A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Exactly WHEN did they stop paying holidays? - mt2

Posted: Jun 04, 2012

I was hired last December.   I could have sworn the recruiter said "7 paid holidays" and 25% pay increase (1 cpl increase - big friggin whoop) for working a holiday. 

Haha, I think Nuance is confused ... - CaliMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They think "paid holidays" means we get paid to work on holidays, just like any other day.

For those of us from Webmedx, the change went into effect on January 1st of this year. I don't know how long Nuancers have been putting up with this joke. I worked on Memorial Day, but due to low work volumes my "holiday pay" was a whopping $6 to sit at my computer all day while everyone else was out having fun.

Basically we have no holidays anymore, but they trot out the 25% increase as a way to try to make it sound like they are being generous. It never occurs to them that they could treat us like actual human beings ...

confused is right - mt20years

[ In Reply To ..]
Confused is not even the word. I worked on Memorial Day as well and I didnt even make that much. When you pay 6 dollars for something, that is how much you should get, nothing more, nothing less. Pay me what I'm worth. I can't wait to leave this company. You can have my 6 bucks when I do.

Holiday pay - barbv

[ In Reply To ..]
They pay a 25% premium on "holidays." That is, if there is work. None that I have been scheduled to work has had any work! I smell India..... JS

I smell I will not work T'giving and Xmas..... - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll work the others, IF there is work, I will not sit here checking all friggin day. But I will not work the 2 holidays above. I have a family and a life. Let the Indians work. They take off for ALL their major holidays. October - they have a boat load of them.

and back to my original question - when did Nuance stop paying holiday pay?

Similar Messages:

Why Do They Always Do This Right Before The Holidays?
Nov 24, 2009

Just got word from the hospital where my full-time coding job is that we will be laying off and/or terminating employees, eliminating positions and changing others.  Why, oh why, do companies always do this around the holiday time? It gets more and more sad and more frightening daily, doesn't it, seeing more and more good people out of work and such a lack of prospects for employment.   ...

You Can Tell Holidays Getting Near, NJA Again
Nov 15, 2013

I usually never have NJA but in the past two weeks, have had it 2 times. ...

Let's Please Stop It!
Nov 28, 2009

The conference calls are over,  the paperwork will soon be sent in, and rumors have been put to rest, at least I think they have been.  I am encouraged because D seems to be more at the helm than I thought she was going to be.  She answered a question yesterday which made things more clear about the rate cut.  I said a long time ago that 10 or 11 cpl was not going to fly forever.  You charge only what the market can bear, and in this economy it cannot handle those rates. ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

Holidays In India
Aug 03, 2010

Here's a link to holidays in India.  My opinion?  Don't work on these days.  It's the closest thing you can get to a strike.  Could be interesting.  http://www.travelindia-guide.com/holiday_calendar.aspx   ...

Crappy Holidays To Us All
Sep 30, 2010

Just got the email today that effective 10/01/2010, my MTSO (whom I will not name) will no longer be paying holiday pay (aka 1.5 cpl) for any holidays anymore b/c of "the economy." R U *** kidding me? First of all, I thought that the recession was officially over in 2009, but I could be mistaken. Secondly, I know holiday pay and OT and all that is a "perk" and not required by law to pay us, but yet they expect us MTs, er me, to work all major holidays for the same crappy cpl as always ...

I Am Not Working Any More Holidays!
Oct 23, 2010

Got denied for Thanksgiving request.  I have put my life on hold for this company for 15 years.  I have missed Christmases, Thanksgivings, family functions and fireworks and for what? To sit at my desk and wait for the work to trickle in? Or no jobs at all.    I am not working another single holiday for this company. Let the Indians work them. I am not even sending in a request for them; I am just going on with my plans. What are they gonna do, send my work to India? Fi ...

Happy Holidays To All
Dec 18, 2010

I don't post here often but do read.  No matter what our differences or opinions when it comes to MQ, we all have it in common and sometimes it's just nice to know that you are all there with that common bond.  So, thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a bright new year.  Jaybee ...

Never Got So Much As A Happy Holidays From The Q.
Jan 06, 2011

I don't need some gift (that wasn't worth the money they paid postage on). It just would have been nice to at least send out a company email wishing us a happy holidays. That would have only cost them the money it would have taken some salaried person to type it up and sned it out which is really nothing as that person would have been paid whether they did that or not. Guess 'cause we're an Indian company and that is not one of their holidays. What would have been appreci ...

Increased Pay On Holidays
Oct 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you get time and a half for work on holidays? ...

Paid Holidays??
Jan 02, 2012

Hey MQ Mt's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?   Couldn't find it on MQ Central.  Thanks!  ...

Keystrokes Holidays
Apr 04, 2012

Does anyone know what the paid holidays are at Keystrokes?  Thanks!! ...

How Does The Holidays Work Here?
May 23, 2012

The only 2 I want off are Thanksgiving and Christmas.  How do they pay you?  Minimum wage for 8 hours?   ...

Question On Holidays.
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Holidays Everybody!
Dec 19, 2012

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everybody and hope they have a great time and a great holiday! This was our first time decorating and shopping as well as sending cards and stuff in over 7 years due to severe pain and financial issues. It feels so good to do normal things during the holiday this year, although it took numerous doctors appointments to do so. I felt so good when my cousin emailed me that my grandma was searching her mailbox everyday and nobody had sent a card yet, but me... s ...

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Dec 26, 2012

I hope all of you have a nice holiday with your family.  I know times can be hard, especially with work, but keep in mind that family is important and enjoy them while you can cause you never know when that will change in a just a moment.  I hope your new year will be better for all of us.  I wish for work for everyone.  hugs for all of you! ...

Mmodal Holidays
Jul 24, 2013

I thought 4th of July was one.  I can't find them, looking in Ultipro. ...

Upcoming Holidays
Sep 27, 2013

Becoming a little/lot concerned.  Realizing that we wiill have low work.  Don't have much PTO built up because of having to use it for prior NJA.  Wondering what will happen.  I think a lot of us are in this same boat.  We don't have much or none at alll built up and there will be little to no work.  ARGH!!!!!!  Another layer of stress. ...

When Are They Going To Stop Messing With
Feb 10, 2010

MQ has made big changes to my primary account.  Now things are all messed up and because of it, we have to re-enter redundant information in the ADT screen.  For example, it says ADT Attending and ADT Admitting with the doc's names.  Those aren't carrying over to the report now, for some reason, so we have to re-enter those docs names in the additional ADT field under attending and admitting.  Also, all of the reference repository stuff is gone.  It now says th ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...

If You Are Let Go At WMX, Does Your Insurance Stop
Feb 23, 2011

nm ...

The Abuse Won't Stop
Jul 03, 2012

No one is going to do it for us.  There is wage theft, minimum wage, changing of timecards, disrespect for our knowledge, ridiculous working conditions, bad management, and no communication.  MTs have been left completely out of the conversation, and they are the MT in MTSO.  How bizarre is that? I think everyone should just walk away from their keyboards.  We won't know what the result of an action like that will be until we take it, and hold a positive intent on beha ...

Re: Comedy Stop
Jul 05, 2012

I really hope this doesn't get redirected. I meant to put it on the Main Board. I want to send out a request for more VR and dictation funnies. MTStars has gotten so depressing lately, and I could really use some laughs. ...

For Those Saying We Should Stop Training VR. If We Did, How
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

When Will It Stop Snowing?
Dec 31, 2012

. ...

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Nuance - Stop
May 04, 2014

I have never posted or replied to anything on MTstars.com, about any company in my 30 years in this field and have worked for a few BIG companies in the past (who were never this bad, not even Medquist) and with my own experiences I can say Nuance should be rated as a 10 as the worst company to work for (10 as worst).  If you are considering Nuance, do not waste your time or most importantly, your self-respect.   ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...