A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are the QA incentive and production incentives tied to each other - anon

Posted: Dec 12, 2012

I have been on a conference call.  I am a former transcender.  I thought it was pretty clear that the QA and production incentives were not related to each other but people seem to be confused.  What is the feeling on this?  I thought it was pretty simple.

you have to reach - the 99.4% QA score

[ In Reply To ..]
to get the bonus or incentive, as well as you cannot pend more than 10% of your work and meet your minimum line requirements. They are tied together. Your post audits are only on a quarterly review. So if you only get a 99%, you are out of the incentive pay until the next quarter. Hope that helps.

Incorrect. Please view the meeting, folks. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The 99% bonus based on production is the same as ever, except only being allowed 10% QC submissions now instead of 15%. There is a new additional Quality Bonus that requires 99.5% QA score (not 99.4%) and is not dependent on number of lines produced, which is good for part-timers, since they weren't eligible for the other one if producing under 14,000 lines per pay period.

"Please view the meeting" - NTS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be happy to view the meeting if someone would send the link. I was not able to get in yesterday after registering so couldn't view it then. Asked my lead and she said she "would see what she could do." Right.....
There [was] a post farther down the board with it. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]

see link to link

Mods deleted it.  You'll have to get it from your TSM, sorry.  

that says a lot, IMO - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

My point was really nothing to do with that... sm - depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if I max out the production incentive and get the full 2 cpl, I STILL take a 0.0075 (almost a full 1 cpl) pay cut from what I was making. In the letter they sent me saying they would make up the difference for 3 months to "give me time to increase my production" (what an insult by the way), it said they estimated I'd be losing approximately $600 a month. I'm already a very high producer. I might be able to squeeze in an extra 1000 lines per pay period if I really push, but not the 6000 they're asking me to do. Basically that letter is a way for them to shift the blame of their pay cut from them (where it belongs) to me, and it's disgusting and insulting. IF I manage to get the 15% quarterly bonus with a 100% QA score, I can come close to breaking even, but that still doesn't make it where I can pay the rent until I get that first bonus in April, and let's face it, consistently getting 100% is impossible without stopping to completely proofread each document, which then drops production accordingly and negates the extra money.

This has been the trend for years now. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The ultimate goal has been to bring all of our salaries down to pretty much minimum wage. Most of us have been in your shoes for years now.

It was once a great job but those days are long since over and there are only a few MTs left to assimilate into the "new" reality of the industry as a whole.

Believe me. That bonus is a pie in the sky. They will not - let you reach quality score to qualify.

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what Nuance is famous for. They have it out there just for show. You'll never qualify for it so if you are counting on that to pay your bills and survive, you'd best start looking for a second job to supplement. Pay is based on a newbies expectation and Nuance knows that and is what they focus hiring on. It 'aint what it used to be.

Agree, bonus is nearly impossible at 99%, no way for 99.5%. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been here 2 years and get the bonus 1 quarter and then the next quarter I am below 99% again (always barely under).

It is rigged against the MT. I never count on the bonus. Also, any reports that get audited the last 2 weeks of the quarter are always the most harshly scored and they refuse to reverse them as they are too close to the cut off point (this was per 2 different TMs).

Something's happened to the posts, they're jumbled up. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Look down below under Post A Reply, etc., and you'll see that this thread isn't chained and displaying the same way as it is on the main page of this board. I don't even see your "Say what you will about Transcend" post on the main Nuance page, just the "Are the QA incentive and production incentives tied to each other" post as first one. Did yours get moved from another board?

Must be your computer. It looks fine to me. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Nothing wrong with my computer. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]

Main board:  http://i.imgur.com/JiVyS.jpg

"Complete Discussion Below":  http://i.imgur.com/sauKT.jpg

Yeah, that's how I'm seeing it too. - depressed
[ In Reply To ..]
That's actually how I found there was a Nuance board. I posted on the main company board and it showed that QA/production bonuses thread as a reply to mine, and then when I clicked on that I found myself on the Nuance board, but my post was still on the main company board and not there. It had me confused for a minute.
well done. poster - I call a foul (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. It's very weird, because the original is still over on the Company Board. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It wasn't moved, so don't know how this hybridization of threads could have happened. But worked out for the OP, I guess, so he/she could discover the Nuance board.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Production Incentive
Jun 21, 2011

Does anyone know how Nuance calculates the amount you will get for your production bonus? I know I have met the requirements, but just wondering how they figure out how much you are going to get.   Thanks! ...

TransTech Production Incentive
May 09, 2012

Is that paid just on lines above minimum requirement or applied to all lines typed for the pay period? ...

Production Incentive Payout Discrepancy
Jan 28, 2011

They apparently overpaid me for a bonus and this amount will be deducted from my next paycheck.  Nice.  And what was the amount of this bonus I received that they can't live without? $1.48.  A DOLLAR @!#$& 48!!  ...

AMPHION TRITON PRODUCTION....ANYONE GET INCENTIVE?
Apr 07, 2015

I am curious if anyone or many out there are able to hit the 13,500 lines per period to get incentive on the Triton platform with Amphion.  I am usually a high producer, but the lines on Triton just don't seem to add up no matter how fast I go.  Is this just me?  What's the trick? ...

Tied Up On Thanksgiving?
Nov 20, 2014

How many of you have to actually work on Thanksgiving and make minimum wage? Slave labor. ...

What Exactly Is The Benefit Rate Tied To?
Jan 14, 2013

What exactly is the benefit rate tied to?  As in is that how they figure your pto or holiday rate?  Is the benefit rate figured by our lines per hour rate?  ...

Would Someone Please Explain To Me Why We Should Be Tied To Our Email 24-7? Sm
Sep 08, 2013

Why do these companies think we have nothing better to do than read the company email even on our days off or after our shift is over.  Never in all the years I have been working (and that is over 40) have I had a job where I was expected to be on call 24/7 and especially for this kind of treatment.  We get MANDATORY READ AND REPLY emails at any random time, and management is ready to ream us a new one anytime we don't read them.  Just because we work from home doesn't m ...

Tongue Tied --- S/l Salitic Or Salidic Or Cyalitic
Jul 20, 2011

Regarding an abscess, doctor says: this may have been there for longer than 24 hours as it appeared that there were somechronic overlying skin changes on the wound. However, given the overlying {salytic}changes as well as the manifestations of fever, he was started on Keflex. ...

Endotracheal Tube Tied To The Mandibular Preomolar?
Nov 19, 2011

Doing an op report and it sounds like he said the endotracheal tube is secured to the patient's mandibular (what sounds like) premolar?.  That doesn't sound right to me, but just unsure.  ...

WEEKEND INCENTIVES
Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for?  ...

I Think I Know What's Good About Incentives. Sm
Oct 17, 2010

I get NJA on Sunday morning in the beautiful crisp sunny South.  Now I can go to church and then go on a picnic to see the waterfalls and God's glorious paint brush on the leaves!!!    There is always brightness in every discouragement.  Yeah, so what, I am not making any money, but it does not cost anything and saves my sanity when I can enjoy the free time with my beloved family!!!    Have a Blessed Day all MQ friends and cohorts.  ...

Best Incentives/Rewards For MTs?
Dec 07, 2010

Hi All, I own an MTSO and want to offer the best pay structure possible for our MTs and Team Leads that are hourly employees. Unfortunately, the economy and this industry are still tough, so the sky is not the limit as far as how much I can pay per line. However, I was hoping to offer monthly/quarterly bonuses based on quality and attendance (combined with meeting daily line count requirements). Things we've considered are: A paid day off as MT of the month Monthly bonus of $25 ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

System Down - Incentives
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah, put all the incentives in place you want.  No help will be coming from ME.  I hope all the accounts get PO'd and find another company to do their work, one that doesn't outsource! ...

Hey Nuancers. Tell Us About The New Incentives
Jul 18, 2013

for QC where the more mistakes they find, the more they make, up to 40%. I hear they have the highest Q% rate and on some accounts allow no blanks. Is that true?-Unbelievable. ...

Can Anyone Please Explain WHY MQ Has Stupid Incentives
Oct 09, 2010

and offering OT on weekends when there is not enough work as it is.  As per usual during an incentive (I work FT and work Saturday), half way thru my shift I get NJA.  ***  On these stupid incentives, I just pray that I can even get my hours in much less any freaking OT. I know this is a redundant saying but......THIS COMPANY MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!  All the supervisors/managers/whoever who make these decisions all RIDICULOUS........... ...

Our POD Has Mandatory OT But Other PODs Are Getting Incentives
Mar 16, 2015

x ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...

Yay! Another Incentive!
Mar 16, 2012

Just like they did last year and I think the year before that.  They will have pretty much an incentive every week to get the backlog all pristine, whether or not there is a lot of work.  Because of this, if you participate in trying to reach this incentive, your goal each time will be higher and higher, to the point of unreachable.   Dirty tricks. ...

Here's What I Do As Far As Incentive Pay....
May 01, 2012

First, let me say I have 30 years experience as a MT, but this is my first experience with editing.  That said, I hate editing except it does give my arms a break.  I can maintain 99% QA and low QC score.  What I can't do is a zillion lines per hours.  I used to make well over $40,000/year before internet came into this field and then the editing.  This year I'll be luckly to make over $2?,000 which just sucks. The incentive plan is just plain stupid.  It ...

Incentive?
Jun 29, 2012

What exactly is this incentive thing? I just know it's used in the same sentence as "they're may be NJA" in the email I got! ...

Does Anyone Get Incentive Pay For SR?
Jul 12, 2013

I've put in an application for an SR job at a company but just found out they don't offer an incentive for SR work.  Is that the norm or not?  Seems like a pittance to work for 0.045 CPL and no incentive, but new to SR and I'm not sure what the standard is in the industry.  Any info appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Incentive Help Please!
Nov 06, 2013

I really need some help.  I am having trouble trying to prove my case to my manager.  I have not been receiving my incentives for a few weeks and today I started doing some research to figure out what is going on.  Turns out when I enter the dates in fiesa, I show a totally different percentage than what they show when I go to approve my timecard.  I talked to my manager and she cannot give me a straight answer.  All I need to know is where is it documented about&nb ...

Incentive
Nov 05, 2014

Well I just approved my lines for last week and noticed a weekly incentive bonus.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised, so either I am missing something or we may end up actually being fairly happy with this new program. Thoughts?  ...

OT Incentive
May 13, 2015

WOW!  So if you normally work Thursday thru Saturday you are required to work 5 hours of OT to receive it.  Don't know about you but 13 hours is too much for me.   ...