A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance 2 weeks notice? - MTnomore

Posted: Feb 01, 2015

Hello. I found employment outside of Nuance (and outside of my home). I like my supervisor and want to give her 2-weeks notice but I'm concerned that I will get fired on the spot or lose my PTO. Has anyone given 2-weeks notice and left on a positive note? 

You will probably get locked out of the system as - soon as she sees that email. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Start copying anything on there you might want to save or need. Emails, time cards, PTO total, etc. EVERYTHING you even THINK you might want to save - COPY IT NOW.

Screen shots are best, you may not be able to use a flash drive on their computer if you're using it.

Heed this advice, many people have given a 2-week notice and been locked out immediately with access to nothing.

Nuance - justanothermt

[ In Reply To ..]
I put my 2 weeks' notice in and was blocked out of my email shortly thereafter. It's like dealing with a 2-year-old.

I gave two weeks' notice - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and was immediately locked out of the system without a word. So save everything you can before you give notice.

2 weeks - MTnomore

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you so much. I kind of thought that would be the case. I appreciate the feedback

Put your notice in writing and save a copy. As - long as you do, you have "left"

[ In Reply To ..]
in good graces and will get your PTO.

I wouldnt bet on it, with Screwance. - She better CHA all around. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I have never worked for Nuance, but I can 't believe (sm) - former TL, ATC, TT, Imedx

[ In Reply To ..]
this question is even being asked. Things sure have changed in the employment (just MT?) world. I would never DREAM of leaving any job w/o 2 weeks notice. I can't believe they lock you out of the system when they get it. Unbelievable!!

Believe it. I got fired from Nuance without even - being told. Simply found myself SM

[ In Reply To ..]
locked out one day. Emailed the manager to ask what the deal was and never heard a word one in return. I did, however, get paid up to the last date I worked.

This also happened at another MTSO; but the work did suspiciously die down a lot a month before I got an email at 5 p.m. that night saying they no longer needed my services. That after I'd been locked out around 4 p.m. or so and wondering WTF happened.

MTSOs have turned to real shoots (**original alternate spelling of the real word deleted by moderators or system obviously). No MT should ever think it wont happen to her/him, because it sure could.

Thanks for the advice. I believe it now. That's disgusting. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

A lot of employers do that. - Henry Ford was famous for it

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of employers figure that if you've given your notice, you're not as invested in doing a good job (What are they doing to do? fire me?) and so they cut you loose right then.

Honestly, the one or two times that happened were a relief more than anything.

As to the PTO, I walked away from Nuance a number of years ago with no warning or notice whatsoever and they paid out the PTO. I think they are required to by law, but I could be wrong on that.

Real world job - Longg Time MT-NY

[ In Reply To ..]
I work in a real world job now and I can see them trying to do it. Don't think they would get away with it as we are part of a large university but I think they would try and I have worked at non-MT jobs where they have definitely done it.

I gave Nuance a 2-week notice. - mtm

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave them a 2-week notice, and they were great about it. I left because there was not enough work for the QCs. Another QC left 1 day before I did, and she also gave a 2-week notice and did not have a problem. Good luck to you.

I had no problems when I gave a 2 weeks notice - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
That was over a year ago. By law they cannot "confiscate" your PTO accrued days but do not have to give you accrual for the last 2 weeks you work. If your account is low on work they may elect to go ahead and let you go now - hopefully that won't happen.

Nuance 2 weeks notice - JavaMom

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave 2 weeks notice but they didn't have me keep working the last 2 weeks. She was nice about it...but still, I was done that day. I wasn't getting much work anyway, though. I was told I was welcome to apply again anytime! LOL

I didnt give 2 weeks and still got my PTO - mls

[ In Reply To ..]
Well I tried to give 2 weeks notice but couldn't stand working for them so just quit after a week. They still have to give you your PTO that you have build up. I received mine with my last check.

2 weeks - MTnomore

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you so much for your feedback. I'm going to man up and tell them today. I'm looking forward to being back out in the real world

It just goes to show.... - you are expendable

[ In Reply To ..]
If a company can lock you out the instant you try to do the right thing and give a 2-week notice of quitting... that just shows how much they over hire. They have someone else just salivating in the wings to take over your production.

Similar Messages:

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Two Weeks Notice
Jan 09, 2015

I put in my two week's notice and am now locked out of the system..........its this an usual tactic for MTSO services?  My boss asked me why I was quiting and I told her the truth, I got a job outside of transcription.  What gives?! ...

MModal And 2 Weeks Notice
Aug 31, 2012

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with giving MModal a 2 weeks notice?  Do they let you go immediately or do they let you work the 2 weeks?  I tried using search but there was no recent posts about this.   Thanks ...

Two Weeks Notice Question
Nov 15, 2012

I've seen this asked here before, but it didn't apply to me at the time, so I didn't read the notes closely.  Did anyone here give 2 weeks notice of leaving MM and still able to work that 2 weeks? Or did you get locked out?     ...

JUST THINK, WE ALL GIVE OUR 2 WEEKS NOTICE
Nov 08, 2014

Wouldn't it be nice to see us all give our 2 weeks notice at the same time.  McDonald's workers can go on strike, but we can't.  We don't even get minimum wage, so they have to give us MUP.  Then they complain about it and make it look like its our fault that there is no work and if you punch out everytime there is no work that just means you are going to get even less, so they don't have to pay you minimum wage for the hours you are sitting here searchin ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

Should I Even Bother Giving 2 Weeks Notice?
Sep 05, 2014

Really getting fed up....virtually NO work since Labor Day....looking elsewhere and don't want to burn any bridges, but what's the point of giving M*Modal 2 weeks notice if there's no work to type and I could actually be making money at a new job in that 2 weeks' time?! ...

Get Paid For PTO Hours If You Don't Give 2 Weeks Notice?
May 23, 2012

Hello.  I'm considering quitting MModal and I need to know if you have to give 2 weeks' notice if you want to get paid for your PTO hours accumulated.  Thanks! ...

Geez, Got A Job At Nuance 2 Weeks Ago...
May 05, 2011

I am still waiting to do the training on the acct specifics.  I am also disappointed with the lack of communication with the team lead.  I have yet to receive an email.  I just need to get working.  I didn't get a job to sit here.  ...

Does Nuance Pay Twice A Month Or Every 2 Weeks?
May 12, 2012

Way To Go Nuance! After 2 Weeks Of OOW, Most Days, 0 Net Pay
Jan 11, 2014

xx ...

Newly Hired At Nuance 2 Weeks Ago
Sep 06, 2011

So I am hired and did all the webinar training and such... and am waiting and waiting to get trained on account specifics and get started working... How long can I expect to wait?  I asked someone Friday and they said most likely Tuesday.  Tuesday workday has come and gone.... What to do next? ...

When Do W2 Forms Go Out? I Worked At Nuance For 6 Weeks Last
Jan 16, 2014

I can only hope it's mailed and I don't have to go into one of their outsourced confusing websites. Thanks. ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

How Much Notice Does Nuance Give
Jun 18, 2012

How much notice does Nuance give the MTs on that account when a big client has dropped them, since they have known for a while?  ...

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

Current 9 Year Transcend MLS. I Notice Nuance Hiring Ads
Sep 24, 2012

Is this common (the 1 yr exp only requirement).  Transcend has always required at least 3 years.  One has to wonder if the 1 year exp is an easy ploy to offer lower pay.  I worry about this since from what we can summize we will be moved to be in line with Nuance payscale at some point shortly.  Is anyone else make this 1 yr experience connection?  ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Pay For Last 2 Weeks
Jan 24, 2011

Just figured my pay on lines for the last 2 weeks.  Really depressing.  I figured it twice because I thought it just couldn't be right.  New Year sure isn't starting off well.  ...

Weeks Vs. Weeks'
Feb 09, 2011

Please clarify .... is it weeks or weeks' ?? The patient is a 21-year-old G2, P1-0-0-1 at 37 plus 1 weeks' gestation who presents ........ ...

NJA For Going On 3 Weeks?
Mar 20, 2013

I got switched to a new acct a little over a month ago and have been out of work on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.  Yesterday an email was sent that we would know this morning what the status is and still no word.  ARG!!!  Anyone else in the west know what is going on? ...

Two Weeks And I'm Gone
Nov 18, 2013

I just turned in my resignation.  Crazy to change jobs right before the holidays but I've done it before.  Cannot wait to start new job at smaller company for, yes, a little less pay but no corporate bigwigs and no offshores.  I feel free! ...

2-weeks
Jan 31, 2014

Hello fellow MT's, I saw that another MT posed this question and I thought it was a great idea to get a heads up before I do this. I plan on giving MM my 2 weeks very very very soon and I was wondering if anyone who has given 2 weeks at MM could tell me what happened immediately after they gave their notice? How they were treated, how PTO you have banked was handled, etc. Anything will be helpful. You can private e-mail me if you would like. Thank you in advance, it is very much appreciated ...

Almost 7 Weeks Since My Last Day And Still
Jul 22, 2014

How long does it take? ...

Help.. S/l EPO Cretin Every 2 Weeks
Jun 19, 2010

Dictator also says EPO therapy 40000 units every 2 weeks.  ...

8 Weeks Training To Become An MT (sm)
Jul 20, 2010

Why do these "schools" continue to advertise?  There is NO WAY someone can learn what we do in 8 weeks.  I am amazed at advertisements such as these!!! ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

Few Weeks' Time?
Oct 19, 2010

This always gets me, is this correct? or is it a few weeks time ...

10 And 0/7 Weeks' Gestational Age?
Oct 20, 2010

What is the proper format for this gestational term? 10-0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10 and 0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10-0/7 weeks gestational age...? Please and thank you! :) ...

First Full Day Off In 2 Weeks!
Dec 18, 2011

It's a family day! I hope you all have a great day! :) ...