A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*Modal promising me big $$! They need to stop! LOL! - 16TRANSCRIBER

Posted: Apr 08, 2014

Okay, I'm about to get irritated with M*Modal.  Being laid off in Sept. due to M*Modal getting our accounts.  I think most of you have followed my story here lately so you know the scoop. Anyway, none of us are going to apply with MM, but MM will no take no for an answer!  They have asked us at least on 5 different occasions to test with them! Each time they say hurry, hurry so you can reserve your spot!  I cannot help but think of graveyard plot when they say that......but anyway they say you have 20 days....hurry, hurry.  We are all like..will you leave us alone!!!!!! We don't want to work for your stinkin' company!  This is the kicker here though.  Last week, they said to send word that we would make way more money working for MM and working less hours!  I sent word back saying, that doesn't even make sense.  Why would our hospital outsource to a company that pays a transcriptionist more, duh!  I made almost $28/hour my last paycheck....I'm gonna just plug along until September and when I get laid off I'm gonna look up to heaven and say...Thank you God for blessing me with this job for almost 17 years!

The first thing that came to mind - when I read this...

[ In Reply To ..]
Remember this Bond theme?... imagine Shirley Bassey singing it, and every time it says Goldfinger substitute, well, you know.

Goldfinger, he's the man
The man with the midas touch
A spider's touch
Such a cold finger
Beckons you to enter his web of sin
But don't go in

Golden words he will pour in your ear
But his lies can't disguise what you fear
For a golden girl knows when he's kissed her
It's the kiss of death from Mister Goldfinger
Pretty girl, beware of his heart of gold
This heart is cold

Golden words he will pour in your ear
But his lies can't disguise what you fear
For a golden girl knows when he's kissed her
It's the kiss of death from Mister Goldfinger
Pretty girl, beware of his heart of gold
This heart is cold

He loves only gold
Only gold
He loves gold
He loves only gold
Only gold
He loves gold.

Just got a new account with some horrible dictators - may be yours

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the dictators is just awful. He complained into his dictation that he doesn't want anymore blanks. "make sure to fill them in," he says. He also was wondering why so many blanks all of a sudden. According to my TSM, this doc had a couple MTs that would do his work in house and have no blanks.

I remember you said something about this before and just wondering if it was your hospital. The doc's initials were SN.

You won't get any of our lovelies until Sept. - 16TRANSCRIBER

[ In Reply To ..]
This morning I was doing some doozies for one of our particularly very, very bad ESL physicians. I think I did like 30 for him this morning. Horrible. 15 second reports that end up being a page of straight type. Actually, we only have 3 that are whoppers with dictation. A few others that could be better, and then a ton that are really good (everyone has a bad day dictating).

but still making $28/hour were ya!? - rack it up girl

[ In Reply To ..]
puleeze!!!!!!

remarkable the - promises

[ In Reply To ..]
that can be made when one is not held accountable for such statements.

personally I was hired on from my previous employer - not the OP

[ In Reply To ..]
at 9/4 and am second tier. So it's not all bad.

Funny how they can make it look better than it is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been here 10 years, MME, and make 8/4. The thing is the first number can be 11, and it wouldn't matter. 90% of work is ASR, so at 11/4, you'd still make the same as 8/4.

That's about what I make and I'm an MME, getting the worst of the worst. - I think I got screwed in our buyout. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

can I ask what the line rate is they offered you? - mthanded

[ In Reply To ..]
I've heard they are going as low and insulting as 3 cpl. I hope that isn't still the case. You are very smart to take your talents elsewhere, by the way.

didn't let them get that far - 16TRANSCRIBER

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not interested so I would not work for them for any money. My shift has to be set in stone. My children who are 4/9 come first. I'm not interested in working any hours other than school hours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - good luck with that.

[ In Reply To ..]
what a privileged life you must live. Hope you have a degree in something or you don't have to work because not too much chance you will get to work 8-3.
You've worked for MM too long. You are not nice. - Wow
[ In Reply To ..]

Good for you. Stand your ground. My shift is important to me too. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We're already working a highly stressful job for peanuts, so I'm not giving up my entire life on top of that. I hold out for at least a decent shift that works around what I have going on in my life.

I came over at 10 and 6 with an outsource a few years ago - but I quit last year.

[ In Reply To ..]

at least some - culpability

[ In Reply To ..]
Not looking to cause an uproar, but so be it. Can you allow any small concession that the fact that you made $28/hour typing rote sentences over and over may have contributed to being outsourced? I would suppose the MTs now making less than minimum wage would be willing to, if the wayback machine was functional, work for an hourly rate more in line with the knowledge and skill required in exchange for having their job security, respectful treatment by their superiors, and full benefits back.

Just as blood in the water attracts sharks, so do overpaid employees attract salesmen with great savings for the hospital via outsourcing.

agreed 100%. I have been transcribing 13 years and never made - 28/hour

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet your hospital killed themselves getting that contract with MModal. I'm surprised you lasted that long to be honest.

Some of you are unbelievable - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of you people are unbelievable. I've been in this business for 20+ years and I used to make between $30-40 hour-I was VERY fast but also we used to be paid what we were worth in this business-We are NOT just typists-we have to have an education and be able to pick up the mistakes doctor's make in meds, right/left etc. If none of you made that kind of money that's on you...not because we were doing something wrong.
I used to also make - $$$$
[ In Reply To ..]
but I had to walk a mile in the snow to get to my job. Ahh, the good old days. Unfortunately, someone (Thinking probably) invented the word processor. THEN, someone (probably also Thinking) wrote a program called speech recognition. And cigarettes were 33 cents a pack. Good times, good times.

You have worked 13 yrs and never made $28 an hr? - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked 12 yrs as an MT and 9.5 yrs of that was for the same hospital. Before we were outsourced I averaged anywhere from $22-$25 an hr. About $500 of that was my bi-weekly incentive and there were transcriptionist in my dept that made more than that.

One reason I am done with MT to this day is because of the ridiculously atrocious pay scale these MTSOs pay. You say "LOL" but I honestly don't think it's a laughing matter. I took the MTSO route briefly after being outsourced, but thankfully something better came along and I was able to quit. And no, not another MT job; this business has become far too unstable for me.
No. never. I make more at MModal. I was paid $8/hour - 13 years
[ In Reply To ..]
at the hospital then left to work for MModal. I couldn't believe my luck. I make about 14-15 an hour now. That's pretty good for where I live.
Agree, it's all about location - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Where I live, the highest paid MT in-house was around $13/hour. In my area that is well above average for any job with similar education level. My husband is a teacher here,10+ years, and makes 24K a year. I actually make more at mmodal than I could in my area.

I used to make 7 cpl, but gross lines, and I could - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
make $25 to $30/hr pretty easy when I'd hit my stride, but I couldn't do that but maybe 5 hours a day at most because it was exhausting. We used to get paid for headers, footers, all CC info, all patient info, etc., as well. The big companies really screwed us over & ruined a good thing.
Oh how it would be different if any other profession was paid like that - Just Imagine!
[ In Reply To ..]
If the medical profession just suddenly decided to change doctors' pay to production only then they would have to see many patients during their shift. Or how about the doctors don't get paid unless their patient refills a prescription? Then it would be a whole different story.

Just sick.

I'm not overpaid, just fast - 16TRANSCRIBER

[ In Reply To ..]
First off, you do not know my work ethic. I do more work on my shift than any of the other transcriptionists do in 2 days. I do all our ESL. I am the ONLY one out of our tight group that makes NEAR that. The others make around $14-15. So to say I am overpaid, you don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

I can state this - opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
without any regard to your ethics or speed. You are typing words someone says. You are doing no thinking, no innovating, nothing but typing. Your hospital or whatever has a grossly distorted pay scale. Feel free to preen, but facts are facts.
wow, jealous much? - 16TRANSCRIBER
[ In Reply To ..]
Jealously is an ugly shade of green.
if you are not - overpaid
[ In Reply To ..]
then you shall have no problem finding another position making the same wage. Market forces and all that. It takes maturity and wisdom to admit that one has lucked into an ill thought out salary situation rather than one is just so darn special, but THEMS THE BREAKS.
agreed. and that is why you are out the door - if people with ESL can do it why should
[ In Reply To ..]
they pay an american $28/hour. You are welcome to get off of your high horse now.
transcriber - molleycat
[ In Reply To ..]
Leave the woman alone! Y'all are just jealous that at least she has the balls to stand up to mmoral and we don't! We just take it and complain and stay where we are. I'm looking for a way out and I respect anyone who stands up to either Mmoral or Nuance! Good luck to you transcriber!
Doing no thinking? I am a thinking medical transcriptionist. - this profession requires constant thought
[ In Reply To ..]
And more than just "typing what someone says." You can't possibly be an MT, at least not a good one, and actually feel that MT does not require thought. ??
thought? - I would hope so
[ In Reply To ..]
If not, then robots could do it. It takes thought and knowledge of a specific vocabulary. It takes keyboard skills. It takes thought to answer the phone at the gas station too. Should gas station attendants make $28/hr?

They should if,,,, - me
[ In Reply To ..]
they were paid by the gallon of gas they pumped! What is the difference in paying by the line and selling per item?? Do you mean to tell me that you would begrudge someone making money if they worked hard for it, or are you one of those "fair share" folks that think it should be spread across the board, even to nonproducing people??
if you - are
[ In Reply To ..]
making that money, you tell me. If you are not, why?
Not the OP, but your post is not based on facts - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I get the impression you have only worked for MTSOs; either that or you worked in a clinic or possibly a hospital that didn't pay much. It has never been an uncommon thing for MTs who worked directly for a hospital to make good money ~ $40,000 to $60,000 a year based on experience and incentives before the big outsourcing wave came into play.
back to the beginning - and
[ In Reply To ..]
that is WHY hospitals outsourced. Get over the past folks. It is over. It was a fluke of the universe. Market forces corrected the wage.

You are replying to the wrong person - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I was just outsourced a little over 3 years ago and have since moved on. My post was simply to make a point that it is not uncommon for MTs to make over $20 an hour before being outsourced.

Some of these posts seem to indicate that we were over paid and I beg to differ.
Sounds like you're saying MT work is not worth much - saying pay was a fluke and has been correctec.
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
come again? - no thinking?
[ In Reply To ..]
No thinking involved in this job? Are you an MT?
So maybe $40 an hour - if
[ In Reply To ..]
you transcribe actually thinking instead of totally blanking your mind as you transcribe? Thinking is a given in any career.
I'm not even talking about money - talking about thinking
[ In Reply To ..]
yes I do on occasion have to engage my brain. The person I was replying to indicated that all we do is type. There's a little more involved in it than that.

Don't you DARE apologize. You earn 28 an hour, YOU deserve it - mtnsp

[ In Reply To ..]
This crappy twisted attitude is why our industry is TANKED. Of course, you deserve 28 an hour. Like the other poster said, we professional MTs all made 30 to 40 an hour and it was fair pay. This is no peanuts job. Never apologize especially on this miserable board. Good for you and NEVER apologize. I'm sorry you got outsourced, but I know you will be fine. this industry tanked cause the workers agreed to peanuts, so we get peanuts. I'm out of here, and am never looking back.
If she deserves it - why dont
[ In Reply To ..]
you deserve it? If you also DESERVE it, do you not believe in the United States of America? We have a system that sets prices and wages by supply and demand. How arrogant to think this field is the exception to the rule that made this country great.
If there were no Thinking men in suits figuring out how to move the profit from the worker to the corporation, we would not be the great land of opportunity and Thinking.
to all the haters - 16TRANSCRIBER
[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't believe transcriptionists make in the 20s to 30s and in some cases $40/hour you are mistaken. I am amazed at all the hateful comments made. If someone told me they had a great job, I would say...hey, that is terrific! I'm sorry for your situation you seem to think you are in. And, as far as the person who said transcriptionists don't have to think...oh my goodness, what an asinine comment! Maybe you should start thinking and you could earn more! My previous supervisor who decided to go to IC about 5 years back is making $25/hour. These jobs still exist. I feel sorry for all the people who posted hateful comments about my earnings. I don't have anything to apologize for, and all you haters can kiss my rear end! And, thank you to all the people who came to my defense!
read whole - thread
[ In Reply To ..]
I truly hope you follow the advice you received here when you are job hunting next fall. Be sure the recruiter you are talking to realizes that you were twice as fast as all your coworkers despite the fact you did all the worst dictators. Be very firm in your demand for the shift you prefer. Let them know that your personal life takes precedence over the company's requirements. They will be so impressed with your high standards and you will go far.
Maybe, maybe not - what I have found sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Companies want what THEY want, and do not care what YOU want. If they want second or third shift, they will not consider otherwise. If you do not do it, somewhat else will.

To 16TRANSCRIBER, I also was with an MTSO making 26-30 an hour on a piece-of-cake account that had doctors using templates that were whole pages long for Exam and ROS. There were more templates in the dictation than not. I was raking in just over $50,000 a year, working only 7-7-1/2 hours a week, and you know what? That is exactly why I am sitting here at MM making 12.50 an hour now. When EMR came along, the MTSO just could not stay in business, and they were going to have to let most of the MTs go anyway.

In your case, their reasoning is not just your pay. It is the actual physical space they provide for you. It is your sick time and your vacation time. It is your benefits and any retirement provided to you. It is the equipment that you use, and the maintenance of the equipment, etc. etc. The cost of you, and all of their MTs, goes way beyond just your pay. There is no escaping this.

But hey, we had a good ride while it lasted. I am sure you are an excellent MT. That is why this place would not suit you. You will not make the same money. You will not keep your same account. QA is unbelievable, and they have the final say. There are many things to make you fail an audit, not just your MT knowledge. Performance management goes for everyone, no matter how good you are, and that reduces your pay significantly. Your benefits will not be as good. Your PTO will be reduced. Everything may be the same for 6 months, and then they change your shift, stating NO EXCEPTIONS. You have to do 39-40 hours a week, even if there is low/no work on your shift, or take PTO. They will definitely overload your account with MTs so this will be the case.

You are making a wise decision if you are able to go elsewhere, as no one is happy with acquisitions here. I would not mind the pay cut so much, but everything else is just absolutely ridiculous. Trying to get out, but my age is holding me back, plus the last 3 companies I worked for are out of business now so there are really no reliable references as to my work ethic/ability for the last 15 years, except MM, and they only verify employment. They do not give references.
Sorry, meant 7-7-1/2 hours a day - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
not applying with MM - 16TRANSCRIBER
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your kind response, but I am not applying with MM. I am thinking about maybe IC work or maybe not transcription at all. I kind of have a few irons in the fire. Thank you!
uh, yeah - whatever
[ In Reply To ..]
I think somebody's being facetious.

you will have to go through the coder program to - make that now

[ In Reply To ..]
good luck.

If you truly were making $28 an hour it's not - hard to see why your facility is

[ In Reply To ..]
looking to outsource the work.

We had a girl where I used to work in house that was wicked fast. sm - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
She made up the words as she went along like Pseudomonas originosa because she was so busy being fast she never stopped to look things up.
same here - friend of boss
[ In Reply To ..]
She said Crystal Lite was infused. I asked her about a word once and she just froze because she knew I always looked stuff up and didn't want to acknowledge her devil may care tude.

Hey it wasn't our fault what the job paid. - 25-years exp here. Not OP

[ In Reply To ..]
If you were willing to work hard, you were given incentives. Some people made more, some less.

Why do you all have to test? - When our hospital was

[ In Reply To ..]
Outsourced to them, we were all offered tier 3 positions and were told we didn't have to test, but we all had been there for quite a while so maybe they were looking at our seniority. Only 4 of us took the offer. Out of us 4 who took the offer, only one person is still there.

Oh yes you can! MM VR is so wonderful you can do 3x more production! - just joshing

[ In Reply To ..]
That's their next line. Oh, and by the way you will be paid 40% less for VR too. :-p

My Samsung phone has better VR than MM!

It takes longer and is more difficult to edit MM VR. Oh, and BTW, your accuracy score must be at least 99.7% - and 2 punctuation errors will cause you to fail. In all my years here, I never failed an audit until they jacked it up to an untenable 99.7% I just flunked 4 audits in a row. I finally passed an audit by not editing and instead retyped the reports. :-D

Ask the recruiter about the untenable 99.7% accuracy demand. :-D :-D :-D

Truth is it is not a percentage of anything. Doesn't matter if it was a 10 line report or a 150 line report.

I enjoy hearing about they struggling attempts to woo you. Stick a few more thorns in their side for me. LOL

Myself, I just finished school and am looking for my first foot in the door job.

M*M promises - All lies

[ In Reply To ..]
What M*M promised me was just what I wanted and not what I got. This company will lie and then turn on you in a New York minute. Again, MTs, the only way this company will be brought to their knees is to not work for them. I applaud you for turning them down and your fellow MTs. And another thing, if they are promising you that you will stay on your account, you won't. Nuff said. Don't even think about working for them, even if you have to go out and make the same amount of money elsewhere; anywhere but here!

They are desparate for you to work for them temporarily. - They need you to learn the account.

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you for not helping them.

mmodal promising - mtinmi

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you!! You are worth every cent you are making and I hope the facility that made this decision to outsource to MM realizes what they lost by taking the cheap way. There will definitely be a transition when in-house MTs are not doing the work especially if none that are familiar with the account are going to MM. As you said, each physician has their little quirks and someone doing production work (which is nothing against any of us doing it) just does not have the dedication to that particular physician. Unfortunately MTs have been forced into feeling this way. Best of luck to you and I definitely respect your views and your strength for standing up!!!

The company I used to work for paid hourly, so - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
the pay scale was pretty much set with highest being around $22. Wish I could have been paid by line when I was doing straight typing all day, I would have made a lot more and it seemed my quality was better with typing than editing. Wow, 28 an hour - good for you.

if you made a kind remark please read - 16TRANSCRIBER

[ In Reply To ..]
I really do appreciate the kind remarks made by numerous strangers on this site. Although all the ugly posts didn't bother me one bit it did make me feel sorry for those doing the postings. Surely, they are not happy with their lives and they feel they need to tear someone down to feel better about themselves. A bit of advice to those people, you will never benefit from such an ugly attitude towards others. For the ones who made remarks that were kind..let me say they were exceptionally kind and I thank you. Kindness costs nothing, and others need to realize that. I cringe at the posts made by other people who work for MM. That sounds like hell to me. If MM is the only place you have worked, there are greener pastures and transcription still is in some places/once was in other places a very lucrative business for a transcriptionist. True, true, true...I know transcription is fading away quickly with technology but it is still alive for a bit longer. MM is darn lucky to have all of you. As for me, I would not work for MM for one day. Again, for all the kindness shown I say thank you!

Modal is using all of you - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Modal keeps you working until their "computer" does backend VR which learns the doctor's by the editing program they have. They just signed a global contract with Dignity Health in Calif (about 43 hospitals) and we ALL got laid off, employees & Vendors. They tell the hospital nothing will go off shore, however, all reports just say "MODL" on them and they have no clue where the reports are being done. I am sure the CEO's are getting big bonuses from them. I was able to keep ONE doctor from the hospital because they left so many blanks and he complained to the CEO. If the govt knew that making our reports electronic would cause thousands of MTs to lose their job I think they would think twice about it. Nothing is said because most of us don't even get unemployment. They are going after the coders next, anything that is electronic. Then the business office got laid off because of Optum 360 which is also an Indian based co. What is going on here? I can't even make minimum wage which I think is about 9.00 an hour now. Very sad situation we are in. Something needs to be done.

Similar Messages:

How To Make M*Modal Stop Incessantly Calling Me? I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR THEM
Jul 09, 2012

I am so sorry if this has been posted before. I looked but didn't see any other posts. I applied with M*Modal a while back but landed a different MT job that I'm happy with. But these people still will NOT stop e-mailing me and calling me and leaving automated voicemail messages. ONE voicemail message is quite enough. If I was genuinely interested in working for them, I probably would have called them back, ya think?? (And boy, it's really nice to know I am not a human being t ...

Promising Job?
Oct 23, 2013

http://www.fftranscription.com/join-team.html  ...

Radio Ad For An MT Seminar Promising
Sep 20, 2011

better wages than most people make (yeah right - maybe 10 years ago!), set your own hours (ha ha!) and every weekend off (how many MTSOs really let you do that!). I am tempted to attend just to see how bad they lead these people on.  ...

MT Schools Promising Big Bucks
Feb 25, 2012

First, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be negative about this in any way and wish any new MT success. However, with this profession dying like it is and even very experienced MTs just trying to eke out even $10 an hour . . . It really aggravates me all of these MT schools and courses trying to suck innocent people in with their high tuition costs, etc. The fact is that nowadays it is akin to going and paying x amount of money to go work for $10 or less an hour. These schools/c ...

Just Curious, Which Kind Of TATs Are The MTSOs Promising
Feb 07, 2010

I remember in the late 90s, an op report at my company was 12 hours, a discharge summary was 48 hours.  I think H&Ps were even 8-12 hours; if there was one that was truly stat the hospital would call and it would be done sooner.  We were told the TATs and we watched out for them as a team (back when "team" really meant a respectful working relationship between the MTSO and the company).   ...

Help!!! Current Employer - No Work Versus Transcend Promising Work.
Mar 07, 2011

Okay, Transcenders/Ex-Transcenders.  I have not done VRE before - just straight transcription.  If it were down to not enough work to pay the bills and taking an offer from Transcend....you would or wouldn't and why???  Please???!!!!! ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Let's Please Stop It!
Nov 28, 2009

The conference calls are over,  the paperwork will soon be sent in, and rumors have been put to rest, at least I think they have been.  I am encouraged because D seems to be more at the helm than I thought she was going to be.  She answered a question yesterday which made things more clear about the rate cut.  I said a long time ago that 10 or 11 cpl was not going to fly forever.  You charge only what the market can bear, and in this economy it cannot handle those rates. ...

When Are They Going To Stop Messing With
Feb 10, 2010

MQ has made big changes to my primary account.  Now things are all messed up and because of it, we have to re-enter redundant information in the ADT screen.  For example, it says ADT Attending and ADT Admitting with the doc's names.  Those aren't carrying over to the report now, for some reason, so we have to re-enter those docs names in the additional ADT field under attending and admitting.  Also, all of the reference repository stuff is gone.  It now says th ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...

If You Are Let Go At WMX, Does Your Insurance Stop
Feb 23, 2011

nm ...

The Abuse Won't Stop
Jul 03, 2012

No one is going to do it for us.  There is wage theft, minimum wage, changing of timecards, disrespect for our knowledge, ridiculous working conditions, bad management, and no communication.  MTs have been left completely out of the conversation, and they are the MT in MTSO.  How bizarre is that? I think everyone should just walk away from their keyboards.  We won't know what the result of an action like that will be until we take it, and hold a positive intent on beha ...

Re: Comedy Stop
Jul 05, 2012

I really hope this doesn't get redirected. I meant to put it on the Main Board. I want to send out a request for more VR and dictation funnies. MTStars has gotten so depressing lately, and I could really use some laughs. ...

For Those Saying We Should Stop Training VR. If We Did, How
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

When Will It Stop Snowing?
Dec 31, 2012

. ...

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Nuance - Stop
May 04, 2014

I have never posted or replied to anything on MTstars.com, about any company in my 30 years in this field and have worked for a few BIG companies in the past (who were never this bad, not even Medquist) and with my own experiences I can say Nuance should be rated as a 10 as the worst company to work for (10 as worst).  If you are considering Nuance, do not waste your time or most importantly, your self-respect.   ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...

Oh, Stop With The Speakerphone Already.
Mar 17, 2015

It makes me strain to hear you and is exhausting.  Cut it out, Dictators. ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

2012 Is The Year I Am Going To Stop Being An MT, But
Jan 06, 2012

if you were me, a 34-year-old single mother, would you go back to school to finish your LPN degree (one year left) or finish your HIT degree (one year left also) and become an RHIT?  Or maybe do both? ...

Exactly WHEN Did They Stop Paying Holidays?
Jun 04, 2012

I was hired last December.   I could have sworn the recruiter said "7 paid holidays" and 25% pay increase (1 cpl increase - big friggin whoop) for working a holiday.  ...

One-stop Location For IC Information
Aug 20, 2012

Is there is book/website/company that offers information on how to become an IC transcriptionist, making a contract with client, how to handle accounting and/or legal issues, choosing dictating software etc? I'm considering it and do not know where to begin? ...

Nuance Just Doesn't Know When To Stop
Oct 04, 2012

Looks like Nuance is out looking for legal troubles. CEO, Paul Ricci tried to buy some friends with $5 mil apiece. But it ended in a lawsuit. Guess some people are seeing something besides dollar signs. <shakes head> See link http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2011/09/07/lawsuit-nuance-tried-to-bribe-rival.html ...

Start-Stop Transcription
May 21, 2013

Has anyone used Start-Stop Transcription and how do you like it?   ...

I Visited One-Stop And Asked About Trade Act
Nov 03, 2009

I decided to look into the benefits of the Trade Act which apparently includes only some states but which MQ has been qualified for.  I'm not yet unemployed but need to at least feel prepared.  I live in California so was given the name and number of the person in charge in my part of the state.  I also picked the brains of the One-Stop personnel about career changes.  They are a WEALTH of information, including 2 excellent websites:  www.edd.ca.gov www.onlin ...

Anyone Else Experiencing Slow To Stop In DQS Today
Jan 20, 2010

I got on my appointed schedule and DQS is slowwwwwwwww, waited 30 mins for one job to finally download, then it stopped and now in continual upload.....EEEEEEE.  This is ridiculous.   And I for one have heard nothing on my MQMail about this new SS time from my CCM or corporate.  SA3.... ...