A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance just doesn't know when to stop - ami

Posted: Oct 04, 2012

Looks like Nuance is out looking for legal troubles. CEO, Paul Ricci tried to buy some friends with $5 mil apiece. But it ended in a lawsuit. Guess some people are seeing something besides dollar signs. <shakes head>

See link

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2011/09/07/lawsuit-nuance-tried-to-bribe-rival.html

I had heard some time ago through another party - who does consulting for Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
on matters not directly related to the field of medical transcription that this guy is greedy beyond greedy. The law suits concerning his attempts at monopolizing MT, the lack of fair compensation to his MTs, and now this accusation of attempted bribery certainly fall right in line with this 3rd party's assessment based on his personal experience.

The insight to be gleaned here is hit this guy in his pocket book by threatening his income stream and hence his financial empire of massive investments and acquisitions, and he will fold like a cheap suit. His god is his money, and his god is very vulnerable. An organized rebellion against this company's unfair treatment of its MTs would bring the company to its knees in a matter of hours to, at most, days.

Food for thought and discussion in keeping with the posts below concerning what value there would be in organizing.

Similar Messages:

Nuance - Stop
May 04, 2014

I have never posted or replied to anything on MTstars.com, about any company in my 30 years in this field and have worked for a few BIG companies in the past (who were never this bad, not even Medquist) and with my own experiences I can say Nuance should be rated as a 10 as the worst company to work for (10 as worst).  If you are considering Nuance, do not waste your time or most importantly, your self-respect.   ...

ARE THERE ANY COMPANIES NUANCE DOESN'T OWN??!!
Dec 24, 2013

So, I have been looking around seeing what else is out there. First of all, don't you wish you could put a giant WARNING sign across the web sites for on line MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION courses??? Wow, what a joke! They are still calling it a great career! They are still saying you will be in demand and make 30,000 plus a year! I saw some sites from a few years ago where newbies were trying to find jobs and getting discouraged. People were telling them not to worry, they will be fine, etc. ...

Take A Look At The Grid ... Nuance Doesn't
Feb 13, 2015

If you look at the pay grid, N actually pays LESS for having a high QC% than for having a low QA score.  How does that make any sense?  They would rather having us submitting reports to the client with possible errors than sending things to QC.  It's all about the production! ...

Let's Please Stop It!
Nov 28, 2009

The conference calls are over,  the paperwork will soon be sent in, and rumors have been put to rest, at least I think they have been.  I am encouraged because D seems to be more at the helm than I thought she was going to be.  She answered a question yesterday which made things more clear about the rate cut.  I said a long time ago that 10 or 11 cpl was not going to fly forever.  You charge only what the market can bear, and in this economy it cannot handle those rates. ...

It Doesn't Get Better Than This!
Apr 07, 2010

I have an ESL dictating discharge medications with the hiccups! He just keeps right on dictating and I'm supposed to know what was said during the hiccup. VR is having a great time with this! ...

ROI DOESN'T PAY
Jun 02, 2011

Rapid Outsourcing Imaging hired me to work the weekend graveyard shift.  Their transcription platform does not refresh itself, and there is very little work.  What work does come in has an almost immediate TAT, so you are expected to sit in front of your pc for a 10-hour graveyard shift constantly refreshing your screen to check for work.  When work does come in and show up on your screen, it is already 7 minutes into the 20-minute TAT.  I was making about $2 per hour.  ...

Help...this Just Doesn't Look Right To Me...
Jan 13, 2012

Sentance reads: " The patient denies any parenthesis or weakness in the right lower extremity. "  It just doesn't look right and when I look it up online I only get examples and definitions of the puncutation parenthesis or parentheses... Thanks for all your help :) ...

When Are They Going To Stop Messing With
Feb 10, 2010

MQ has made big changes to my primary account.  Now things are all messed up and because of it, we have to re-enter redundant information in the ADT screen.  For example, it says ADT Attending and ADT Admitting with the doc's names.  Those aren't carrying over to the report now, for some reason, so we have to re-enter those docs names in the additional ADT field under attending and admitting.  Also, all of the reference repository stuff is gone.  It now says th ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...

If You Are Let Go At WMX, Does Your Insurance Stop
Feb 23, 2011

nm ...

The Abuse Won't Stop
Jul 03, 2012

No one is going to do it for us.  There is wage theft, minimum wage, changing of timecards, disrespect for our knowledge, ridiculous working conditions, bad management, and no communication.  MTs have been left completely out of the conversation, and they are the MT in MTSO.  How bizarre is that? I think everyone should just walk away from their keyboards.  We won't know what the result of an action like that will be until we take it, and hold a positive intent on beha ...

Re: Comedy Stop
Jul 05, 2012

I really hope this doesn't get redirected. I meant to put it on the Main Board. I want to send out a request for more VR and dictation funnies. MTStars has gotten so depressing lately, and I could really use some laughs. ...

For Those Saying We Should Stop Training VR. If We Did, How
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

When Will It Stop Snowing?
Dec 31, 2012

. ...

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...

Oh, Stop With The Speakerphone Already.
Mar 17, 2015

It makes me strain to hear you and is exhausting.  Cut it out, Dictators. ...

Doesn't ANYONE Have Work?????
Dec 02, 2009

I have TWO JOBS right now and BOTH are completely out of work.  It's been this way since mid-Sept or so.  Every week I think, I'll get up EARLIER and pop out even more lines than ever.............but to no avail.  NO WORK.  I'm an IC with one and an employee with the other (a HUGE company). This after I had two other jobs two years ago that completely flaked out too where the work load dwindled to nothing, so I looked around and took these other two (I tr ...

Doesn't This Figure!
Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone consta ...

MQ Doesn't Need To Fire Or Lay Off
Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work.  ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

S1 Transcription Just Doesn't Pay
Sep 25, 2010

Not paid for four months' of work. ...

Transcend Really Doesn't Seem That Into Me
Dec 17, 2011

I've heard how great Transcend is so I applied, in addition to 8-10 other companies.  I had heard such great things and such rave reviews from Transcend employees they were a company I wanted to hear back from most.  Two weeks later still not a word, and I had already tested for most of the other companies and had been given offers.  Because I was most interested in Transcend, I decided to write the recruiter using the email address I found on the website.  Even after a ...

Let Me Tell You What You Already Know--MTtoCoding Doesn't Like Us
Sep 11, 2012

Let's sum it up briefly. MTtoCoding doesn't like us one bit. She also doesn't like being here. It causes her distress, just like her university and the instructor from her university did. We are all losers. Continued. We are bad, the MT board is bad also, her university is bad, the teacher is really, really bad, credentialed teachers stink, work experience is a bad idea for teachers to have, etc. She just dropped in to tell us about a great new coding course. When she didn&rs ...

It Doesn't Seem Like Anyone Is Learning
Mar 25, 2014

This is a two-sided message. It is painfully obvious that no one is learning anything from having failed audits. This being said, I think there are a few sides to this. First, the error weights are harsh for a lot of small errors. Second, the error weighs are not harsh enough for other errors. Third, and most importantly, no one seems to be taking the time to learn anything from the audits/feedback in order to improve themselves and their work, which leads me to what I would do if ...

Doesn't It Piss You Off....
Jan 22, 2015

When you type an ESL, and you know he/she says the same thing all the time, but you cannot figure it out for the life of you.  Leave a blank and send it on, when you know that blank could have been filled?  I'm not passing it on to QA.  How many times I have been audited with the same doctors I have submitted to QA is laughable.  Fool me once....  etc., etc., etc. ...

Because It Is In Docqumanage Doesn't
Apr 19, 2015

Just finished a report on a new account..Doc racing through. Cannot understand what she said, so go into docqumanage for similar reports. Obviously people are just cutting and pasting because the name that you have in there for that camera (5 reports) does not exist in medical terminology..But when you slow down and listen to it a few times, what she says is one of the standard lap camera sizes..Dang and I failed an audit for leaving off a letter and adding a word... ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...