A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

pass/fail tests? - skyblues

Posted: Jul 02, 2010

I know that the tests given by MTSOs are from mttest.com and that they are pass/fail tests. Does anyone know what the passing percentage is? One strike, you're out? How does this work?

Thanks.

many MTSOs ask for a 98% or above accuracy - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

pass/fail tests? - skyblues

[ In Reply To ..]
So, can I "assume" then that there will be 100 questions on the test?

SOME MTSOs use mttest - SoCal MT

[ In Reply To ..]
but certainly not most. There are many different versions of the test . . . not just one. Also, just best 98% is required to pass does not mean there have to be 100 questions. There could be 50, so one missed would end up being 98%.

It isn't just multiple-choice questions. Actual transcription from sound files is part of the test.

Why don't you take the test through one of the companies using mttest.com? At least that may give you some idea of what to expect when/if you test with another company that uses that particular test site.

Similar Messages:

Pass/fail
Oct 21, 2014

Does anyone have a clue about the pass/fail that is in Fiesa today?  Just noticed mine and I suppose it has something to do with the changes rolling out but I couldn't remember if we had received anything about it or not.  Thanks! ...

Pass/fail Rates
Mar 10, 2010

Here is a link to the pass/fail rates for AHIMA certification exams.   http://www.ahima.org/certification/documents/2007_2009_CertificationExamPassRates.pdf Please note that even AHIMA itself recommends a minimum of 3 years of hospital coding experience before attempting the CCS exam, and they have good reason for doing so.  The test is very challenging.  Yes, people may pass without that experience, but most will not.  This is not an inexpensive exam, either.  The fig ...

Just Got An Email From My QC Coah On The Pass/fail Jobs
Dec 09, 2013

I had 2 jobs that were both 100 and then I had a failed job on some account that I have never typed on before ~ foreign doctor.    The errors were marked as noncritical errors.    How can they expect us to be able to type 100 different accounts with perfect quality?   I remember this report that I "failed."  There were no samples to go by.   I guess I will be getting an email from my supervisor shortly about failing a job and making me feel ...

DEPRESSED NO JOB, CANT PASS TESTS
Jul 31, 2010

I am so depressed. I guess I am trying to vent to you guys. I have taken 4 tests for companies and failed all  of them. I didnt even get an answer back from one. I have been doing this for years. I feel like a dummy. I dont think there are any good companies out there that any one of us can trust. I havent found one. I have sent out my resumes to at least 25 companies I got through my school and on the internet. I also was soooooo scammed through Dit transcription. I just dont know what to ...

Why Can't I Pass These Hiring Tests?!
Jul 16, 2012

I cannot seem to pass these MT tests to save my life.  I spent all last week testing.  I've been informed I've failed four tests.  I've passed Nuance and M*Modal's test, which is pretty much the same as a few other tests I've taken but failed.  I've also taken two other tests that were not the mttest, but failed those as well.  These tests have taken me FOREVER to do, as I have no footpedal and the dictators talk so fast that I have to stop ...

Pass Record Tool (PASS-R)
Feb 17, 2010

What exactly is pass record tool? This is the only definition/reference I can find for dictated PASSR (spelled by dictator) and not sure it is even medical.  We are suppose to expand abbreviations unless unsure of definition and I hate to send blanks to QA if I can avoid it. ...

Tests Tests And More Tests.....grrrr
Dec 18, 2014

Applying for a new job is a job in and of itself these days. Is anyone else having this ?? All these tests on these job applications. They are sometimes hours long. Some of these test reports are HARD. They are harder than most I do now. I work for MW now. I don't really have time to go through all these tests for hours and hours for FREE. I'm thinking of just not doing it and forgetting about that particular application. One of them I really was interested in too but what if I do all ...

Being Set Up To Fail?
Nov 17, 2011

First, I was warned about low line count during a period of many MQ computer problems (finally got new one and now resolved), then audited during that same time period after being warned about line count, which I passed at 99.89%. Then 2 weeks later I start getting a work type I had never done before, like every other job, completely new terms and docs, which normally I do not mind learning new things, but now with the more-than-5%-sent-to-QA nonsense I do not feel comfortable sending blanks to ...

SR FAIL
Jun 08, 2012

Talking about an area of oozing that was dripping into the surgical site.  Said dripping 3 times. 1.  SR = "gripping" 2.  SR = "creeping" 3.  SR = "draping" Three chances, three air balls. (SR = "hair balls", of course.)       ...

Set Up To Fail?
Feb 04, 2014

As I mentioned earlier I keep getting badgered, first for dropping percentage on FIESA, then for production. One of the things that bothers me, lately I keep getting more and more of those same dictators that I make the most mistakes on. It's almost like they want me to fail? Is that paranoia or just the elephant in the room trying to sit on me and no one notices? I am on an enormous account. I realize they can narrow work down to some degree but with literally 100s of clinics on this ...

VR Fail
Aug 22, 2014

Positive fecal pulses. ...

Ever Feel Like They Just Want You To Fail?
Nov 19, 2010

It just seems like we cannot win with this company. Between the 5% QA, bottom of the barrel dictators, and unrealistic expectations I just want to pull my hair out. ...

I Think I Now Know Why Some Fail MT Test
Apr 13, 2012

I beileve it's when the company advertising closes the hiring process but doesn't let us know.  For fun, I just went to an older ad and went through the testing process.  I KNOW I aced it, but it told me I didn't have the skills necessary.  I also KNOW that the job hiring process was closed, but did it just as an experiment. So those of you who are so hard on yourselves, don't be.  I truly now think it's because the company has closed the hiring proc ...

What Happens If You Fail More Than 1 Audit?
Aug 05, 2013

Last year I failed an audit, barely and was out on 100% QA for 6 weeks after 1 email from TSM and no responses afterwards until suddenly I was off and back to regular work. Later I was transferred to another TSM. Wednesday I got an email that after multiple complaints from a specific doctor, all his reports were 100% QA and my report had failed the audit (barely). Nothing from TSM yet, but I am off Sunday and Monday. I wish I could quit so bad, but can't afford it. If I get fired and apply ...

Ever Feel Like You Are Being Set Up To Fail
Oct 02, 2013

I just cannot seem to get my line count up no matter what I do.  I have an account that I am doing for the UK and it is a struggle.  Being bounced around to a new BOB every 2 months or less does not help. I have got my second warning about my line count, never had this problem before.  Oh well, maybe getting fired is not such a bad thing though. ...

Epic Fail!
Jan 15, 2015

TSA sent out an e-mail to EVERYBODY that should have gone to the PODmistress. I would've been terminated on the spot.  ...

LOSER When You Fail An Audit
Mar 22, 2010

Wow, they sure do make you feel like a LOSER when you fail an audit.  Phone conference scheduled, can anyone tell me what to expect ...

If You Fail The CCS Exam, Do They Tell You What You Did Wrong?
Jul 10, 2012

I haven't taken it, but I'm just wondering. ...

Anyone Else Take The Test For WordMed.Biz And Fail
Jul 17, 2014

Please.   What a crock.  20+ years experience, and I'm referred to a matchbook school. mttest can suck it.   If that's what WordMed.Biz trusts to screen potential employees, then I don't think I'd trust them as an employer.  and their red-hot screaming wage of .07 CPL.   Yeah...  ...

Anybody With Fluency Audio Fail?
Oct 22, 2014

nm ...

II'll Probably Fail The Medquist Test Today Again
Nov 26, 2011

I took the Medquist test again today, but I don't expect the perfection they seem to demand.  I actually got an RLP (real live person) at Medquist to speak to me about testing 2 weeks ago.  She was a little help.  She said they have 1,000 take the test monthly so no wonder they are not interested in any particular transcriptionist.  I suspect, though, that only 20/1000 pass it.  I actually worked for Mx for 7 years part-time, and I love their platform.    ...

One Mistake Made Me Fail An Audit.
Jun 09, 2015

I admit I made a mistake.  I forgot to add a cc.  Never mind that all the other jobs that were audited were 100%.  I am only human but Mmodal does not care.  ...

Medication S/l Med Pass? See More
Aug 13, 2010

Patient is on vitamin D, aspirin, (Med Pass), omeprozole, MiraLax, sertaline, simvastatin, Spiriva, Symbicort....   This is a patient with pancytopenia..if that helps... ...

I Was A WMX QA And Can't Pass A Test??
Sep 14, 2010

I've taken all of these tests one after another and some I pass, some I don't. I have the experience and did QA for 5 years, so I have no idea why I'm not passing them. I'm growing tired and weary. Anyone else having problems testing? ...

Does Anybody Else Think That MQ Just Does Want Us To Not Pass Audits?
Oct 27, 2010

Does it seem like no matter what you do it is not good enough? Here lately it seems like they only audit the worst dictator. The only reports they have audited for me lately have been ESLs lately. Maybe that is their way of trying to get rid of me. Maybe they want to thin the herd and just send it all to India. I just hope to find something soon outside of MT. I have been looking.   ...

Someone Posted Below That You Now Have To Pass The RMT To Even Take The CMT?
Sep 20, 2011

Is this really true?  I was already on the fence about it....I despise ADHI but at the same time realize having CMT could possibly help find a job and sometimes (rarely) get a CMT diff.  Not to mention the test cost $300 whether you pass or not.  So now you have to pay to pass the RMT?  This can't be true.  I mean, if you can pass the CMT you should be able to pass the RMT w/o having to PAY for it.  ...

Can A New Grad Pass The CCS, CPC? I Just Did
Jan 08, 2012

Someone just asked, so I'll answer.  Yes, it is very possible.  I graduated 1 1/2 years ago from Andrews School but then waited to take the exams (personal reasons). I just started back on track to get the credentials.  I passed the CPC this fall and passed the CCS this week.   Even with the long delay between the end of school and my credentialing exams, I passed both on the first try. I have NOT worked a single day as a coder.  I am ...

Just Something I Want To Pass Along That Could Be Helpful
Sep 24, 2012

I, I think like a lot of the MTs on here are getting fed up with Express Scribe and the fact that you have to go to the Pro Version and downgrade to the free.  Stupidly on Thursday, I removed my copy of ES to install the version that the company I was going to work for uses.  Well, now, I cannot even configure the footpedal unless I purchase the product or one of their footpedals (my footpedal is an IN-USB-1 which has worked on Express Scribe in the past), but now, it is not even on th ...

Just Some Information To Pass Along
Oct 17, 2014

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it.  My old computer had Word 2003 and Steadmans 2006 installed on it.  I could not get the Steadmans 2006 to load on the new computer so as a result, I went for the 15-day trial of Spellex, since Stedman's doesn't offer anything like that.   I called Spellex today (and BTW, they are based in Tampa, FL), and said that I would not be able to purchase the program until next Friday and I only had 2 days left of my ...

Gotta Pass This One Along ... Sm
May 18, 2015

Dr. dictates:  Postsurgical drains over the abdomen ... VR types:  Postsurgical brains over the abdomen ...   Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! ...