A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looks like I won't be working again today. I was asked last year (sm) - broke

Posted: Jan 25, 2013

to change my Friday hours to later in the morning because that is when my accts had more work.  Yeah, right.  I seem to be getting the little work that I do get in the early morning hours and then the work dries up.  I just went to sign on an hour ago and nothing AGAIN.  I can't work tonight and I can't work after my normal shift tomorrow, which by the way I have run out of work the past few Saturdays which never ever used to happen not even during the holidays!! Oh, and were are all these people with the flu being treated? I guess they aren't going to my hospitals.  I'm sorry for venting but I'm vrey frustrated.  I don't really want to work at the local grocery store but that may be my only option right now.  This is so frustrating.  Thanks for listening and no problem if you are not; it just feels better to tell someone what is happening.......

I've been thinking of the grocery stores too.. - but unfortunately I think

[ In Reply To ..]
the only 2 around here close are full up and not hiring. I live in a small town. That doesn't help.

I actually applied to work in a grocery store. - Maggie May

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently I wasn't qualified, I never heard from them, and it was a very large chain in my area.

Meier's, Lowe's, Walmart, you name it... - anon4

[ In Reply To ..]
...next will be fast food. I'm not too proud but also not hearing much back so far, either. Can't give up. I've not been unemployed since I was 16, and I'm 58 now. May have to go back to school but am not much enthused about it right now.

I have 11 hours to make up from this week alone - grits

[ In Reply To ..]
but A) I feel bad infringing on someone else's already-scant work and B) there's no guarantee of work anyway.

OI, MMODAL - THIS SUCKS

Not qualified/credit report - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've run into that a lot. I have office experience as well but it's a few years old and that puts me out of the running when 300 people are applying. I then moved down to grocery and retail stores but have no experience so do not get called back.

Another issue is, since some months I have money to pay bills and other months I don't due to no work, my credit is not the greatest. I've had at least one employer turn me down for a job because of my credit report. It's a no-win situation. You can't clean up your credit without a steady job but you can't get a job without great credit.

Similar Messages:

I Met A Man And His Wife Today. They Asked Me What I Did For
Apr 10, 2010

a living.  When I told them medical transcription, the man said he owned a court reporting business, and he could set me up with Indian transcriptionists.  I could e-mail them my work, and they would sent back letter perfect reports.  They charge a much cheaper rate, and I could keep the difference.  After I wiped up the mess from spitting out my Coke, I politely informed him that I did not believe in offshoring.  ...

I Am Sure This Has Been Asked Before But Is Anyone Currently Working For
Sep 12, 2014

Inscribe as an IC and what is your opinion of them. ...

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Two New Ads For MLS With 1 Year Experience Today
Jan 12, 2015

proving to be very exciting. Two ads 3 min apart. Goooo Nuance!! ...

Gulf Coast GCT, This Is My First Year Working There And
Jun 04, 2013

have heard it gets slow during the summer, particularly July-August, but this slow?  I love it there, I really really do.  I read, below, about people who said just get used to the slow down and I am trying, but I am not evening making minimum.   It all seemed to happen after the computers were switched over or whatever it was mid-May with lots of work and now barely any.  I need reassurance that it always is this slow and will pick up in the autumn.  In the meanti ...

Anyone Working Today?
Jan 02, 2012

I was expecting low work today, but this is crazy! (North Region). Well, cleaning my bathroom and packing away Christmas sweatshirts, etc, so maybe I'll get something done here anyway! ...

So I'm Working On A Job Today...
Mar 30, 2013

and something the doctor is saying isn't quite clear so I check a sample to see if I can get a little clarification, and I could not believe my eyes.  Now I know the QC says there are mistakes in these samples sometimes so beware, but...nothing could prepare me for this mess.  This note was just littered with errors.  These were errors that I didn't even need to hear the dictation in order to catch, the biggest of which was "the patient's eyes and nose data was...". ...

For Those Working Today
Apr 26, 2015

Have you also been told you must work an extra hour today?  How long is this going to continue?  Has anyone been told why this his happening?  Have you been bugged by email if you skipped working the mandated extra hour?  Can we be fired if we refuse?  I wish so much I could just quit right now.  I might anyway. ...

Today Working On EBTXT Has Been Better Than The
Mar 26, 2013

practice job yesterday.  At least all of my hair is still intact, lol.  It does get easier as I go and, hopefully, will become second nature. ...

Working Imedx Today
May 10, 2015

working imedx today.  what do you mean poof, gone?  I am in midwest. ...

Anyone Working For Keystrokes Get Paid Today? Nm
Feb 04, 2013

. ...

I Wish Shaw Could Be Working My Shift Today.
Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though. ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

Low Work At TTS. Asked Not To Work Today.
Jun 09, 2011

So sick of them overstaffing accounts and then insult current TTS MTs by recruiting.  What kind of game are they playing?  ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

This Has Probably Been Asked Before, But...
Jun 19, 2013

What would you do if you worked for Nuance and was offered a job to start immediately with another company?  Would you have to give 2 weeks' notice and possible lose the job offer? ...

Been Asked To Tier Up
Feb 25, 2010

Good? Bad? Should I run screaming for the hills? ...

I Am Sure That This Question Has Been Asked But .... (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer and cannot decide between a desktop or a laptop.  Which do you prefer and why?  I love the idea of not being confined to my desk with the laptop but afraid that it will not "hold up" like a desktop in the long run. Thanks so much for your replies! ...

Below I Asked A Question About What
Sep 23, 2010

Max House or Health PFC KA system for a knee replacement.  In case anyone is interested, the QA response was MAX-HEALTH PS TKA system.  However, I tried to verify this for myself on google, but I could not.  QA must have a better reference library than I do.  FYI. ...

Has It Become A Given That We Are Asked To Work OT W/o OT Pay?
Nov 10, 2010

Evidently it is an unwritten rule at my company that when you are asked to work hours outside of your shift, or over 40 hours, it is a given that you are to do so with no extra pay.  Should I bring it up?  Am I the only one? We all work 40 hours on my account, some nights, and some weekends.  Always have.  Now the AM is e mailing on the weekend asking us to get on there and get caught up.  Extra money is never mentioned - never paid, although if more than 40 hours is on ...

Someone Asked Me If There Is Work Out There
Dec 08, 2011

I ran into a former co-worker.  She asked what I was doing and I told her I am doing medical transcription from home.  She said her daughter is taking an online course in MT but it is slow going.  She asked me a few questions about the field.  Mainly she wanted to know if there is work out there.  I didn't want to be negative so I said yes, there's work out there, even though in my heart I know her daughter is going to have a tough time getting work.  At l ...

I Am Curious If Anyone Who Has Asked Has Ever
Sep 02, 2012

received a response as to why they were not given a job or even given the chance to test.  I never have.  ...

TSM Asked Why I Have No Hours!! Really??
Mar 05, 2013

I asked her if I was supposed to pull work out of the air??  I was so angry!! Are these people clueless or just stupid? I asked her if she thinks I like making no money and why would I show up every day that I am supposed to and do nothing?? I told her that I knew what the company was trying to do and that I Would Not Quit, so they had better find another reason to get rid of me. I asked her if she knew of this website and that the MModal MTs actually "do" talk to each other and we know wha ...

An MT Asked That Question?
Apr 17, 2013

Show me one MT who cares about this. ...

WTH Asked This Question?
Apr 17, 2013

It's one step up from How's the Baby? ...

Update--You Asked For It!
Nov 01, 2013

A few weeks ago I stopped in here to tell you all good-bye. I had found a new position doing psychiatric transcription and I was taking the leap. At that time, a few of you asked me if I could tell you where I was going and I didn't feel I could at that point. I have now been with Saince, Inc and I can tell you without a doubt I made the right choice for me. The training was actually "hands-on." The trainer explained and showed us how to do something and then he turned his computer ove ...