from MM about it, but I find it hard to sleep at night worrying about job security.  Is it just on say Fluency?  I do not really know what that is and have never used it.  I came as an acquisition and work on the ChartNet platform.  I have also read that you have like 100 di ...

Quality Metrics Since The PODs
Feb 11, 2015

Is it just my accounts, or has anybody else noticed that their BOB/POD quality metrics have taken a nosedive since they started these PODs?  Previously, my BOB would be in the green constantly and we would get praise for it.  Now, all I ever see is red..too many criticals, too many major and minor errors.  Seems like this whole POD idea is working marvelously.  I hope they fail to meet contract and clients start dropping like flies.  Of course, that would be our fault. & ...

And You Thought MModal Was The Only One With Pods?
Mar 24, 2015

I was almost hysterical during a meeting I had today at my daughter's high school when the Math teacher stated that..."The kids are now all being put into PODS so there can be a collaborative method in teaching math..."  (apparently this is the new Common Core standard that most of the kids seem to be failing at miserably).  Who knew Pods would become so popular? ...

WEEKEND INCENTIVES
Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for?  ...

I Think I Know What's Good About Incentives. Sm
Oct 17, 2010

I get NJA on Sunday morning in the beautiful crisp sunny South.  Now I can go to church and then go on a picnic to see the waterfalls and God's glorious paint brush on the leaves!!!    There is always brightness in every discouragement.  Yeah, so what, I am not making any money, but it does not cost anything and saves my sanity when I can enjoy the free time with my beloved family!!!    Have a Blessed Day all MQ friends and cohorts.  ...

Best Incentives/Rewards For MTs?
Dec 07, 2010

Hi All, I own an MTSO and want to offer the best pay structure possible for our MTs and Team Leads that are hourly employees. Unfortunately, the economy and this industry are still tough, so the sky is not the limit as far as how much I can pay per line. However, I was hoping to offer monthly/quarterly bonuses based on quality and attendance (combined with meeting daily line count requirements). Things we've considered are: A paid day off as MT of the month Monthly bonus of $25 ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

System Down - Incentives
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah, put all the incentives in place you want.  No help will be coming from ME.  I hope all the accounts get PO'd and find another company to do their work, one that doesn't outsource! ...

Hey Nuancers. Tell Us About The New Incentives
Jul 18, 2013

for QC where the more mistakes they find, the more they make, up to 40%. I hear they have the highest Q% rate and on some accounts allow no blanks. Is that true?-Unbelievable. ...

Can Anyone Please Explain WHY MQ Has Stupid Incentives
Oct 09, 2010

and offering OT on weekends when there is not enough work as it is.  As per usual during an incentive (I work FT and work Saturday), half way thru my shift I get NJA.  ***  On these stupid incentives, I just pray that I can even get my hours in much less any freaking OT. I know this is a redundant saying but......THIS COMPANY MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!  All the supervisors/managers/whoever who make these decisions all RIDICULOUS........... ...

Are The QA Incentive And Production Incentives Tied To Each Other
Dec 12, 2012

I have been on a conference call.  I am a former transcender.  I thought it was pretty clear that the QA and production incentives were not related to each other but people seem to be confused.  What is the feeling on this?  I thought it was pretty simple. ...

Is EMR Mandatory?
Apr 16, 2012

Perhaps I should know the answer but I do not.  What is the deal with the move to EMR?  Is it government mandated?  I just picked up a good side job transcribing for a cardiology group in my community and it's projected to last only until they go to EMR..the move isn't happening too quickly...are there penalties if they don't move to EMR?  Who is driving this? ...

Mandatory
Oct 10, 2012

Anybody enjoying the mandatory overtime.  Yea funny how we are on mandatory overtime and then get an email that states that if you run out of work, you are required to email them and flex your time and can only make it up after 5 p.m.  So again, you are required to check for your work throughout the day and if there is no work, sorry for your luck and if you want to be "lucky" enough to be employed w/ Nuance, you will then have to sign in and work on your off shift to make up your hour ...

Mandatory PTO?
Dec 09, 2012

Email received said basically,,,time sheet must be approved, make sure you have the required amount of time or PTO will be added to make up missing and you will need to re-approve it..I dont want to take PTO, I didnt run out of work, THEY DID..I put in my remedy ticket release without pay..How do they get away with that? ...

Mandatory OT?
Dec 20, 2014

Anyone else at SS wondering since when is OT mandatory?  Threats of pulling PTO and flex time already scheduled if normal days off during the holidays aren't spent working OT?  ...

MM, If You Want Mandatory OT, Then
Mar 16, 2015

only way I'd even consider OT.  period. ...

Still Mandatory OT
Mar 18, 2015

One hour required again today.  Too many people off on leave I guess. ...

Mandatory OT Over For My POD!
Mar 22, 2015

Finally some sense. ...

Mandatory Meetings - DSG
Apr 22, 2010

How can a company order you to attend mandatory conference calls and mandatory HIPAA training and mandatory platform training sessions and not pay you for your time?  Every time they send an e-mail for something such as this, they refuse to pay, even for an hour of time.  They tell you these meetings and conference calls are a bonus for you, and that they are saving you money by you not having to pay for them someday (do I look like I just fell off of the turnip truck?).  They mus ...

Mandatory Training Without Pay - Really?
Jun 03, 2010

Just informed that I have to take MANDATORY HIPAA training without pay because I can take it "anytime on my OWN time!"  LOL!!!  The course is 45 minutes long!  It is not enough that we have to learn account specifics "on our own time", read the constant silly e-mails "on our own time", but now we have to do mandatory training "on our own time."  Oh, yeah - and we have to pass the class with a test at the end too!  I feel like I am in a volunteer job!   Hmmmm, I ...

Looks Like Mandatory CMT Credentials Soon.
Aug 02, 2010

Just like the post below stated, House of Delgates known as (HOD) from AHDI is wanting everyone to ensure patient safety and the integrity of patient records, all persons involved in creating, editing, organizing, or transmitting protected health information should be formally trained and hold credentials relevant to those duties.  To that end, AHDI should move forward with the support of its leadership in actively advocating for mandatory credentialing by whatever means that can be accompl ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

TT Mandatory Training
Jun 10, 2011

In my state, they are required by law to pay.  I called the labor board to verify.  By law, they have to pay if you are a non-exempt employee.  I can't file a complaint until the training is completed, but I can do it online the same day as I complete the training.  They (labor board) also advised that I keep emails and attach them to the complaint.  Unfortunately, it could take up to a year to get the money - my state is sloooow in resolving issues. Even still, my ...

Mandatory Headers
Oct 03, 2011

Somehow turned off those pesky mandatory PE and DS headings on the left and cannot remember how or where to get them to turn back on.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Is OT Mandatory At Webmedx?
Oct 05, 2011

I am curious to know if all this overtime every week is mandatory or not.  MY AM asks for overtime on a daily basis and wants commitments for the week. I have been doing it, but am to the point where I just dont want to anymore, I have things in my life that I need to do or want to do instead of spending MY free time always working, working, working. Does anyone else feel this way too? I just dont want to get in trouble if I dont sign up and "commit" to the overtime every week. Thanks! ...

Mandatory Certification?
Jan 14, 2012

I was told by someone who attended a recent ICD-10 academy (for trainers) that the OIG is requiring all (current) coders to be certified by the October, 2013, ICD-10 implementation date.  I am aware of the OIG's compliance guidelines, but nowhere in that document do I find anything about mandatory certification. Also, I am not sure if they meant certified in ICD-9 or 10, but it is my understanding that the last ICD-9 CCS/CCS-P exam will be given in March, 2013, and at this point nobod ...

Is Hands On Mandatory?
Mar 16, 2012

Is the Hands On seminar mandatory?  I prefer not to take it as I am meeting the required line counts and just want to be left alone so I can do my job.  ...