A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WEEKEND INCENTIVES - iluvrainydaze47

Posted: Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for? 

In general, I think it just screws the ones - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
who are scheduled to work on the weekends out of their work. We'll sometimes get an email talking about low work & flexing our time, and then another email offering overtime incentives. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Weekend incentives - stumped

[ In Reply To ..]
I usually work them just because we are always so far behind. Truth is, when you add the money I made from the incentive with my usual end-of-the-month bonus, it usually winds up about the same as what my bonus usually is without the incentive. I always wonder if my end-of-the-month bonus would be the same whether I worked for the incentive or not.

It's really not worth it. They know they won't have to - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
pay out much if any at all, incentive because they set that target rate that you have to get FIRST before starting that extra 3 cents a line so high that they know one of 2 things will usually happen....you won't be able to reach that target or the work will run out bc everyone is TRYING to do that. Win/Win sitch for them; they get everyone to clear out the work that's there and still don't have to really pay out on that bonus.

Similar Messages:

I Think I Know What's Good About Incentives. Sm
Oct 17, 2010

I get NJA on Sunday morning in the beautiful crisp sunny South.  Now I can go to church and then go on a picnic to see the waterfalls and God's glorious paint brush on the leaves!!!    There is always brightness in every discouragement.  Yeah, so what, I am not making any money, but it does not cost anything and saves my sanity when I can enjoy the free time with my beloved family!!!    Have a Blessed Day all MQ friends and cohorts.  ...

Best Incentives/Rewards For MTs?
Dec 07, 2010

Hi All, I own an MTSO and want to offer the best pay structure possible for our MTs and Team Leads that are hourly employees. Unfortunately, the economy and this industry are still tough, so the sky is not the limit as far as how much I can pay per line. However, I was hoping to offer monthly/quarterly bonuses based on quality and attendance (combined with meeting daily line count requirements). Things we've considered are: A paid day off as MT of the month Monthly bonus of $25 ...

How Come We Do Not Get Bonuses Or Incentives.
Jan 04, 2013

We used to get shift differentials and extra if you work weekends.  Also used to get more if you type a certain amount, but with no jobs what does it matter.   ...

System Down - Incentives
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah, put all the incentives in place you want.  No help will be coming from ME.  I hope all the accounts get PO'd and find another company to do their work, one that doesn't outsource! ...

Hey Nuancers. Tell Us About The New Incentives
Jul 18, 2013

for QC where the more mistakes they find, the more they make, up to 40%. I hear they have the highest Q% rate and on some accounts allow no blanks. Is that true?-Unbelievable. ...

Can Anyone Please Explain WHY MQ Has Stupid Incentives
Oct 09, 2010

and offering OT on weekends when there is not enough work as it is.  As per usual during an incentive (I work FT and work Saturday), half way thru my shift I get NJA.  ***  On these stupid incentives, I just pray that I can even get my hours in much less any freaking OT. I know this is a redundant saying but......THIS COMPANY MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!  All the supervisors/managers/whoever who make these decisions all RIDICULOUS........... ...

Our POD Has Mandatory OT But Other PODs Are Getting Incentives
Mar 16, 2015

x ...

Are The QA Incentive And Production Incentives Tied To Each Other
Dec 12, 2012

I have been on a conference call.  I am a former transcender.  I thought it was pretty clear that the QA and production incentives were not related to each other but people seem to be confused.  What is the feeling on this?  I thought it was pretty simple. ...

NJA On A Weekend!!
Jan 29, 2011

NJA on a weekend with a bonus going on!!!!  What an exercise in frustration.  And to make matters even worse, I received a recruiting e-mail from the boss....looking for new transcriptionists.  I have been NJA 3 days this week and then a bonus going on on the weekend and cannot even get my scheduled weekend time in!! ...

Over The Weekend, I Did Not Have Enough Work Available
Nov 30, 2009

to even make minimum wage.  I am an employee with a set schedule.  Does anybody know where I can find info regarding minimum wage payments when production work is not available. ...

Weekend Work
Mar 23, 2010

Does any one know of companies that will hire for just weekend work (Sat. and Sun.)?        ...

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

Big Rush Over The Weekend And Now NJA! NM
May 03, 2010

No Message ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

No Work - Weekend
Sep 10, 2011

Never, in my 15 years with this company, has there been a time where I ran out of work on a weekend!   NICE. ...

Anyone Know Of A Co Needing Weekend MTs...
Jan 31, 2012

I have 15 years experience, but can't seem to find any steady work that includes weekends (like Fri - Mon, Thurs - Sun). If anyone knows of anything or has a suggestion, feel free to e-mail me.   ...

NJA Again After A Full Weekend Of NJA
Jul 09, 2012

and yet my CCM sent out a message requesting assistance on one of my accounts for this coming weekend.  What the blazes!  I have had NJA on all but one of those days she is requesting help for the last couple months.  What is she thinking?  It is quite obvious that the account is over staffed on a couple of those days and we will not need the help this week.  Its frustrating as I am barely making enough to live on as it is due to constant NJA and now she is asking for he ...

Incentive For Weekend
Jul 12, 2012

Here we go again, incentives offered for weekend and having to meet minimum lines to earn the incentive, but work is popping up so slow it isn't even funny.  My time card looks like I just clock in and out for the fun of it.  Come on!  Where is the work to even make the incentive pay? ...

Mandatory Weekend Day?
Jul 18, 2012

I just listened to the monthly meeting and she said ALL employees are now required to work at least 1 weekend day? Has anyone who is M-F been forced to change their schedule yet?  ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...

Weekend Warrior
Oct 13, 2013

Are there any companies willing to hire a great, highly experienced CMT for Fri, Sat, Sunday?  Having a hard time finding anything.  ...

Did Anyone Take Them Up On The Offer Of OT This Weekend?
Sep 29, 2014

Sorry, not worth it to me.... ...

Mandatory Weekend Day
Oct 21, 2014

After 12 years with Mmodal, and 5 with YOG, all working a weekend day, I still cannot get change my schedule to at least every-other weekend off.  Does everyone work a mandatory weekend day, or is it just T3?  TU ...

MOT On A Holiday Weekend And More
May 23, 2015

There is nothing more irritating to me than to call for MOT on a holiday weekend knowing darn good and well that the workload will slow down and work might trickle in for the majority of the accounts, yet you expect an extra hour of overtime... kiss my grits MM You offer bonuses for certain groups in a POD, send out emails on backlog and MOT for our group, yet I'm getting accounts from someone elses POD, not some other group but someone elses POD... kiss my grits MM You ding me for puttin ...

Wow...first Time I Have Ever Ran Out Of Work On A Weekend!
Feb 20, 2010

Now, I have to sit and play catch up all day, fighting everyone for every job that comes in.  This sucks.  I have my grandson coming over today and would like to play instead of sitting at my desk.  Have a good weekend fellow MTs, hope you have enough work! ...

Required 4 Weekend Hours?
Mar 09, 2010

I work for the NorthEast section of Medquist and my supervisor wanted to verify all of our hours before we started getting locked-out of working hours other than our scheduled hours. When I emailed my hours to my supervisor, I stated that I wanted to drop my 3 hours I had previously been scheduled on Sunday night since I was having a hard time keeping those hours. Mind you, I already work 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. She then wr ...

Are You Kidding Me? ANOTHER Weekend Incentive? NM
May 07, 2010

No message ...

Mandatory Weekend Work
Aug 07, 2010

Can a company impose mandatory weekend work on their employees who work one weekend day anyway?  Just curious !  MTs have Friday to Monday to complete the mandatory schedule of say an extra five or 10 hours !!!     ...