A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wish Shaw could be working my shift today. - good times

Posted: Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though.

On a related note, has anybody noticed that - sound quality in Fluency

[ In Reply To ..]
has been worse than usual for the past couple of weeks? The volume is so low on almost every report I get that I have to struggle to hear it, even with volume turned all the way up. Wonder what "improvement" they've made now?!

on a related note... - so tired

[ In Reply To ..]
That is no improvement...they are trying to slow us down, make our reports "subquality," so they have a reason to terminate us. How sad...shame on you Mm..you fat cats sit up there and think you are looking down on us..not one of you can do our job and none of us would want to cut throats like you do..you give less than a D**N about us..NJA but you increase our line count requirement...NJA but you want us full time...NJA but you talk about "our" quality...where the HELL is your accountability, your quality...then you have the nerve to post "most improved MT" on a monthly basis for a $50 gift card?! OMG. I am so high on my soap box I am at a different altitude!! I have been with this company, mm and mq, for more than 12 years and I have never received a GD thing. I am not talking about freebies, gift cards, trips...I just want a fair wage for the quality of work and the quantity of work I produce for you...an american company with medical reports on american patients being sent to india! I hope "punjab" is happy with you and your unfair practices because you obviously don't caare about your fellow americans!

thought it was me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and not just the volume..sometimes it skips, and it just seems different, can't put my finger on it. Thought I was going deaf or something, my line count has gone way down trying to figure out this garbage.

Similar Messages:

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Am I The Only One Who Had No Work During My Shift Today At TT?
May 12, 2011

I still have a few hours left on my shift but I have had only 2 reports all day.  I see they are hiring again?!! ...

Working 2nd Or 3rd Shift ?
Apr 29, 2011

Have been fortunate and always worked first shift (weekends included).  Now it looks like those are hard to come by and may have to take a 2nd shift or third shift.  Once you do, is it easy to get on days in a year or two with most companies or are you locked in for life? ...

WMX - Working Outside Of Normal Shift
Jun 26, 2011

I am thinking for right now I don't really care if I "fudge" on my shift a little here and there.  First they offer OT, then no work.  I almost think it might be better when we are under different management.  HOWEVER, I still have not seen anything on the acquisition other than what we were originally told.  How odd!! Makes you afraid to go with any of the smaller companies.  Who knows who will be eaten up next.  I will say I was an old YOG employee and when ...

Advice For Working 2nd Shift...
Feb 20, 2013

I start 2nd shift tomorrow and will be working 12 pm to 9 pm.  I am wondering how to make this as painless as possible seeing as how I am used to 1st shift.  I can take up to 2 hours for breaks, researching, etc. Any and all advice is appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Working 2nd Shift With Kids
Apr 29, 2013

I'm considering a FT second shift position with a company, but I would like to get some input from others who work 2nd shift on how they are able to do it with a husband and small children at home.  I am currently working first shift while husband is at work and kids in school but have a lot of days with low or no work.  Just wondering how you are able to stay focused and take care of regular chores/duties around the house in the evenings and still work and maintain a decent line ...

Anyone Working Today?
Jan 02, 2012

I was expecting low work today, but this is crazy! (North Region). Well, cleaning my bathroom and packing away Christmas sweatshirts, etc, so maybe I'll get something done here anyway! ...

So I'm Working On A Job Today...
Mar 30, 2013

and something the doctor is saying isn't quite clear so I check a sample to see if I can get a little clarification, and I could not believe my eyes.  Now I know the QC says there are mistakes in these samples sometimes so beware, but...nothing could prepare me for this mess.  This note was just littered with errors.  These were errors that I didn't even need to hear the dictation in order to catch, the biggest of which was "the patient's eyes and nose data was...". ...

For Those Working Today
Apr 26, 2015

Have you also been told you must work an extra hour today?  How long is this going to continue?  Has anyone been told why this his happening?  Have you been bugged by email if you skipped working the mandated extra hour?  Can we be fired if we refuse?  I wish so much I could just quit right now.  I might anyway. ...

Today Working On EBTXT Has Been Better Than The
Mar 26, 2013

practice job yesterday.  At least all of my hair is still intact, lol.  It does get easier as I go and, hopefully, will become second nature. ...

Working Imedx Today
May 10, 2015

working imedx today.  what do you mean poof, gone?  I am in midwest. ...

Looks Like I Won't Be Working Again Today. I Was Asked Last Year (sm)
Jan 25, 2013

to change my Friday hours to later in the morning because that is when my accts had more work.  Yeah, right.  I seem to be getting the little work that I do get in the early morning hours and then the work dries up.  I just went to sign on an hour ago and nothing AGAIN.  I can't work tonight and I can't work after my normal shift tomorrow, which by the way I have run out of work the past few Saturdays which never ever used to happen not even during the holidays!!&nb ...

Anyone Working For Keystrokes Get Paid Today? Nm
Feb 04, 2013

. ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

Shaw Tip
Aug 06, 2013

Another useless tip. ...

OK Shaw...
Sep 03, 2013

"productivity tips"  have finally jumped the shark.  I think most of us who have been doing this job for more than about a week understand that keeping a neat desk and not checking feedback while working are conducive to productivity.  Here's a tip for you: Treat highly skilled and knowledgable workers like valued assets who are able to make choices and decisions on their own, not like robotic drones who have no clue how to get work accomplished.  Otherwise spare us the ...

Another E-mail From Shaw
Jul 17, 2013

I have a feeling MM is the new Nuance.  Shaw is the screw-tightener... ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

New Message From Shaw
Aug 13, 2013

available on Intranet.  Changing from 15 down to 6 minutes wait time. ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

What? Shaw Is Leaving Us?
Mar 04, 2015

a "Senior Vice President of Coding Solutions" as well as a whole host of other suit promotions and departures. ...

I Find It Sad That When I Hear Dr. S/l Shaw
May 05, 2013

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

What Does SHDA And HDS Stand For In Shaw's E Mail?
Sep 20, 2013

I don't understand why we need all these new abbreviations for titles.  ...