A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What? Shaw is leaving us? - And we also now have

Posted: Mar 04, 2015

a "Senior Vice President of Coding Solutions" as well as a whole host of other suit promotions and departures.

Work faster - work harder

[ In Reply To ..]
we have a grossly bloated corporate structure to support.

LOL I loved your post! sm - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]

I needed something to cheer me up and your post just hit the spot.  I caught the Black Death on Thursday and I hate being bedridden. 

I wish Shaw luck in his new career in... the Durable Medical Equipment Revenue Cycle industry?  Do they make the medical equipment or just the revenue cycles for it?  Couldn't you put revenue cycle industry in front of anyone's job as long as they get money for it?  

Whatever.  Congratulations Mr. Rietkerk, I look forward to the revolutionary ideas you brought to our company coming to the medical equipment industry.  

Predictions for Rietkerk philosophy at new job: 

• Catheter sharing program. 

• Fluency Dialysis Machine - duct tape a desktop water fountain pump to a Brita filter. 

• Return to wooden pegs and hooks for prosthetics.  Promote corporate synergy with Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. 

• Patent the new four point walker design:  The Fluency AmbyLator - take a normal walker, slap flame decals on it and charge $2,400.  Talking points:  New compact/aerodynamic/ergonomic design improves speed and maneuverability.  

• New pacemaker:  Fluency PayseMacher - car battery in a backpack with jumper cables hooked up to a Clapper.  Just clap to receive life-saving shock.  Talking points:  No more risky and time consuming surgery, only costs three quarters as much.

• New CPAP machine:  Fluency OxxxxxxxyGen - pumps a fresh supply of helium to the patient.  Talking points:  1)  Helium is far lighter than oxygen and thus should be easier to breathe.  2)  Patient can entertain guests with hilarious new voice.

• New hospital bed:  Fluency ReStoRz DeLux (silent z and pointless capitalization for originality) - Hospital bed that lowers into an attached coffin on wheels.  Talking points:  Faster turnaround time in patient care.  

So, good luck with your revenue cycles and thanks for taking the time and effort to ruin my entire profession.  You showed us that through systemic discrimination, ill-defined and arbitrary quality standards, and a complete disrespect for patient safety and human dignity, our company could achieve its dream of bankruptcy, serial lawsuits, and continuing underperformance!  Keep on the living the dream!

Oh, and a hearty welcome to our newcomers.  Congratulations Noel Tauzin on your promotion.  You're gonna love it.  Just remember the MModal way, work a year and then take the money and run. 

And my condolences to Regina Buchwald... VP of transcription quality... I don't know what you did to deserve it, but I feel bad for you.  Just remember the MModal way, blame us.  It's clearly our fault.  I'm sorry in advance when your highly trained and experienced American workers fail you.  At least you still have the shining example of the ILPs though.  Try to forgive us for our geographical disabilities. 

MModal Livestock from the medical transcription revenue cycles industry

I have to tell you - that I just sprayed

[ In Reply To ..]
Diet Coke on my computer screen over the Fluency ReStoRz DeLux.

Sorry you've been sick, but, boy, have I missed your posts! :-)
Glad I made you laugh LOL - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry about the computer screen though. Many a soda has been sprayed across my own over the years:)

Thanks. Yeah, this has been a nasty virus, but I'm beating it slowly but surely. Winter... uck!

Guess I should have read this before I posted above! lol! - cheated

[ In Reply To ..]
x
The more the merrier! nm - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What's up with that? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the coding program was over. Unless they are hiring people who are coders already, or training outside people and not us. I know that the coding program has been going on for many years and most of us knew nothing about it. When they first offered it to us I checked an Indian MT board and it had been posted on that board a week before they sent out that coding offer to U.S. MTs. I know that Indian law prohibits people from being fired, so maybe they are only going to teach ILPs, but that is just a guess.

The guy who is taking Shaw's place, way worse than Shaw. Heaven help us.

I never understood why they'd have a coding - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
program in the first place & pay people to attend it when there are so many people out there who have finished coding school & gotten their certification & still can't find work. It was always a little fishy IMO.

Obviously you know nothing about coding - Its not like transcription

[ In Reply To ..]
bad coders not only lose money for the facility they can incur fraud charges for miscoded diagnoses. Why do you think coders have such a hard time finding a job without experience, even with credentials? I know 3 coders who finished school and can't get a job--no experience. Facilities just can't take the risk. That's why experienced coders get paid up to 70K. Mmodal put a program in place so they knew without a doubt their coders were being taught properly and then shadowed with an apprenticeship to ensure their coding logic was sound.
Yes, because we all know how much they care about quality... LOL - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
well, they do care about fines. So theres that. - x
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Oh please. Coders are not God's gift to the world. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
maybe not but I dont see them complaining about being treated - the way MTs claim they are being treated
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for MM as an MT and love it. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my accounts and HDSM. But I don't see coders on here complaining like you guys do.
Not yet, but coder mistreatment is coming, - most likely to M*Modal first.
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night - x
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You do not know that. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
So if MM made such an effort - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
With this fabulous program, teaching their coder trainees properly and shadowing them with an apprenticeship, why did the program fold and not provide coding jobs for them?
Probably just a tax writeoff during restructuring. - Feral MT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Cause they needed the funds - for their new
[ In Reply To ..]
Senior Vice President of Coding

Bye Felicia!! -NM - lol

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why are so many leaving at once?? That's a little scary... What do they know - that we dont... nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

meh. It has happened before. - Still Standing

[ In Reply To ..]
they have so many clients...and just added new ones...this ship won't sink.

About coding - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
admittedly I know nothing about it and am not going that route at all...But I met a lady a month or so back that was looking into coding but said something about the ICD-9 codes going to a ICD-10?? And that if she took the course now, it would be out of date too soon..Again, I know nothing, just relating, is this true?
well its all dependent upon our government, unfortunately - ICD10 was supposed to be implemented last year
[ In Reply To ..]
now it is supposed to be implemented October of this year. ICD 10 is much more time consuming and will require more coders. That is why everything is in limbo right now.
Oh, good grief! That is silly! - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
Tell that person her decision was very, very poor. Good grief!

ICD-9 is projected to be replaced by ICD-10 on October 1, 2015. Another move to delay it is again afoot in Congress, however, so nothing is certain.

Regardless, your friend's decision was ridiculous for several reasons.

1. ICD diagnosis codes are only one of several code sets coders use. The rest remain the same.

2. She apparently misunderstands what coders learn. We learn how to USE a code set, not memorize the codes in it. Using 9 and 10 are much the same. Switching from one to the other takes about 4 to 6 hours.

3. We will still need ICD-9 for anything that occurred prior to Oct 1. We will be dealing with that and with data that is in ICD-9 for years to come.

4. Your friend could have chosen a program that taught ICD-10 in the first place. At this point, most do.

um, Titanic? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I sure hope you're right nm - TLC

[ In Reply To ..]

They restructured or something - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
thats corporate life, make your money and move onto bigger and better things.

Yeah, they take that - fat exit bonus

[ In Reply To ..]
and go on to rape the next company
Difficult to understand how the fats get bonuses - as screwed up and failing as Screwance is. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
This ship is going under, leaking so badly now it's a wonder it still stays afloat. Everybody in corporate world has to have heard or know about this and I cant see how anyone would want to come here to work when there's really nothing they can do to improve or better the place.

I know one recruiter moved on from there to another company, I recognized her name when I interviewed for another company, so they are either leaving voluntarily because they know the ship is sinking, or they are put out because of sinking.

Yeah, a bonus for coming to work there, but what do they do to earn it?

Such a **blanked** up mess, it's a wonder anybody wants to go there into any management at all.

It's common for these CEO types to move in - order to reap those sign-on bonuses.

[ In Reply To ..]
I once saw an exposé on the practice. Kind of like a big corporate game of "musical Chairs".
Exactly. the ones who think this is only an MM thing - are showing their ignorance of the corporate world
[ In Reply To ..]
x

They needn't have bothered telling us - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've seen so many suits come and go it's not even funny. I was here when they got here, I'll be here when they're gone (unless something goes very right in my life).

Sounds like a whole new can of worms - for MTs/NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

QC Leaving?? Leaving More Work For MTs?
Jun 14, 2015

Sorry QC was put on the grid and suffering losses (like we have), but from my point of view the more of them leave, the more work left for us.  Isn't that horrible we are reduced to feeling that way about our co-workers??? Some QC say they are not allowed to do MT unless the account is behind, some say they are allowed when they run out of work.   From the length of time we have been suffering from OOW I have to believe they can and do jump in on our work when out of QC ...

Shaw Tip
Aug 06, 2013

Another useless tip. ...

OK Shaw...
Sep 03, 2013

"productivity tips"  have finally jumped the shark.  I think most of us who have been doing this job for more than about a week understand that keeping a neat desk and not checking feedback while working are conducive to productivity.  Here's a tip for you: Treat highly skilled and knowledgable workers like valued assets who are able to make choices and decisions on their own, not like robotic drones who have no clue how to get work accomplished.  Otherwise spare us the ...

Another E-mail From Shaw
Jul 17, 2013

I have a feeling MM is the new Nuance.  Shaw is the screw-tightener... ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

New Message From Shaw
Aug 13, 2013

available on Intranet.  Changing from 15 down to 6 minutes wait time. ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

I Find It Sad That When I Hear Dr. S/l Shaw
May 05, 2013

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

I Wish Shaw Could Be Working My Shift Today.
Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though. ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

What Does SHDA And HDS Stand For In Shaw's E Mail?
Sep 20, 2013

I don't understand why we need all these new abbreviations for titles.  ...

Anyone Have Email Address For King Shaw?
Dec 28, 2013

I am looking for an Mmodal email address for Shaw.  They seem to hide his email like a snake hides in the grass...hmm.... I would like to ask him about ASR and why each time they "upgrade" it, the system gets worse and worse.  I am also going to petition him for our line rates to be increased as this system does not do what he said it was intended to do - make our jobs easier.  The whole reason our pay was cut was because he thought we were making too much money with the new and e ...

Anyone Read Shaw's New Newsletter Tips
Mar 21, 2014

Eye on quality?? Wow..so informative..not! How about an eye on paying professional MT's a decent wage, what about that Shaw??? You get what you pay for ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

Leaving MQ
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get 401K after leaving MQ.  I have had it.  I believe the dictators I am getting were hand picked for me, I can barely make minimum wage.   I know this has been asked before, but please answer. ...

Leaving MQ?
Jun 14, 2010

I've been sending out resumes almost daily for close to 8 months now.  I've also been on at least 20 interviews but once they actually realize I've been working at home for almost 20 years, I don't get any job offers because they "want office experience."   I've been so depressed with so many medical offices turning up their noses at me because I've been working from home.  I'm quite sure I probably know termin ...

Leaving WMX ? Re Last Pay
Sep 21, 2010

I am leaving WMX and wondered if they hold last pay until they receive their equipment back? Anybody in this position? Thanks! ...

Leaving The Q.
Jul 20, 2011

Just wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus of long-timers leaving the Q finally. The account I worked on for 15 years just up and vanished Monday - without a word to any of us. I applied for, and got, a job offer within minutes of sending my resume. I know MQ has beaten us all down over the years, but there are actually other companies and people who appreciate our abilities and stamina to say with such a company for so many years in spite of it all :) ...

Not Sad To Be Leaving The Q,
Sep 10, 2011

I've been cleaning out my office to start a new job soon, and I came across some things from the good old days, i.e., before the Q.  I found email certificates my first CCM from 10 years ago sent when I kicked it line count and quality-wise.  She didn't have to do that, but back then, we got respect as much as we gave it (I was HS back then).  I also found some old pay stubs from when I was a tier 1 and just getting into the routine.  I now make 1/6 of what I did wh ...

What I've Seen Since Leaving MT
May 01, 2012

I recently left the MT field but am in a position where I have to review medical records daily. I've come across mistakes that make me question where they came from... was it a VR report that an editor didn't catch... was it a transcription error... or was it a doctor error. Some of the things I've come across were a statement along the lines of "would've healing well"... I figure this was supposed to be something like "wound is" healing well. I came across a discrepancy ...

To Those Leaving MT
Sep 13, 2012

Curious, as to those getting out of MT, where are you going? I am soooo dissatisfied with this profession today. My wages are half what they were hourly only 4 years ago (VR for me is not profitable). The account specs get more and more complicated and you have to work on at least 5 or 6 accounts to keep work. Add in the hard to understand accents (I mean can't even understand the dictator's name half the time) and the left off demographics, and it is a recipe for low, low wages. I liv ...

I'm Leaving
Sep 20, 2012

Since ASR and off-shoring came along I have been wanting to leave the industry and after 5 years of procrastinating I finally took the plunge.  I have been applying and interviewing and after turning down two offers from different companies I finally accepted a position a couple days ago as a nurse aide with 1/2 hr lunch which food is provided, two 10 minute breaks, every other weekend off, every other holiday off (time and a half pay when I do work holidays), $.30/hr extra weekend pay, 4% ...

Leaving MT! Got Another Job!
Oct 26, 2012

I just got a job working for a Medical Records company.  I will be attaching scanned medical records into the EMR.  I am so thrilled I won't have to sit at my computer waiting all day for work to come in to make little money.  For those of you that are looking to get out of MT, it can be done.  Don't give up. ...

So Now Leaving A Mg Off A Med
Dec 27, 2014

That just seems weird. I get if it's supposed to be mcg and you put mg, something doctors often do in their dictation, but leaving off the mg, 3.0? They are really digging deep into every document to find the means to which to cut our pay. I could never do QA/QC with this company, too nasty. We are perpetual victims, but they have become the freaking Spanish Inquisition. Honestly. ...

Leaving, Not Sure Where But Cannot Take It Any More
Mar 08, 2015

Left this company once before, to another company that was worse, if you can believe that and I will say their name Pre____. You should get it figured out. What has happened with this switchover from Enterprise 5 to Editscript 11 is beyond belief. I'm the one who cannot pend reports, have reached out to everyone and anyone I can think of including IT solution center multiple multiple multiple times and this is falling on deaf ears. My TSM tells me to work on the Editscript account full we ...

To Those Leaving The MT Field
Mar 01, 2010

How long do you think MT'ing will be around?   I'm going back to school to become a social worker, something i've always wanted to do, and need the income while i'm in school.  In fact, today was my first day.  Its an online course and it will take some adjusting, but I feel its time.  I'm following a dream, MT'ing was supposed to be temporary but it is such a cushy job, who would want to leave it?   I think the problem is, there ...