A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Start-Stop Transcription - ml

Posted: May 21, 2013

Has anyone used Start-Stop Transcription and how do you like it?  

I used it for many years.... - but recently

[ In Reply To ..]
when I had an issue with using the ftp portion of it and asking for support help, after a couple of hours of trying to fix it, the support guy said "it is broke." and suggested he would return after speaking to coworkers about problem. I am still waiting and that was nearly a year ago. I would no longer recommend them, as they do not support their own software to the point where they will truly help you. I use a different source now and relatively happy with it.

Start-Stop Transcription - ml

[ In Reply To ..]
Can I ask what type of system you use now? Are you an independent contractor with small clinics?

I am using bytescribe now - but only because a

[ In Reply To ..]
a prospective company I had applied to requested that I use it. It is expensive for what you get, which is basically just the wavplayer. I ended up not staying with that company, and now a different company I am in training with is requesting that we get the Olympus system, which is also very expensive, and I do not want to because since I am still in training, I cannot really afford to keep buying different systems for different company preferences. It is my opinion that if they want to have the MTs convert wav files to dss files, they should do the converting before sending it to us who have different systems, in order to play their files. I am tired of handing out money for different systems, and then not ending up losing the job due to emr or something. so far, I have spent nearly 1K this year to accommodate potential companies....what am I getting out of it? sorry, had to vent. conversion of different files is a big thing, really, so if you are looking into software, please consider that when making the choice. Olympus also requires a "different foot pedal" so there is another expense I cannot handle right now. sigh.
Start Stop - ml
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally understand your point. It seems ike the transcriptionist gets the raw end of the deal many times. I appreciate your input. Good luck with your job!

Similar Messages:

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

GearPlayer/Start-Stop/ExpressScribe
Oct 04, 2014

Hi! I am setting up to work digitally from home (good-bye tapes!). I have to get software and am looking for recommendations/information on which would be the best.  Thank you so much in advance for your input. I already have setup an FTP site with MTFTP, and must say it costs a little more than some that I looked at but came highly recommended from a friend.  It was very easy to navigate and setup.  One quick call to tech went very well, very helpful.  At this point, woul ...

Universal Start/Stop Foot Pedal
Nov 09, 2011

Does anyone who is using Emdat/Inscribe use this foot pedal?  If so, does it work well for you?  I am currently using an Infinity USB-1 foot pedal and even though I have configured it on the Emdat/Inscribe platform, it just doesn't work like it should.  I checked the price of the Universal Start/Stop Foot Pedal and found that it costs around $100.  I am reluctant to pay that much before finding out if it actually works well with this platform.  Anyone care to share ...

How To Start A Medical Transcription Service
Mar 12, 2010

I have been a MT for about 6 years now and would like more information on how to start my own medical transcription service for clinics (not hospitals).  Tried find a book on it but could not find any information or even a legitimate website on where to start with doing this.  I have been an independent contractor for 6 years but now would like to venture into business and get my own physician accounts and actually hire other MTs to work for me.  Anyone that has done this that can ...

Looking To Start Typing Medical Transcription At Home
Jun 21, 2013

I am looking to start doing medical transcription at home. I have 8 years experience in a family physician's office. How do I get started? What is a fair wage?  ...

Clear Choice Transcription - Received Their Log-in To Start Work?
Jul 31, 2012

Has anyone not received their log-in to start work? I've been waiting two weeks and don't think I can't wait another day. ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Let's Please Stop It!
Nov 28, 2009

The conference calls are over,  the paperwork will soon be sent in, and rumors have been put to rest, at least I think they have been.  I am encouraged because D seems to be more at the helm than I thought she was going to be.  She answered a question yesterday which made things more clear about the rate cut.  I said a long time ago that 10 or 11 cpl was not going to fly forever.  You charge only what the market can bear, and in this economy it cannot handle those rates. ...

When Are They Going To Stop Messing With
Feb 10, 2010

MQ has made big changes to my primary account.  Now things are all messed up and because of it, we have to re-enter redundant information in the ADT screen.  For example, it says ADT Attending and ADT Admitting with the doc's names.  Those aren't carrying over to the report now, for some reason, so we have to re-enter those docs names in the additional ADT field under attending and admitting.  Also, all of the reference repository stuff is gone.  It now says th ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...

If You Are Let Go At WMX, Does Your Insurance Stop
Feb 23, 2011

nm ...

The Abuse Won't Stop
Jul 03, 2012

No one is going to do it for us.  There is wage theft, minimum wage, changing of timecards, disrespect for our knowledge, ridiculous working conditions, bad management, and no communication.  MTs have been left completely out of the conversation, and they are the MT in MTSO.  How bizarre is that? I think everyone should just walk away from their keyboards.  We won't know what the result of an action like that will be until we take it, and hold a positive intent on beha ...

Re: Comedy Stop
Jul 05, 2012

I really hope this doesn't get redirected. I meant to put it on the Main Board. I want to send out a request for more VR and dictation funnies. MTStars has gotten so depressing lately, and I could really use some laughs. ...

For Those Saying We Should Stop Training VR. If We Did, How
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

When Will It Stop Snowing?
Dec 31, 2012

. ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Nuance - Stop
May 04, 2014

I have never posted or replied to anything on MTstars.com, about any company in my 30 years in this field and have worked for a few BIG companies in the past (who were never this bad, not even Medquist) and with my own experiences I can say Nuance should be rated as a 10 as the worst company to work for (10 as worst).  If you are considering Nuance, do not waste your time or most importantly, your self-respect.   ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...

Oh, Stop With The Speakerphone Already.
Mar 17, 2015

It makes me strain to hear you and is exhausting.  Cut it out, Dictators. ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

2012 Is The Year I Am Going To Stop Being An MT, But
Jan 06, 2012

if you were me, a 34-year-old single mother, would you go back to school to finish your LPN degree (one year left) or finish your HIT degree (one year left also) and become an RHIT?  Or maybe do both? ...

Exactly WHEN Did They Stop Paying Holidays?
Jun 04, 2012

I was hired last December.   I could have sworn the recruiter said "7 paid holidays" and 25% pay increase (1 cpl increase - big friggin whoop) for working a holiday.  ...

One-stop Location For IC Information
Aug 20, 2012

Is there is book/website/company that offers information on how to become an IC transcriptionist, making a contract with client, how to handle accounting and/or legal issues, choosing dictating software etc? I'm considering it and do not know where to begin? ...

Nuance Just Doesn't Know When To Stop
Oct 04, 2012

Looks like Nuance is out looking for legal troubles. CEO, Paul Ricci tried to buy some friends with $5 mil apiece. But it ended in a lawsuit. Guess some people are seeing something besides dollar signs. <shakes head> See link http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2011/09/07/lawsuit-nuance-tried-to-bribe-rival.html ...

M*Modal Promising Me Big $$! They Need To Stop! LOL!
Apr 08, 2014

Okay, I'm about to get irritated with M*Modal.  Being laid off in Sept. due to M*Modal getting our accounts.  I think most of you have followed my story here lately so you know the scoop. Anyway, none of us are going to apply with MM, but MM will no take no for an answer!  They have asked us at least on 5 different occasions to test with them! Each time they say hurry, hurry so you can reserve your spot!  I cannot help but think of graveyard plot when they say that. ...

I Visited One-Stop And Asked About Trade Act
Nov 03, 2009

I decided to look into the benefits of the Trade Act which apparently includes only some states but which MQ has been qualified for.  I'm not yet unemployed but need to at least feel prepared.  I live in California so was given the name and number of the person in charge in my part of the state.  I also picked the brains of the One-Stop personnel about career changes.  They are a WEALTH of information, including 2 excellent websites:  www.edd.ca.gov www.onlin ...