A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you think it is necessary to give 2 weeks? - Noelle

Posted: May 30, 2012

Do you think it is necessary to give 2 weeks notice if I am ALWAYS out of work. For example I should be done with my 8 hour shift in an hour and I am not even half way through the day due to being out of work on my primary and ALL of my back ups. I just do not see the point in it.

What do you guys think?

Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day!! :)

I would always give a 2 week notice even if - agmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I am out of work a lot. You never know what the future holds and you may be at a company that gets bought out by MM some day. Don't burn your bridges no matter how bad it is. Good luck!

I agree, if possible... - See message...

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that, if possible, I would give 2 weeks' notice. At least you'll feel like you did it the right way (even though I KNOW the way you're being used by your employer isn't "the right way"!); you won't be burning any bridges and won't be giving your current employer a reason to give a negative comment on future references; AND, you may find that if it's near the end of a pay period, your manager might tell you to just work until the end of the pay period anyway. The latter happened to 2 friends of mine: One only had to work 2 more days, and the other's last day was the day she gave her notice as it happened to be the last day she was scheduled to work during that pay period.

Thanks! - Noelle

[ In Reply To ..]
I was not even thinking about future references. For that reason and that reason only I am going to give 2 weeks notice. Hopefully I will get lucky and not have to finish out the full 2 weeks.

Similar Messages:

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

When You Give 2 Weeks Do They Actually Still Utilize You?
Apr 20, 2015

I guess this might vary from account to account and TSM to TSM, but was wondering for those who did provide 2 weeks did you work as usual? ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Pay For Last 2 Weeks
Jan 24, 2011

Just figured my pay on lines for the last 2 weeks.  Really depressing.  I figured it twice because I thought it just couldn't be right.  New Year sure isn't starting off well.  ...

Weeks Vs. Weeks'
Feb 09, 2011

Please clarify .... is it weeks or weeks' ?? The patient is a 21-year-old G2, P1-0-0-1 at 37 plus 1 weeks' gestation who presents ........ ...

NJA For Going On 3 Weeks?
Mar 20, 2013

I got switched to a new acct a little over a month ago and have been out of work on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.  Yesterday an email was sent that we would know this morning what the status is and still no word.  ARG!!!  Anyone else in the west know what is going on? ...

Two Weeks And I'm Gone
Nov 18, 2013

I just turned in my resignation.  Crazy to change jobs right before the holidays but I've done it before.  Cannot wait to start new job at smaller company for, yes, a little less pay but no corporate bigwigs and no offshores.  I feel free! ...

2-weeks
Jan 31, 2014

Hello fellow MT's, I saw that another MT posed this question and I thought it was a great idea to get a heads up before I do this. I plan on giving MM my 2 weeks very very very soon and I was wondering if anyone who has given 2 weeks at MM could tell me what happened immediately after they gave their notice? How they were treated, how PTO you have banked was handled, etc. Anything will be helpful. You can private e-mail me if you would like. Thank you in advance, it is very much appreciated ...

Almost 7 Weeks Since My Last Day And Still
Jul 22, 2014

How long does it take? ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Help.. S/l EPO Cretin Every 2 Weeks
Jun 19, 2010

Dictator also says EPO therapy 40000 units every 2 weeks.  ...

8 Weeks Training To Become An MT (sm)
Jul 20, 2010

Why do these "schools" continue to advertise?  There is NO WAY someone can learn what we do in 8 weeks.  I am amazed at advertisements such as these!!! ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

Few Weeks' Time?
Oct 19, 2010

This always gets me, is this correct? or is it a few weeks time ...

10 And 0/7 Weeks' Gestational Age?
Oct 20, 2010

What is the proper format for this gestational term? 10-0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10 and 0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10-0/7 weeks gestational age...? Please and thank you! :) ...

First Full Day Off In 2 Weeks!
Dec 18, 2011

It's a family day! I hope you all have a great day! :) ...

2 Weeks With MM, Don't Like Cornerstone...s/m
Jul 10, 2012

ready to quit.  How much notice should I give?  I have an offer to transcribe Radiology reports from a local MTSO. and though I'm nervous about Rad, I think it's the better choice.  Thanks! ...

Yay!!! I Got My Paycheck For 2 Weeks. $48.00.
Dec 28, 2012

Worked here for over 20 years.  Been MT of the month 3 times with pay raises only to be grandfathered in to lose my raises and have the same pay I started working for this company.  Then I slowly get no jobs available for the past 3 months.  For these last 2 weeks??  I get on all hours of the day and night and this is what my pay comes too??  How the he)) am I supposed to pay for cable to stay on and electric bill. GOTTA LOVE MMODAL!  ...

It Is 2 Weeks Until Christmas
Dec 11, 2013

They surely can't blame the lack of work on Christmas yet, can they? ...

Two Weeks Notice
Jan 09, 2015

I put in my two week's notice and am now locked out of the system..........its this an usual tactic for MTSO services?  My boss asked me why I was quiting and I told her the truth, I got a job outside of transcription.  What gives?! ...

We're On Mandatory OT For, What, Going On 6 Weeks,
Apr 24, 2015

and she has time to attend her kid's school function during the workday?  I have nothing against her, she seems very nice, but you know they'd flip out if we asked to take off for something like that, especially when we're backlogged.  When's the last time you were able to take off to attend something for your kid's school?  How much do these supers and schedulers make anyway?  It seems like a dream job.  AND HOW MANY WEEKS IN A ROW CAN THEY DEMA ...

Paid 3 Weeks In Arrears?
Dec 27, 2009

Hi, I am in my first IC position.  It takes them three weeks to process payroll, so our checks are cut three weeks in arrears.  Is this typical?  What happened to the good ole days when WEEKLY PAY for MTs was standard..? ...

Starting With MQ In 3 Weeks - Any Advice?
Mar 11, 2010

This is going to be my first job as an MT, and I was wondering if any experienced MTs (especially those working at MQ) have any good advice about anything across the board.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Gone To Work For Spheris In The Last Few Weeks?
Mar 25, 2010

Any pros or cons?  TIA. ...

Figures, After A Few Straight Weeks Of Nothing
May 27, 2010

but accounts in my own BOB, I started getting ALL non-BOB today even though apparently there was plenty of work on my primary.  So I though, hmmmm, I bet I'm getting audited....sure enough......I looked in statistics and I WAS.  Surprise!!! --- after 6 audited reports (very difficult, unfamiliar ESLs and new-to-me work types) I have a score of 97.7%.  I guess I failed my second audit.  That makes me so bleeping mad!!!  So, does this mean I will go on 100% QA immedi ...

Weeks Or Week's Time
Jul 15, 2010

Hey, this is one I always get confused about...."Follow up in two weeks time or two week's or two weeks' time??"  Thanks! ...

Pt Is 2 Weeks Status-post S/l NUA
Jan 23, 2011

x ...

Geez, Got A Job At Nuance 2 Weeks Ago...
May 05, 2011

I am still waiting to do the training on the acct specifics.  I am also disappointed with the lack of communication with the team lead.  I have yet to receive an email.  I just need to get working.  I didn't get a job to sit here.  ...

How Does Diskriter Pay, Every Week, Every 2 Weeks?
Aug 15, 2011

Or is it twice a month on the 15th and at the end?  ...