A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you are let go at WMX, does your insurance stop - that day or the end of the month? nm

Posted: Feb 23, 2011

nm

unless they are refunding your premium - wmxmt

[ In Reply To ..]
it better be at the end of the month since that's usually when it's paid up to. Now if they pay their premiums mid month (and I'd ask for proof if they say they do) and you leave mid month, then likely that day.

Were you let go as in fired or due to reduction in work force? - inquiring minds

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

webmedx changing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of changes, lots of people even high up are gone, no word from management as to what is happening. Something sure seems to be up. Unrelated to above post, just a comment.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know When They Stop Taking Insurance Deduction?
Jun 01, 2011

I dropped the insurance, but they are still taking my portion out of this check for 6/3.  I am assuming we pay in arrears then, so I should still have the insurance deducted on the next check as well?  I was really hoping that for that extra money this time! Thanks. ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

Let's Please Stop It!
Nov 28, 2009

The conference calls are over,  the paperwork will soon be sent in, and rumors have been put to rest, at least I think they have been.  I am encouraged because D seems to be more at the helm than I thought she was going to be.  She answered a question yesterday which made things more clear about the rate cut.  I said a long time ago that 10 or 11 cpl was not going to fly forever.  You charge only what the market can bear, and in this economy it cannot handle those rates. ...

When Are They Going To Stop Messing With
Feb 10, 2010

MQ has made big changes to my primary account.  Now things are all messed up and because of it, we have to re-enter redundant information in the ADT screen.  For example, it says ADT Attending and ADT Admitting with the doc's names.  Those aren't carrying over to the report now, for some reason, so we have to re-enter those docs names in the additional ADT field under attending and admitting.  Also, all of the reference repository stuff is gone.  It now says th ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...

The Abuse Won't Stop
Jul 03, 2012

No one is going to do it for us.  There is wage theft, minimum wage, changing of timecards, disrespect for our knowledge, ridiculous working conditions, bad management, and no communication.  MTs have been left completely out of the conversation, and they are the MT in MTSO.  How bizarre is that? I think everyone should just walk away from their keyboards.  We won't know what the result of an action like that will be until we take it, and hold a positive intent on beha ...

Re: Comedy Stop
Jul 05, 2012

I really hope this doesn't get redirected. I meant to put it on the Main Board. I want to send out a request for more VR and dictation funnies. MTStars has gotten so depressing lately, and I could really use some laughs. ...

For Those Saying We Should Stop Training VR. If We Did, How
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

When Will It Stop Snowing?
Dec 31, 2012

. ...

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Nuance - Stop
May 04, 2014

I have never posted or replied to anything on MTstars.com, about any company in my 30 years in this field and have worked for a few BIG companies in the past (who were never this bad, not even Medquist) and with my own experiences I can say Nuance should be rated as a 10 as the worst company to work for (10 as worst).  If you are considering Nuance, do not waste your time or most importantly, your self-respect.   ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...

Oh, Stop With The Speakerphone Already.
Mar 17, 2015

It makes me strain to hear you and is exhausting.  Cut it out, Dictators. ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

2012 Is The Year I Am Going To Stop Being An MT, But
Jan 06, 2012

if you were me, a 34-year-old single mother, would you go back to school to finish your LPN degree (one year left) or finish your HIT degree (one year left also) and become an RHIT?  Or maybe do both? ...

Exactly WHEN Did They Stop Paying Holidays?
Jun 04, 2012

I was hired last December.   I could have sworn the recruiter said "7 paid holidays" and 25% pay increase (1 cpl increase - big friggin whoop) for working a holiday.  ...

One-stop Location For IC Information
Aug 20, 2012

Is there is book/website/company that offers information on how to become an IC transcriptionist, making a contract with client, how to handle accounting and/or legal issues, choosing dictating software etc? I'm considering it and do not know where to begin? ...

Nuance Just Doesn't Know When To Stop
Oct 04, 2012

Looks like Nuance is out looking for legal troubles. CEO, Paul Ricci tried to buy some friends with $5 mil apiece. But it ended in a lawsuit. Guess some people are seeing something besides dollar signs. <shakes head> See link http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2011/09/07/lawsuit-nuance-tried-to-bribe-rival.html ...

Start-Stop Transcription
May 21, 2013

Has anyone used Start-Stop Transcription and how do you like it?   ...

M*Modal Promising Me Big $$! They Need To Stop! LOL!
Apr 08, 2014

Okay, I'm about to get irritated with M*Modal.  Being laid off in Sept. due to M*Modal getting our accounts.  I think most of you have followed my story here lately so you know the scoop. Anyway, none of us are going to apply with MM, but MM will no take no for an answer!  They have asked us at least on 5 different occasions to test with them! Each time they say hurry, hurry so you can reserve your spot!  I cannot help but think of graveyard plot when they say that. ...

I Visited One-Stop And Asked About Trade Act
Nov 03, 2009

I decided to look into the benefits of the Trade Act which apparently includes only some states but which MQ has been qualified for.  I'm not yet unemployed but need to at least feel prepared.  I live in California so was given the name and number of the person in charge in my part of the state.  I also picked the brains of the One-Stop personnel about career changes.  They are a WEALTH of information, including 2 excellent websites:  www.edd.ca.gov www.onlin ...

Anyone Else Experiencing Slow To Stop In DQS Today
Jan 20, 2010

I got on my appointed schedule and DQS is slowwwwwwwww, waited 30 mins for one job to finally download, then it stopped and now in continual upload.....EEEEEEE.  This is ridiculous.   And I for one have heard nothing on my MQMail about this new SS time from my CCM or corporate.  SA3.... ...

Can A USB Port Just Stop Working? Have 2 On The Tower
Dec 15, 2011

Last night a friend stopped over and when she went to insert her jump drive into the USB port on front of the tower it did nothing.  I have 2 of them and same thing, did nothing.  It should have brought up her files.  Maybe that is why whenever I try wireless keyboard and mouse it does not seem to work either and have had to return them.  Does anybody know how to fix and or replace and how much it costs?  Thanks for any information.   ...

Why Does Spell Check Stop On All The Headings?
Jul 05, 2012

and why did they not address the issue in DQS7?  I mean, so what if the heading is not on the list?  Why does it have to stop on it? or why not let me save it so it doesn't have to stop on it next time? ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...